Makuta: Consumed By Light

Iruini Nuva

makuta_titan_01_full_768.jpg

Makuta: Consumed By Light

The Toa shattered at his feet, Makuta plucks the Mask from Ekimu's feeble grasp. Victory all but achieved, a soft laugh escapes as he dons his long-sought prize.

And yet, gloating turns to fear. A cry escapes as the Mask's light surges down. Makuta's final moment is consumed by the realization that the Mask is far greater than he. Toa Gali's words echo from the distant past: "You wanted our power, monster. Now let us see if you can handle it."

Rebrick Entry Don't forget to give it a like!

makuta_titan_02_head_t_192.jpgmakuta_titan_03_leg_t_192.jpgmakuta_titan_04_rear_t_192.jpgmakuta_titan_05_arm_t_192.jpg

Click to zoom

My concept is a take on a classic Bionicle theme--the destiny of good to triumph over evil, captured in the pivotal moment when Makuta's arrogance is overcome, and the Mask's light begins to wash down over him. The total build + photoshoot took about 2 weeks.

All feedback and critique is welcome! It's been about 5 years since I last MOC'd; good to be back.

Edited by Iruini Nuva
  • Upvote 6

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

Wow. Five years and yet you return so strong.

This is brilliant. The lack of a villainous face will probably keep you from the winning spot, but this is great nonetheless. Keep up the good work!

Haha thanks! Definitely banking on a concept twist for this one. ;)

Brilliant! One of the most original I've seen, if not for the build, for the theme/backstory. Lovely use of Bohrok head parts, I always thought they were extremely versatile with all those holes at different angles, even if chunky looking at first.

We need more pictures though.

Thanks! And yeah, those are my new favorite piece by far. I actually wrote a blog post about them, ha. Pretty sure there are 18 in there.

I have additional photos from the shoot that I'll see about uploading. Don't forget that you can click the ones I've included to see a lot more. :)

It's a pretty good blend of old and new pieces and I like that, the blue makes this different to most Makuta builds. Lower legs feel a bit bare though.

Appreciate the feedback! Definitely trying to blend the finesse of CCBS with the visual interest of G1 parts.

• Upvote 1

-----------------

:kaukau: It's pretty good.  It's been years since I've been on the BBC forum, so I'm sort out of the knack for leaving insightful comments on these forums.  It's pretty good, and you're a natural MOCer.  I guess that asides from the cool trans-blue stuff that you did, there isn't a whole lot about this that makes it stand out from the crowd, and I think that it's probably because there isn't any use of any pieces that really stands out to me as innovative.

Although you have the Bohrok pieces.  That's awesome.  I remember that blog entry that you made about them, and I totally agreed with it.  It's nice to see you use them in an MOC.  I think that they're the best part of the whole thing.

By the way, where did you get each of the trans-blue pieces?

Edited by Jean Valjean

:kaukau: It's pretty good.  It's been years since I've been on the BBC forum, so I'm sort out of the knack for leaving insightful comments on these forums.  It's pretty good, and you're a natural MOCer.  I guess that asides from the cool trans-blue stuff that you did, there isn't a whole lot about this that makes it stand out from the crowd, and I think that it's probably because there isn't any use of any pieces that really stands out to me as innovative.

Although you have the Bohrok pieces.  That's awesome.  I remember that blog entry that you made about them, and I totally agreed with it.  It's nice to see you use them in an MOC.  I think that they're the best part of the whole thing.

By the way, where did you get each of the trans-blue pieces?

Appreciate that you wandered all the way down here from the blogosphere! Also appreciate the feedback. The trans-blue is definitely the key differentiator in the MOC. :)

The pieces are 99% from some combination of various 2015-16 sets: MM v SG, Ekimu, Skull Warrior, Storm Beast. There's also a single eye from a Kohrak in there.

-----------------