Rogue One: A Star Wary Story LEGO System Sets Unveiled

After letting a few big sites get the first chance at spreading the word about the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story toys, the rest of us have been given access to pictures and information about the LEGO sets that will be available starting September 30th. BZPower has hi-res images, prices, and descriptions of the five announced system sets, as well as a video covering what we know. Read on to check it out. Which set is your favorite? Let us know in the Talkback!

View the full article

I don't really plan to get any of these sets, but I'm most impressed with the Hovertank and the AT-ST. Both seem to have a very good size and piece count for their US prices, as well as really great builds.

The Hovertank is probably my favorite new vehicle I've seen from Rogue One so far, because it feels really true to the "used future" aesthetic of the original trilogy without feeling too derivative of previous vehicles. Seriously, if I didn't know any better, you could tell me that it had shown up in the background of scenes from all three original trilogy movies and I'd believe you. The set is really basic in terms of play features, but the build makes great use of different building techniques to create interesting shapes and textures.

The AT-ST, by comparison, is a great re-imagining of an original trilogy vehicle. It feels the most authentic of any LEGO version of the AT_ST besides the Ultimate Collectors' Series version from 2006 in terms of shaping and details. My biggest concern is that it might be too big — in the original trilogy, at least, AT-STs were 8.6 meters tall, or between five and five and a half times the height of an average adult. This one is between five and a half and six times the height of a minifigure. Plus, it will be hard for any AT-AT model to feel appropriate in size next to this one, since AT-ATs are supposed to tower over not just people but also smaller walkers!

The minifigures look fantastic! Krennic's Imperial Shuttle looks pretty good. I must say, I am also loving the new AT-ST. It is a pretty awesome line of sets.

The European prices are ridiculous compared to the US prices. Like fine, I am used to seeing $1=€1 when it comes to prices of different products, but Krennic's IS is $90 USD or €100 EUR is beyond ridiculous.

The Hovertank is probably my favorite out of all of these. I really like its design, plus its a hovering tank. Who doesn't like that? :P

The TIE Striker also stands out to me as a cool looking set. I like the look of its wings, as they help it stand out from the original Tie Fighter.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png