Mountain Axe rahi

northmarch

Deep within Okoto's region of ice strides the mighty Mountain Axe.

image_29501066486_o.jpg

This docile giant carves its way through the mountains with its acidic spiked hooves, gathering nutrients to mix with the pools of water created when it slices its mighty single tusk into the ice.  This beast has unfortunately narrow vision but deceives predators (and potential competitors) into thinking otherwise with the large luminous bulbs resting just above its true eyes.

image_29435642481_o.jpg

image_28891016514_o.jpg

image_28893704483_o.jpg

Builders note: Don't you just love it when a build writes its own story?  One upside to G2 ending is that (as a collector) I can focus my budget more on just parts for MOCing. :D   Until I get addicted to the next theme.

Working out the neck was the only real challenge with this build and I still think it turned out pretty week tbh.  Any tips that don't loose the 'Metru Torso' would be great.  :notsure:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142627018@N03/sets/72157670284454894

image_29515833025_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

It's mostly okay, but I am not too fond of the bare nec and the head. Hands do not make good eye pieces.

The hand pieces aren't the eyes though. There like the fake 'eyes' on some bird wings, meant to trick potential predators. It's real eyes are the tr fluro green studs underneath.

I actually thought the use of the trans-blue hands as the eyes was pretty creative and interesting :shrugs:

Overall, I'm really liking what you did with this MOC. The color scheme does leave some to be desired, but I really like how it hearkens back to the G1 Rahi while keeping an obvious G2 aesthetic. Good job!

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki: