Since the maximum of sixty days has been met with the previous transformers game, I have this nearly ready for submission. Only real thing it needs now is a name...
Cybertron. For countless Metacycles, our home has been a place of peace. The High council kept the peace, while researchers pondered the secrets of the universe. Workers built magnificent structures across the entirety of our home, and the ways of war was unknown to us. The scars of the First Great War were gone, replaced by that of the Golden Age. An age of science, progress, culture, and exploration. Times were good. The Primes, our leaders, watched over us, helped us, pushed us to reach for the stars.
And we did. Yet, after enough time, the Senate, the ruling body of Cybertron, becamee corrupt. As a result, the Decepticons began to appear. Organized by a former miner, now gladiator from Tarn, the Decepticons demanded the abolishment of the caste system put into order by Nominus Prime, and the removal of the Senate. The Decepticons, who were rapidly gaining traction as an Anti-Senate group, declared war upon the Senate and all their supporters, and attacked the Autobots, prompting Sentinel Prime to engage the Decepticon leader, the Kaon Gladiator Megatron, in combat. Sentinel died, and the Senate knew their time was drawing near. The Golden Age was over. The Second Great War had begun between the Autobots, and the Decepticons. In desperation, they ordered the next Prime, Zeta Prime, to use any means necessary to destroy Megatron and his Decepticons. Zeta Prime's continuous crimes in attempt to destroy the Decepticons led to the Autobots betraying him, and aiding the Decepticons to kill Zeta Prime, and dismantle the Senate. To the Autobots, this victory seemed to mark the end of the war, and were anxious to return to peace.
Megatron had other ideas. He quickly ordered his forces to take control of Cybertron, forcing the Autobots back to their bastion in Iacon. Eventually, the war resulted in one outcome. The shutdown of Cybertron. An Exodus was ordered, and the beginnings of a final battle between the Autobot leader, Optimus Prime, the last Prime, and Megatron. In space, heading towards a portal through space and time, the duo engaged in one final battle, resulting in a stalemate in which neither could prevail.
Their ships, The Ark and The Nemesis were lost to the stars. But other ships looked for them. The Distant Light, a repurposed Autobot freighter was one such group of Autobot survivors that hunted for the Ark, hoping to find Optimus Prime, their leader. Arriving over a planet in the system Sol. It was there The Distant Light was attacked by a Decepticon raiding ship called The Corsair. The two ships battled each other in the orbit of this planet. Through the course of the battle, the two ships disabled the other's shields, and dealt enough damage to each other to cause the ships to lose orbit, falling to the planet below.
The survivors of the crash, when re-activated from the emergency landing, found themselves on a new alien world, uncharted, unexplored, and filled with organic lifeforms. As the Autobots and Decepticons start to repair themselves and become acquainted with this new world, their war begins anew.
-An interview with Barnaby Kerry, Director of the multinational energy-development program. This interview was conducted in the military base, and the program's headquarters, located in Gunnison County, United States of America.
Director B. Kerry: (Mumbling: What am I supposed to talk about? Oh, it's on!?) Ah... Earth. It's important. Outside of being a nexus for teleportation technology and what-not, Earth is important. Ever since the first caveman hit a stick on a stone and made the first fire, our planet's been special. Our twin moons, The moon and Luna have made us become dependent on the ocean for time, brighten our nights, as well as the large cultural significance of having three celestial bodies in the sky looking down on us. And yet, as we near the end of the eight decade of the twentieth century, we've still been unable to land a single machine on those two moons.
Interviewer: Please, explain Director.
Director: (Mumbling: I still don't see the purpose...) A prime reason why we haven't been able to accomplish this task is due to the rapid development, and arguments over the substance which the general public dubs, “Energon”. I have no idea how the term was created, but it's seemed to gain enough traction to make it a world-wide common name... Anyway, Energon is a power source capable of producing more power than any other method available to mankind. The US is a large depot of the stuff, and it was one of the biggest reasons the revolution was fought. WWI was instigated in response to a vein of Energon found in Serbia. We almost instigated a world-wide depression by countries refusing to export extra Energon. World War Two began when the middle-east couldn't accept that we had left fossil fuels behind, and vowed to destroy every Energon deposit on the planet. The poor souls didn't anticipate a global alliance in response to their threat.
Interviewer: What happened after that?
Director: The United Nations of Earth was formed. We'd become so dependent on the trade of Energon, that we put aside thousands of differences to ensure we wouldn't run out of Energon. Civil rights and the end of apartheid came about as the result of Energon trade bargains. The communist states are some of our biggest allies, even if their way of thinking is a bit backward...
Interviewer: You must mean the massive technological advances created by the scientists from the UN science department, as well as individual country's work.
Director: Yes. It was only two years ago that our computers required a separate room to work, now they're small enough to carry around in a bag! The Telephone was shrunken down to a Mobile Telecommunication device. Or a 'Mobile' as kids call it. Cars run on electrical power generated from Energon... I could go on and on here.
Interviewer: So, you would say it was a major factor in developing current politics and technology, as well as a shaper of history?
Director: Correct. Without it... I'd guess we'd still be fighting wars over who's right and wrong, and bickering over little things like what kind of government we have.
Interviewer: So, as you said earlier in the interview, what is the primary reason why humanity has failed to utilize Energon to enact space travel?
Director: We've been more focused on traveling on the ground, and to the bottom of the depths I guess. (chuckle) Probably the most clear reason, is that Energon is unstable. If the right amount of force is applied, Energon is capable of generating massive explosions that belly the amount of power that we're capable of harvesting. I do believe however, if humanity pools it's resources-
(There is a loud roar from outside as the building shutters. The force is great enough to knock both the interviewer and the director from their chairs. After the roaring has ended, the sound of a large explosion echoes in the surrounding area. The base alarms begin to sound as the Director clambers to his feet.)
Director: If you excuse me, I need to check to make sure the valuable specimens are still intact. I suggest you get to the emergency shelters for an Energon explosion.
Welcome all, I'm Varren Rehn, and this is Transformers: Regeneration. This RPG is an alternate timeline of the Generation 1 timeline, which for all OOC references, is dubbed 'Primax 013.0 Kappa'. It raises the questions of what would've happened if Optimus and Megatron never arrived at earth? Did other Autobots and Decepticons look for them? And if these other Autobots and Decepticons ever get as far as earth, what sort of adventures would they have?
The rules of the game, which should be followed at all times.
- All BZPower forum rules, OTC forum rules, RPG forum rules, and this RPG's rules should be followed at all times.
- There shouldn't be a reason to use overly-obscene language in this game. Transformers have their own words, such as 'scrap, slug, or rust'. Use those as needed please.
- No God-Modding.
- No Flaming.
- You are not allowed to kill another person's character without their permission.
- Avoid making OOC posts at all costs. You shouldn't make a post that only includes an OOC post, as that usually leads to discussion in the gaming thread.
- You are allowed a current maximum of ten characters.
- You are not allowed to make characters who appeared in the G1 cartoon.
- All characters must be staff-approved before you are allowed to use them in-game.
- All characters require a staff-approvals to be approved for playing.
- All Canon characters must be approved by two staff members.
Head GM: Varren Rehn
While the Transformers universe is quite large, this is a list of the current locations available for play.
- Earth: Earth is in a time period known as '1981', or 'The Twentieth Century'. This version of the earth has two moons, The Moon and Luna. These moons have changed the way time is measured, make the lunar tides much stronger and often, as well as making the nights significantly brighter. Although, humans have advanced their technology a long way, and the results of their efforts have produced faster vehicles, better weapons, and a data-net that could one day spawn robotic-based life similar to that of Cybertron's. In the meantime, humanity is woefully unaware of the Cybertronian's and their war, allowing a golden opportunity for the Autobots or Decepticons to gain the organic humans as allies.
- Autobot Base: The crash zone of The Distant Light, modified to accommodate the Autobots living there. The Autobot base is located on the northeastern slope of Treasure Mountain in Gunnison County, Colorado. The base is equipped with a groundbridge, medical bay, armory, and other amenities that existed upon the ship, or were constructed upon it’s crash.
- Decepticon Base: The crash zone of The Corsair, somewhat modified to accommodate the Decepticons living there. The Decepticon base is located at the coordinates of 6°10'51.07"S, 69°57'4.68"W, or the middle of the amazon jungle. The base is equipped with a groundbridge, medical bay, armory, and other amenities that existed upon the ship, or were constructed upon it’s crash.
Somewhat self-explanatory, these are the species available for playing at the launch of the game.
- Cybertronians: The shape-changing robots from Cybertron, the Cybertronians have crashed on earth as a result of their millennia-long civil war between the Autobots and the Decepticons. As a Cybertronian character, the character has access to an approved alternate form and a robot chassis. The Cybertronian may also carry two approved weapon. To recognize that some Cybertronians have special abilities or multiple alternate modes, a player may have their character have a modification. However, a character with a modification requires two staff approval. If a player wishes to create a character with a Cybertronian alternate form, that player must message the staff, and gain approval from two of the staff member for that vehicle form.
- Humans: The inhabitants of the planet earth, humans are organic carbon-based lifeforms with no special abilities. They are, however, very small, and dominate this planet. Individually, they can not face a Cybertronian and defeat one in battle, but where they lack in individual power, they make up in numbers, and an army of humans could easily take down a single Cybertronian. As a Human character, the character has somehow gotten themselves involved in the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons, and is now trying to live through the secret war raging across their planet. Sometimes the Cybertronians they become involved with might offer them protection, or enlist them to aid in human relations. There are also places humans can go where Cybertronians simply can't. Human's small size, and the fact that they dominate a good majority of the planet, allows a human to go practically everywhere that is important.
Weapons among the transformers are divided into the following categories:
- Acidic Weaponry: Weaponry that uses a corrosive material to accomplish a variety of tasks.
- Concussion Weaponry: Cause a majority of damage through physical force. Most commonly examplified through the use of bullets, or other similar mechanisms.
- Energo Weaponry: Melee weapons that are powered using Energon to cut through stronger substances than normal melee weapon is can cut through. When the energon battery is depleted, the weapon can still be used as a melee weapon.
- Ion Weaponry: A variation of Laser Weaponry, Ion weapons fire quick, strong, and have a cooldown swift enough to become legendary among Cybertronians.
- Laser Weaponry: Guns that fire lasers.
- Neutron Weaponry: Big guns for big bots. Or ships. A small number were equiped upon the Distant Light and the Corsair. A miniaturized version exists, and was known to be the Cybertronian version of the machine gun.
- Null Weaponry: Disables electronics. Extremely helpful.
- Photon Weaponry: Could be compared to both a flamethrower, and a rifle. Variations upon variations exist
- Plasma weapons: Weapons that fire plasma at enemeies.
The following is a list of approved Modifications. Legendary Cybertronians such as Mirage, Hound, The Triple Changers, Soundwave, and more have been known to have special attributes to them. Any player who wishes to equip their character with Modifications, must have a staff approval. Players who wish to create a new Modification must check with the staff first before creating a character with them.
List of Approved Cybertronian Modifications:
- Triple Changer: In their quest for ever-greater machines of war, the Decepticons developed warriors with two distinct alternate forms. These Triple Changers can travel by land and air with equal ease, and in the heat of battle they can rapidly change form to confuse and outflank the enemy. To counter this threat, the Autobots also developed their own group of Triple Changers. A player who is making a character with the Triple Changer Modification may have their Cybertronian possess two alternate modes instead of one. However, to accommodate the extra alternate mode, Triple Changers have less armor to make room for necessary parts to transform between the alternate modes.
- Mini-Cassettes (Recordabots/Recordicons) and Deployers: Occasionally, a Cybertronian might modify themselves so that they may carry a group of smaller robots. This smaller robots can be deployed from the Cybertronian's body in the form of data-discs or the human equivalents of CD's or Cassettes. A player who wishes to create a Cybertronian (The Deployer) who has been modified to carry Mini-Cassettes must have other players to control the Mini-Cassettes. A deployer can only carry up to five Mini-Cassettes within it's body.
- Cloaking: Some Autobots and Decepticons, to further their stealth abilities, have installed or subjected themselves to experiments involving Cloaking technology. Those who survive this instillations and experiments have the ability to turn themselves invisible to the common optic sensor. However, a well-alert being has the ability to detect a Cybertronian using cloaking technology. They also appear on radar , infared, and thermal sensors.
The multiple factions that have been formed in-game.
- Autobot: The Autobots are one of the primary factions in the Transformers mythos. They usually find themselves defending both their own race and other species against the Decepticons and upholding justice and freedom throughout the galaxy.
- Decepticon: The Decepticons are one of the primary factions in the Transformers mythos. They are typically concerned with such things as conquering Cybertron, defeating the Autobots, amassing large quantities of energon, developing powerful weaponry, and beating people up. Not necessarily in that order.
- Governments of Earth: The Varous governing bodies of Earth. Differences in culture, religion, or state of mind have resulted in humans creating separate nations for themselves. They are unified through the United Nations, a group formed after World War II to help with foreign relations, as well as regulate Energon trade.
Name: (Character name)
Species: (Cybertronian or Homo Sapien. For now.)
Gender: (Robots are people too. It's just that they don't reproduce. However, human genders are much more distinct than Cybertronian genders.)
Faction: (Autobots, Decepticons, etc.)
Appearance: (A detailed description or image of how your character looks.)
Alternate Mode: (Cybertronians can shapeshift into an alternate form that can be used for transportation, combat, or other functions.)
Weapons: (Keep it realistic and not overpowered; no character is going to wield the Star Saber.)
Personality: (How your character thinks, feels, and acts)
Skills/Special Abilities: (Realism please, no single character can be good at everything.)
Weakness: (Nobody's invincible)
Bio: (Where is your character from? How did they get here? Any notable events in their life?)
Edited by Varren Rehn, Jul 22 2013 - 01:05 PM.