Ahkmou's Return

Legodudelol

This will be a story series that takes place roughly one thousand years after the original line ended, by this time a new great war has occurred and wiped out the Agori, as compensation the Turaga decided to assimilate their culture and have forbidden the few survivors from telling the newly made Matoran the past and have abandoned the old Matoran language and religion. This story is following the adventures of Ahkmou and some acquaintances of his. Here's the link to the Discussion Board http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/23527-ahkmous-return-discussion-board/ Please give criticism, so far I've only gotten some from family that I've made read this.

Edited by Legodude's chat room

My Epic: Ahkmou's Return and My story collection: Takanuva's Travels are my stories so far, look 'em up.

Chapter 1 :Awakening

Ahkmou was carving in the desert like he always did, being one of the last survivors of the second great war, he knew so much more than these newer matoran and wished he could tell them what really happened before the reformation of Spherus Magna. Now he was hated by most societies and despised by all turaga. "Who could blame them" Ahkmou thought, "If I where them Id'e hate me too." The only friend Ahkmou had was one of the newer, ignorant models named Kana. Kana was a Po-matoran with brown and yellow armor, and being one of the newer models, was more organic than Ahkmou. "I just wish I could tell him what really happened, then again, he could end up hating me more than the turaga." Ahkmou commonly said to himself when no one was around, but he enjoyed the solitude the desert offered. It gave him time to make more carvings and to think about his past misdeeds. Even though he was forbidden to tell his friend about the past, he would commonly "accidentally" slip some things about the past to his friend and then leave it at that.

One day, a Bo-matoran came through his doorway and collapsed. Afraid that he would be blamed for whatever happened to the matoran, he brought the newcomer to his bed and Ahkmou noticed that there was a huge gash from his left shoulder to his right thigh. As Ahkmou was doing what he could to help the poor gardener, he was trying to think of what he knew of that could cause such an injury and allow it's victim to escape, to no avail. After he had successfully bandaged up the Bo-matoran Kana came through the doorway. Ahkmou knew that he could do nothing more for the passed out Bo-matoran, so Ahkmou said "Kana, I need your truck to get this matoran to Bo-Koro." Kana could see the urgency in Ahkmou's eyes and didn't even bother to ask what happened to the traveler.

So, during the drive in Kana's half-track the Bo-Matoran awoke and started rambling so fast that even Ahkmou couldn't tell what he was saying, but kept on saying something about the whole planet being in jeopardy. As they approached Bo-Wahi the matoran started to talk more understandably and Ahkmou noticed that the matoran spoke with the accent of someone that spoke old matoran. So Ahkmou tried to speak to him in the long lost language and noticed that he spoke it fluently. Ahkmou, being confused because this was a newer matoran, asked how he knew old matoran, to no answer. But after further questioning, the stranger revealed that his name is Boto and that the whole planet is in danger. Kana was even more lost than Ahkmou was, due to him not being able to speak old matoran. So when Ahkmou didn't recognize Boto's mask he asked in old matoran"So,what is your mask?" Boto said "I where the kanohi Olisi or the mask of alternate futures. But we have no time for small talk!" he said as he tried to sit up, but couldn't. Ahkmou said "So what is going on anyways?" Boto responded "Long story short, the world is literally falling apart" "So do you need to talk to a Turaga?"  Boto, simply running low on energy shook his head no. "Why not?" asked Ahkmou, to which Boto simply said "Because they are the ones destroying it."

Read and discus.

My Epic: Ahkmou's Return and My story collection: Takanuva's Travels are my stories so far, look 'em up.

Sorry this is my first time

I didn't know the difference.

Do you know how I can move it to that?

Try reporting your post and write in it "I need to move this to the Library Forum, Epics thread." You'll then have to wait for the moderators to do it for you.

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Moving to Epics.  Don't forget to make another thread where people can discuss without gumming up the story topic! (Like what's happening right now...)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Chapter 2: What?

Ahkmou at once said "What, what do you mean?" All Boto could do in response was say "You of all matoran should know that the turaga aren't as pure as they claim" At once, Ahkmou had a,well, general idea of what the gardener was talking about, and the plant-man was right, he did know the turaga aren't the eternally just and ancient beings they claimed they where, especially turaga Hafu. "I do know full well the turaga aren't what they claim they are, I know from experience." Ahkmou said as he remembered when all of the turaga where just matoran. Kana, not beliveing that the turaga could be impure asked "So how where you injured, Boto?" Boto immediately said "The turaga did this to me." Ahkmou knew the turaga weren't pure, but he never thought they would do that to one of their subjects."I was starting to bring a message to the turaga of Ta-koro and overheard him talking about tearing the planet apart. Doing my duty, I came in and delivered the message to him. After which, he asked me if I had overheard him talking to someone, and due to him wearing a Kanohi Rode, I said yes. After he asked me what I had heard and told him, he and the other three turaga attacked me." Boto said, retelling his tale. To which Ahkmou asked "Then how did you escape?" Boto continued his tale and said "This is gonna sound weird but as the turaga where ganging up on me, two of them started to float and then they appeared to be slammed together. While that was happening, Turaga Kongu, MY OWN TURAGA, sliced me with his bladed staff, just before being picked up with turaga Jaller and slammed together in the same way the now unconscious turaga where. After the turaga where all out cold, a booming voice said 'Go, seek out  Ahkmou, he will help you.' and so I did."

After the tired matoran finished his tale in old matoran, Ahkmou translated it for Kana, whom stoped the truck and said "So, in other words, either this matoran's delusional or we have a serious problem on our hands." after a few minutes of thinking what to do with the Bo-matoran, Ahkmou noticed that there where a set of tracks that where next to the vehicle's and ended next to where they currently where. Startled, Ahkmou immediately whispered "We are not alone." "What are you talking about Ahkmou?" asked Kana, whom looked back towards Ahkmou and noticed the tracks as well. "Start the truck, NOW!" Ahkmou ordered. Kana didn't even hesitate, but after he started to move the truck, something held it back, no matter how much he put the petal to the mettle, the truck didn't move. Then all of a sudden, a booming voice said "STOP!" To which the astounded Po-matoran did exactly as he was told. "I am not here to hurt any of you, so calm down!" Which didn't help the matoran calm down at all. So, the invisible force picked up the truck by the back end and slammed it down just enough to break the truck. Then the voice said "I am Jerbraz, I am the one that saved Boto." To which the matoran all stoped panicking. Then Jerbraz whispered something and a portal opened up in front of them. "Did you do that?" asked Ahkmou. "No I called a friend, now, step through it" "Why should we trust you?" asked Kana. To which everyone heard a shing sound and the truck was cut in half, luckily the matoran had already gotten off the truck. Needless to say, they got the hint and went through.

Once through, the  matoran where in a stone room easily a tenth-cubic-kio large. Inside, there where many different species, even some that not even Ahkmou recognized. Then a warrior in silver and red armor came up to them "Please, give me the Bo-matoran, I am here to heal him." So the matoran gave Boto over to the being, who carried him like he was weightless and took him into another room. Then a pleasant voice said "Come little matoran, we have much to discuss." then the matoran saw a figure on a thrown on the other side of the room, as they got closer they realized the figure was a toa of water. When even closer,they noticed that her armor was scared and pitted from countless battles and that next to her thrown where a shield and a mace. The pleasant-demeanored toa then said "Welcome to New Daxia, matoran."

Read and discus

Chapter 3: Conscription

The two Po-matoran where stunned by the ancient Toa of water's apparent stature, the leader of a secret organization. The pleasant-sounding toa spoke again "I am Helryx, the first toa and the leader of The Order of Mata Nui." Her words echoed through out the chamber. "I brought you to New Daxia for a mission, Ahkmou." The puzzled Po-matoran looked at each other as the Toa of water continued. "The assignment you have been given is simple, find the Glatorian named Gresh, we lost contact with him a few months ago and are starting to get worried." Ahkmou was even more startled by this news "Why me? Why not Jerbraz or some other member?" Asked Ahkmou, to which Helryx said "Because you will be easily over looked by the matoran and turaga and we need someone that's inconspicuous to do this mission, due to an agent having to go through highly populated areas." Again the matoran asked "OK, but why me?" "Because you know more than the newer matoran do about the past and you're more durable than the newer matoran, we used to have 2 matoran members, but one was killed during an espionage mission during the great war." Helryx replied. "OK" continued Ahkmou "but I thought all of the Glatorian where killed during the great war, how did this 'Gresh' guy survive?" the red and silver being answered "He was one of my top double-agents during the war." The Po-matoran looked back and saw that he had managed to sneak up behind them. "This is Axonn, my top agent" Said Helryx "He will be training you."

As the two Po-matoran followed Axonn to the training room, they passed a confused-looking Boto "Why does he look so confused, Axonn?" "We had to erase his memory after getting the information that we needed, don't worry he will be fine, we have done this to him before." Both of the Po-matoran where shocked, they couldn't believe they would do that to one of their own agents. "Why would you do that?" asked Kana. "It ensures that he can't reveal anything if he's caught." That instantly worried the Po-matoran "Will you do that to us?" Kana asked. "Maybe just you, the method doesn't work on older matoran like your friend." that only worried Kana even more. Once they where in the training room, they saw all sorts of targets and fighting areas, Kana, being blissfully ignorant as always, couldn't wait to get started. But Ahkmou was worried, he had already seen combat and did not like it. "Before we start your training, you should probably know that you will be tested at every turn, both physically and mentally, first we will get you physically prepared." Then Axonn riped off both of the matoran's masks. "What are you doing!" asked Ahkmou "Your first test, is to find your masks." Axonn said while the masks disappeared from his huge hands.  "Where did our masks go?" "They are somewhere in the room, you have to find them before you become comatose, good luck." Explained Axonn as he left the big, white room.

Read and discuss.

Chapter 4: Training

Ahkmou and Kana where looking at their current situation. They where mask-less and felt their energy draining from them, being an older model Ahkmou had the least amount of time 'till he became comatose. Kana couldn't help but think that Ahkmou's face was very strange looking, probably because the old matoran where more robotic than him. As the two matoran where looking around the room, they saw a weapons training area, a target practice area, a hand-to-hand combat mini-arena, a huge column in the center of the room, and three doors, one that opened up to a hall that leads to the main chamber, one that was at the base of the tower, and one that Axonn said lead to the armory.

Axonn was watching the matoran from the top of the tower with Helryx. "I hope you know what you're doing Axonn, those matoran can't do much on their own without a mask." "Well, this test is to help me determine how unified they are and to test their willpower." "I see." The two spoke to each other. Down below, the matoran finally spotted a mask, it was brown and silver, so that meant it must be Ahkmou's Kanohi Rau. There was one problem, it was on the edge on top of the tower. "How are we going to get up there?" asked Kana to no one in particular. "We should try the door for starters." stated Ahkmou, sounding a little annoyed. "Oh, right, good idea." said Kana foggily. When he went to the door it opened automatically, which surprised the newer Po-matoran, he had never seen a self-opening door before. "It detects movement." Stated an obviously tired Ahkmou, Kana had never known how bad an older model needed a mask.

Once in the tower they saw moving platforms, they where white and rectangular and had no visible means of support. The platforms could only move front-and-back, left-and-right, or up-and-down. The matoran knew that timing would be difficult due to their lack of mask, Kana was doing much better at this point than Ahkmou, but was still not even at 70%. "I will go and get your mask Ahkmou, keep searching for mine while I do this, ok?" seeing the wisdom in his friend's words and not feeling well enough to get his mask himself, a weary Ahkmou agreed and headed into the training room again.

Once Ahkmou was outside, Kana started the long journey to the top of the tower, he was jumping and ducking the whole time for two-and-a-half minutes. "Very impressive," thought Axonn "not even a toa of old could do it in that amount of time." Kana was at about ten percent and was only barley able to get to Ahkmou's mask, now his only thought was "How am I gonna get this back down?"

Back at the base of the tower, while Kana was getting Ahkmou's mask, he spotted Kana's. The yellow kanohi Kakama was on top of the target arena this whole time, but there was a problem, it was in a target. Ahkmou was never very good with ranged weaponry. "This is going to be a challenge, heck, even with my mask it would be a challenge." Thought Ahkmou, but he was so out of sorts that he thought he may have thought out loud, but that didn't matter right now, After what felt like a long trek across the room, he made it to a station that already had a weapon, it was unlike any he had ever seen, it looked nothing like the thornax launchers the Glatorian used, the disk launchers the matoran used, or even like one of the more recent guns the Fe-matoran had recently made, this was something else, something completely different. The weapon was long and slender, it had something that glowed where a gun's stock would be, but he couldn't figure out what in Mata Nui's name it was. Regardless, he got a hold of the weapon and aimed it at Kana's mask, hoping that this strange weapon wouldn't break the mask, so he aimed through the weapon's massive scope and pulled the trigger. To his surprise it didn't shoot anything that he expected, it shot a laser beam. After he hit the target, the mask teleported next to him, to which he thought "Now, how on Spherus Magna am I supposed to get this to Kana?"

Back on top of the tower Kana had an Idea, he could just wear Ahkmou's mask and find a way down, but his only concern was that Ahkmou's mask was so old it may not work for him. then he decided "Oh well, it couldn't hurt to try, could it?" So as he put on the mask, he felt his strength returning to him, but just as he was starting to get up, a sudden pain filled his whole brain, it hurt so bad that he had to take the mask off immediately, assuming that it was causing the pain. And sure enough, as soon as he removed the mask the pain stoped. "Well that didn't go as planed." thought Kana. So, now being at about 30%, he got an Idea. "Ahkmou, are you down there?" Kana yelled. To which he saw Ahkmou come towards the tower. "Come here so you can catch your mask, then you can find mine and bring it up here." Ahkmou did as his friend told him and put on his friend's mask and had a similar looking experience as Kana did, but was rejuvenated enough that he was able to make the trip back easier than to the range. Once he was at the bottom he yelled "Ok, I'me ready to catch my mask." "Here it comes." Kana replied.

So Ahkmou was able to catch his mask, after he put it on he went into the tower, only to find that only a rectangular column with a door and a button. So, Ahkmou pushed the button and the door opened to reveal a room with three buttons on one of the walls. One said ground floor, anther said lookout deck, and the third said roof. Assuming that the buttons would take him to different locations in the tower, Ahkmou pushed the one that said roof and the door closed with him in it. He felt that the room was moving up and panicked, he didn't like small spaces due to him having once been traped in a storage sphere. Once the door opened he found Kana lying on the floor on his belly, he immediately rushed over to his friend and put the Kanohi Kakama on his friend's face and saw that Kana instantly started to regain his strength.

Then the elevator door closed and the elevator went down. "Great, now we need to find another way down." Ahkmou complained. As he got to the edge of the shaft, he looked down and couldn't believe his eyes, the interior of the tower was changing before his eyes. "Hey Kana, you might want to see this." As Kana came to the edge and looked down, he also saw that the interior of the tower was changing "What is happening?" was all he could say. "I have no clue," said Ahkmou in bewilderment "it was an elevator when I came back." "A what?" asked a curious Kana "An elevator is a machine that carries people to higher floors in a building vertically." explained Ahkmou. As the pair were talking, the interior of the tower became a set of stairs that went half way down the tower and leveled off into a flat platform, and there was a new door in the side of the tower. The two friends looked at each other and simultaneously said "You first."

Eventually, after a much heated debate, they decided to go at the same time down the flight of stairs. Once they where at the door, they found that it opened itself. On the other side was a room that was small in comparison to the other rooms in New Daxia, but was still a pretty good size and found that in the room where four figures, Axonn, Helryx, a warrior with blue and gold armor, and, to their surprise, a white matoran of Ahkmou's time. "Congratulations Ahkmou and Kana, you have survived the first training exercise." said Axonn "Honestly I didn't expect them to make it." the white matoran said. Then Helryx said "Pardon Mazeka, he's our first matoran agent and is rough around the edges." "So why are they here?" Ahkmou asked while gesturing towards Mazeka and the blue and gold warrior. "Brutaka and I will assist you on your mission." Mazeka explained while gesturing towards the blue and gold person. Then Helryx spoke up "Mazeka will accompany you, Brutaka will teleport you to were he picked up you guys, Boto, and Jerbraz in the desert, ready?" "Wait, aren't you guys gonna train us more?" asked Ahkmou while Brutaka opened a portal. "I will train you more during the op." said Mazeka coldly. Next thing the Po-matoran knew, they where thrown through the portal by whom could only have been Jerbraz and landed mask-first onto the hot desert sand, followed by Mazeka calmly strolling through.

Read and discus

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 5: Mission Completed?

As Ahkmou started to get out of the sand, he wondered why the Order sent him back to where they picked them up, so he asked the order agent named Mazeka why. The Ko-Matoran stated coldly "Because that is were Helryx decided to send us, don't you dare question her again, got it?" "So, where are we going?" asked Kana. "We must head towards the Black Spike Mountains, that is the general area that we last heard from Gresh." Mazeka answered in his usual demeanor. "So how exactly are we going to get there, Kana's half-track is broken." Ahkmou asked. "We use this." Mazeka said while reaching into his bag. The muscular matoran then pulled out an old Le-matoran flute. "Recognize this Ahkmou?" asked Mazeka "I think so, didn't Takua get that as a gift from the Le-matoran after he helped save them from Nui-Rama back on Mata Nui?" Ahkmou responded. "What are you guys talking about?" asked Kana. "History" Ahkmou and Mazeka said simultaneously. "So how in Spherus Magna will that help us?" asked Kana. "Watch" said Ahkmou as Mazeka started to play the flute.

The flute sounded very distinctive and sad, indescribably ancient and hollow. When Mazeka stoped playing the flute, three large birds came and landed next to them. "Hop on." Said Mazeka to a stunned Kana. "What are these things?" asked Kana as he climbed onto the bird. "These are Kewa birds, they where commonly used for transportation, and honestly I thought they where extinct." Replied Ahkmou. "Not extinct, just rare in this part of the world, you see, after they came out of the Mata Nui robot they all migrated to the more forested areas, like the one we are on the edges of." explained Mazeka, slightly less coldly than he normally has been talking. As the birds took off, Kana and Ahkmou where clutching the birds with all of their strength, hoping they weren't thrown off by these graceful birds. When they looked down, they noticed that they where about 3 Bios above the trees. The beautiful greenery beneath him made Kana forget about his fear of falling off, while the nice breeze through his mask made Ahkmou forget about his.

Once the matoran where on solid ground, they noticed they where in the mountains."Now be careful," Mazeka warned, "The black spike mountains may look beautiful, but they are one of the most inhospitable places on the planet, ok?" The two Po-matoran nodded. "Good, we should probably set up camp for the night, we will easily use a lot of energy trying to traverse this terrain." Mazeka said as he took off his large backpack. "Kana, could you help me set up the tent?" asked Mazeka "Sure"said Kana. "Ahkmou, would you please get some fire wood, we don't want any of the area's Rahi coming into our camp while we sleep."Mazeka continued. "If I have to." muttered Ahkmou.

Once the camp was set up and the fire was going, the three matoran were sitting by the fire and started to have questions. "So Mazeka, how long have you been in the order?" asked Kana. "I have been in the order since five years before before the Toa Nuva traveled to Karda Nui, not that you would understand any of that Kana" confused Kana asked what really happened in the past, to which Mazeka and Ahkmou told Kana every major event up to the creation of the new Matoran. "Wow, that's a lot to process, I think I am going to go to bed, good night guys." "Good night my friend." said Ahkmou, while Mazeka just nodded. "So, I remember Helryx mentioning another matoran member, what happened to him?" asked Ahkmou. "First off the member was a girl, and second off, I don't like to talk about it." "I take it you two where close?" "Yah, very."

The next morning, once Mazeka got out of the tent, he noticed they had a visitor. "Good morning Mazeka, I have been expecting you to come." The green warrior said. "Gresh," Mazeka exclaimed loud enough to wake up Ahkmou and Kana, "Where have you been soldier?" "Relax Mazeka, my communicator has been broken and I lost my compass, I have been trying to contact you." the two Po-Matoran came out of the tent. "Who are they?" asked Gresh. "Some new recruits, the order didn't want me to come here alone so they got some more matoran to accompany me."

Read and discuss.

Chapter 6: Gresh?

"So, you must be Gresh, my name Ahkmou and this is my friend Kana" Ahkmou said while sticking out a hand to shake and gesturing towards Kana with the other. "Nice to meet you." Gresh said while sticking out his left hand, this confused Ahkmou, he knew it was the Glatorian's custom to shake the right hand. Then Ahkmou noticed that Gresh wore a poncho on his right side. "Did you lose an arm?" Ahkmou asked while shaking the Glatorian's hand. "Yah, during one of the battles in the great war a toa named Zaria used his elemental power of iron to rip my arm off." Kana stood there with his jaw dropped, he couldn't believe that the turaga of iron did that, let alone that the turaga was once a toa. Then Ahkmou turned to Kana "If you think that sounds gruesome, wait 'till you here what the Makuta I once worked for has done." "You once worked for the Makuta?" asked Gresh. "Yaaaaaaaaaaah, I don't like what I did, but I am willing to tell the past to whoever is willing to listen" explained Ahkmou reluctantly.

Later as they where packing up camp, Mazeka stoped Ahkmou "Hey Ahkmou, you got a sec. ?" asked Mazeka coldly. "Sure, what's up?"asked Ahkmou. "Something isn't right here."said Mazeka in his normal cold way "What do you mean?" asked Ahkmou "Well, Gresh isn't acting like he normally does, he normally isn't this silent, he hasn't talked since we ran into him. Also how we encountered him was suspicious, and he didn't even question why the order sent some matoran recruits to accompany me. Something's up." explained Mazeka. "Yah, you're right,  the circumstances where strange, no one just shows up like that." said Ahkmou. "We should keep this to ourselves for now, we don't want him to become hostile, he is bigger than us." continued Ahkmou. "Don't worry,"Mazeka said reassuringly ,well, for a Ko-matoran,"I have taken down bigger than him, long story."

Later, after they got done packing Mazeka put his stuff beside and walked up to Gresh. "I know you are not the real Gresh." Mazeka said coldly. "What makes you say that, Mazeka?" asked Gresh. "The circumstances of your arrival where strange and the real Gresh doesn't need a compass to navigate anything." stated Mazeka in his normal frosty tone. "Well then you caught me little matoran, I thought all of your kind were stupid." said the fake Gresh. "Show your real form and I will go easy on you impostor." said Mazeka. The fake Gresh laughed "Well, if you insist." he said as he began to shape-shift. When he was done physically reformatting himself, the matoran gazed upon what none of them thought they would ever see again, except Kana whom had only heard about these things from stories. The fake Gresh was really a Baterra!

The Baterra spoke again to the stunned matoran "Now you know, so what are you going to do to me little matoran, attack me?" "But that's impossible, Baterra can't talk, nor are they intelligent enough to go under cover like that." said Ahkmou "ugh, how do you matoran know so much, fine I will turn into my true form." then the thing turned into something none of the matoran recognized. "What exactly are you?" asked Kana. "Yah right, like I would tell you what I really am, then you guys could try and kill me, well I'me not gonna let that happen." the thing said again, but this time it sounded feminine. "Where is Gresh, thing?" asked Mazeka angrily. "Oh, don't worry he's fine, I just have him in my lair." said the creature. "Take us to him creature." commanded Mazeka. "Hm, let me think about that, uh, no." said the creature playfully. "Well, why do you want him, what are you doing to him?" yelled Mazeka, finally losing his cool. "I don't like playing games." said Mazeka even more coldly than usual while pulling out an acid sword he has had with him the whole trip. "Calm down matoran, I just have him captured so I can have company, it gets lonely here in the mountains." she said dramatically.

Mazeka charged at the thing at full speed, he swung at the thing, which then turned into a Baterra. As the two battled, the two Po-matoran slowly backed away from the fighting towards the stuff. Once with the stuff, Ahkmou searched for a weapon that he was familiar with that he could use to help Mazeka. Eventually he found a laser rifle like the one he encountered during his training. Then he picked it up and aimed at the creature, then realized that at some point during the battle it took the form of Mazeka. "Hey Mazeka!" shouted Ahkmou. "What?" asked both Mazekas turning towards Ahkmou. "Both of you stop fighting so I can figure out which one of you is the real one." said Ahkmou. So both Mazekas stopped. "I want both of you to play this flute to summon some Kewa, the one that is successful is the real one." said Ahkmou as he handed the Mazeka on the left the flute. That Mazeka started to play the instrument, but suddenly threw it at Ahkmou and turned into a living smoke creature. "Ha, can't hit me now." said the creature as it flew away. "Mata Nui blast it, it got away." exclaimed Ahkmou. Then Kana asked "Who's Mata Nui?" "Later Kana, later" explained Ahkmou.

Read and Discuss

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 7: The Hunt Begins

After the shape-shifter got away, the matoran got their things and processed the recent events. "What should we do Mazeka?" asked Kana. "Well, the creature headed north towards the Valley of the Maze, so we should head that way too." said Mazeka coldly. " 'The Valley of the Maze', I've never heard of it." said Ahkmou. "Due to that area being very dangerous for a number of reasons, I doubt that thing went their just for the heck of it, it's lair is probably either next to, in, or near the maze somewhere in the valley." Mazeka deduced. They left a few minutes latter, after they covered any trace of them being there.

During the trek, the matoran where all making guesses as to what that thing really was. Kana made the first guess "Maybe it was a Baterra." he said. "Nah, Baterra aren't that smart" said Ahkmou, so he said "Maybe it was a ghost, cursed to just wander around forever." so Mazeka coldly said "Get real Ahkmou, ghosts don't exist." "Then what was it then, huh?" replied Ahkmou. "I think it was the Krahka." both Po-Matoran looked at Mazeka like he had four heads. "A what?" asked Kana. "Not 'A', THE Krahka, she's the last of her species and can not only take the form of anything alive, but also can have some of the memories that come with that form, the order has been trying to recruit her for centuries, and we also know that she lives in the area." explained Mazeka. after he said that the other two Matoran became silent, and remained silent for the rest of the journey.

Several minutes later, the Matoran came upon a forest, and as they saw the forest, they caught a glimpse of a stranger passing through the trees in front of them. "Did you see that Mazeka?" asked Ahkmou quietly. "Yes I did, put down your packs guys, we may need to fight here soon." said Mazeka coldly. So the Po-Matoran did as they where told and put down their packs. "Show yourself stranger, if you plan on attacking us, do it now coward." Mazeka yelled in the general direction of where they saw the stranger, and sure enough, the stranger came out. Too everyone's surprise, the stranger was a Glatorian, one that none of them recognized. "I mean you no harm." said the stranger. "Who are you?" demanded Mazeka, pointing his sword at the stranger while Ahkmou pointed his laser rifle at the stranger. "I am Surel, and like I said, I mean you no harm." the stranger said while holding up one of his arms, he was using the other to lean on a cane. Seeing Surel as no threat to them, Mazeka lowered his weapon and ordered Ahkmou to lower his.

Read and Discuss

Edited by Legodudelol

Chapter 8: Surel

Mazeka then said "Surel, if that is your real name, what are you doing here?" "I was exiled long ago, what are you doing here?" said Surel. "We are hunting down a shape-shifter, it was recently in the form of  living smoke, have you seen it?" explained Ahkmou. "Seen it, I know it! She is real testy and is a terrible neighbor." said Surel. "So you know what it is?" asked Kana. "Yep, sure do, she calls herself the Krahka." said Surel "She lives in the valley of the maze, near the center." "Could you take us there?"  Asked Mazeka. "Yep, follow me." said Surel as he turned around and started walking.

Later the four came upon a cottage. Surel turned around and said "Welcome to my place gentlemen, I just need to get something for you, feel free to come on in." The two weary Po-matoran followed Surel into his house, Mazeka,still suspicious of Surel, decided to wait outside for them to come out. Eventually the ancient Glatorian came out, carrying an old Skrall Saw Blade Shield, annoyed Mazeka said "And why do we need that?" "It has a map of the maze on it, you don't want to get lost now, do you?" explained Surel as he started to lead the hike again.

An hour later Mazeka asked "Why are you being so nice to us, we almost attacked you when we met." upon hearing that, Surel stoped and turned around to look at Mazeka and said "Oh, I don't know, I think it has something to do with me remembering many terrible things and wishing that I could have done something." "Like what?" asked Kana. "Oh, like the world breaking apart, two giant robots duking it out, the Skrall trying to invade everyone, and many other things I wish never happened." Surel said while pointing at his fingers. "Well, come on, we don't have much time to waste, your friend could be in danger." said Surel as he continued to walk.

"How do you know about Gresh?" asked Mazeka. "Your friend Kana told me everything that brought you here, including that you all work for the order of Mata Nui." explained Surel. Mazeka then turned around and glared at Kana. "Oh, don't worry about him, I already knew about the order, you people have already tried to recruit me." said Surel. Several more hours latter, the four came out of the forest and saw the valley of the maze. "Good luck matoran, and may your Mata Nui be with you." Surel said as he handed Mazeka the shield and walked away.

Read and Discuss

Edited by Legodudelol

• 1 month later...

Chapter 9: The Valley of the Maze

Mazeka and the others gathered around the shield, it was a standard Skrall shield and it stumped the matoran how the symbol on the shield looked exactly like the maze itself. After a few moments of gawking, the matoran decided to first scout the area around the maze for signs of Krahka, hoping she didn't reside in the maze itself. After a while, the matoran found evidence of her going into the maze, including ash and silt from her being the smoke creature.

Eventually, the matoran only found signs that she commonly went into the maze, indicating that she must live in it's center like Surel said she might. So, ignoring the warning signs around the entrance, they went in, with Mazeka holding the shield. As they walked, Ahkmou couldn't help but think of the first time they fought Krahka, and thought of some questions for Mazeka, starting with this. "So, Mazeka, do you mind if I ask you some questions?" Mazeka then said in his usual frosty manner "Yes, I do mind, but I'll humor you anyways." Ahkmou's first question was "So, back when we first fought Krahka, why did you lose your cool when she was toying with you?" This question made Mazeka suddenly stop in his tracks, which made Kana, whom was right behind him bump into him. Mazeka then turned his head towards Ahkmou so he could see him out of the corner of his eye and then slowly, and even more coldly than usual said "Because I lost my previous partner to someone that was toying with me."  Upon hearing Mazeka's tone, Ahkmou decided to save his next question for another time.

As the trio made their way towards the center, they noticed many disabled traps. The motionless machinery made for an eerie and ominous sight, more so for the older matoran than the newer one, due to them being more mechanical than Kana. Once the matoran just had one more corner to turn to reach the center, Mazeka signaled for the others to stop. Then Mazeka silently reached into his bag and pulled out a mirror and put it around the corner so he could see if anyone was there. Through the mirror, Mazeka saw a large chamber, it was a big dome, from what he could tell. In the dome was some furniture, mainly a table, some chairs, and a bed, but he didn't see Gresh or Krahka, then again, the room was a dome, so one or both of them could be in there. After a while, Mazeka stoped examining the room and put the mirror away, Ahkmou was about to ask what Mazeka saw in there when he motioned for them to follow him.

Once in the room, Mazeka could see even more of the room, and found an unconscious Gresh chained to the wall. Mazeka then ran to him and whispered "Hey, Gresh, wake up." Seeing  that the glatorian was unresponsive, Mazeka slapped him. Gresh then yelled and then, seeing that it was Mazeka said "What'd you do that for?" Mazeka then barely smiled and said slightly warmer than usual "Good to see you too, old buddy." and Ahkmou thought for an instant that he saw Mazeka smile, and then shook his head thinking that that was too uncharacteristic of him, wasn't it?

After the Matoran managed to unchain Gresh, they headed out of the maze, with Gresh leaning on Kana and Ahkmou. "So, where did Krahka go, Gresh?" Kana asked, half-skeptical that this was the real Gresh. Gresh then said "I don't know, she was in the room when I fell asleep." Mazeka then turned towards Gresh and asked "How has she been treating you?" To which Gresh said "Well, she has purposely been under-feeing me to keep me weak so I can't escape on my own, but other than that she has actually been somewhat nice to me." everyone was surprised by that last part, with Kana even backing away from him, thinking that he must be another fake. "I'me serious, she actually tried to accommodate me when she could, to the point where she brought a mat out for me at night for when I wanted to sleep and undid all but one of my chains." the others looked at each other and then continued going through the maze.

Once they got to the corner that if they turned, they would be at the exit. Mazeka signaled for the others to stop and used the same technique to look into the dome to look around the corner to see if anything was there, and to his surprise, all he saw where feet. Mazeka then felt himself being lifted into the air, thrown, and hit a wall, becoming unconscious instantly, and Krahka playfully said "Well well, what do we have here?"

Read and Discuss

Edited by Legodudelol

Chapter 10: Fight!

With Mazeka on the floor and Krahka in front of them, Ahkmou thought that his chances of getting out of there where pretty slim. Krahka then turned to Gresh. "Gresh," she said in a mock-hurt way, "I can't believe you would abandon me, after I was so nice to you!" Gresh then smiled under his helmet and said "Well, you did keep me as a prisoner, and look what happened, the order sent people to rescue me, just give up, if you capture us, they will just send more to rescue us, because then you would be registered as a major threat and they will actively hunt you down, so please, just let us go and I will personally put in a good word for you, saying I was captured by rouge Baterra, what do you say?" As Gresh finished, he put out his hand for a handshake.

Krahka just looked at Gresh's extended hand, puzzled by the gesture, then as Krahka was confused, Ahkmou decided to reach into his bag for his laser rifle. As he reached, Krahka immediately lunged for Ahkmou and turned her left hand into a blade, and as she did that, Gresh got Kana and his bag and ran. "But what about Ahkmou and Mazeka?" Kana asked, so Gresh hurriedly said "They will be fine, Krahka just wants company, so she will keep them alive for that."

Back near the exit, Ahkmou managed to block Krahka's swing with his bag, which then spilled out it's contents onto the ground, including his laser rifle. He then lunged for the gun and fell short by an inch, which Krahka used to her advantage and grabbed him by the ankle and pulled him away from the weapon. Ahkmou tried to kick her off of him, but couldn't reach, so he tried to kick her hand with his heel, and successfully did it. Krahka then screamed in pain and let go of Ahkmou, whom managed to grab the gun, but Krahka then grabbed it before he could fire and took it.

​At this point, Gresh and Kana where completely lost in the maze, they where so scared that they weren't able to keep track of where they where and got lost. On the plus side, they could here the fight between Ahkmou and Krahka so well that they figured that they could follow the sound of it back if they needed to, due to the maze being very acoustic, mainly due to it being entirely inside.

While Krahka and Ahkmou where fighting, Mazeka was only barley conscious, he tried to move, but he couldn't, he couldn't even open his eyes to see how well Ahkmou was holding up. He was starting to get worried, then he heard Krahka scream and thought "Well that's probably good, keep it up Ahkmou, don't end up like my last partner."

Ahkmou's fight wasn't going as well as he hoped, Krahka had taken his weapon and broke it on her knee, producing a loud cracking noise. Then Ahkmou spotted Mazeka's acid sword in his bag and thought "If only I can make it to Mazeka's bag, then I can finally end this." Then Krahka decided to talk to the matoran, and calmly said "You're pretty good for a matoran, who trained you, this weakling?" and then proceeded to gesture towards Mazeka. Ahkmou then just as calmly replied "No, I was trained by several others, including Axonn the conquerer, Toa Jaller, and Makuta Teridax." Krahka was surprised by that last name and paused, just the distraction Ahkmou was looking for, he then lunged for Mazeka's acid sword and pulled it out just in time to block a blow from Krahka, whom the drew back her claw in pain, due to the acid.

As she cradled her injured hand with her good one, Ahkmou then rushed over to Mazeka and shook him saying through gritted teeth "Are you Ok, come on answer me." then decided to slap him, to which Mazeka then faintly said "What did you do that for, I was awake your whole battle." which shocked Ahkmou, then he thought back to Krahka. Once he turned around, he didn't see her and then turned back to Mazeka who asked "Where did Gresh and Kana go?" Ahkmou then tried to help him up and said "They ran into the maze somewhere."

Gresh and Kana stoped, they couldn't here the battle any more, the last thing they heard was Krahka screaming and then nothing, which made them think "Is it over? Who won? How did he/she win? Was Ahkmou alright? And what about Mazeka, did he help?" Then Kana put Gresh down and said "We should probably yell for them, maybe we can follow their yells to us back to the entrance." Gresh then said "But what if we run into Krahka?" Kana then paused and said "That's just a risk we'll have to take."

Ahkmou and Mazeka then stood, facing the entrance in silence. Mazeka was the first to speak and said "We have to go." Ahkmou then gave Mazeka a hard look and said "We can't just leave Gresh and Kana in here, they will either die or be captured by Krahka." Mazeka then shook his head and said "We have no choice, she is too powerful for us, we can't risk going in there and running into her." Just then Ahkmou faintly heard Kana calling him and said "We may not need to go in for them, listen." Mazeka then listened and heard Kana too and coldly said "Fine, we will call for them so they can find a way out, but if they don't find us in ten minutes we will leave without them, understand?" Ahkmou then sternly said "I understand, but you are in no condition to make threats like that, so we'll stay here until they come, do you understand me?" Mazeka then gave Ahkmou a blank stare and nodded, as no one had ever had the guts to back sass him before.

​After about an hour of call and receive tracking, Kana and Gresh finally reached Ahkmou and Mazeka, whom the latter was leaning on the former. Gresh then said "Not bad rookie, fending off Krahka with just an injured guy as backup." Kana then looked at Mazeka and asked "Yah, how did you guys do it?" Mazeka then said "Don't look at me, Ahkmou did it all by himself." Gresh and Kana then stared at Ahkmou in disbelief. Ahkmou then said "I couldn't have done it without Mazeka's acid sword." then Mazeka said "Well, everyone's here, time to make a call." Mazeka then pulled out a devise and spoke into it saying "This is Agent M1, reporting a successful mission, with two injured and broken supplies, requesting a portal, over." the two Po-matoran where then startled to here a garbled response coming from a piece Mazeka was holding up to his ear and then see a portal open a foot outside the entrance, then they all stepped through and found themselves in the New Daxia throne room.

Read and Discuss

Edited by Legodudelol

Chapter 11: Report

When the four agents emerged from the portal, Ahkmou could tell that Helryx was surprised to see that he and Kana seemed to be the only ones that weren't injured. Then Axonn came towards them and offered to take Mazeka to the healing room. Being too tired to stand, Mazeka was then carried off by Axonn.  Helryx then sent for Ahkmou and Kana to come bring Gresh too her. After they did so, Helryx then said "Please leave now, I must discuss what happened with Gresh privately."  So the two Po-matoran left the chamber, aimlessly at first, but then to try to find the infirmary.

After a while, they found it and saw Mazeka on a bed with Axonn with another patient and came up to him. Ahkmou  came to him first and said "How are you doing, Mazeka?" Mazeka then rolled over to face him and said "Fine, thanks to Axonn's healing powers." Ahkmou had always heard rumors that Axonn was a skilled healer, but never knew that that was actually one of his species powers. Ahkmou then turned to Kana, whom was quieter than usual, to see if he was going to talk to Mazeka, but saw him staring at the patient Axonn was treating. Ahkmou then looked more closely at the patient and realized that he was a Toa, and then also realized that Kana had never seen a Toa. So Ahkmou, seeing that Mazeka had already rolled back over, decided to ask Axonn who that Toa is, and he said "This is Toa Krakua, the first Toa other than Helryx to become an Order member."

Kana then asked "How was he hurt?" Axonn flatly replied "On a mission, that is all you need to know." Ahkmou was surprised that Axonn suddenly became so hostile just because of an innocent question and wondered why. Kana then turned to Ahkmou and quietly asked what a Toa was, Ahkmou said "A Toa was a hero, sworn to protect the Matoran, and fight off any forces that tried to harm them. In fact, in old Matoran 'Toa' means hero." Kana then said oh and moved on and asked "Did you ever hear of this Toa?" Ahkmou then nodded and said "Yes, but only because when I worked for the Makuta they encountered him a few times." Kana then asked "So, what's his element?" Krakua then groaned and said "Sonics, so please be quiet, I can hear a whisper from a Kio away." Kana then whispered "Sorry."

Brutaka then came into the room, looked at the Po-Matoran and loudly said "There you are, Helryx sent me to find you, she said she wanted a full mission report." while he was talking, Krakua was covering his ears. "Brutaka, why were you so loud, you know I can hear everything in and around New Daxia." Krakua said, annoyed, to which Brutaka said "Yah, I know, I was trying to annoy you hearer." Kana then leaned towards Ahkmou and whispered "Hearer?" Ahkmou then snickered at the old derogative and whispered to Kana "It's a long story." Which made Axonn chuckle because De-Matoran have always usually been writers.

In the throne room, Ahkmou and Kana gave a detailed account of the mission to Helryx, trying very hard the whole time to not say anything that could be seen as disrespectful to the ancient Toa. After they were done, Helryx disbelievingly said "So, you drove off Krahka by yourself, is there anyone that can confirm it?" Ahkmou then said "Mazeka can, miss, he could here the whole battle, while he was unable to move on the floor." Helryx then thought it over and then said "So you also disregarded a direct order from a superior agent, why?" Ahkmou's voice then went from a tone of respectfulness to a frosty one and said "Because during the great war there were many men I once had to leave behind, and they all died, after that I swore that I would never leave another man behind again." It wasn't until after he spoke that he realized his tone, and hoped Helryx didn't decide that because of it she would have him killed. Luckily, Helryx then smiled and said "I like your attitude, Ahkmou. Lets see how long it lasts."

Read and Discuss

Edited by Legodudelol

Chapter 12: Dreams and Memories, part 1

Later on, Ahkmou went to his quarters on New Daxia, he was understandably tired, due to him coming back from a mission. Even though he was mostly robotic, he was more tired than he had ever been. Once he found his quarters and entered, he didn't even take off his gear before flopping onto his bed. Once he had hit his bed he fell asleep, expecting nothing. Like all matoran of his time, he could only dream of past events, and for the past several thousand years he had the same "dream" every night.

In Ahkmou's memory/dream, he was at work carving in the desert, he had been shunned by the matoran for working for Makuta. He eventually decided to not only carve, but also to explore the damaged Mata Nui robot, and search for relics of the past. He was far from friendless though. Thanks to Mata Nui making Agori understandable to Matoran and visa versa, he had some friends that helped him explore the robot, and on this particular day one was in his shop, asking him about the past. This Jungle Agori called himself Tarduk. Tarduk had previously told Ahkmou that he loved history, whatever it may be about. Tarduk then held up a piece of ancient equipment and said "What in the great being's names is this?" Ahkmou then turned towards Tarduk to see what he was holding and yelled "Put that down, you'll hurt yourself!" Ahkmou then took the devise from Tarduk and put it on a pedestal and said calmly "This is the Cordak blaster that belonged to Toa Matoro" Tarduk then questioningly said "Ok." Which lead Ahkmou to explain Matoro's history to Tarduk, whom patiently listened. After Ahkmou was finished, just as Tarduk was about to ask another question, the water Agori Berix came in and excitedly yelled "What's happenin', people?" which always made Ahkmou face-palm himself, because whenever Berix said that he felt like he had to do it to someone.

Back in the infirmary in the right here and now, Mazeka was still laying in his cot, he hadn't fully healed yet because Axonn was busy with other patients. Mazeka then tried to sit up, he didn't want to sleep because he knew what he would dream/remember in his sleep, the day he lost his first matoran partner. Due to this event, all he ever dreamed/remembered about was her. But upon trying to get up, Axonn noticed and sternly said "Just what do you think you're doing?" All Mazeka could say was "Trying to sit up." Axonn then came closer to Mazeka and said "Oh no you don't, you still need to heal." Mazeka then said "What good is healing if sleeping hurts?" Axonn then felt his mask of truth telling him that Mazeka was lying, so he came right next to his cot and said "What's really bothering you?" to which Mazeka said "I don't want to talk about it." Which made Axonn even more interested, so he sat down and said "Come on, you can tell me, everyone else is asleep." so Mazeka looked around and noticed that Axonn was right, but he still said "I don't want to talk about it." Axonn then leaned closer and said "Oh come on you can tell me, I am after all the order's main psychological counselor." Mazeka then looked into Axonn's eyes and said "You're the order's only counselor." which made Axonn chuckle as he said "All the more reason to be the main one." Mazeka then smiled at his own stupidity and said "Well, I still don't want to tell you." Axonn then gave Mazeka a concerned look and calmly asked "Is it about your first matoran companion?" Mazeka then stiffened and said "No" which caused Axonn's mask to glow like a lightstone, which, in turn, made Mazeka admit his lie. Axonn then said "You know, the only way you're going to get over this is to talk to someone." Mazeka then turned away and said "I will, when I'm ready." which made Axonn's mask glow again.

Kana was lost, lost in the vast maze that was the New Daxia fortress. He was at first trying to find Ahkmou, but then decided that he should head to bed, but couldn't find his and Ahkmou's room. While he was wandering around, he started to think about home. In his thoughts he thought about many things, like when he met Ahkmou. He smiled as he remembered. He remembered bumping into Ahkmou at the Po-Koro market, how all of Ahkmou's groceries splattered all over the both of them, and that he tried to help clean it all up, and ended up paying for replacements for Ahkmou. Latter that day about eight years ago, he ended up driving Ahkmou to his home in the desert, and once getting there, seeing all of the magnificent statues of long forgotten heroes. Kana wanted to ask Ahkmou about each and every one of them, and all Ahkmou said was that he couldn't due to the law preventing him from talking about the past. Kana then snapped out of his remembrance when he bumped into someone. When he picked himself off of the floor he couldn't see anyone, thus concluded it was Jerbraz and said "Sorry Jerbraz, I was lost in thought and didn't see your shadow." Next thing Kana knew, he herd a voice that said "Don't worry, it happens a lot, and besides, I don't even have a shadow."

Read and Discuss

Edited by Legodudelol

• 1 month later...

Chapter 13: Dreams and Memories, part 2 : Ahkmou's Story Part 1

Ahkmou was having a dream memory still, he was remembering the events that occurred soon after Mata Nui beat Teridax. His new friends, some agori, were in his hut. They were Berix and Tarduk. Berix walked in and started touching stuff as usual, which always upset Ahkmou. Usually he would be able to put up with it, but he didn't feel like that today. Berix lifted up Matoro's Cordak blaster, so Ahkmou yelled "Put that down, you could accidentally blow us all up!" Berix then couldn't put it down fast enough. Then he turned to Tarduk and said "How much do you wanna bet that I could throw him across the room and out the door?" Tarduk then turned to Ahkmou and said "I'm not gonna take that bet, mainly because I'm sure you could do it." Ahkmou then said to Berix "Hey, come here." Berix did so and thus Ahkmou actually picked him up and threw him across the room and into the doorway, knocking him out. Tarduk, seeing that Berix wasn't moving, said "Well, I had better get him to a healer, see you later Ahkmou." Ahkmou then grunted in an affirming way.

Later that day, Ahkmou heard a knocking on his door, curious as to who it was, he opened it. When he did he saw a Ta-matoran with a Kanohi Arthron and got his cordak blaster ready behind him and coldly said "What do you want?" The Ta-matoran said "I am the current captain of the Ta-Korro guard, you shouldn't treat me so rudely." Ahkmou then held out his free hand in an innocent fashion and said "So what?" The Ta-matoran, obviously got angry at this point and leaned towards Ahkmou and yelled "So you treat me a similar way that you would treat a Toa!" Ahkmou then gave him a funny look and said "You have no clue who I am, do you?" The guard was surprised by Ahkmou's question and stoped talking for a few seconds, which gave Ahkmou the time to ask another. "Why are you here?" Ahkmou coldly asked. The Ta-Matoran snapped out of his slight state of shock and said "I'm here to speak with a matoran by the name of Ahkmou." Ahkmou then said "I am he." The guard was again surprised and said "You're Ahkmou?" Ahkmou then nodded and the guard said "I'm here to arrest you for assault." at this point Ahkmou drew his cordak blaster and said "I'm not going back to any prison without a fight." The guard was again surprised by Ahkmou and took several steps back, just enough for Ahkmou to fire a customary warning shot at the guard's feet and sent him flying off to the south.

​The next day, Ahkmou heard a knock on his door, expecting the worst, Ahkmou grabbed a loaded Zamor sphere launcher that once belonged to Toa Matoro and asked through the door "Who's there?" then he heard through the door "It's me, Tarduk, what's going on in there?" Ahkmou then put away his weapon and opened the door to let Tarduk in and then closed and locked the door once Tarduk was completely inside. Tarduk then turned to Ahkmou and reiterated his question. Ahkmou then sighed and explained the previous day's encounter with the guard, which made Tarduk's eyes grow wide. Tarduk then asked "What did you mean when you said that you wouldn't go back to prison without a fight?" Ahkmou then said "When my people got back to the city of Metru Nui they put me in prison for the crimes I had committed against my own people, including bringing disease to them. Tarduk then asked "Why did you do that?" Ahkmou then said "Because at the time I was under the influence of Makuta Teridax, I was just another one of his pawns." Tarduk then said "Well, I can't judge how you are now by your actions a few thousand years ago." Ahkmou then turned to Tarduk and said "You don't understand, I had wronged them even a month ago." Tarduk then slowly backed away from Ahkmou, whom seemed distraught over what he had done, but still made Tarduk uncomfortable. Ahkmou then said "I understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore, if so then just please go away." after Ahkmou said that Tarduk nodded and then went to the door, unlocked it, and went away. After Tarduk left, Ahkmou closed and locked the door and curled up into a ball and did the closest thing a matoran could do to cry.

Later he heard another knock on the door. Ahkmou got the Midak Skyblaster that once belonged to Takanuva and sat in the middle of his home with his hands on his knees, waiting for them to knock down the door. Eventually someone did knock down the door, a Toa in dark green and gold armor with a Kanohi Kualsi. Ahkmou then fired at the Toa as soon as he could without a second thought and shot him square in the chest, knocking him a good four bios away. Seeing that the Toa wasn't moving, Ahkmou went to him to see if he was dead. Once he found that the Toa wasn't dead, but severely injured, he dragged him inside and then took the Toa's mask and weapons and bandaged the Toa up. Eventually the Toa awoke and saw Ahkmou sitting solemnly in the corner farthest from him turned to him and with his hands on his knees. Ahkmou noticed the Toa was looking around for his weapons and his mask so he said "Don't bother, I hid your Toa tools and mask." The toa then tried to sit up, but noticed that he was bound to the bed. Ahkmou decided that now was a good time to question the Toa, so he asked "Who are you, and what do you want from me?" The Toa looked strait at Ahkmou and said "I am Toa Hagah Iruini, and I came here to arrest you for assa-" Ahkmou then interrupted Iruini and said "Figures they'd sent a Toa after me." Iruini was surprised by Ahkmou's lack of respect and shut up immediately.

Read and Discuss

Edited by Legodudelol

• 1 year later...

Chapter 13: Dreams and Memories, part 3 : Ahkmou's Story Part 2

Ahkmou was silent for a long time as Iruini was just trying to think of a way out of his dilemma and eventually all he could think of was to talk to the seemingly depressed Matoran. Figuring that Ahkmou wasn't going to start a conversation any time soon, Iruini calmly said

"Ahkmou, what are you thinking, you know full well that eventually the other Toa on my team will come looking for me right?"

Ahkmou just remained quiet, so Iruini continued "What are you hoping to gain by capturing me?"

Ahkmou looked up at Iruini and quietly said "Nothing." which surprised Iruini for two reasons, first, he didn't expect Ahkmou to respond, and two, he figured that Ahkmou had some kind of goal,

so Iruini said "Then why do you have me tied up?"

"I don't want you to arrest me." Ahkmou replied just barely louder than he was speaking earlier.

Iruini calmly said "Well no one want's to be arrested, but you-"

Ahkmou then yelled "I KNOW WHAT I DID, STOP TELLING ME!"

Iruini was once again surprised by Ahkmou's lack of respect and shut up for a while.

Iruini decided to carefully observe his surroundings and noticed many important relics from the past so in trying to change the topic,

Iruini said "You have quite the collection here for someone that once oppressed the Matoran."

Ahkmou then got up, went over to Iruini, back-handed him, and then went back to his spot.

Startled, Iruini said "Well, I ... sure didn't expect that."

Ahkmou then said "You don't know me at all, not that anyone ever really did."

So, Iruini said "Why do you think that is, Ahkmou?"

Ahkmou then got up and walked over to Iruini, whom braced himself for another slap to the face, but instead Ahkmou just stood there and said

"Because I worked for Makuta Teridax for a long time."

That surprised Iruini the most out of this whole encounter so he said

"So what, I did too, same with the rest of the Toa Hagah."

Now it was Ahkmou's turn to be surprised, so he asked "How was a Toa like you a servant of Makuta?"

Iruini then said "There was a time long ago that the Makuta where good."

Ahkmou, in disbelief said "Yah, right!"

"But it's true, you just don't remember due to you being stuck in a storage pod."

Ahkmou then remembered his first encounter with Teridax, Teridax explained that he was stuck in a storage pod and lost his memories so he just ignorantly listened the intricate web of lies that Teridax told him.

Ahkmou then sat down next to the bed that Iruini was strapped to and said "So, now what do I do?"

Iruini said "Well, you could start by untying me."

Ahkmou then turned to look at Iruini and slyly said "Nice try."

Ahkmou then got up and started to repair his door. To Iruini it looked like that conversation somehow helped Ahkmou and so he thought I should really study psychology and figure out what I said that did that.

After a while there was another knock on the door so Ahkmou got a Midak skyblaster and yelled through the door

"Who's there?"

Then a Toa of stone on the other side busted down a wall and said "Knock-Knock"

To which Iruini then excitedly said "Pouks, I never thought I would be this happy to see you!"

Toa Pouks then jokingly said " Well if you needed some time away from me there are better ways to do it."

While Pouks was talking to Iruini, Ahkmou grabbed the shield that used to belong to Toa Kopaka and hid behind it while firing at Pouks with the Midak sky blaster. Pouks was blocking every shot with his shield and was doing his best to not fall over from the force of the impact, he tried to fire his Rhotuka, but couldn't due to the skyblaster damaging it too much. As Ahkmou was, distracted he didn't think of why Toa Pouks wasn't advancing, which caused him to not notice until it was too late that there was still another Toa outside. So as Ahkmou was distracted, Toa Norik broke through the door and grabbed Ahkmou so forcibly that Ahkmou dropped his Shield and skyblaster. Norik then looked at Iruini, chuckled and jokingly said

"What, you couldn't handle a single Matoran?" To which Iruini jokingly said

"Well, I had to give you something to do."

Pouks then cut Iruini's restraints and looked for Iruini's stuff. After he found his Kanohi in Ahkmou's Kanohi-case, his shield behind Ahkmou's wardrobe, and his Cyclone Spear under Ahkmou's bed. After all of Iruini's stuff had been found, Iruini said

"Well, you certainly hid them pretty well, I honestly thought that you already had a Kanohi Kualsi in your collection, well done." Norik then angrily said

"Don't humor him, help me carry him to the court house in New Atero"

Read and Discuss

Edited by Legodudelol

• 1 month later...

Chapter 13: Dreams and Memories, part 4 : Ahkmou's Story Part 3

The three Toa brought Ahkmou to the court which was a large building in the city center that looked like it was using architecture principles of all tribes and races of both Aqua and Bara Magna. Inside the court room was a large podium with a Turaga and an Agori Judge, on each side of the room there was a place for Jurors. One side was for Aqua Magna residents, and the other for Bara Magna residents. The placement of everything made it look like there was an invisible line cutting the room in half and segregating the two types of beings. The only things that where on the line was the judge's desk and the accused's desk.

So Ahkmou was standing at the accused's desk and thought I wonder why it's so segregated in here.

Both Judges rose and said in turn "Ahkmou, you have been charged with assaulting Berix, how do you plead?"

Ahkmou then pointed upwards with his right hand and said "I plead justified."

The Turaga Judge then said "What was your reason then?"

Ahkmou then said "Invasion of privacy and suspected attempted theft"

Then the Agori Judge said "That's no reason to throw him across and out of your house."

Then the Turaga Judge said "The Matoran laws do see that as justified."

The Agori then said to the Turaga "But he did resist arrest."

The Turaga then said "Yes, but the Matoran Laws say that if what he did was justified, then resisting arrest is null and void."

So the Agori Judge said "Not in the Agori Laws though."

The Turaga Judge then said "Aqua Magna Jury members may be excused as the Matoran laws are in no way shape or form against Ahkmou."

Then all of the Aqua Magna inhabitants exited the court room.

​Then the Agori Judge said "Ahkmou, you are extremely guilty by Agori laws, so now the Jury shall decide your sentence, court is over for today, come back at 16:00 tomorrow to hear our decision and then hear what the combined sentence is, court dismissed."

​He then proceeded to hit his gavel on the table and everyone left. The next day they all came back and Ahkmou was doing the closest thing a Matoran can do to sweating bullets, but with coolant instead of sweat.

The judges both said in turn "Everyone, let's hear the sentence from both sides."

The Matoran side rose and said "He's innocent under Matoran laws, we don't need to tell you a sentence."

Then the Agori side rose and said "We have found him deserving of the death sentence."

So both sides then sat down and the Judges stood up and said in turn "The blurring of these sentences, as decided and agreed upon by the Law-blurring accord made soon after we arrived here, Ahkmou, you have been sentenced to two weeks incarceration."

Then both Judges hit their gavels and A Toa carried Ahkmou to the temporary holding cell in the court house and everyone else was able to go home.

While Ahkmou was in prison there was rioting in the streets regarding Ahkmou's sentence, Matoran where saying Ahkmou shouldn't be in prison, while Agori where saying Ahkmou should be executed.

Read and Discuss

Edited by Legodudelol