Infernal Lord - via World of Warcraft

Ptah

Howdy, 

I wanted to share a fun build I made. WoW's latest expansion, Legion, came out and its plastered everywhere, buses, billboards, and my Facebook feed.  Drawing inspiration from that and using parts from my Storm Beast, Skull Scorpio and some Creature heads, I came up with this: an Infernal Lord. 

I think I'll keep it for a while. I hated the Skull Scorpio and an Infernal is more of what I thought we'd be getting with the Skull warriors, skeletons powered by dark magic. 

Enjoy,

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141514055@N03/albums/72157673899595276

Here's a screencap of an actual Infernal for comparison. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141514055@N03/29640153452/in/album-72157673899595276/

Suggestions and comments are always welcomed. 

• Upvote 1

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

Not a bad likeness-it's probably as close as you could come with Lego pieces. Warcraft does have a lovely style, though a number of its female character designs are disappointingly sensual. Lovely MOC.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

@Wiriamu: Thanks for the good vibes. I remember the Warcraft mega bloks sets during Cataclysm, but prefer working in Lego/Technic pieces. 

@The Invisible Noob: Thanks for the encouragement. I hadn't thought of going bigger.  Maybe in a 2.0 version. It looks good matched up against the minifig wizards and my daughter's minidolls from Elves. I'll see about adding a picture later this week see how it looks. 

qs3174.jpg

0_0 SOMEONE GET KING VARIAN FROM THE GAME NO-oh, wait, Gul'dan killed him, demon-spawn little eyesore...well, rip.

With the levity out of the way...HOLY SNAP THIS IS A GOOD BUILD! , MAN, HOW DID YOU PULL THE LOOK OFF SO WELL?! I only have one gripe: the head. Its not lower than the shoulders...perhaps make this a masterbuild titan? Just saying. Besides my one gripe, I like it! Now I wanna go on my demon hunter and go hunting for a Gul'dan raid boss so I can get personal revenge...you do NOT kill my favorite WoW character and live! I wanna kill that diminutive little orc and then feast on his corpse after some meta t-bagging...

Edited by ToaDraconixMahvi

Thank you ToaDraconixMahvi. 

It was fun to build. I just got a Pohatu Uniter set so I might be able to raise the head a little more.  I want to keep the trans-yellow pieces to hold on to the illusion of felfire. 

Sadly, I won't be returning to WoW anytime soon.  Maybe I'll get back to Warcraft by Christmas.  I hope all the fun hasn't been squeezed out by then. Arcane blase Gul'dan in the face for me. 

qs3174.jpg

I would recommend placing an Elemental Beast Jaw piece behind the head, and raising the shoulders up a little bit at the same time, in order to get it closer to the original, along with switching a lot of the silver pieces out with darker ones, like Gunmetal or Black.

Otherwise, this looks really good!

Edit: Maybe also switch out the silver Skull Spider mask with either a mask from Umarak the Hunter, or the version of Onua's mask that was released with Quake Beast. In short, something Black and Green, yet shorter.

Edited by frozenLake
  • Upvote 1