Tarn

you've been a bad boy,

​you broke all the rules

​you've been a bad boy,

​you'll get yours paid in full

​-----

Empty.

​The room, if you could call it that, was empty.

​He spun around, trying in vain to see if there was something, anything in it. Soon, there was: a single chair appeared at what could be interpreted as the center of the room. A voice beckoned.

​"Sit."

​He did so, as there was no reason to defy the voice's request.

The chair itself was made of wood, and seemed fairly old despite having just formed out of thin air. It seemed like the type of chair you'd find in a Matoran's humble apartment. He adjusted his position slightly, and looked ahead. There was someone there.

​"Welcome to limbo, Datrox Karvan."

​-----

​The hulking being towered over them as tendrils of shadow swirled around, walling his opponents off from the rest of the world. On his face he wore a mask whose visage had been tarnished by darkness, but was still recognizable as the Olmak, the Mask of Dimensional Gates.

​"You don't get it," he said, "you just do not get it. You think you can destroy a being of my power? Of my caliber?"

​Three stood before him. Three Toa--fire, magnetism, and air--armed at the ready. The Toa of Fire spoke.

​"You've been killed before, in many dimensions many times over. We'll kill you again here."

​A laugh. A horrible, bone-chilling laugh.

​"I'd like to see you try."

​They unleashed their elements on him all at once. The being absorbed the attack, making him visibly stronger. He smiled under his newly-acquired mask. "Perhaps," he began as he cracked his knuckles, "in another time, another place, you could kill me--or rather, a different Makuta--but this my dimension. My land. My world. Now come know me in a different light, Toa..."

​He brought his fists down on them.

​"...come know me as god."

​-----

​"Why am I--"

​"Save me the clichés, Karvan," the voice, clearly female, said. "I know how much you hate them."

​He frowned. "I do, truly, but I think at this moment it'd be important if you humored me for a moment and answered a few questions. First: how do you know my name?"

​"I've been watching you. Well, we've been watching you," the voice answered.

​"We. More than one. Good to know." Datrox leaned forward a bit. "Second: what the ###### do you mean, 'limbo?' I'm not dead, am I?"

​"Yes and no. You did 'die,' but we saved you. Sort of."

​"...sort of?"

​There was a pause. The voice spoke again. "You received an injury before we saved you. Your left arm..."

​"Don't tell me," Datrox interrupted. He realized that this entire time he couldn't feel his left arm. He brought himself to look at it, and was slightly relieved to find that it wasn't gone.

​But in its place was an entirely black prosthesis.

​-----

​He backed away, clutching the place where his arm once was and watched as the others tried to damage the being. Over and over again their attacks failed, only making him stronger. Finally, the Toa of Magnetism drew her rifle and leveled it at the Makuta's head. She fired before being knocked away by a shadow tendril, just as the shot landed right on the Olmak. It flew off of the being's face and hit the ground, breaking in two.

"Nale!" the Toa of Fire shouted. Makuta roared, his voice having deepened. "HOW DARE YOU?!"

​The Toa of Magnetism lay unmoving. The Toa of Fire ran over and kneeled beside her. "Are you alright? Please, tell me--" She raised her hand to stop him. "I'm...fine," she said with some hesitation as she sat up, "don't get so dramatic yet, Karvan." He nodded. "Right, right. Where's Kavi?"
​"Right here," the Toa of Air responded as he flew overhead, avoiding shadow tendrils as they came at him. "We've got the Olmak away from him," Nale said, "and now he's just sort of raging at us." A loud crash could be heard as the being drove his fist into the ground, barely missing Kavi. "Not too different from before," Datrox replied, "except now he can't get away. Can he?"
​"He could still teleport away without the Olmak but only a short distance. Not that he will, to be completely honest, right now he's a little preoccupied with destroying us."

Datrox got to his feet. "His armor absorbs our elements, and the most we've done to him so far is knock off his favorite ornament. If you've got a plan for actually doing anything about Makuta, Nale, I'd like to hear it."

​"Actually..." she said, looking over at the two Olmak halves, purple energies flowing from them, "...I do."

​-----

​"He took my arm."

​"Correct. During the initial counterattack, when he attempted to crush you with his fists."

​"That's awesome. That's really great." He laid his head in his hands. He said something else but it was somewhat muffled. He raised his head back up. "So you gave me a new---how did you give me a new arm? I thought this was 'limbo.' There's nothing--"

​"You'll understand everything soon Karvan. Right now we just want you to remember."

​"Remember what?"

​"How you killed Makuta. How you got here.

​her."

​-----

"THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO," Makuta bellowed, "EVEN WITHOUT THE OLMAK I AM STILL MORE POWERFUL THAN EVEN MATA NUI HIMSELF. JUST BECAUSE I CANNOT LEAVE THIS CURSED DIMENSION DOESN'T MEAN I CAN'T TEAR IT APART."

​Kavi quickly swooped down and grabbed the Olmak halves, before flying over to a pile of rubble and hiding behind it with his partners. He handed them to Nale and Datrox. By now, the mask had shrunken back to normal size, but the corruption from its previous owner was still present. "You sure this'll work?" the Toa of Air asked, "I'm no expert on dimensional travel besides having done it."

"I'm sure," Nale said, "I just need you to do me a favor."

​"What's that?"

​"We're gonna need a lift."

​-----

​"You know, when people go through trauma the worst thing to do is make 'em relive it."

​"I understand the memory is painful, but it's necessary that we know how it happened."

"...fine."

​-----

​Kavi carried the two and flew them over Makuta. The towering being attempted to swat them out of the sky. "BUGS! LIKE BUGS YOU ANNOY ME, AND LIKE BUGS YOU WILL BE CRUSHED BENEATH MY HAND!"

​"Now, Kavi!"

​The Toa of Air let go of them, and they landed on the Makuta's shoulder. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" His voice was almost deafening up close. Nale immediately thrust one of the Olmak halves into the Makuta. He cried out. "Makuta Teridax of Dimension 6102213..." Nale began; Datrox did the same as her with his half. Purple energies swirled about Makuta's body.

​"...your reign of terror ends here."

​There was a flash of light as the power of the Olmak was absorbed by Makuta's armor, before his body become a portal itself and began to turn inside out. Kavi flew down and grabbed Nale. "Come on, Datrox!" she shouted. The Toa of Fire, deciding to ignore the fact she had finally used his first name, reached out his hand to her--only to be pulled away by a shadow tendril. Nale cried out and tried to grab him in vain as Makuta was finally consumed by the portal that was swallowing up his body, and vanished.

​-----

​"We saved you at the last second. You almost were turned into nothingness."

​"So he is dead."

​"That dimension's Makuta? Yes. He no longer exists."

​"What about Kavi? What about Nale? Are they alright?"

​"Yes. The team that was dispatched to bring you back to the Ignika in the first place took care of them. They're currently back on Spherus Magna."

​There was a pause. Datrox realized the figure ahead of him was becoming clearer as they--or she, as he came to the conclusion this was the being the voice belonged to--came closer to him.

​"She misses you, you know."

​He got out of the chair. "That's enough. I'm done. You made me remember everything that just happened to me. What now? Why was I saved? Is a guy not allowed to be a hero and die in peace?"

​The voice laughed. Not a terrible one, like the Makuta's.

​"You're needed again. The universe isn't done with you, or your past."

The figure was even closer now. She wore blue armor. By now, Datrox could clearly make out that she was a Toa of Water, and that the "empty" room had clearly defined corners. He was in a slow cell, or something like one.

​"That's great. But there's two questions I still haven't asked, that still haven't been answered. Three: Where am I? And four: who are you?"

The voice and figure came together as she laughed again.

​"Daxia. My name is Helryx. Welcome to the Order of Mata Nui headquarters of Dimension 6102328, Datrox Karvan."

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

What, no Sorox?

In all seriousness, very nice job. The killing Makuta thing was kinda cliche, although I was expecting Brutaka based on the intro. Keep it up!

ain't rpg datrox mate. jk, thanks. the killing makuta thing is indeed cliché, admittedly, and part of the reason why I stopped writing the story this finishes up.

EDIT: said story also explains why the olmak's there. sort of.

Edited by McCree

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)