Uniter Lewa's Arms!

Katanga

What are up with these things? They make the set so hard to pose. I'm assuming the design was a fluke with his instructions though. Official images of his united form show him with a traditional elbow joint configuration, but it's hard to tell with his main box art image.

Did any of you change Lewa's construction to allow for better poses and flexibility? Or am I just not getting the point of this awkward part of his design?

I solved this issue by reworking his entire arm construction. It's similar to Kopaka's, but the shoulder armor is facing outward instead of up so that it doesn't interfere with his shoulder movement. I fleshed out the places that looked skinny with Bohrok eyes.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Personally I like Lewa's unusual shoulders and arms. They don't really hinder his posability much from what is realistic for a human figure, and make his build and proportions more interesting and unique.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I know a lot of people seemed to dislike Lewa's arms and legs, so mine might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually quite liked them. It was nice to see the designers branch away from the standard limbs designs and experiment with it a bit more. 

I still have my Lewa Uniter sitting on my display shelf, arms and legs unchanged. I think he's fine just the way he is. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Personally I like Lewa's unusual shoulders and arms. They don't really hinder his posability much from what is realistic for a human figure, and make his build and proportions more interesting and unique.

I'm fairly certain the human forearm can bend forward much further than this can. I have no problem with the rest of Lewa's construction, I honestly love his slender appearance. I just can't fathom why the designers would have the forearm attach in such an unsual way. :s

Edited by Katanga

I modified mine to have shoulders more like Pohatu and Gali so he could keep the same upper arm construction. It leaves the space between his arms and body looking kind of empty, but it works with his overall lanky design.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Slight modification to the arms. I wish I could have Kopaka arms/shoulders on every Toa set though

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell