Where Would You Live In The Bionicle Universe?

Pohaturon

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now I'm pretty sure this topic reared its head in these forums, possibly even several times, but the search function didn't toss anything out and I'm also pretty sure all of those threads are beyond the necro threshold. 

So this is pretty simple: where in the Bionicle universe(s) would you live? I included G2's Okoto as well. While it wouldn't be my personal choice, I do see it being a possible selection for some fans. It is similar to Mata-Nui, true, however Okotoan architecture is pretty unique when compared to things in G1 so I see reason for it to be a legitimate choice. 

There are several more named islands in the GSR, however the poll only allows for 17 options. 

Feel free to write up why you chose what you chose, since this is supposed to be a discussion after all.

For me, Metru Nui is the obvious choice. I've said as much on two occasions in two separate topics recently, as Metru Nui always fascinated me. The idea of a massive, technologically advanced city which is rooted in natural elements regardless (Po-Metru is a literal desert in spite of being part of a metropolis, Ga-Metru is beautiful with its lakes and lagunas) has always captivated my imagination. It was my favorite setting across all of G1 as well, precisely because of all the potential it had. That said, I was a tad disappointed when some years later, after reading up on official lore, that it is actually pretty small and only has about a thousand Matoran living in it (canonically, though others have mentioned how in LoMN, more are shown). In my headcanon, Metru-Nui will always remain the inconceivably massive sprawling sci-fi metropolis with countless millions of Matoran working, living, playing and resting among its skyscrapers.

So which location would be your preferred home in the Bionicle universe?

:kakama:

Edited by Pohaturon
  • Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I'm old school, so I voted Mata Nui.

I think I'd most likely be comfortable in either Ga-Koro or Onu-Koro, or maybe Ko-Koro to a slightly lesser extent.

I wouldn't even mind setting up my own little hut on Ta-Wahi Beach!  I just don't think I could live inside a volcano, so Ta-Koro's out.

• Upvote 1

Definitely Metru Nui. Loved the tech and city look. Mata Nui was pretty dangerous 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

What about Spherus Magna?

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible.

Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all. -Tahu-

Oh, I'd live on Mata Nui, no questions asked. I love natural scapes, dense forests, overall variety and land that is begging to be explored. I've always loved nature and I'd love to be where it seems to be the most dense in the Bionicle universe. More specifically, I'd like to live in Le-Koro because I love forest/jungle type environments and I'd be able to live up high in the trees.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

• 1 month later...

The communist life is where it's at, haha.

Welp that rules Metru Nui out then. I'm the biggest anti-communist I've ever met :P

For me, probably Mata Nui, since I live in the South, nature is my thing. I'd love to wander like Takua, or live in the Ta-Wahi beach.

Heck, maybe even Metru Nui minus communism. I'd love to live in Le-Metru, just to see the Test Tracks and Moto Hub, and vacation at the Ga-Metru temples.

• Upvote 1

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

• 4 weeks later...

I may be out of the norm here. There would be three different places I would wanna try to live in. If Metru Nui, Ta-Metru, working in the furnaces of the crafter's forge,living a industrious life. Or live on a giant lilypad, in a seaweed hut, in the shores of Ga-Koro under the waterfalls of Gali's mask on Mata Nui's island. Most of all, the most interesting place I would like to live in, is on the restored Spherus Magna, in a oasis smack dab in the middle of the final battle grounds between Makuta and Mata Nui. Imagine the desert sands being littered with the armors, weapons, and fallen who were left in that desert after that war, and having a oasis to live off of. You could survive off the land, and sell the wreckage to collectors and dealers, labeling them as artifacts. Even better if that oasis is within driving distance of a major settlement, like a village or a city that was built during peace time, where Agori and Matoran reside with each other, under the guidance of a council of Turaga.

Well, those would be my kinds of places....

Dang it's pretty close between Metru-Nui and Mata-Nui for me, but I think I would more so enjoy living in either Ga-Koro or Le-Koro. I would say Metru-Nui, but with all the things that happens to the people that live there like the war, the latter oppressive government, and the visorak, I think I'll pass.

The communist life is where it's at, haha.

Welp that rules Metru Nui out then. I'm the biggest anti-communist I've ever met :P

For me, probably Mata Nui, since I live in the South, nature is my thing. I'd love to wander like Takua, or live in the Ta-Wahi beach.

Heck, maybe even Metru Nui minus communism. I'd love to live in Le-Metru, just to see the Test Tracks and Moto Hub, and vacation at the Ga-Metru temples.

Or what he said.

Edited by Azon

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

I chose Mata Nui. There's something about the idea of a tropical island that appeals to me. so peaceful... *gets eaten by a Muaka*

Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!