KOPAKA Fan Film (2016 Short Video Contest Entry)

KopakaFan116

Hello everyone,

My local high school is hosting an arts commission festival titled "Films in Five" where you had to create a video that runs 5 minutes or less.

My entry for the event is a short adventure skit involving my favorite Toa of Ice, Kopaka. It took about 4 months to create (On and off), and 

it just got accepted into the festival and will be shown there on October 1st! I'm so excited for other people to see it, especially on the big screen!

I wanted to share it with everyone on BZPower too. I hope you enjoy the film, and tell me what you think of it below! :)

• Upvote 6

No Kopaka Phantoka?

Seriously though, it's an awesome piece of work. Very true to the story, great animation, and quite the thought provoking exchange between Kopaka and his shadow.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

• 2 weeks later...

No Kopaka Phantoka?

Seriously though, it's an awesome piece of work. Very true to the story, great animation, and quite the thought provoking exchange between Kopaka and his shadow.

Thanks for the encouragement, Wiriamu! The sequence between Kopaka and his shadow was originally going to be longer, and would have involved Kopaka walking into the cave and seeing his reflection in an ice wall, and then cycling through the different armored variants of himself until it reached the current version, like in the final cut. However, due to how long that would take to learn how to do the effects and the complexity of the reflections being in an ice wall for me, I decided to make it simpler.

I'm really sorry that you are dissappointed about Kopaka Phantoka not appearing in the video. I do not own the set, and during the shooting of that scene I was running low on funds so I wasn't able to buy him. However, when he sees his Nuva armor variant in the scene, I like to think that it is both his Nuva and Adaptive Armor variant, with the Adaptive Armor variant not being seen in its Sky Form in the animation.  :P

Edited by KopakaFan116