Differently Shaped/Printed Visors?

Banana Gunz

Always wondered why we never got differently shaped and printed minifig visors. I can understand why not different shapes, but having a printed on holographic heads up display on a visor would be amazing in my opinion! Thoughts? What do you think the odds of getting them would be? Would you want them? Where/how? Discuss!

Edited by Banana Gunz

What kind? Minifig visors? The HF visors? The ones from the Mahri/Phantoka?

Ah, I meant minifig visors! If it were otherwise I would've posted this in the Bionicle forums! I'll edit the original post to be more specific.

I wondered about that.

Anyway, that would be interesting. After all, we have the standard visor, two bigger ones, and the scuba mask, so maybe. I wouldn't kind seeing one or two new molds for various purposes. Prints might not work as well, but stickers could be an alternative.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

That would be nice, but probably too expensive and complicated. Didn't we just agree that minifigs are too complex? :P

On the other hand, stickers I would support. That would be really cool and it would allow for less specialized underlying faces.

Now that you mention it, yeah lol, having more types of visors might be overdoing it. I'm actually quite surprised with how well LEGO has done with one shape. Unless there's a really good reason for it, perhaps we're better off without them. It would be cool to have a larger visor for aliens with big heads, but that's such a specific case that I don't know if LEGO would ever even do it.

And yeh, I can see how printing on visors might be difficult, but I'm not a huge fan of stickers (though I don't hate them) and having them on minifgs is undesirable. Still... the concept of having a heads up display on a Space Police figure visor is just too much awesome to pass up either way!

I mean, there have in fact been quite a few visor shapes, as seen in this category on Bricklink. Mind you, not all of those are airtight, but nonetheless it's quite a wide variety, many of which are compatible with multiple styles of helmet. This year's Nexo Knights theme includes five brand-new visors for the main knight characters!

As for printing, I imagine the main reason we haven't seen much of that on visors is that Lego is already REALLY good at printing minifigure heads, so in cases where they do want some sort of heads up display it's probably more efficient to include that on a minifigure's head (either for the main face print or alternate face print) than to invest in printing visor pieces. Visors with printed HUDs are a neat idea, though!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother