Remember

Hapori Tohu

Let us not forget what happened fifteen years ago today. We were here at Kanohi-Power and BionicleZone back then, and we all lived though 9/11/01 as a community. Fifteen years later, we are still here, members are still here - and the site, the members, and the world are just a little less innocent because of that day exactly fifteen years ago. The world is now different, as is our community that has lived through a difficult time - it is important to remember all those who lost their lives.

View the full article

• Upvote 8

Never ever should we cease to remember the Eleventh of September.  Let all those who ignore history do so at their own peril.

May God put to rest the souls into those victims of evil, and those that follow and do evil know fear when Justice greets them.

Amen.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian
  • Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I'll always remember exactly where I was on September 11, 2001.

I was ten at the time, attending middle school in Belmont, NH. It started off like any other day, one where my friends and I used to sit behind our desks and screw around while we were supposed to be learning, mostly talking about Gundam and Dragon Ball Z (which Cartoon Network's Toonami programming block used to play every day around after we returned home, along with others, such as Outlaw Star), purposely scraping the paint off of those little Hotwheels cars, and of course, geeking out over a recently launched Lego theme going by the name of Bionicle. We were just about to switch subjects, though I can't seem to recall what they actually were for the life of me, when one of the faculty, likely the vice-principal, stepped inside our fifth grade classroom and asked if he could speak to our teacher in private. While everyone else started goofing off as soon as they left the room, throwing paper airplanes and doing other things that children were prone to do, I couldn't help but watch their silenced conversation through the glass of the door, my mind racing and trying to figure out just what exactly they were talking about. A few moments later, she walked back inside and told us that something terrible had occured and we were having an early-release day because of it, so we all started packing and getting ready to be sent home not too long afterwards, none the wiser to what had actually happened.

When I was eventually dropped back off at the end of our driveway, I stepped inside and proceeded to enter our living room expecting to watch some cartoons, seeing as to how I had a few hours to kill before my dad came home and started nagging me to go do my chores, only to find my mom standing in front of the television watching the news. That's when she told me about the attack, about how the flights were hijacked and flown into the towers of the World Trade Center, about how they were still sending in rescue workers, and about how it was still unconfirmed exactly how many people lost their lives that day. And of course, being the kid that I was at the time, still trying to wrap my head around the news, the first thing that came out of my mouth was me asking her if someone was going to try to crash a plane into our house.

Little did I know that what I had said was actually a metaphor for the events which transpired on that fateful day, as the impact of the attack left behind a shockwave that was felt all across the country, and by extension, the world.

To all of those who have lost loved ones in the attacks, the wars, and the tragedies that came afterwards, our hearts and minds will always be right here, mourning alongside you as we take the time to remember those who have fallen. May they be granted the rest that they so rightfully deserve.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

May we remember the horrible tragedy that occured because of the violent actions of terrorism. God bless those effected by the attacks, and we remember all the brave soldiers who made the world a safer place one day at a time. And the emergency workers who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the poor people trapped.

God Bless America.

Edited by The Hordika

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)