The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

Could be interesting, but I think it could use more of a hook. We know people go missing when they swim in the lake, and we know there's a green door in the sewers that can't be opened, but if the RPG is about solving the mystery of what's behind that door, is there anything else for our potential mystery-solvers to work with?

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

Oh, I could talk about the sightings of Mr. Aleksandrov around town.And the fact that his eyes are pure white, and he has the apparent strength of ten men.Basilisk: Dynamite isn't around here. I mean, you may have retired military, but that strong of explosives aren't common in a small town.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

There is this mystical place called the internet.

Plus, I see very little preventing us from leaving town for a "shopping trip".

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

And we now know, apparently, that it is neither a mining town nor a farming town. Mining would have explosives, and certain fertilizers can be made into explosives. And unless Mr. Aleksandrov has the skull thickness of ten men, a hunting rifle would do for him. One in the brain-pan if he starts raising a fuss, and then politely ask his next-of-kin if they'd like to donate his body to science.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I was about to say world hunger, but then I remembered what goes well with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Oh, but shooting things is so 19th century.Nah, in seriousness... Aleksandrov hasn't been violent toward anyone.And there's always the- well, spoilers.Explosives can be made, yes. But really? Trying to blow something up near the town's center, near gas mains?When there really isn't proof?

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

I'm sorry, you're expecting our characters to be perfectly rational people? Reckless conspiracy nuts seem so much more fun for this idea.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Gee, some vanishes into the pipes and someone who can benchpress a bus shows up.

You are assuming we'll be playing moral people.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Plus all those disappearances into the lake. Considering that rural fishermen in China use waterproof explosives, I don't think it's completely improbable for a paranoid nut in whatever country we're putting this town in to drop some into a lake on the off chance that Cthulhu's in there.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Wait so the City Council is actively trying to keep this stuff both going on and hidden?

'Kay.

Guess I know where my paranoid lunatic is going to start. Makes sense, anyway - those sorts always blame it on either the government, aliens, or governmaliens. Or lizard people.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Basilisk remember that since Demons are possessing creatures a brain dead demon could just be overridden by its host, so you may want to work a bit on your plan. Dovahkiin: While I did design things with mainly Students in mind I'm open to other Character plans as long as the Profiles are well written. Those will be on a case by case basis. Also Basilisk and Ymper, you're leaving me concerned for the well being of the Academy. Of course that would make things interesting.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Eh. I guess I'll just eat them then.

In the metaphysical sense.

You didn't watch Macgyver much did you?

Well, you haven't told us what sort of town this is, but unless they have support going rather higher than the city council (speaking of, is the mayor in on it too? Does the town have a mayor?), the guards aren't going to have military gear, either. The general feel I'm getting so far points to a rural town, which means low-budget guards, especially if they want to keep it low-profile enough to, say, cover up the fact that they've got freaking guards posted on a mysterious green door in the sewer.

And I still don't know what country this town is in. Town name says Anglophone, yet the only named resident we have has a distinctly Russian surname.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Alright so I'm going to post some ideas of my own and the ones I like. I'll let people tell me their favorite.

Umbra Bellum

The Ghost War

The Shadow War

Liberare

Beyond the Shroud

The Final Chronicle

Ultimatum Saeculum

Attero Dominatus

Fin

Feel free to share any other ideas you might come up with.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Could be good.Also, I have an idea for another type of "caster" for your RPG. A "siphon", he/she can draw energy from a different plane of existance and can cast classic wizard stuff, like fireballs and lightning and similar stuff

Edited by sonyaxe

Eh, I'd rather not use such a specialization, Humans aren't supposed to really have any innate powers and seeing them casting Fireballs and what not in this RPG just doesn't seem to fit. Besides I already have Smiters who depending on the nature of their contract might be able to perform similar tasks.

Anyhow unless anyone has any objections I'll be submitting it with the name Epilogue. Also if anyone is interested in Co-GMing send me a PM with your reason for interest, I'll give you a look over.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Ok, here is my RPG draft that I will be submitting for approval in 3 days time. All feedback submitted before that time will be EXTREMELY appreciated. Also, I still need a couple of moderators, so PM me if you are interested.

Here is the RPG vvvv (click the spoiler)

Bakugan RPG: The Reign of Naga.

By all rights, none of us should be here.

The world should have exploded, or been ripped to shreds.

But it didn’t.

And that is almost worse than if it had.

Ever since the Bakugan fell from the sky, nothing has been the same for me. At first, everyone thought it was a game, but strange occurrences started happing. Bakugan started to talk, battlefields started collapsing, and the barrier between Earth and Vestroia, the universe that the Bakugan came from, started to collapse.

Most of us didn’t notice this much until dimensional gate appeared in the ocean, bringing with it the supreme evil of Vestroia, Naga. He was a gigantic dragon had absorbed the Silent Core, which was made of negative energy that he hoped to use to take over the world with. Only one thing stood in his way. The Bakugan Battle Brawlers. They were a team composed of six brawlers, the best battlers in the world. Each was a master of their attribute.

They crumbled like a wet paper bag before Naga’s assault.

Naga then absorbed the Infinity Core after defeating his sister Wavern, giving him control over the entire universe. Four of the Brawlers -Marucho, Julie, Alice and Runo- were exposed to the silent core with their Bakugan and turned to Naga’s side. With them, Alice reverted back to Masquerade, the greatest Bakugan Brawler in the world.

But that was three years ago. Naga has subjugated the world’s governments and brought Earth under martial law. However, there is still hope.

Shun and Dan, the two greatest Brawlers, managed to escape, along with a few hundred children that still had their Bakugan. They… no, we managed to get to an abandoned military base somewhere off the coast of Cape Horn on a large island. We set up there, and with the help of our Bakugan, created a fortress that has never, and will never, be breached. From that fortress, the resistance harasses Naga, mainly by taking over bases or getting rid of supply trains to his massive armies.

We are the Resistance. We will take back the world.

Battling

Battles will be decided using Gate Cards, Ability Cards, and of course the Bakugan. To start a battle, one person will “set” a Gate Card, or throw it on the ground. This will be the surface that the Bakugan battle on. In a battle, you can have twelve Ability Cards, three Gate Cards, and three Bakugan.

A good, basic battle would be where one of the 2+ brawlers throws down one gate card. Each brawler throws one Bakugan onto it, and the battle commences. The owner of the gate card can then say, “Gate card open!” and the gate card will have some special effect. Once this happens, brawlers can use ability cards. Brawlers use abilities to attempt to overpower their opponents bakugan, while the two Bakugan duke it out on the field. One Bakugan will eventually be defeated, usually by an ability that one brawler was too slow to counter, or just by overpowering the other Bakugan using Gate cards and Ability strength boosts, in which case the stronger Bakugan may do some mixed martial arts to finish off his opponent :P. If a Bakugan manages to land a hit that would be under normal circumstances a mortal blow, the other Bakugan will return to ball form. The battle continues like this, each player taking turns throwing down a card, until one person’s Bakugan have all been defeated. Once a Bakugan has lost a battle, it cannot be used for the rest of the brawl. When all of one person's Bakugan have been defeated, the battle ends.

Bakugan

Bakugan are normally large, monterous creatures. But on Earth, they take the form of a small ball about the size of a walnut. In this RPG, however, Vestroia and Earth merged, so Bakugan can choose to be in their ball form or in their normal form. There are six attributes of Bakugan, indicated by their color. They are Pyrus (fire), Aquos (water), Haos (light), Ventus (wind), Sub-terra (ground) and Darkus (shadow). Normally, each battler keeps only one attribute of Bakugan with them, but that is not always the case. Bakugan have different traits based on what Bakugan they are and their attribute. For example, a Ventus Bakugan would be faster than a Sub-terra, but the Sub-terra would be stronger. Your ability cards and gate cards can strengthen your Bakugan, and the cards can also unlock their various powers.

List of Bakugan…

Bee Striker · Centipoid · Cycloid · El Condor · Falconeer · Fear Ripper · Fourtress · Gargonoid ·Griffon· Harpus · Hynoid · Juggernoid · Laserman · Limulus · Manion · Mantris · Monarus · Rattleoid · Ravenoid · Reaper · Robotallion · Saurus · Serpenoid ·Siege Sirenoid · Stinglash · Tentaclear Terrorclaw ·Tuskor · Warius · Wormquake

Gate Cards and Ability Cards

Gate Cards:

These cards are a crucial part of any battle. With them, you can do anything from raising your strength to switching attributes. In a battle, you would have three Gate Cards of your choice.

A list of available Gate Cards:

Spoiler

Ability Cards:

Ability cards can determine the fate of an entire battle. You can have ten of your choice in a battle. These cards are more diverse than Gate Cards, and can have battle changing effects.

A list of available Ability Cards:

Spoiler

Factions:

There are really two factions in this RPG. The Resistance, which is composed almost entirely of kids, is led by Dan, Shun, and Kai mostly, and the Legion of Naga, which is comprised of adults mostly that have been trained to use Bakugan and is led by Naga.

Locations:

Fortress of Wrath: Naga’s main base. It is centered in what was once New York City, in the United Nations building. Apparently, he found it funny that humans could ever be united in any way. The weapon systems on this place are HUGE. Meaning, if you don’t have the pass code ready in about 2.637 seconds, you will be blasted to atomized bits. If you are a member of the Legion of Naga, you will most likely start here.

Parade Grounds: Within the Fortress of Wrath, there are many open spaces where soldiers drill and practice battling. Soldiers also trade news, eat, and spend what little leisure time they have on these large fields.

Weapon Station: This is where most of the fortress’s weapons are controlled from. Pretty basic, but you have to be pretty high ranked or respected to set foot in here. Occasionally, missions are planned in this room.

Redemption H.Q.: This is the central hub of all of the Resistance’s missions. There aren’t many weapons, but this fortress is naturally protected by the year-round storms that rage around the island it was built on, courtesy of some volunteer Aquos Bakugan. If you are a part of the Resistance, you will most likely start here.

Battle Park: A large, sunny, verdant park filled with flowers and trees, and also brawlers wishing to hone their skills. Most of the time, this is where people train and hang out.

Mess Hall: A place to eat, hang out, and just talk about anything.

Command and Control: A large, tiered, circular arena where missions are planned. Everyone is allowed to listen and give their input or ideas, and missions are planned by everyone, not just the leaders, using a democratic, voting procedure.

Most other places, such as cities, forests, mountains, etc. will be basically the same. Cities are constantly changing hands as the Legion and the Resistance battle it out.

Rules:

1. Follow all BZRPG rules

2. Follow any guidelines listed above

3. No meta-gaming.

Meta-gaming is using information in you IC posts that you character could not possibly know. This, I realize, could be a real problem in this RPG, Seeing as you can see what Bakugan and cards the others have. Just don’t do it.

4. Use IC for in character posts and OOC for out of character posts.

5. Be respectful

6. Have fun!

Character:

Your character will be a kid, 12-16 years old if you are in the resistance, or an adult, from about 25-38, if you are in the Legion of Naga.

Character sign-up sheet.

Name:

Faction:

Main Attribute: (Pyrus, Aquos, etc…)

Appearance: (please, more than ten words at least)

Personality: (self explanatory)

Background: (optional)

Bakugan: (Use the list that is up farther in this post. List their type and attribute.)

Here is some extra info:

After about 20 posts in this RPG, and after you win at least four brawls, I may see fit to reward you with a talking Bakugan. All staff will automatically have one.

This is my first RPG. Please, if there is any confusion, comments, or criticism on ANYTHING, don’t hesitate to ask.

On Talking, or Guardian, Bakugan: These Bakugan are Bakugan that have seen fit, whether through chattiness our seeing potential in their brawler, to talk to them. Be creative, give your Bakugan a personality! For example, a Seige may have a chivalrous personality, or a Robatallion may be like Spock. Be creative!

Edited by sonyaxe

Woops... He, my bad, I knew I forgot something. Thank you for reminding me.Would anyone like to cohost for my Bakugan RPG?EDIT: The X is cohosting for me. I will post the RPG in three days. Also, there are two staff positions left, PM if interested.

Edited by sonyaxe