Creep from the Deep

Taka Nuvia

Finally my digital sketches are beginning to look like something useful/nice. So here's a creature from the deep dark waters; I was sort of inspired by the Barraki when drawing this. :)

creepfromthedeep_th.jpg

(click the thumbnail or follow this link to view the whole pic)

After all, Gen1 has always had intriguing concepts and designs, and has definitely influenced my art a lot.

• Upvote 7

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Okay I have to ask, do you draw digitally, or with Pensil and Paper? If done digitally, what program(s) do you use?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Okay I have to ask, do you draw digitally, or with Pensil and Paper? If done digitally, what program(s) do you use?

Although I normally draw with traditional media (aka pen/pencil and paper ^^) this specific drawing was done digitally, using Gimp 2.8 and one of the built-in brushes (I think it was Chalk 01?) on my tablet (just love the pressure sensitivity of the pen :3).

Although I normally draw with traditional media (aka pen/pencil and paper ^^) this specific drawing was done digitally, using Gimp 2.8 and one of the built-in brushes (I think it was Chalk 01?) on my tablet (just love the pressure sensitivity of the pen :3).

What Tablet do you use?

pure_muscle.png

What Tablet do you use?

A Surface Pro 2. :) (I think it comes with a Wacom Pen)
Huh, so you use one of them new fangled windows camputors.

I myself use what I have. Considering that I don't like to ask for much anymore, I just use my iPad, and our families iMac. I use a mouse though on the Desktop, and my finger on the iPad. I do of course also draw with Pencil and Paper, thpugh not very much given that the Ipad is so much easier, though I wish the App I used (SketchbookExpress) allowed to work with whatever resolution of page ypu wanted, also with it didn't have antialiasing (i.e .jpg). That is really the only issue, and major hinderance, though if I sketch something up on the app, email it to myself, then redraw it on the desktop. But that is a lot of work, and takes up a lot of time and energy.

Unnecessary Banter
And if you're wondering why we don't have use a Wondows Computer, it's because m family is stingy and don't undertand or care to understand how to work a Windows Computor. I myself so know how to use them, but my issue is my intense fear of viruses and malware that keep me from using them. Also I don't particularly like Microsoft.

Anyway, that answers my question, thank you.

pure_muscle.png

And if you're wondering why we don't have use a Windows Computer, it's because m family is stingy and don't understand or care to understand how to work a Windows Computer. I myself so know how to use them, but my issue is my intense fear of viruses and malware that keep me from using them. Also I don't particularly like Microsoft.

Get a custom rig. Best way to ensure you have everything you want. Talk to IcarusBen; he's good at that stuff.

Anyway, this art is spiffy! I could imagine an entire race of these creatures, undiscovered, lurking around and waiting to attack the surface. Nice job; keep it up!

This is begging to be MOC'ed.  Someone should get on it right away.

You did a great job with this piece of art.  It's very Barraki-esque; I can see that inspiration here.  Great job!

• 3 weeks later...

And if you're wondering why we don't have use a Windows Computer, it's because m family is stingy and don't understand or care to understand how to work a Windows Computer. I myself so know how to use them, but my issue is my intense fear of viruses and malware that keep me from using them. Also I don't particularly like Microsoft.

Get a custom rig. Best way to ensure you have everything you want. Talk to IcarusBen; he's good at that stuff.

Anyway, this art is spiffy! I could imagine an entire race of these creatures, undiscovered, lurking around and waiting to attack the surface. Nice job; keep it up!

Then I succeeded with the drawing. :) Glad you like it! ^^

This is begging to be MOC'ed.  Someone should get on it right away.

You did a great job with this piece of art.  It's very Barraki-esque; I can see that inspiration here.  Great job!

But I fear that would require some custom pieces...? After all, I only loosely stick to set-like things...

Thanks!

Very cool! Even if it's made digitally, it does look like made with chalk on a gray paper. The shading is awesome, as always. Good job! ^_^

He (she?) reminds me of Nokama from the movie somehow, maybe before being mutated he (she?) wore a Rau. I seriously wish someone is inspired and decides to MOC this.

Yay, thank you! :) Yeah, it seems that digital art only clicks with me when mimicking traditional media. Ah well. xD

Now that oyu pointed it out, I am sort of seeing it, too. o.o

• Upvote 2

Hey Taka Nuvia! It's great to see you still doing art!

I really like this--keeping the composition partial to the overall body makes it looks like it's coming out from the darkness. The line weight is excellent and keeping everything greyscale helps with the eeriness. It has a nice custom look while still retaining a vision of Bionicle.

Keep it up! We have to catch up sometime. (:

Edited by Lady Kopaka
  • Upvote 2