Anyone remember an Archives exploration game?

Infrared

There was a game posted on BZPower years ago where you explored the Metru Nui Archives. It was a first-person point-and-click like the MNOG but a lot smaller in scope. I think there was a plot point about waiting for an airship to make a delivery, but I couldn't say for sure. Do any of you remember this game, and if so do you have any more details on it?

Edited by Infrared

It sounds kind of like you're describing Whenua Metru's promotional CD.

That's what I thought it was, but his description made it sound like a fan-made game.

They were similar but I'm pretty sure this one was fan made. They did have some things in common, for example in both the Archives walls were light gray and there was a Rahi on display in a clear box like here. But the game I'm thinking of had that 2D MNOG-style art, and you could explore more of the Archives than in the promo CD. (Or maybe my memory is just playing tricks on me. :P)

• Upvote 1

I believe you're referring to MENOL, the fan-made Metru Nui Online game. It's still online, even: Link

You can explore the Archives in Onu-Metru, but it's only a part of the bigger whole.

I'm afraid it's not MeNOL either. Although maybe I'm thinking of the first version... was Onu-Metru ever released before they decided to remake the whole thing?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you're referring to MENOL, the fan-made Metru Nui Online game. It's still online, even: Link

You can explore the Archives in Onu-Metru, but it's only a part of the bigger whole.

I'm afraid it's not MeNOL either. Although maybe I'm thinking of the first version... was Onu-Metru ever released before they decided to remake the whole thing?

Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember an Archives section in the original too, and probably it was how you described it. Not 100% certain, but seems likely.