I just finished downloading (or redownloading, I guess, thanks to their method) the ten free Game Boy Advance games for 3DS Ambassadors (people who purchased the 3DS before the price drop). Trying Kirby and the Amazing Mirror first...Anyways, these ten were in addition to ten free Nintendo Entertainment System games earlier this year. We made have thrown away $70-$80 bucks by buying it early, but we got it back in games. The list:NES:-The Legend of Zelda-Zelda II: The Adventure of Link-Super Mario Bros.-Metroid-Yoshi (a puzzle-ish game)-NES Tournament Golf-Balloon Fight-Donkey Kong Jr.-Wrecking Crew-Ice ClimbersOkay, maybe those didn't make up for it, as some are fun, but some...aren't. BUT:GBA:-Kirby and the Amazing Mirror-Mario Kart: Super Circuit-Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap-F-Zero Maximum Velocity-Wario Land 4-Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3-Metroid Fusion (10/10 from GameInformer, supposedly best Metroid!)-WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$-Mario vs. Donkey Kong-Fire Emblem: The Sacred StonesSo buying it pre-price drop payed off after all...And for actual 3DS games, I currently own only Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition and OoT3D. But Mario Kart 7 looks amazing, so I'll pick that up sometime soon. Star Fox 64, I'll stick with N64 for now. Super Mario 3D Land I'll get at some point, and I'm looking forward to Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil: Revelations, and Luigi's Mansion 2.Also any news about a Pokemon game would be appreciated...

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

The GBA games are amazing, I must say.Though, just to mention, MKSC really shows it's age, after having mastered MKDS. xD Warioware's addictive though. ._.'Too bad my topic died. =P Hope this gets the official treatment this time...Also, anyone here have Tetris Axis and wish to battle?

Had mine since the end of September. So far, I have Super Mario 3D Land, which I'm really horrible at, and Mario Kart 7, which I love. The only thing bad I'd say about MK7 is that they took away single player vs. mode, which is what I did about 95% of the time I played any single player mode, and didn't add back Dry Bones and R.O.B., which were my most used characters.

button.png

Single player vs. Mode? Is that the stuff with battling and such? Huh. Wonder why they went and did that? Luckily they added an online battling mode from what I heard, then. Wish I had Mario Kart 7. xD

I have had a Flame Red 3DS since September 9th when the red one came out. I have gotten Super Mario 3D Land, OoT 3D, Link's awakening, Xevious 3D Classics, Four Swords Anniversarry edition, and Super Mario Land 2. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the systems features, and it is amazing.~PowerMiner~

I cannot for the life of me complete a race in F Zero. I don't know why. xD I just keep crashing into the walls. maybe it's the breakneck speed. =PAnd while you might be able to get the actual games for cheap, that requires a system capable of playing it too... Though, I for one have two systems capable of playing GBA games, in the form of my original DS and GBA SP. =P

I'd guess so, but I haven't actually attempted to find one.I do know that stuff like Gamestop or so has been out of it for a while(It's been hard enough trying to find the Megaman GBA games. =P), but that's mostly dependant on if anyone traded one in, so...But really, if you got an NES, all ten games, a GBA, and all ten of those games, it would cost a lot.(And even if you just used your Wii to get the ten NES games, that's 50 dollars right there.) Barring any you already have, of course. =P

This is a little off-topic, but I wonder how repeated sessions of glasseslessly (which isn't a real word) manipulate a 3D icon for several hours at a time affects your brain...

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Oh, M'i srue ti deosn't od s thnig.... =P Joking aside, I don't think it does much, aside from tricking your brain. Maybe it has a little more strain, but one would think that would apply to any 3D thing.

Well, I love my 3DS.Especially the new video feature.I just keep on making stop motion movies...Man I wish I got Ambassador.I miss my Metroid Fusion ;-;Unfortunately, got no games for it, so hopefullly I'll get MK7 or SM3D for christmas...And, of course I got my 3DS the day the price dropped.Sigh.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Being an ambassador is nice. The GBA games are pretty fun, but I feel the more home console/originally for home console (OoT3D) Zelda games I've played, the less I appreciate the old-school top down. It gets me too used to the luxuries of 3D, though 2D gaming is still great (Brawl, SMB, DKC...)Oh, and who is exicted about Smash Bros. 4 for WiiU AND 3DS?

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

MKSC is definitely not the best game they could have offered. I mean, you're going from the awesome and MK trend setting MKDS, to an older version that doesn't handle nearly as well... Obviously it's not going to be as good as you remember. =PIt's funny though, because I was actually looking forward to it being an ambassador game. =(As for the Smash Bros game, it could still support four players. I mean, there are many DS games that support up to four players(Spirit Tracks' multiplayer to name one off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are others.) And if they bring in actually decent Wi-fi Multiplayer, then things might actually work even better.Also, that was weird. 0_o I just got a prompt for a new system update... There's no new system update. it says that it's needed for the new software to be downloaded, I update thinking Swapnote's gonna be added... it's not there. 0_o Checking the e-Shop now, but that was weird. xD/EDIT: Nope, no Swapnote in the eShop yet. 0_o Really, really weird.

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

Or, if you could somehow play between the two. That would be kinda cool, but I dunno if it'd be possible. Either way, we'll need to wait 'til March at least to hear any word on any development. Since they're not starting it 'til KI: Uprising is released.As for how they'd handle the screen, they could probably show less of the character at a moment.(Think how Brawl gets when it's zoomed out a lot.) Basically, scale the stages to the screen size, and zoom in as a character gets closer. If the 3DS can handle a Wii game port with some expanded stuff, it can handle character scaling. =P

Also, that was weird. 0_o I just got a prompt for a new system update... There's no new system update. it says that it's needed for the new software to be downloaded, I update thinking Swapnote's gonna be added... it's not there. 0_o Checking the e-Shop now, but that was weird. xD

Yeah, same thing happened to me too, except I had no idea what it meant with the software and didn't go looking for anything.Anyway, the main point to SSB3DS is that you don't have to buy a WiiU, which probably costs a lot more than the 3DS.And I suppose it could be in first person; the WiiU controllers have screens, so they can do that too. Maybe there'll be a traditional view on the TV.

button.png

From what I read about Smash Bros, is that they plan to have connectivity from the 3DS to the Wii U. 3DS version will be more focused on single player while the Wii U will focus on multiplayer. From what I read you'll be able to bring your character from the 3DS version and use them in the Wii U version.Granted, none of this is confirmed. Anyway, personally, at this point it really isn't worth it to speculate seeing as we are years away from a release.

I pretty much got the Ambassador games for free more than everyone else, 'cause I traded in my DSi and used a couple of vouchers.Overall, I only spent £125. (If you're wondering, that's... 1/6 less than the current price)And we still haven't seen Flipnote 3DS. What happened to it? Where'd it go? :(

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Flipnote 3DS has been confirmed as Flipnote Memo, but, well, Someone's goofed and must think it's still summer. Because it was supposed to be out by the end of summer. =P(Though... Technically they never said which summer. >>')Also; good news for Canadians! The eShop prepaid card is finally out in Canada! =D

Actually, it said it would be released June 7th. THEN they said Summer.Funnily enough, ONM (Official Nintendo Magazine) didn't even mention it in their section on games that disappeared on their way to release this year.I think Nintendo's trying to keep quiet about it, in the hopes that we'll forget.Like Karz we will.And I don't like the name 'Flipnote Memo'. I call it Flipnote 3DS, 'cause that's what it is. :lookhere:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Was it really something they said? I thought that was just one of the many random dates that Wikipedia had thought up that kept going by without release. =PWe'll find out eventually, though. Especially now that the ambassador games and Swapnote have been released. I'm sure Flipnote Memo will be brought back to the discussion table, and will cause a lot of hype. =P(But, I want to know when North America's getting the NES game updates. Not need, obviously, but it would be nice. Especially for Super Mario Bros. =P)

So far it is pretty fun, the switching of platforms is similar to Mighty Flip Champs. Only with this game you can jump and shoot, which is useful to capture the bad guys, or in this case girls. The puzzle element is rather enjoyable as is the 3D effect.I'd suggest checking out the videos on the e-Shop. Once I get farther I might to a bit of a review of it. So far it is pretty fun and really high quality. I'd say Wayforward has another hit.

Me? Well, aside from obviously getting Link's Awakening the other day, I got Mario Kart 7, as those who were on last night know. =P Very good game, but I'm definitely going to have to get used to it. xD My record online is currently 8 wins to 19 losses; go figure. :rolleyes: