POLL: What was your favourite Toa and Matoran build?

Logan McOwen

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One defining factor of G1 was the different kinds of builds that were introduced with each new wave of sets. Each season was guaranteed to introduce a plethora of new pieces... At least until 2006 where things became more formulaic and recycle-y. In my eye, no sets exemplify the evolution of G1 better than those portraying Toa and Matoran, the two most iconic, recognisable and important kinds of characters in G1 lore.

So I want to know - What was your favourite Toa build, and your favourite Matoran build? 

(Note the date ranges - You can vote for builds if they apply to Glatorian, Agori or STARS sets if you so wish. Also, I haven't listed anything to do with polybags, just boxed/canister sets.)

Edited by Logan McOwen

I'd prefer an option to say "None" for the toa build, as I can't really say any of them were my favorite, but the poll requires you to choose at least one option in all of them. 

And the MahriMatoran and Hydruka were my other choices... I really liked 2007 in generall for builds, as even each barraki and toa mahri had differences in their build. Sometimes small, sometimes large, but all different in some manner.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Loved the old Metru builds--pretty reliably my favorite there.

Tohunga for Matoran. Have like...15 of them.

Wasn't really sure on the other small builds. Voted Bohrok Va, but the Hydruka are probably better builds (just don't happen to own any).

• Upvote 1

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

In terms of aesthetic and playability the Inika build (but only the true Toa Inika, mind you) was the best. They were different enough to not look like clones yet still looking like part of a team - something that all later Toa waves failed to achieve.

The tohunga build wasn't complex nor was it any great fun to play with...but it's just so cute.

Bohrok Va have a very special place in my heart.

• Upvote 1

1. The Mata/Nuva build. I agree that the later builds made for better Toa sets, but I still really liked the look of the Mata and Nuva builds.

2. Voya Nui Matoran 1. I always thought that the Voya Nui Matoran had some of the best builds when it came to small sets in Gen 1 Bionicle.

3. Rahaga. They also had some cool builds IMO.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

As a kid, I favored poseability over gears, so the choice had to be the Inika build. And I know this isn't exactly the popular opinion, but...

*raises flame shield*

...All the Matoran builds were trash. I voted Phantoran because they looked the least bizarre.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Had to go with Bohrok Va as my third option. I just love those six sets. There just so adorable  :wub:

As for Toa and Matoran builds. I went with Metru and Mahri. Metru was the first to give us both full articulation and gear function. and Mahri just for how coherently solid they were.

Edited by Takanuinuva
  • Upvote 1

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

My favorite Toa build was the inika build. It got old after a few years, but it's a good build nonetheless. My favorite matoran was the voyatoran #1, since it's the most unique build and pretty posable. I went with the Bohrok Va for the other small set, since I don't really care for the rest.

I really need a better signature.

The Toa Metru and Hagah build was always the most iconic to me. To me it looked very heroic and didn't feel as flat as the Inika builds. The Mahri Matoran build remains one of my favorite small builds in G1. It actually made the Matoran seem like they were capable of defending themselves for once. Though the cutest Matoran were the Tohunga for sure.

• Upvote 1

Toa build was a tough one for me. 

While the Mata\Nuva build is a classic, can I say I enjoy it beyond that? I went with Piraka, as that build is what started the the "standardized" torso builds, and when I moc, I find myself going back to that. It does't help that these are the most common parts I have aswell.

Matoran is Tohunga for being pure classics. No other Matoran design ever even came close to being as awesome as these little guys are. imo.

For bonus, I chose Bohrok-Va without looking at the other options, as one of my first sets was a Pahrak-Va. And again, because 2001-2003 classicness.

Upon second examination, Rahkshi of Heat vision was pretty sweet aswell.

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

Right, everyone loves a smart-aleck.

That's not being a smart aleck, that's pointing out information that has been there since the topic was created. Yes he should have put G1 in the title, but still he pointed it out in the first post with the expectation people would read it.

Edited by Fear the Fikou!

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I gotta say, the metrutoran were pretty cool to me. I especially liked the torsos for whatever reason, and they didn't seem as awkward or "weak" if you will, as the previous matoran. That's not to say the tohunga weren't great, but they seemed helpless. As for toa, the Inika build was pretty cool to begin with, but it got old after a while. For the small, non-matoran builds, I liked the rakshi in 2010, as their spine/head setup was pretty cool.

db76a003-790e-461b-a18a-fa88a856ee11_zps

Check out my reinforced double ball cup!