So I posted this before the downtime. Wondering if anyone is interested. I need to pick up a few staff as well and probably need a few opinions on some details. Trying to make this a sand-box adventure with a survival element. If no one wants to play then I'll just scrap it.
The Walking Dead: Game of Survival
Welcome to the post zombie apocalyptic world. Two months ago a zombie outbreak spread across the globe. Communications were lost. Governments crumbled and millions of people died. Now the world is a much different and more barbaric place. It is survival of the fittest for the remaining humans. Zombies are everywhere, there is no stopping the dead. You can only hope to stay alive for as long as possible.
Could the living be as dangerous as the dead? What happens when total anarchy rules and there are no laws stopping people from killing one another? Your story begins in the countryside of New York State. You've been hiding out since the outbreak. You've heard from a few other survivors passing through that there is possibly a sanctuary within New York City. Perhaps its time to try to head there.
A Bit About the RP and Zombies...
This RP exists within the Walking Dead universe but has nothing to do with the show, comics or games. This game is set in an entirely different part of America so there is no chance of canon characters making an appearance.
The Walkers will be the same as in the show etc. They are slow moving, very capable of grabbing you, biting you, holding you down, etc. In some cases even opening doors. They are not capable of thought and run purely on an animal-like instinct to eat and kill. Their food? Fresh meat: especially humans, though they will eat animals as well. In this world zombies outnumber humans 5,000 to 1 so the odds are against you, they can be very dangerous in large numbers.
In this RP its more the humans you are in danger from then the zombies themselves. Don't underestimate a horde of them however. If you do something really, really stupid you can die. Your characters will be put in tough situations where they will have to choose something over something else. Where they may have to make sacrifices or betrayals.The staff will be controlling most of the zombies you encounter to reduce players mowing down hordes of zombies without problem.
When a person is bit or scratched they become infected. They become increasingly ill. Some of the symptoms are as follow: Fever/delirium/hallucinations, chills, nausea/vomiting, dehydration, vomiting blood. Once they die it can take from three minutes up to eight hours before the transformation is completed and they reanimate as a zombie/Walker.
If someone is bit or scratched on one of their limbs it is possible to remove the limb and cauterize the wound within a certain time period to stop the infection from spreading. It is unknown how much time people have to remove the limb or if it will always work.
A Walker may be neutralized by severe damage to or removal of part or all of their body below the skull. However, they are only truly killed by damaging the brain. A severed Walker head will remain animated and aggressive until the brain is destroyed or eventually disintegrates from decomposition. Walkers slowly decompose and grow weaker after time as muscles etc disintegrate. Zombies don't need to eat, but have an unnatural desire to do so.
Zombies have the ability to detect scents and differentiate between the living and the dead, and prefer to feed on living flesh. Though they can also use sight to distinguish living from dead, although they seem to have poor eyesight as their irises fade and decay, but they make up for it in very heightened senses of strong hearing and smell. They can also determine a human presence by feeling certain cues such as the breathing movements or a heart that is beating at an irregular pace from a scared human.
Zombies have been known to lay on the ground and play dead, sometimes when no food is around, or after they are shot, only to later crawl over and attack the living again.
1. You must post IC when you are speaking “in character,” and OOC when you are speaking “out of character.”2. Don’t take control of other players’ characters without their permission.3. If your character is in a position where there is no way to escape or survive they will and can and will die.4. No god-modding. You can’t ignore physics and you especially can’t ignore your characters’ weaknesses. No god modding. No character is invincible.5. Double posting should not happen.6. No killing all the zombies as if they are canon fodder. Remember the staff controls most of the zombies so you have to see if your shot hits or misses etc.7. Limit of 5 characters to start out. I might expand the limit but I don't want players giving themselves a personal army of characters. Try not to make too many that some of your character's don't get enough attention etc, be responsible and only take on as many as you can handle.8. And as always, all regular BZPower rules apply9. No straight OOC posts, if your gonna post post IC too.
Warnings and Offenses:
Numbers equal warnings for each offense
1. Warning. 2. Character mortally wounded. 3. Character death. 4. Several day ban. 5. All characters killed. 6. Permanent ban.
1. Limit of one gun to start out with. It can either be a pistol, shotgun or a rifle (non automatic). You may also start out with one melee weapon: bats, crow-bars, knives etc. More weapons can be found in game, but it is up to the staff for them to be revealed. Players can't just happen upon a rocket launcher or something on their own.2. Characters can be from all over the world but should be trying to head to NYC for some reason.3. No canon characters from the show etc. allowed. If you want to play as a character similar to an existing one; then make them similar (but not expy similar!)
4. Your character is not omniscient. Everything they know has to be learned in some way.7. And most importantly, your character MUST be approved by a staff member before you post as that character.
8. Limit the skills your character has. They shouldn't be a skilled medic and a trained a trained mechanic.
Simply fill out this form and post it in the topic:
Name: (Your full-name)Age:Gender:Occupation Before Outbreak:Weapons: . Limit of one gun to start out with. It can either be a pistol, shotgun or a rifle (non automatic). You may also start out with one melee weapon: baseball-bat, crow-bar, knives etc.
Supplies: bandages, flash-light, tinderbox stuff like that.Skills: (Things your character is good at, I will limit the skills characters can have.)Personality: (Your character’s personality)Weakness: (Every-one should have one)Bio: (What is your characters mysterious past?)