2012 Lord Of The Rings / Hobbit Sets

Nittany Nuva

I haven't seen a topic for this, but sorry if there is one.Greatest thing ever.Nothing can express my joy at the news that LEGO has acquired the LOTR and Hobbit licenses. I was already super-excited and giddy about the new Hobbit trailer being revealed soon, and this has just broken the needle on my nerd joy gauge. Next year will be absolutely glorious.So what kind of sets do you guys expect there will be? One scene from The Hobbit that seems pretty likely to me is Bilbo's encounter with the trolls, since we already have troll molds. We have the "elf hair" mold already too, so Rivendell has a good chance of making an appearance. What do you think?

7. Putting all five Piraka in one tank seems like a dangerous idea. What if they start killing each other?

7) Who cares? They're creeps anyway.

-GregF

I think nuju metru is really gonna be annoyed because he was in the middle of mocing them xD

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

ACE!! I wonder how they'll do the Ring...

The Ring is actually shown in the teaser I linked above. It's the diameter of a minifig's hand, so it can't be worn, but that's okay because it shouldn't be anyway. Also, the large size doesn't bother me because it can change sizes.I seriously haven't been this excited about a toy since I was a kid. A great feeling!Edit: Looking again, the ring seems to have a standard peg size inner diameter. Maybe it could fit over half a minifig's hand? Edited by Nittany Nuva
7. Putting all five Piraka in one tank seems like a dangerous idea. What if they start killing each other?

-GregF

I am not a huge LotR fan - this is partially attributed to an incident involving The Hobbit, my fourth-grade teacher, and a beanbag. However, I eagerly await the finalized sets.I'm expecting good things from the line.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Another interesting tidbit from the press release that I did not notice until now:

Information about the sets and collectible minifigures from both collections will be unveiled at a later date at TheLordoftheRings.LEGO.com.

I wonder, is this just a general reference to the minifigs contained in the sets, or are we going to see LOTR-themed Collectible Minifigures? Or is it going to be something like the Ninjago individual minifig packages? Edited by Nittany Nuva

-GregF

At last! I think Lego should have done this years ago. I really want to see Helm's Deep and Aragorn's epic undead army. Those minifigs should be sweet. Also: Rivendell, a troll catapult, Bilbo's hobbit hole, the Prancing Pony, and Bilbo's epic fight with the dragon at the end of the hobbit. Seriously Lego, you hit a grand slam with this deal.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

LOTR and Hobbit Lego sets. For some reason, this doesn't surprise me. There have been a lot of popular themes coming out lately (PotC, DC superheroes and villains, etc.), so LOTR and Hobbit sets make sense to me. I would really like to see a Mordor set come to be. That would be cool. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Oh Lego, First you get the rights for Marvel Superhero sets, make the awesome Hero Factory sets, and now this.Lego, I love you.I'm personally looking forward to all the new accessories. The ring will be epic, and I can't wait to see the Shards of Narsil and the sword reforged.Oh, and a special Sauron minifig or figure. That has epic written all over it.

Edited by King Joe

I'm looking forward to the ring. And Gollum. 'My precious...' :P

I think nuju metru is really gonna be annoyed because he was in the middle of mocing them xD

I know. The irony is probably unbearable."I think I'll MOC LOTR..."A few days later..."LEGO is making LOTR and The Hobbit sets."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Hah! I've got to admit I'm a little surprised they never did this back during the LOTR films, but I'm not complaining now.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'm really happy that they're doing this now, but I wish they would have done it when the movies came out. They might be doing it now because of the new Hobbit movie coming out. Either way, I bet the sets are going to be pretty cool. :DAll I ask is for them to make a Sauron set made out of HF parts. That would be a really awesome set. Or, at least, it would have really awesome parts (e.g. helmet). :P

I know. The irony is probably unbearable."I think I'll MOC LOTR..."A few days later..."LEGO is making LOTR and The Hobbit sets."
On the plus side, it saves him some money. :PI also don't see why he couldn't go through with it anyway. I saw a few LotR locations built from LEGO at BrickFair '11, and they were most impressive - more so than any set could aspire to be.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

On the plus side, it saves him some money. :PI also don't see why he couldn't go through with it anyway. I saw a few LotR locations built from LEGO at BrickFair '11, and they were most impressive - more so than any set could aspire to be.
Yes, but I'm in it for the irony. I wish he would post, just so we could see his reaction. That would be fun. :evilbiggrin:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Pray to whatever deities you belive in that they will be serious about this... I may not be a huge fan of LoTR, but if they put in childish humor, I will be upset.Other than that, we need more picture before I make an opinion. Gotta say, the homepage is giving off a kinda creepy vibe with the lighting...

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

I am not a huge LotR fan - this is partially attributed to an incident involving The Hobbit, my fourth-grade teacher, and a beanbag. However, I eagerly await the finalized sets.I'm expecting good things from the line.

I'm eagerly awaiting an explanation.

Haha that's a pity. And it's ironic. Maybe if he MOCs something else, like Machinarium...When I read about this, my jaw dropped, then I laughed. Awesome. Totally, complete awesomeness. YES! I just hope they make the sets good, and choose the best scenes. Maybe I'll celebrate by reading the books or watching the movies...after I do my schoolwork, of course :D=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

I haven't seen this yet so I thought I'd post it.Brickset has posted this set list, it isn't official, and has not been confirmed by Lego, but it's looking like this is what we're gonna be getting.9469 Gandalf Arrives9470 Shelob Attacks9471 Uruk-hai Army9472 Attack On Weathertop9473 Mines Of Moria9474 The Battle Of Helms DeepI, for one, cannot wait for this new line, and plan to buy each and every set. This set list only increases my excitement!10101010 BC 010101010