Quest for Malyta alternate tile?

MetroidwaveX50

According to Biosector01, an alternate tile was available for the Quest for Makuta board game, as an insert in a Lego Magazine. I'm wondering what issue, as well as if it was limited to any one region.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to change the title? I didn't notice the typo when I posted this from my phone....

Edited by MetroidwaveX50

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

I found it!

http://www.maskofdestiny.com/archiveimage.asp?i=2489

Apparently, it was given out in the 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour way back when, not in any issue of the magazine.

Go figure.

That makes it much harder to track down....

Edited by MetroidwaveX50

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

Huh, neat! There's so little we know about the Bionicle tours. It stinks they weren't better documented.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Huh, neat! There's so little we know about the Bionicle tours. It stinks they weren't better documented.

A lot of the early stuff wasn't properly documented. Like the 'Rainbow Trading Card' available in 2002 with purchase of some multipack, or the first comic mentioning going online to find out how Pohatu found his first mask.

To this day, I have no idea if this referred to his Kakama, or one he picked up before meeting Kopaka.

Or what length axle came in the 2001 Kanohi packs! For the record, 2 length 3 axles, one extra.   

• Upvote 1

A lot of the early stuff wasn't properly documented. Like the 'Rainbow Trading Card' available in 2002 with purchase of some multipack, or the first comic mentioning going online to find out how Pohatu found his first mask.

Ooh, haven't heard about that trading card. Got any links to whatever info we have on it?

With the Pohatu thing, at least we know the url lines up with Pohatu's bio on the old site. So either the story was removed early on (before the versions of the page we can get with Wayback Machine) or it was never put up in the first place - considering there was no shortage of cancelled/delayed content on the Bionicle site over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if it was never there. But it could have been. 

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Ooh, haven't heard about that trading card. Got any links to whatever info we have on it?

With the Pohatu thing, at least we know the url lines up with Pohatu's bio on the old site. So either the story was removed early on (before the versions of the page we can get with Wayback Machine) or it was never put up in the first place - considering there was no shortage of cancelled/delayed content on the Bionicle site over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if it was never there. But it could have been. 

I was looking through the archives earlier today.

Here's the story regarding the card: http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=115

They promised a follow up.

They lied

That's definitely not in my copy of the magazine! It may be they got it confused with the Shop at  Home catalog that month - I don't remember anything from that either, but I don't have it on hand so I can't double-check.

On the other hand, it looks like it's Black Six that reported the news, so maybe he remembers, or even ordered the pack himself?

It's a 2002 offer, so I can't imagine it involving the then-discontinued Quest for the Masks trading card game, but I don't know what else it could be. The 2002 trading card games didn't exactly have any collect-ability to them - you just bought the theme decks and you had all the cards, simple as that. 

That's definitely not in my copy of the magazine! It may be they got it confused with the Shop at  Home catalog that month - I don't remember anything from that either, but I don't have it on hand so I can't double-check.

On the other hand, it looks like it's Black Six that reported the news, so maybe he remembers, or even ordered the pack himself?

It's a 2002 offer, so I can't imagine it involving the then-discontinued Quest for the Masks trading card game, but I don't know what else it could be. The 2002 trading card games didn't exactly have any collect-ability to them - you just bought the theme decks and you had all the cards, simple as that. 

They definitely had promo cards for that series, though. TRU gave out promotional Gahlok cards in March of 2002.

• 3 weeks later...

What was the ending?

If you're referring to the alternate tile, you have to go to a 'secret destination' after besting Makuta.

The potential destinations are Ta-Koro, Ka-Koro, Ko-Kini, Ko-Kini, Le-Kini, and Le-Koro.

I really loved how the tiles could be arranged to form Mata-Nui proper.

Okay, so I've spent quite a bit digging, and according to Mask of Destiny, the RAINBOW TRADING CARD​ advertisement showed a Pohatu card.

That site is probably the best archive for miscellaneous merchandise from the early years....