The Spherus Magna Solar System?

So it recently just occurred to me that Spherus Magna being a planet means it could be not the only planet in its solar system. It DOES have a sun, as I believe we've seen on Bara Magna, so I say there's a possibility that there are more planets or structures nearby, because really all we want is Bionicle in space, and SCIENCE.

Also in The Kingdom story Nuparu is running an experiment to "get them to the stars" but realistically they wouldn't be very proficient in creating a craft to take them to other star systems given how much time and little experience they likely have in building space craft (and the Turaga's wording makes it sound like this is an experiment, not something they've been working with and perfecting for a very long time). So I imagine their craft would aim to get them to Bara-Magna, or perhaps some other, less desolate world in their system. (Kinda makes you wonder though what Velika was doing that whole time. The insight of a Great Being would've been truly useful)

So I just wanted to hear what you think about there being other planets to explore. What would they be like? Do you think they exist? Could Matoran kind ever find a way to visit them? Also, let's take the liberty of naming their star. I think Solus Magna or Sola Magna sounds pretty alright.

There are, in fact, other planets in the Solis Magna system. Certain story materials do show the GSR visiting other planets, and Greg has confirmed that it never left the star system.

As for space travel? That's difficult to say. The Matoran Universe inhabitants were relatively technologically advanced, but knew that they were confined to the domes that housed their islands, so they would not invest time and resources into a fruitless effort. On the other hand, the Bara Magna inhabitants had precious few resources to work with, and the Bota Magna inhabitants were mostly savages from what we've heard.

Now that the three planets have become one, and the cultures merged under the starry skies of Solis Magna, it may be possible that they could engineer space travel within a few hundred years. After all, the GSR itself is a space-faring vessel, and the Great Beings' knowledge is not lost to the ages.

• Upvote 1

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

and Greg has confirmed that it never left the star system.

Wait, what? Wasn't the whole point of the GSR to travel the distant stars of the universe for a thousand years, collecting data from myriad worlds and cultures while it's camo system hid it from local sentient being in order to calculate a way to reunite Spherus Magna?

I mean, unless the Solis Magna system has several hundred planets in its goldilocks zone, why would the GSR spend 1000 years collecting data? Did it spend, what, 500 per planet or something?

I find this very strange.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Maybe they WERE trying to work on spaceflight but Velika kept sabotaging their efforts.  After all, from what I remember the Toa and Matoran were never supposed to leave the GSR, much less start exploring other worlds.  Also you wouldn't want somebody crashing a rocket on the inside of the robot.

Also I wonder if NickonAquaMagna is gonna chime in here, since this sounds like something in the realm of Nova Orbis.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Considering their powers and advanced technologies, it is not impossible. I see it coming together a bit like how innovation works in the world of Avatar, where submarines were powered by water-benders. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell