• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

• Please log in to reply
6425 replies to this topic

#6401 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,238 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 12 2014 - 10:35 PM

This is for a forum rpg right?

Well first off you should ditch the d6 system.

Then you should get rid of skill list

And after that, just add more to everything else.

#6402 Offline Skitty

Skitty
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Cloak of the Past

• 7,841 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 12 2014 - 10:36 PM

Well...I'd say its rather confusing and vague...not much else comes to mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

SkittyBanner_zpsddf2094e.png

#6403 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2014 - 02:18 PM

Try taking a look at the RPGs that are actually running right now, see how we run things around here.

Then stop Capitalizing Every Single Word.

Then create a developed setting and premise.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."
"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

#6404 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2014 - 02:18 PM

Try putting it in Games & Trivia and see how it goes down over there.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#6405 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2014 - 06:53 PM

This RPG has no content. What are skills, and why do we use them? Also, saying I can have as many as I want is really bad, as it implies I can have 'Ride dog', or 'Speak Latin', if skills even work that way. Next, how do we get loadouts? Do we start with them or what?

He has a font setting that does it automatically.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#6406 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 14 2014 - 03:47 AM

He has a font setting that does it automatically.

Solution: Stop being Kanaya Maryam.

Also learn to design TBRPGs.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."
"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

#6407 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 28 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 02:39 AM

man, what happened to the transformers love in the board? the RPG is gone but is the love still here?

...is there any room for another rpg?

Pokemon Y

3711-9364-3152

#6408 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 10:46 AM

It evaporated sometime after Wrack left the scene. Due to the three flops of RPGs, Transformers RPGs are currently not being approved by a majority of the Judges, until we receive some form of proof that there's an actual playerbase there. Considering the state of things right now... yeah it's not here, see aforementioned evaporation.

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva, Jul 14 2014 - 10:47 AM.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#6409 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 28 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 08:08 PM

-sigh-

long past are the glory days of COTRPGs

Pokemon Y

3711-9364-3152

#6410 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,087 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 09:34 PM

I dunno, the FTL, Marvel, and Pokemon one seem to be pretty popular. There might not be as wide a variety as there once was, but I'd say there are still "glory days" now.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

#6411 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 09:56 PM

As someone who was around in the glory days, no, this is the last remnants of a town trying to scavenge to get by. Pokemon exists on life support and Marvel/FTL are basically the same player bases keeping things moving.

Also stop to consider that the three popular RPGs you cited are the only RPGs. Three RPGs is not glory days man, I can remember when the COT sustained over ten RPGs at a time.

voidstars.png

#6412 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,087 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 10:36 PM

In my world it is, considering I come from the Lego RPG forum, where we can only manage about three at a time. Is it just me, or is BZP slowly dying?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

#6413 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,593 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 10:45 PM

As someone who was around in the glory days, no, this is the last remnants of a town trying to scavenge to get by. Pokemon exists on life support and Marvel/FTL are basically the same player bases keeping things moving.

That's an... interesting interpretation of how RotR is faring, one that I'll chalk up to being an outsider's perspective.

In actuality, the Pokémon RPG is probably thriving more now than it has in a long, long time. While the rate of posts in the discussion topic and playing topic aren't necessarily the highest (which is primarily my fault, due to being busy and not being able to advance several of the current small-scale plots), it's mitigated by the fact that our players are constantly in communication with each other on wiki chat--literally coming up with new stuff and refining what we have every single day. So, even if our overall activity appears low, our level of investment and story building/planning has never been higher--right now we've got a ton of awesome stuff planned in addition to the main plot and enough dedication to the game to actually see that stuff through.

In essence, we've foregone quantity in favor of quality--to an extent. When we're able, we actually do make a lot of posts within a short span of time; our schedules just don't tend to line up that well or that often.

tl;dr RotR's doing wonderfully and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

That doesn't change the fact that the OTC RPG scene overall is slowly but surely dying, but I thought I'd correct that since you mentioned it nonetheless. :)

Edited by Pears Nivans, Jul 15 2014 - 12:45 AM.

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020 - 021 - 022 - 023 - 024 - 025 - 026

- Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven- ??? - ??? -

#6414 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2014 - 12:25 AM

Come on guys, I'm sure it's not as bad as all that. Why, I even got my underlings to set up a radio so we could all search for ot-

What? You've got a report already you say?

Erm.

Uh.

Nevermind.

Edited by Basilisk, Jul 15 2014 - 12:26 AM.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#6415 Offline Sisen

Sisen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge & BZPRPG Staff

• 3,127 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 07 2014 - 04:12 PM

It isn't that the RPG scene is dying, but the fact people (at least myself for instance) have a lot of other things to do. If I had the time to roleplay, I would jump back into RotR right this instance. However, a full time job, college, moving out, and various other reasons consume almost all of my free time. (I couldn't even tell you the last time I even had time to read a book that wasn't school or work related). I could probably work some activity in here and there, but it would not really contribute to anything. An occasional post from me once a week in an RPG would result in just about nothing getting done.

That's my two cents on the subject at least. I just don't have the time.  :dontgetit:

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

#6416 Offline Comment Expired

Comment Expired
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,925 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 30 2014 - 06:41 AM

Huh, I still have this job title under my username. Someone should probably remove that.

Tumblr: Where facts and logic go to die.

#6417 Offline Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,440 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 16 2014 - 04:18 PM

A little bit of liveliness never hurt this place (mostly because nothing can hurt a corpse AYY) and I figure we could all use something to talk about, so let's sit around the fireside, light up the peace pipe, put our thinking caps on and [new age buzzwords buzz buzz buzzwords]:

For a while now, I've been tossing around ideas for another Star Wars RPG in my head. The last one was very clearly going places before the combination of a disappearing GM and forum downtime took it out of commission, and the fandom is a bit more prevalent than the waning Transformers interest in the RPG community. The problem is, after the slow disintegration of FTL I'm wondering if anybody really even has any interest in a space RPG, and if they do, I don't want this to just be a quick blip on the radar. 

SO IF WE WERE TO DO THIS (if we are going to do it; again, tell me what you guys think of another RPG first) I'm stuck between a couple concepts. One involved everyone onboard a ship or space station (Death Star was my initial thought, but that's pretty huge and almost entirely defeats the point of keeping everybody together) a la what Humva did with the Kestrel in FTL, or I was thinking of going a more alt. history route (what I can tell you off the top is basically Dooku realized he was being offered up as a sacrifice, took his ball and went home before the Invisible Hand went down over Coruscant) with the Confederacy becoming its own galactic power while Sidious squirmed. 

So

Let's talk

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#6418 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 16 2014 - 04:21 PM

I like the second concept. With the proper management, another RPG could, conceivably, exist. I'd suggest a drive for new members alongside it however.

You have my sword.

And axe.

And ritual dagger.

Look I have alot of pointy things.

Edited by Basilisk, Sep 16 2014 - 04:24 PM.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#6419 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,615 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 16 2014 - 04:49 PM

Second concept all the way because Dooku.

yesssssssssssss

Though I suppose you already know most of my ideas concerning that, I'll try and get a list up when I have the time.

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus

Give me like, two hours.

yeeeeeeeeee

01T3YDF.jpg

#6420 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 16 2014 - 04:59 PM

Second concept all the way because Dooku.

This logic is sound and cannot be refuted.

Just saying.

#6421 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 16 2014 - 05:30 PM

Second concept all the way. Not only did Galaxy at War not die because of scattering, but I have seen plenty of RPGs die because the GM gathered everyone together and then proceeded to quite enthusiastically give them nothing to do.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

#6422 Offline delilah

delilah
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 3,972 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 19 2014 - 07:28 PM

Sounds cool to me, but what's the mechanic in the second scenario for keeping everyone together? After all, the Clone Wars spanned more than just a couple worlds.

heytherecopy_zps41588106.jpg

#6423 Offline Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,440 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 19 2014 - 07:49 PM

I've got something in mind already. I'll post it when it reaches a point past the nebulous "it's an idea in Ty's head everyone let it breathe" phase

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#6424 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 20 2014 - 01:02 PM

Question, so in this alternate universe with the Dooku thing you said, does that mean there are still plenty of Jedi running around like order 66 never happened

Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick

#6425 Offline Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,440 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 20 2014 - 01:25 PM

Yeah, at the point the game starts, no Order 66 has gone down yet.

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#6426 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 10:33 AM

Ah, and is Dooku sticking to the rule of 2 or is he recruiting more young Sith or something.

Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users