Your elusive mask, or parts stories

banana92

I know I've been collecting 2001 style masks since they came out, as have many others, so I had to imagine...

What masks have you wanted but never quite seem to get your hands on, common masks, like from mask packs, or promotions?

For me it would have to be the orange vahi, still to this day I have yet to get one, and I know they were given out in walgreens way back about when the bohrok va came out, each time I went, they were out, of they didn't have them, and so in owning several bohrok va, I never once got my hands on that mask :D

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

The Vahi and Ignika. I wasn't into Bionicle when the orange Vahi was making rounds, and I failed to get any of the special Vahki sets that had the gold one too. And those massive parts tubs were rather elusive so I couldn't get one of them for the Vahi they included.

As for the Ignika, Woolworths; the one shop I used to buy all my Bionicle, had shut down and the only other shop that sold Bionicle sets close to were I lived at the time was Argos, but that particular store was always low on stock for Bionicle so I never got the silver one, and the titan Mata Nui set was way too expensive for me to get, so I didn't get the gold one either (I suppose I could try and get the masks separately but I still want the full sets for their parts). And again, because of the closure of Woolworths, buying sets at Argos to try and get the Glatorian Mata Nui for his Ignika was a gamble because Argos didn't let you pick which set you wanted.

For just random parts, I don't think there's anything I really want...

Also this thread would probably be better off in Bionicle discussion.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

I guess mine would be the Vahi as well. I recall seeing the Vahki sets that had it back when they were on store shelves, but I didn't get it because 'I already have the Vahki sets. Why get more?' This coming from someone who as a kid collected the sets to build them and keep them built. If I knew what I know now about it though, I would definitely get it for that mask. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The only one I am missing (minus misprints and the platinum/solid gold masks), is the Mask of Life from the titan Mata Nui set. I'll get you, but not just yet. My favorite one I got was getting a Chrome Hau in a sealed Power Pack for a great price. Benefits of stalking ebay at night.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Thankfully I've managed to acquire the items I talk about, but for a while, it was the Power Pack. I loved the Mctoran design (still do to this day), and immediately bought the Boxor when it first hit shelves, but I could never find the Power Pack in stores. Until one day, I finally found a whole display full of Power Packs in a Walmart! There must had been at least 20. However, I had just been at Karate practice prior and didn't have my wallet with me, and my mother refused to buy it for me even though I had the money in my wallet and would have given it to her the second we had gotten home. I was devastated. When I discovered Bricklink around 2008, the very first purchase I made was for a sealed Power Pack for $15 USD which is a steal considering the prices it runs these days.

Another one would be the UK Copper Mask pack with the Komau and Huna. I wanted that pack for many years, and I actually tried buying one off Bricklink a few years ago, but the seller couldn't locate it and refunded me my money. I ended up buying one just a few weeks ago off Bricklink and I'm happy with the price I paid.