Six

Maphrox: Toa of Polygons

I liked the comic a lot, nice job! I think this matoran who has no resemblance to anyone on the forum, especially not some kind of toa of a special kind of fruit might be the other Toa, or atleast play an initial role in the plot. The effects are looking nice and the models are great aswell. Only thing is that the speech bubbles look a bit odd. it might just be since its on a dark background though.Anyway nice job on the comic, and keep up the good work,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

WOOT! The Matoran who resembles me with the minor speaking role! =D Loved this comic as well, and I'm eager to see the outcome of his sword.Also, I may or may not wish to tell him anything he wants depending on how many mangosteen he has at one time.Keep it up!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

• 2 weeks later...

That guy at the end looks awesome. I forget its name, but it is still really cool. I can't wait to see the possible fight scene!Glad we got character introductions. I didn't know that the blue one was a Turaga until this. Also, I notice there is some new armor on Vohon, which looks great.And then me, sprawled by the side of the road. :PGreat comic as always, and I am very excited to see more!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really epic. I love how he explains everything he does. I think my favorite part was how he says, 'you can collapse now.'Only thing I thing I can suggest for the comic is maybe use white borders around panels. It will help especially with the darker panels.Nice job on the comic and keep up the good work,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... That was by far... incredibly amazing...I'm not sure what it is but it looks like the graphics improved if that is even possible. I liked the Vahki TV, I think its funny. I really like how this comic developed a lot to the story line. Its a very interesting and compelling story you've made and I'm eager to see more.These comics are really epic and are worth the wait, and I'm glad you are taking the time to make these comics.Awesome job on the comic and keep up the good work!~Soran

See, this is what I think of when I think "3D Comics". The models look like the sets, the colors are vivid and the angles are used to their advantage. The story is getting off to a good start and everything in general is looking to be a significant improvement over your old series.(haha i actually remembered this time i feel so acomplished)

This was an amazing comic. This really sets up the tone for the next one, which I hope will have the fight scene with the Vahki thing and Vohon. Also, I REALLY love that design for Vohon. Vahki cam was also a great touch XDReally enjoyed this comic, and am always eager for the next.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely amazing. I really like the visual aids you added when he explained about the Kranua. I also like the humorous ending, really helps give it that Bionicle feel. I'm thinking it will end up turning into glass as well. As soon as I read the comic, my first thought was Lewa's line in MoL, 'Haha, makes glass'.The sand effect looked good in my opinion, its hard to get those down but you did quite well on it.Nice job on the comic and keep up the great work,~Soran

Wow. You've actually managed to impress me even more than you had done so already, Maphrox.Those 3D Models still look great and they look astounding when put into action, especially the Kranua.I seriously love how the Kranua looks.The sand effect, while could've been better, didn't really stick out too much from the overall style of the comic.(Other than the brush effect that it gives)Great work, Maphrox!-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

There is problem, it says the page cannot be found.Nevermind.The fire effect was decent, but the lava was AWESOME! Edited by Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

That comic was awesome. The fire effects aren't too bad, they actually look pretty good. The battle was awesome and the jokes were funny. I'm a little confused about the weapons of the main characters though. Other then that there is nothing wrong.Nice job and keep up the great work,~Soran

How did Rebdob throw Vohon more than 20 feet in the air? He's like, half Vohon's size. On a side note, maybe you should try some blurring effects to simulate movement, because it looked like Vohon was floating for a second. Also, I feel that the mid-air conversation was a trifle long. On the other hand, the melting effect was awesome.

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

I like Vohon, he's a funny character, he's so slow. This comic also has this nice feeling in its story, its really this little cool resistance force with different characters working together in a time of, um, oppression? You get what I'm trying to say, after all, you made the comic. Also, remember me? Your first GS. =D I have a question for you, did you make every part yourself or...? The 3D models are so close to the originals, so yeah, I'm curious.

Answer time! (Because that needs to happen at some point. No comic in this post.)

I like Vohon, he's a funny character, he's so slow. This comic also has this nice feeling in its story, its really this little cool resistance force with different characters working together in a time of, um, oppression? You get what I'm trying to say, after all, you made the comic.Also, remember me? Your first GS. =DI have a question for you, did you make every part yourself or...? The 3D models are so close to the originals, so yeah, I'm curious.

It's all modeled by me, yes. (Sort of. The "hand piece" is the result of me cleaning up the topology of a BNG model, but that basically meant re-modelling the whole thing.)

the fire effects were decent and the lava was cool , but next time try to add a little red in it then it would look more realistic.

Actually, no. It's molten glass, which at the temperatures we're talking about tends to be more bright yellow. (Although the colour is a bit off, yes. Good orange colours are hard to get in Cycles on high-emission materials.)

How did Rebdob throw Vohon more than 20 feet in the air? He's like, half Vohon's size. On a side note, maybe you should try some blurring effects to simulate movement, because it looked like Vohon was floating for a second. Also, I feel that the mid-air conversation was a trifle long. On the other hand, the melting effect was awesome.

He's done a lot of self-modification to optimize his own body's performance. He can at the very least stop a Kranua trying to do the stabby thing it does in comic 14, panel 4 several times in a row. And it wasn't really a throw, more of a kick with both feet while upside-down.As for motion blur, it tends to be more trouble than it's worth due to how I actually make the comics leaving me with useless vector data for any of the internal motion blur in Blender, while GIMP's motion blur has its own problems that I can't really fix without adding even more work, and that tends to cause issues with actually finishing the comic.Which reminds me, I should be making that comic that's not in this post instead of making this post.

I make stuff sometimes.

Wow. It seems like we're returning to the "nameless horror" version of Teridax. I also like how you managed to reinstate the danger of Nargax. Not many can pull that off. My guess is that Ol' Terry is going to make a shadow Toa. Or just a corrupted toa, depending on how you're making this work. I can see how Nargax has all the traits of a Toa, but in a darker shade. By the way, what sort of Matoran was Nargax before he was corrupted?

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

I liked the puppeteer effect you gave to Makuta. Very reminiscent of MNOG. It seems odd, however, that there would be the Spherus Magna Symbol, since he completely disregarded that planet.

• 3 weeks later...
And now, back to the main characters.Comic work is a bit slow since I'm on vacation, will probably speed up once I get back to school and don't have to spend long stretches of time away from the computer again....It's usually the other way around, I know. Edited by Maphrox: Toa of Polygons

I make stuff sometimes.

It was a great "flamethrower" effect, but the crystallized Kralhi looked less like glass and more like metal, or energized protodermis. Glass should be transparent, and if you are feeling productive, should have some mineral imperfections in it.

Edited by Jovan2

... not sure where to start... um... oh right, I remember your older works (from back in... what was it again? Long time ago. On the old boards. Wow.), and after seeing your new banner I thought I'd check out your work again - whoah you improved so much. The light, the textures, the models - it looks fantastic.Although because of randomly clicking on the latest comic I'm not all too sure about the story right now, however, I think I'll try my best to catch up with everything, and definitely keep on checking back. Awesome work! :D

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

• 2 weeks later...