• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

• Please log in to reply
6422 replies to this topic

#5681 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 05:30 PM

Could be interesting, but I think it could use more of a hook. We know people go missing when they swim in the lake, and we know there's a green door in the sewers that can't be opened, but if the RPG is about solving the mystery of what's behind that door, is there anything else for our potential mystery-solvers to work with?

Edited by The Zytrix, Jul 07 2013 - 05:31 PM.

brokenmr.jpg

#5682 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 05:38 PM

Oh, I could talk about the sightings of Mr. Aleksandrov around town.And the fact that his eyes are pure white, and he has the apparent strength of ten men.Basilisk: Dynamite isn't around here. I mean, you may have retired military, but that strong of explosives aren't common in a small town.

"They're smarter, faster, and stronger than us. Fantastic."

#5683 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 05:41 PM

There is this mystical place called the internet.

Plus, I see very little preventing us from leaving town for a "shopping trip".

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#5684 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 05:48 PM

And we now know, apparently, that it is neither a mining town nor a farming town. Mining would have explosives, and certain fertilizers can be made into explosives. And unless Mr. Aleksandrov has the skull thickness of ten men, a hunting rifle would do for him. One in the brain-pan if he starts raising a fuss, and then politely ask his next-of-kin if they'd like to donate his body to science.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

#5685 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 05:51 PM

Oh violence, is there anything you can't solve?

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#5686 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 05:53 PM

I was about to say world hunger, but then I remembered what goes well with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

#5687 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 05:58 PM

Oh, but shooting things is so 19th century.Nah, in seriousness... Aleksandrov hasn't been violent toward anyone.And there's always the- well, spoilers.Explosives can be made, yes. But really? Trying to blow something up near the town's center, near gas mains?When there really isn't proof?

#5688 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm sorry, you're expecting our characters to be perfectly rational people? Reckless conspiracy nuts seem so much more fun for this idea.

#5689 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 06:03 PM

Gee, some vanishes into the pipes and someone who can benchpress a bus shows up.

You are assuming we'll be playing moral people.

Edited by Basilisk, Jul 07 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#5690 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 06:05 PM

Plus all those disappearances into the lake. Considering that rural fishermen in China use waterproof explosives, I don't think it's completely improbable for a paranoid nut in whatever country we're putting this town in to drop some into a lake on the off chance that Cthulhu's in there.

#5691 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 06:08 PM

Sorry, haven't said something rather important >_<Aleksandrov disappeared into the /lake/.Besides, the City Council has posted guards around the door- (AGGHHHH THEME SONG INVADING HEAD.......better) because someone did try to blow it up. :P

#5692 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 06:10 PM

So we have to kill some guards.

I fail to see the problem.

#5693 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 06:11 PM

Wait so the City Council is actively trying to keep this stuff both going on and hidden?

'Kay.

Guess I know where my paranoid lunatic is going to start. Makes sense, anyway - those sorts always blame it on either the government, aliens, or governmaliens. Or lizard people.

#5694 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 06:15 PM

Basilisk remember that since Demons are possessing creatures a brain dead demon could just be overridden by its host, so you may want to work a bit on your plan. Dovahkiin: While I did design things with mainly Students in mind I'm open to other Character plans as long as the Profiles are well written. Those will be on a case by case basis. Also Basilisk and Ymper, you're leaving me concerned for the well being of the Academy. Of course that would make things interesting.

#5695 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 06:16 PM

So we have to kill some guards. I fail to see the problem.

I never said you couldn't try. You're just not gonna have military gear without serious black market purchasing.Rover: Go ahead XD

#5696 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 06:17 PM

Eh. I guess I'll just eat them then.

In the metaphysical sense.

You didn't watch Macgyver much did you?

#5697 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 06:20 PM

Well, you haven't told us what sort of town this is, but unless they have support going rather higher than the city council (speaking of, is the mayor in on it too? Does the town have a mayor?), the guards aren't going to have military gear, either. The general feel I'm getting so far points to a rural town, which means low-budget guards, especially if they want to keep it low-profile enough to, say, cover up the fact that they've got freaking guards posted on a mysterious green door in the sewer.

And I still don't know what country this town is in. Town name says Anglophone, yet the only named resident we have has a distinctly Russian surname.

#5698 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 06:44 PM

Well, while ideas are being tossed back and forth, who would be interested in an RPG set on a post-alien-invasion Earth after humanity has barely survived via the use of nuclear weapons? It would have sort of a Fallout-ish vibe to it, but with less radioactive wasteland and more crashed alien motherships.

brokenmr.jpg

#5699 Offline The Lonesome Wanderer

The Lonesome Wanderer
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 692 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 07:32 PM

Sounds neat

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

#5700 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 01:17 AM

I have made the edits to account for location and Founder's name, anything else that people see that I should edit.

Also suggestions for the RPG's name?

Edited by Toa Onarax, Jul 08 2013 - 01:17 AM.

#5701 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 634 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 03:49 PM

aha! after puzzling over the name, what about something like "The Academy"? and the discussion topic something like...ah, what are those things called, where they put up school-wide announcements?

76561198084895102.png

Add me on steam, I don't bite.

probably.

also, if you can see this text, you get a brownie C:

#5702 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 04:10 PM

If I recall correctly The Academy was a BZPRPG that was quite popular.

As for Discussion I already have an idea for that. 

#5703 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 634 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 04:20 PM

well then, what about "The Venator Academy"?

76561198084895102.png

Add me on steam, I don't bite.

probably.

also, if you can see this text, you get a brownie C:

#5704 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 04:37 PM

"They Who Fight Monsters"? 

"Beyond the Shroud"? 

Something with "Chronicles" in it?

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#5705 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 05:01 PM

Alright so I'm going to post some ideas of my own and the ones I like. I'll let people tell me their favorite.

Umbra Bellum

The Ghost War

The Shadow War

Liberare

Beyond the Shroud

The Final Chronicle 

Ultimatum Saeculum

Attero Dominatus

Fin

Feel free to share any other ideas you might come up with.

Edited by Toa Onarax, Jul 08 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#5706 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 05:06 PM

Attero Dominatus.

Because I'm a Sabaton fanboy.

#5707 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 05:34 PM

Attero Dominatus sounds pretty good to me.

#5708 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 01:14 AM

Just got the suggestion for the name being Epilogue. I personally really like it, anyone else?

#5709 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 01:33 AM

Could be good.Also, I have an idea for another type of "caster" for your RPG. A "siphon", he/she can draw energy from a different plane of existance and can cast classic wizard stuff, like fireballs and lightning and similar stuff

Edited by sonyaxe, Jul 09 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#5710 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 03:17 PM

Eh, I'd rather not use such a specialization, Humans aren't supposed to really have any innate powers and seeing them casting Fireballs and what not in this RPG just doesn't seem to fit. Besides I already have Smiters who depending on the nature of their contract might be able to perform similar tasks.

Anyhow unless anyone has any objections I'll be submitting it with the name Epilogue. Also if anyone is interested in Co-GMing send me a PM with your reason for interest, I'll give you a look over.

#5711 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 04:08 PM

Ok, here is my RPG draft that I will be submitting for approval in 3 days time. All feedback submitted before that time will be EXTREMELY appreciated. Also, I still need a couple of moderators, so PM me if you are interested.

Here is the RPG vvvv (click the spoiler)

Spoiler

Edited by sonyaxe, Jul 10 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#5712 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'd get a co-host before you submit it if I were you. Because if you don't, the first thing I'm going to say is "I can't approve this, you don't have a co-host"

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#5713 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 04:51 PM

That's what I'm doing, my bad for not making that clearer.

#5714 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 05:29 PM

I was talking to sonyaxe actually :P

#5715 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 05:30 PM

Ah. Once again, my bad.

#5716 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 06:46 PM

Woops... He, my bad, I knew I forgot something. Thank you for reminding me.Would anyone like to cohost for my Bakugan RPG?EDIT: The X is cohosting for me. I will post the RPG in three days. Also, there are two staff positions left, PM if interested.

Edited by sonyaxe, Jul 09 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#5717 Offline The Lonesome Wanderer

The Lonesome Wanderer
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 692 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 09:05 PM

I'll Co-Host.

If I get my Lumitroid.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

#5718 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 09:11 PM

Sorry Lonesome, The X already offered and I accepted. Sorry.EDIT: yes, you can have a lumitroid, whatever it is.

Edited by sonyaxe, Jul 09 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#5719 Offline The Lonesome Wanderer

The Lonesome Wanderer
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 692 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 10 2013 - 10:58 AM

The thing I PM'ed you about

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

#5720 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 10 2013 - 06:29 PM

One more day until the Bakugan RPG!

EDIT: It is submitted!

Edited by sonyaxe, Jul 11 2013 - 01:18 PM.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Parugi