BZPower Interview the Bionicle Team

Way back in June, before we learned the bad news of the cancellation of Bionicle, BZPower had the chance to sit down with three key members of the team at the LEGO Fan Media Days in Billund, Denmark. We have finally received permission to share the interview, and while obviously parts a bit outdated, there's still some great information that I hope people will enjoy. So go

and let us know what you think. We're sorry it took so long, but it was part of the process that got us the interview in the first place, so there's not much more to be done. All in all a huge thanks goes out to LEGO for the opportunity to talk to the team!

View the full article

Nexo Knights CCBS confirmed? I mean, it was kind of inevitable, but it is still sad to see something bump Bionicle out of the game  :(

Either way, it was nice to get some insights from the people working on the line. Looking back though, it seems a bit cruel how they had to go through all that without even dropping the slightest allusion that Bionicle is getting canned. Watching this thing if the line would still be going would make is just interesting, but knowing what we know, watching it was pretty saddening actually...

Here's hoping for G3

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Nexo Knights CCBS confirmed? I mean, it was kind of inevitable, but it is still sad to see something bump Bionicle out of the game  :(

Either way, it was nice to get some insights from the people working on the line. Looking back though, it seems a bit cruel how they had to go through all that without even dropping the slightest allusion that Bionicle is getting canned. Watching this thing if the line would still be going would make is just interesting, but knowing what we know, watching it was pretty saddening actually...

Here's hoping for G3

I thought Nexo Knights CCBS had been confirmed since last year's leak of the 2016 Bionicle sets. Apparently someone had playtested sets that were "futuristic-looking" and weren't Star Wars nor Bionicle. He mentioned these sets featured a "titanium" color, possibly chromed, as well.

Here's hoping for G3

I thought Nexo Knights CCBS had been confirmed since last year's leak of the 2016 Bionicle sets. Apparently someone had playtested sets that were "futuristic-looking" and weren't Star Wars nor Bionicle. He mentioned these sets featured a "titanium" color, possibly chromed, as well.

I haven't heard that but unless the claimant had some sort of proof, I would view those sorts of rumors as questionable. I remember last year there were "rumors" purportedly from a playtester about a 2016 Bionicle wave featuring launchable "ghosts", that turned out to be completely bunk. Playtester rumors are basically the Lego equivalent of "my uncle who works at Nintendo", and in all the history of leaks both real and fake (most of which obviously took place outside of BZPower) I can't honestly remember a single claim based on playtesting that turned out to be legit.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother