Is 2016 the Last Year for Mixels?

If you're a fan of the Mixels theme from LEGO, you might want to stock up before the end of the year. Over on LinkedIn, people have noticed an update to Jordan Reichek's profile. The supervising producer on the Cartoon Network Mixels show, his description of the job says, "SHOWS FINISHED AND DELIVERED...LAST EPSIODE PREMIERS IN SEPTEMBER." If the show is completed, it follows that the toys will likely be done as well. There's been no comment from LEGO yet, so we'll have to wait and see before we know for sure. Would you be sad to see the Mixels go? Let us know in the Talkback!

View the full article

If the show is completed, it follows that the toys will likely be done as well.

I wouldn't assume this. While Mixels is a co-production between LEGO and Cartoon Network, Cartoon Network's involvement extends beyond just the show. How do we know that they won't just continue to promote Mixels via CN-produced apps like they've previously been doing alongside the show? After all, Cartoon Network has lately been expanding their mobile app development, including apps that do not tie in with any of their existing shows.

It's not that I find it hard to believe that Mixels could end after a three-year, nine-wave run. That's a respectable run, and it's not hard to imagine that LEGO and Cartoon Network might both be ready and willing to move on to other projects once their contract together expires. But I wouldn't assume the sets can't exist without the show.

If they do end Mixels, I hope they plan to introduce something else similarly quirky, useful, and affordable.

Edited by Aanchir

I want Mixels to stick around.  It's a fun theme.  Though if it's their choice to end it, then I'll simply roll with it.

I loved mixels, if they get rid of it, I'd have even less legos to look forward to. I always enjoyed getting a new mixel then me and my brother would play with them, and mix them, then we'd copy the mix onto LDD and we made more. Aside from bionicle, mixels is my favorite lego brand, and I don't want to see it go.

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I would be very sad to see Mixels go. :( I like the sets because they look cute and have nice new pieces, like the eye-based ones and their new building system (which is mixed with ball and joint and bricks). I find that very neat for the sets that are primarily based on bricks, so they are like a small mixes of bricks and constraction. :)

I am going to miss the TV show, too. The Mixels look cuter and funnier and most of them have pretty good character development.:) Sadly, the show is having less and less things throughout three years, like the shorts, some characters' character development, 2016 mixes very much, and that Mixie with the drums never actually appeared in the latest special in this March (which BZP never informed). What is happening with the theme here? The special also shows background Mixels that never appeared in sets, but have good character development for some reason. I never saw that coming. I really wish Lego could have put more effort on Mixels by making more shorts.

I like the app games. They are enjoyable most of the time. I like the first one in 2014 the most because I like exploring the Mixels' home environments.:) I never liked several glitches in each game because they are annoying when playing the games, however. Overall, I liked the games. I wish we would get this year's own game.:(

Overall, I like the whole Mixels franchise itself. It's like Bionicle and Steven Universe.:) It had a pretty good three-year run. Too bad that it is going to end this year after the new special. First Bionicle G2, then Mixels. Oh, why those good themes have to end?! WHY!!!! Rest in peace, Mixels. It was such a good theme that is very creative. Long live it, too.:( (crying in tears)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)