The LEGO Batman Movie and Knight Rider Bust into LEGO Dimensions

Hapori Tohu

Today Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is announcing the two latest IPs making their way to LEGO Dimensions. Early next year you can expect to see packs based on the upcoming LEGO Batman Movie and, continuing to license every 80s property ever, Knight Rider. We've got the full press release with all the awesome details, so make sure to check it out, then mark your calendars for February 10, 2017. Will you be adding these characters to your LEGO Dimensions collection?

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Cool that we will get an Excaliber Batman (this is the second time I hear something being based on King Arthur mythology in 2017. The first is an upcoming Transformers movie). Never see that coming. I'm excited for The Lego Batman Movie packs!:D

By the way, has anyone noticed the decreasing number of packs in every wave in every year? In Year 1, we have over 40 packs in 5 waves. Now in Year 2, we have 4 waves with much less packs than Year 1. Is Lego Dimensions not selling well? (I hope it does, because I still want Year 3 with Marvel, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Angry Birds, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, DreamWorks Animation's Madagascar movies 2005-2014, Bionicle's possible constraction replacement, Nexo Knights, Ice Age movies 2002-2016, How to Train your Dragon movies, Steven Universe, Hotel Transylvania, Rio movies 2011-2014, and perhaps Kingdom Hearts.:( ) Weird, huh?

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I'm not surprised that a Lego Batman movie pack is being released for its film. Though I could've sworn that Knight Rider already had a pack for the game. I guess I thought I saw its name in the last pack reveal. :P

By the way, has anyone noticed the decreasing number of packs in every wave in every year? In Year 1, we have over 40 packs in 5 waves. Now in Year 2, we have 4 waves with much less packs than Year 1. Is Lego Dimensions not selling well? (I hope it does, because I still want Year 3 with Marvel, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Angry Birds, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, DreamWorks Animation's Madagascar movies 2005-2014, Bionicle's possible constraction replacement, Nexo Knights, Ice Age movies 2002-2016, How to Train your Dragon movies, Steven Universe, Hotel Transylvania, Rio movies 2011-2014, and perhaps Kingdom Hearts. :( ) Weird, huh?

I imagine Lego Dimensions is selling well enough if packs are still being released for it. I guess that Lego only has a certain number of IPs that they can make into packs for the game, so they might be just spacing them out so that interest in the game can last longer. That is just my theory on this though. 

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm not surprised that a Lego Batman movie pack is being released for its film. Though I could've sworn that Knight Rider already had a pack for the game. I guess I thought I saw its name in the last pack reveal. :P

Knight Rider and The LEGO Batman Movie were both mentioned in the press release for LEGO Dimensions year two, but this is the first time we've gotten pictures and details about the actual packs. This story didn't include the pictures, but you can see them on Brickset here. Unfortunately there are no pics of the alternate builds yet, even though they're mentioned in the press release.

Anyway, Excalibur Batman looks cool, as does his Bionic Steed mini-build. And putting Robin and Batgirl in the LEGO Batman Movie story pack makes sense since people who play the Story Pack presumably already have a Batman from the Starter Pack. It's interesting that this is the first Story Pack to have two characters and a mini-build instead of just one character and one mini-build. The Story Pack portal is cool but doesn't seem to have quite as much substance (nor nearly as many bricks) as the portals from the Starter Pack or the Fantastic Beasts and Ghostbusters 2016 Story Packs.

KITT is… KITT. Very authentic looking but not too elaborate or surprising. Having a David Hasselhoff minifigure is cool, though.

Still waiting to hear more about the LEGO City Undercover expansions…