Anything like Lego Digital Designer for BIONICLE?

Denisowator

So when I was around 12 I decided to sell all my bionicles, mainly because I just wasn't into collecting them as I used to be, and we couldn't afford to keep buying every single one when they came out. Not to mention they took up an insane amount of space. It was also a huge problem when my mum's friends came over with their kids, cause there was no way of keeping the bionicles away from them, and every time they left after like 10 hours, I have to spend a good 3 hours re organizing them into the exact positions they were in.

Anyway, recently I saw an insane custom built bionicles on DeviantArt, and I really want to make my own. But I don't want to have to buy full bionicles just to end up using like 2 parts from each.

Is there any program like the Lego Digital Designer, where I can assemble the parts without having to buy them, and then order it. The problem with LDD is that they shut down the model delivery option, and it never actually had any bionicle parts except the arm and leg plates.

I read somewhere on here about someone asking people whether they'd like a BIONICLE-only CAD program, the topic was made in 2011 and I have no idea whether it ended up being made or not. If not, is there any way I could see what my bionicle would look like instead of ordering 500 parts and going from there?

As far as I'm aware, a program like that doesn't exist at the moment, unfortunately. I would personally recommend downloads LDD and getting a Bricklink account. LDD has a better selection of BIONICLE parts than it used to, and then you can buy the parts you need on Bricklink. That being said, LDD still only has a portion of classic BIONICLE's part selection, but I hope this helps regardless.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

I also wish there was such a program, Denisowater. Boy, would I use it. Unfortunately, LDD is the best program for the job, but its BIONICLE part selection has grown considerably. However, there are more Hero Factory pieces than BIONICLE. If you don't care, then that's fine. And like jed1ndy said, you can always go to Bricklink to order the pieces you need.

mindeth the cobwebs

You know what would be really nice? If you could use LDD to build custom models with custom colored pieces and they would make it for you just like they did a few years back, imagine how could it would be to create your own bionicle sets!

It would be nice. Unfortunately, it would also be completely infeasible using Lego's current production practices. Lego molds parts on an incredibly large scale, and tries to have their factories running at peak production at all times—they can't just take a molding machine offline to refill it with a new color for one or two parts that someone custom-ordered. Even when Design-By-Me was operating, the parts selection was pretty much limited to what was available on the online Pick-a-Brick. The main exception I can think of was Hero Recon Team, which offered a single coinjected Hero Factory chest plate that was not released in any other sets (likely as an incentive for people to use the expensive and fairly limited service), and even then that part was produced in a single production run for all future orders rather than individually as orders came in.

Perhaps in the future, 3D printing will get to the point where Lego can fabricate individual parts on demand. But even if they could, there would likely be a hefty surcharge on such a service, to account for the much less efficient method of manufacture as well as the labor costs that already apply to packing and shipping individual parts orders.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother