Phinto game discussion

phinto

we are discussing about the game based on phinto, after the dark709 game years ago.

my old game (my first game) is about platforming, jumping on or blasting red Rahkshi it had 3 bosses. and its the far as i go.

if you don't know game before. try it now of this link below.

( http://gamejolt.com/games/phinto-first-games/68248 )

i mean it... we need ideas...

first question... in this a platform game we need some moves, like some flipping twisting in mid-air in combat style.

(UP+UP) double jump

(UP+A) mario spin

(UP+UP+A) sonic spin

anyway it will be like dark709 remake game.

but this time, it will be 3d, or 2.5D. with puzzles..

and also music choices

(I think daiki kasho will do)

(a boss theme like (daiki kasho - survive)

(that will do fit with DBZ sound FX)

(voice acting dialog along with text boxes and mugshots)

Edited by phinto

I'm reopening the comic forum on this link below

phintodaily.gif 
the ask-along-phinto comic
chibimaker.gif
make your own chibitoran
gamedis.gif
game programmer wanted.
razorsprites.gif  
try my sprites if you like.

Well, I have played your "first game" just now, and it is very charming. Reminds me a great deal of BZP's heyday when there was a decent selections of fangames to choose from. Sigh, good old days.

Anyway, the gameplay itself was decent enough. The music was quite something. Did you make it? Its a spin on the MNOG2 Ga-Koro theme.

I got stuck in the fourth level when I fell into the Rahkshi pit without the key.

I gave the minigames a go. They are pretty well made, aside from coins apearing in the walls, and gems appearing underground in the shooter minigame. My favorite was the shooter. It is no doubt the most challenging.

I'd like to know what sprite sheet was used for the coin collecting minigame. They are not unlike the original Mario sprites. Very charming indeed.

As for your new project, if it is anything near the second Dark709 Movie video game in terms of quality, that would be certainly something I'd like to see.

As for ideas, I think an a great gameplay mechanic would be picking up special powerups or gear from fallen bosses. Ones that grant you special abilities that can also double as keys to access previously hidden areas in previous maps. Not unlike BIONICLE Heroes, and the weapon steal concept from Megaman (or Rockman I think).

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

Well, I have played your "first game" just now, and it is very charming. Reminds me a great deal of BZP's heyday when there was a decent selections of fangames to choose from. Sigh, good old days.

Anyway, the gameplay itself was decent enough. The music was quite something. Did you make it? Its a spin on the MNOG2 Ga-Koro theme.

I got stuck in the fourth level when I fell into the Rahkshi pit without the key.

I gave the minigames a go. They are pretty well made, aside from coins apearing in the walls, and gems appearing underground in the shooter minigame. My favorite was the shooter. It is no doubt the most challenging.

I'd like to know what sprite sheet was used for the coin collecting minigame. They are not unlike the original Mario sprites. Very charming indeed.

As for your new project, if it is anything near the second Dark709 Movie video game in terms of quality, that would be certainly something I'd like to see.

As for ideas, I think an a great gameplay mechanic would be picking up special powerups or gear from fallen bosses. Ones that grant you special abilities that can also double as keys to access previously hidden areas in previous maps. Not unlike BIONICLE Heroes, and the weapon steal concept from Megaman (or Rockman I think).

i think the same as i first making the 2.5D game. hence the name phinto64. but wanted to be more like klonoa door to phantomile in puzzles and stuff. because of the twisty levels. i need ideas... something that was mant to be an environment.

Edited by phinto

I'm reopening the comic forum on this link below

phintodaily.gif 
the ask-along-phinto comic
chibimaker.gif
make your own chibitoran
gamedis.gif
game programmer wanted.
razorsprites.gif  
try my sprites if you like.