The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

Sorry, you're a little late to the party. Cupcake Killer made a Pony RPG before you did, check back in the topic, it's not really far back at all. Oh yeah, and people have made multiple Pony RPGs before, none were approved. Soo... yeah, have fun.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

That it's a pony RPG is hardly the reason to reject this one. That it's simplistic, gives little room for anything but the one objective pointed out, and follows a bizarre capitalization scheme are all more relevant and fixable.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, from what I've seen, Pony RPGs tend to have vague, confusing, or even nonexistent plot points. I enjoy the show enough, but I wouldn't want to play a majority of those RPGs.The best one I've seen so far is CK's RPG, and I have a few issues with that one.

Edited by JiMing

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Sorry, you're a little late to the party. Cupcake Killer made a Pony RPG before you did, check back in the topic, it's not really far back at all. Oh yeah, and people have made multiple Pony RPGs before, none were approved.Soo... yeah, have fun.

Let's humor him.

That it's a pony RPG is hardly the reason to reject this one. That it's simplistic, gives little room for anything but the one objective pointed out, and follows a bizarre capitalization scheme are all more relevant and fixable.

Humoring has been accomplished.

a roleplay with ponies? it makes the others need to be about 20% cooler to keep up.

IF THIS IS NOT ALLOWED, SHUT IT DOWN.

Twilight was on her way back to ponyville when she noticed a colt was starring at her for the longest time.

then she saw another pony pass by with the exact same look. she kept it to herself... until she got off the train.

duplicates were everywhere! she zapped one and the blast revealed a bug like wing and the false pony hissed, and more colts and mares surrounded her! SHE WAS TRAPPED!

She was knocked out and sent to a mysterious cave, where the queen was standing right behind her. twilight looked around, half of ponyville was trapped in the cave, along with all her friends!

I, QUEEN CHRYSALIS SHALL FEED ON YOUR LOVE!

YOUR PRECIOUS EQUESTRIA IS MINE!

Changlings have invaded Equestria! Find and terminate any false ponies you find!

Rules:

most RP rules apply

Only admins can be changlings

no automatically knowing where the mane 6 are. (aka location of cave)

No Allicorns

up to 2 players

No all-powerful unicorns

No breaking speed of sound without consulting a wing inspector (admin)

HAVE FUN

Pony making sheet

Name: What's your name?

Colt or mare

Pegasus, earth pony, or unicorn

Appearance and cutie mark: Pics Widely accepted

Job: what do you do for $

Personality: what your like

specialty: what your best at (should correspond with your cutie mark)

Background: What your life has been like

Other: Put flaws here (mandatory)

you may start in cloudsdale, ponyville, and Canterlot.

admins will keep you posted on the mane 6's struggles.

I'll tell you the same thing I told the people writing the Transformers RPG, stop making RPGs that pander to a specific fandom. Would I play an MLP RPG? No. Would somebody do it who wasn't a fan of the show? Maybe. But not when you don't describe anything. What the heck is an Earth Pony? What, in the context of this, is a Unicorn? Just a horned horse? Does it have magic curing powers? Can only virgin maidens ride one? You need to make an RPG so that anyone can step in and play it.

Admittedly, though, MLP is one of those things that's a niche; while I can see other people with little knowledge of the setting going to play a Lovecraft RPG or whatever for the cool factor, this... eh. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try, though.

In the context of RPG story-telling, another issue - the NPCs are not the main characters. The players are. There should not be a group of NPCs going around playing and being the hero, that's why you have the players there for. If you're putting the NPCs as the main protagonists and antagonists, you're writing an epic. If you have an antagonist, it should be up to the players to defeat it (if they can).

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Sorry, you're a little late to the party. Cupcake Killer made a Pony RPG before you did, check back in the topic, it's not really far back at all. Oh yeah, and people have made multiple Pony RPGs before, none were approved.Soo... yeah, have fun.

Let's humor him.

Humoring has been accomplished.

a roleplay with ponies? it makes the others need to be about 20% cooler to keep up.

IF THIS IS NOT ALLOWED, SHUT IT DOWN.

Twilight was on her way back to ponyville when she noticed a colt was starring at her for the longest time.

then she saw another pony pass by with the exact same look. she kept it to herself... until she got off the train.

duplicates were everywhere! she zapped one and the blast revealed a bug like wing and the false pony hissed, and more colts and mares surrounded her! SHE WAS TRAPPED!

She was knocked out and sent to a mysterious cave, where the queen was standing right behind her. twilight looked around, half of ponyville was trapped in the cave, along with all her friends!

I, QUEEN CHRYSALIS SHALL FEED ON YOUR LOVE!

YOUR PRECIOUS EQUESTRIA IS MINE!

Changlings have invaded Equestria! Find and terminate any false ponies you find!

Rules:

most RP rules apply

Only admins can be changlings

no automatically knowing where the mane 6 are. (aka location of cave)

No Allicorns

up to 2 players

No all-powerful unicorns

No breaking speed of sound without consulting a wing inspector (admin)

HAVE FUN

Pony making sheet

Name: What's your name?

Colt or mare

Pegasus, earth pony, or unicorn

Appearance and cutie mark: Pics Widely accepted

Job: what do you do for $

Personality: what your like

specialty: what your best at (should correspond with your cutie mark)

Background: What your life has been like

Other: Put flaws here (mandatory)

you may start in cloudsdale, ponyville, and Canterlot.

admins will keep you posted on the mane 6's struggles.

I'll tell you the same thing I told the people writing the Transformers RPG, stop making RPGs that pander to a specific fandom. Would I play an MLP RPG? No. Would somebody do it who wasn't a fan of the show? Maybe. But not when you don't describe anything. What the heck is an Earth Pony? What, in the context of this, is a Unicorn? Just a horned horse? Does it have magic curing powers? Can only virgin maidens ride one? You need to make an RPG so that anyone can step in and play it.

Admittedly, though, MLP is one of those things that's a niche; while I can see other people with little knowledge of the setting going to play a Lovecraft RPG or whatever for the cool factor, this... eh. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try, though.

In the context of RPG story-telling, another issue - the NPCs are not the main characters. The players are. There should not be a group of NPCs going around playing and being the hero, that's why you have the players there for. If you're putting the NPCs as the main protagonists and antagonists, you're writing an epic. If you have an antagonist, it should be up to the players to defeat it (if they can).

Well, speaking as somewhat with very limited experience of the show I'd assume that "Earth Pony" is supposed to refer to a regular pony that isn't a unicorn or Pegasus; though that does seem a bit odd since I'm not sure My Little Pony is supposed to take place on Earth.

To be honest, some franchises lend themselves to role-playing better than others. Star Wars is easy since all you have to do is throw in a few familiar planets, bring out a new Sith Lord/invading army/whatever (seriously, is there ever a point in that franchise where someone isn't trying to conquer/destroy the galaxy?) and let the players either join them or play as jedi knights to fight against them. Heck, you don't even really have to worry about bringing in familiar characters or anything you can make up the majority of it and as long as it has lightsabers people will still recognize it as Star Wars.

That said, I'm sure that there are plenty of franchises that do not lend themselves to roleplaying. An example that immediately springs to mind is Thomas the Tank Engine:

"Welcome to Sodor, you are an engine on the railway and have to do whatever jobs the Fat Controller gives you or else he'll have you scrapped so try not to get into any accidents. Oh, and there's a bunch of nasty diesels who may try and murder you. Have fun!"

I am a little unsure of whether something like My Little Pony would be the kind of thing that lends itself to roleplaying.

would anyone be interested in an RPG set in the Elder Scrolls? unlike the Doctor Who RPG I suggested a few pages back, this type of RPG would be fairly easy to play and manage.

I don't really know much about Elder Scrolls (I assume there are some scrolls, and perhaps they're elderly), so I can't say how I'd feel about one.

would anyone be interested in an RPG set in the Elder Scrolls? unlike the Doctor Who RPG I suggested a few pages back, this type of RPG would be fairly easy to play and manage.

I don't really know much about Elder Scrolls (I assume there are some scrolls, and perhaps they're elderly), so I can't say how I'd feel about one.

actually, the Elder Scrolls have nearly nothing to do with the games :P

Previously known as Aiwendil.

My Little Pony is a franchise that cannot be given a good roleplay.

When making a game, you have to make two choices: Sacrifice the feel of the show that makes it good and get a good RPG, or keep the mood and get a bad RPG.

CK's RPG is less of a My Little Pony RPG, and more of a War RPG with everyone being a colored horse.

Also, Loganto, CK is working on a My Little Pony RPG, and since one franchise can't have two RPGs, she sort of has the 'right of way' in this situation. She has been working on it longer (As in months), while you did not mention anything about your idea before posting this draft.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

actually, the Elder Scrolls have nearly nothing to do with the games :P

If they have nothing to do with the games than it seems like a very strange choice to name it after them.

If they have nothing to do with the games than it seems like a very strange choice to name it after them.

The Elder Scrolls themselves are one of the most powerful artifacts in the setting, to the point that even the gods have almost no influence over them. Each one tells a different prophecy, and every game of the main series to date has involved one of these prophecies to some extent. Skyrim featured three separate scrolls in its plotline. What makes them special is that it's nearly impossible to divine the prophecy until it's been completed; how it begins and ends is known, but the middle (i.e. the game) is left unfilled.

I may be. The forum wasn't much interested in the one I put out a little over a year back, but frankly, looking over it again, I'm pretty sure that was less for it being Elder Scrolls and more because it was one of the most embarrassingly poorly written RPGs I've ever made.

You had best show some respect for the setting, though. There's a lot more to the setting than just generic medieval fantasy world, and any player of Morrowind can tell you that. Full comprehension of the exact metaphysics involving the towers, the wheel, the nature of Talos, the Thalmor plans, and the process of zero-summing are all musts.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

indeed, they are. when should it be set though? I was thinking sometime during the war that happens in the Elder Scrolls online. from what I've read and understood, it's set about 1000 years before any of the previous games.

I wouldn't recommend setting it anytime during the events of a game that has yet to be released.

If anything, it would be best set during the Third Era during the ten year Imperial Simulacrum due to the numerous wars and conflicts that could be chosen (or perhaps simply a smaller plan by Jagar Tharn that must be thwarted), or during two hundred year span of the Fourth Era leading from the Oblivion Crisis to the events of Skyrim.

Honestly, though, there's way too many options to list them all. Just pick something interesting to you.

More ponies?

Anymore of them show up then I'm authorizing equine hunting licenses. :P

EDIT: Elder Scrolls RPG?

Well. This could go well, or go wrong. So very very wrong. I hear someone call that moon a god's corpse and I'll know exactly how far to stay away from it.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

More ponies?

Anymore of them show up then I'm authorizing equine hunting licenses. :P

couldn't you just get your shoggoths to do it? of course, an equine hunting license would be nice to have....gimme.

They'd be on the list of authorized weapons. Right next to Star Destroyers.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Oh, is that why you were so intent on deorbiting that Seed of Azathoth?

Shush. No one needs to know about that.

Besides, I think we can all agree that Lemura had it coming.

Well. This could go well, or go wrong. So very very wrong. I hear someone call that moon a god's corpse and I'll know exactly how far to stay away from it.

I will personally de-orbit it so that rotting god flesh will spill upon your character, all to prove a point. =P

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I will personally de-orbit it so that rotting god flesh will spill upon your character, all to prove a point. =P

Then I'll kill the world out of spite. :P

That's my go-to plan for high fantasy really.

Edited by Basilisk

Now I'm imagining someone building a massive tower just for the purpose of putting a hook in a dead god's body, said hook being attached to a stout rope, said rope being attached to a sturdy winch. Combine a hearty tug with the hilarious effects of inertia and gravity, and you get what I really hope would be the stupidest extinction event ever.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Ah. Before I forget, Lev, that was not an invite to restart the massive, multi-page debate that raged in the old Elder Scrolls topic. You have your opinion, I have mine and if we learned anything for that aforementioned topic, they aren't changing anytime soon. :P

Ah. Before I forget, Lev, that was not an invite to restart the massive, multi-page debate that raged in the old Elder Scrolls topic. You have your opinion, I have mine and if we learned anything for that aforementioned topic, they aren't changing anytime soon. :P

You're learning. :P As you see, Dovahkiin, there is another problem with an Elder Scrolls RPG. As it so happens, Basilisk and I represent opposite ends of the spectrum. There are so many different religions, philosophies, and lore types present with few clear answers. You have to run an RPG with an objective point of view in which you do not confirm or disprove any fan speculation. There are proper ways to execute this, however. The whole plot point with the Towers, which could lead to the whole worlds destruction if they were destroyed as part of the Thalmor scheme. To execute an RPG on that plot, you could have the Thalmor moving for that plan and allow players to stop them, or have something else stop them, leaving it open to interpretation rather it would have worked or not (i.e. whether Basilisk's take on the lore or mine would be closer to the truth). Just know that everyone has an opinion, and you need to respect them as the GM. Don't be afraid of offending someone if need be, but try to respect the obscurity of a source material. And remember, the best part of opinions is that they can be totally wrong.*

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

• 2 months later...

Marvel: Rebirth

-The Story So Far-

It’s been a year since the combined power of the American war machine, coupled with S.H.I.E.L.D.’s fledgling reboot of the Avenger Initiative, defended New York City from the HYDRA terrorist forces ravaging the metropolis. Recognized for their efforts and the tactical edge they offered, the surviving members of the Avengers were honored and acknowledged as heroes; for the first time in years, the limelight once again fell upon S.H.I.E.L.D., drawing it and its mysterious commander Col. Nick Fury out of the shadows and into a position of public defense befitting its original United Nations charter. In response, S.H.I.E.L.D. brass began collecting volunteers, America’s best and brightest soldiers, for another mysterious reboot of a previously successful project - the ARCHANGEL Initiative, a modern day spin on the infamous Super Soldier project that generated Captain America. However, after going through training, wave after wave of these recruits are vanishing into thin air, unable - or unwilling - to establish any further contact with the outside world.

Meanwhile, on the mutant rights front, the wars no longer rage in American cities; they are waged in the courtroom and on Capitol Hill, where it seems every day that alliances, resolutions, and even Congressional views on the mutant issue shift and shatter like fine china - the political climate isn’t helped by the uneasy fact that there is still not a single mutant representative in any branch of government in the world, as protestors on both sides are increasingly fond of pointing out. The Xavier Institute, once a go-to talking point for mutant debates, has faded into relative political obscurity and now takes in mutants at a slightly declining rate. The X-Men had little-to-no representation in the counterattack against HYDRA, and with two of their most known public faces - known mutant rights crusader Dr. Hank McCoy, and Ashlynn Summers, oldest child of Scott Summers and the Phoenix, Jean Grey - apparently dead as a result of the aftermath of the battle, the team is considered all but disbanded, and many members have taken up supporting roles in the Institute itself.

On the flip side of that coin is the increasingly-leftist, always growing Brotherhood of Mutants, which has undergone a seemingly radical shift in tone since the public execution of Magneto’s son and heir Pietro “Quicksilver” Maximoff over a year ago. Heading up the new organization is Dominik Lord, a former lieutenant of Pietro’s who survived the government purge of what Brotherhood forces remained on Genosha. As a charming, new age former thief from the streets of Chicago, he has become the face of the mutant equality movement, and pro-mutant activists have taken to Lord the way Internet freedom activists took to Edward Snowden or liberal arts students took to Che Guevara. Handsome, charismatic and well-mannered, he has utilized video broadcasts, “fireside chats” on Reddit, and public appearances in the mutant underground to garner support for the oppressed and the reviled before using his power of escapism through light sources to slip through the fingers of authorities like sand. Dominik’s movement gains more traction everyday; mutants and their supporters are massing more and more in cities large and small, circulating petitions, demanding change from Washington.

Sitting on the sidelines of the entire conflict is the ubiquitous, powerful Hellfire Club. Over the course of the last year their public activity has boosted now more than ever, gaining more funds, forging more connections, and swaying more allies in a year than the previous Inner Circle could in seventeen. The considerable inflation in power comes courtesy of Alaric and Anberlyn Worthington, children of Warren Worthington III, or Angel, current headmaster of the Xavier Institute. In answer for their father’s real and perceived wrongs they led a coup inside the very power structure of the Inner Circle, assuming the roles of Black King and White Queen respectively as well as all titles and benefits inherent. The twins work as a solid unit, trusting no one else above each other, and have stuck now to biding their time until the right moment; Alaric in particular, as a former team captain of the X-Men thought dead by those at the Institute, has stuck to pulling subtly on the strings of the mutant right’s debate raging throughout the country, inflaming and assuaging his political or business contacts where need be while Annie is left to her own devices, plotting her own, darker revenge against the Worthington name.

Lines in the sand are drawn and erased every day; friends and enemies thought dead appear from thin air, and those whose loyalty once seemed unshakable can now be swayed with no more than the light breeze of vague promises and unproven words; mutants and humans are forced to take new sides every day, or even form their own sides.

The conflict is coming to a head at last.

-A Brief Refresher Course-

Though a year has passed since the end of the darkest days, the ramifications from the events during them are still being felt heavily in the world at large. Eighteen years ago, the Phoenix Force returned and wiped out the vast majority of empowered beings, reducing the superhero, and villain, population to a shadow of what it once was. Seventeen years later, Hank McCoy, the then headmaster of the Institute, formed the next generation of the X-Men to counter the resurgence in Brotherhood activity, and the increasing abuse by the Enforcers.

Though their skirmishes made headline news, they did not know that a more sinister threat lurked. Weapon X struck a surprise blow against the Institute, capturing the majority of its residents. The few that remained were forced to flee and hope to fight again another day. Eventually, they joined forces with the Brotherhood against the mutual enemy, storming and razing the Weapon X facility. Meanwhile, the Avengers Initiative began again in secret, it's roster filled with descendants from the original members. Thus, as the Hellfire Club began to reform, began a shaky, two month long peace.

But it was not to last. In response to conflict in Las Vegas, the X-Men's temporary alliance with the Brotherhood, and the assassination of President Binder, MACE was formed to stop the mutant threat. They succeeded. The majority of the mutant population was rendered toothless, a fact that an old enemy quickly took advantage of. Hydra attacked New York City, quickly eliminating the SHIELD forces caught off guard within the city. The Helicarrier quickly fell, leaving the defense of the city to the assorted personnel nearby, including the fledgling Avengers and members of the Pantheon Initiative. Despite their efforts, defeat seemed inevitable, until the military successfully mobilized to give aid.

Following the battle for New York, as it was quickly dubbed by the media, the world has not been the same. The X-Men were decimated, the Avengers sustained heavy casualties, and SHIELD's lack of readiness had been revealed. Hydra was a viable threat once more, the Brotherhood had scattered to the winds, and the United States was in political shambles.

A year has passed since then.

Factions

S.H.I.E.L.D (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division) – Founded to combat technologically advanced threats on world security (specifically the menace of Hydra), S.H.I.E.L.D. has, throughout the years, remained on the front lines fighting terrorism and extraterrestrial menaces as an international intelligence agency. Led by Nick Fury.

Xavier Institute for Higher Learning - A preparatory school in Westchester, New York, the Xavier Institute is a safe haven for any mutant adolescents - or even adults - who feel the need to take refuge, learn to hone their own genetic abilities, and learn to manage themselves in social environments around other humans and mutants. Led by Headmaster Warren Worthington III.

The Brotherhood of Mutants – An increasingly public, but still enigmatic, organization of mutants organized to promote, at the very least, mutant equality, if not outright leadership over society. Their members are often outcasts from society due to their mutant status. They fight against the abuse and hatred of mutant-kind in all its forms, by whatever means necessary. Led by Dominik Lord.

HYDRA - HYDRA is a criminal organization dedicated to the achievement of world domination through terrorist and subversive activities on various fronts, resulting in a fascist New World Order. Its extent of operations is worldwide; always attempting to elude the ongoing counter-espionage operations by S.H.I.E.L.D. At its height, HYDRA was the most extensive, powerful, and dangerous such organization in history. Led by Red Skull.

Hellfire Club - A society for the rich and the prestigious, the Hellfire Club is a seemingly noble and ancient gathering of the world’s wealthiest or most endowed personalities to discuss world events and make connections. Their secretive Inner Circle, however, takes that purpose to a new and often sinister level, maneuvering governments, starting wars, and assassinating figures who pose a threat to their own agendas and interests as singular members or a group. Co-led by former X-Men deputy Alaric Carlisle and his sister Anberlyn, twin children of Warren Worthington III.

??? - A mysterious splinter organization headed up by Norman Osborn, CEO of Oscorp. One of its operatives is Daken Akihiro, Wolverine’s eldest trueborn son and world-famous assassin, revived from near-death by mysterious means. Nothing else is known of their influence or agenda at this point in time.

Profile Form:

Name: (What your character calls him/herself)

Codename: (Your character’s name on official missions; may or may not be used as a sort of nickname for your characters.)

Gender: (No explanation needed, we’re all informed people here)

Age: (It’s just a number, but try to include it anyway!)

Loyalties/Faction: (One of the factions listed above, other faction, or unaligned. Can also list certain other characters important to your own character’s life here. )

Power(S): (What can your character do? Please try to make your character’s powers within reason and balanced and non-overpowered.)

Appearance: (What your character looks like.)

Weapons: (Within reason please.)

Skills: (Things your character is good at.)

Personality: (Your character’s behaviors, how they interact with others, how they think about things.)

Weakness: (Everyone has weaknesses, powers or no. Try to make them clear.)

Bio: (Your character’s history. Can be almost anything really, try to make it at least a couple sentences.)

Rules

1. No godmodding. This includes metagaming, autohitting, bunnying, and performing actions your character should be incapable of doing.2. Use IC (In-Character) and OOC (Out of Character).3. OOC only posts are forbidden. That’s what the discussion topic is for.4. Profiles should be posted in the discussion topic for approval. The phrase “Darkest Days” must be included at the beginning of said post to prove that you have read these rules.5. Respect the staff.6. This game uses a tier outline for its punishment system. We do, however, reserve the right to skip over a tier if the offense warrants it. The first offense will result in a warning. The second in either in-game character injury/death, or a temporary ban. The third offense will result in a very weighty consequence, while the fourth and final offense will result in a permanent ban.

The Staff's Guide to Common Sense

This RPG is based around superpowered individuals, and there will always be a discrepancy between that and what we would call realistic. However, that does not give you free rein to toss realism aside. First of all, this game's science is the same as the real world unless otherwise noted. That means that fire will not form into a bullet like projectile, you cannot pull off feats beyond a normal human unless noted in your profile, you cannot shrug off attacks, and you cannot simply beat NPCs senseless. Nor are the police and military incompetent. A teenager is not going to easily beat a trained soldier, powers or not, without a good explanation. Especially in the Marvel world, where superheroes are a known occurrence.

Expies and This RPG

Expies are strongly, strongly, strongly discouraged. Don't come in here expecting to make Master Chief, don't come in here expecting to make Mass Effect characters, don't come in here expecting to expy Solid Snake. Don't come in here expecting to make Marvel characters, either. You do not get to play a generations xerox of Wolverine. If you want to do that, go play one of the video games. Which leads me to my next point...

Healing Powers and This RPG

Healing powers are not an insta-heal ticket. This happened a lot in the original game, and it will not be tolerated here. This section is divided into two major portions; Healing powers that target the self, such as healing factors, and healing powers that target others. I will begin by covering the latter, because it is simpler. Healing powers cannot instantly heal major injuries with no effort. This happened a lot last game too, even though the powers were supposed to have limitations to keep this from happening. They can start to heal a major injury, even heal it most of the way, given enough time, but never completely. Not unless you have plenty of time to work and a lot of energy. I expect players to use their judgement, but healing powers will be monitored closely in this game.

Now, healing factors. Last game, healing factors were treated as miraculous powers that could heal anything as long as there was a single cell with intact DNA. And do it quickly. This is not even remotely the case. A healing factor is an increased speed of healing, which means that it cannot heal anything that the body could not heal from normally. It just does it much, much faster. Healing factors are going to be heavily monitored in this game, and their speed must be kept within reasonable limits. As it is most usually associated with healing factors, adamantium skeletons are explicitly forbidden.

Power Levels and This RPG

You may note that the profile sheet reads three or so powers. That is the guideline, but it is not the entire way that it works. Multiple powers will be approved if they are all reasonable, and not too powerful together. But you may be limited to one power, maybe two, if it is an extremely powerful one. We are not looking at numbers, we are looking at power balances. Which means that in addition to the above, if you have a powerful ability that might be approved on another character, but no real weakness, we reserve the right to disapprove it on the grounds of power imbalance.

Staff

-Tyler Durden

-The Snark Knight

- Kaithas

-Snelly

The staff control a variety of NPCs important to the plot. Though another staff member may make use of them if necessary, they will primarily be controlled by the named staff member. Osborn is controlled by Kaithas, the president (Jonah Jameson) by The Snark Knight, and Daken Akihiro by Tyler.

[Ty's Note: Staff NPC Profiles forthcoming.]

Well, here we are. The sequel to the X-Men RPG, at long last: feel free to give any sort of critique or thoughts on what we have here, and then we'll see what we can do about getting it up.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Looks like it would be fun to play, I already have an idea for a character.

Just one thing

You may note that the profile sheet reads three or so powers.

The profile does not say anything about that. It has a (s) on "power" bit that is it. It's more of an "oops" then a real mistake, but you still might want to fix it.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Looks like it would be fun to play, I already have an idea for a character. Just one thing

You may note that the profile sheet reads three or so powers. [/size]

The profile does not say anything about that. It has a (s) on "power" bit that is it. It's more of an "oops" then a real mistake, but you still might want to fix it.
Whooooooops. That'd be a holdover from when we were simply going to reuse the old profile form, because the common sense guide was the vey first thing written. That'll be corrected.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Will knowning nothing about Marvel beyond what shows up in the movies be a problem here? I've never been much for comic books, but I do like the films.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Yes. Yes it is.

Been missing the old X-Men RPG for awhile. Nice to have a radical improvement of the concept coming up.

I've read maybe ten wiki articles on Marvel and I functioned pretty darn well in the first RPG.

Will knowning nothing about Marvel beyond what shows up in the movies be a problem here? I've never been much for comic books, but I do like the films.

Not at all, your level of Marvel knowledge shouldn't hinder you from having fun with the game. Movie knowledge works just fine!

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Yeah, and you've made a char my sister routinely wants to sacrifice to the pony demons :PAlso, she ponified you. Thought you should know XD

Who was this directed at?

I need to know if releasing the Mi-Go to defend my good name is needed or not.