• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Torii Gate - Sbc #1 Entry

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 26-January 03
  • 5,618 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 16 2011 - 08:59 PM

A long time ago, in a convention far far away... from BrickFair, anyway. XD2010 BrickCon was spectacular... one item I saw built on-site was of particular fond memories. Robin Sather, a LEGO Certified Professional (and only one of the two that goes to BrickCon regularly) built a large DUPLO (and System) Torii gate. Now, his was rather unique in style, shape and size... especially given it was out of DUPLO.

ORIGINAL HERE

That stuck in my mind for many months. The style and design spoke to me a lot more than I realized, the size was different but not important. A few months ago, I decided I was going to build a different style Torii gate, but in System and not Duplo.I built it.

Posted Image

(Flickr Set)The added advantage of building it with shop parts? Now the studio I work at can use it in education camps, so even if I don't win, it still gets used for something.

Edited by Swert, Dec 16 2011 - 09:07 PM.

MinewellSig.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users