• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

• Please log in to reply
6453 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 23-August 06
  • 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 06:05 PM

Wrack's given me permission to run a Serial Numbers Filed Off version of IL, pretty much. Similar concept, no Lunarians or Yukari.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."
"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

#82 Offline Toast of Awesomeness

Toast of Awesomeness
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 02-February 07
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 06:13 PM

If you need help, I'm free.

Well, would you just look at that?

Posted Image

I'm a piece of toast.

#83 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 23-August 06
  • 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 06:17 PM

Well, mapmaking is going to be the hard part for me(I'm terrible with drawing, etc). Ideally I'd love to have a 3d map, but that's not happening, so basically it needs to be like IL's map.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."
"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

#84 Offline Lord Kaitan de Storms

Lord Kaitan de Storms
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 20-December 06
  • 1,670 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 06:18 PM

I dislike the set times, but other than that it looks good to me.
Posted Image
If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.
QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!
Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

#85 Offline Veeci

Veeci
  • Members
  • Toa

• 17-September 09
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 06:26 PM

If you need help, I'm free.

Seconded.

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

#86 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 23-August 06
  • 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 06:26 PM

Well, I'll get to writing it up, then.

-Rover

#87 Offline Toast of Awesomeness

Toast of Awesomeness
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 02-February 07
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 06:32 PM

Well, I can update a map, but I'm not sure I have the software to create one.... If you can give me a picture, I'll put the little dots for the systems. How many clusters will we have?

Posted Image

I'm a piece of toast.

#88 Offline Lord Kini Hawkeye

Lord Kini Hawkeye
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 08-November 08
  • 3,513 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 06:41 PM

In regards to the Halo RPG up for approval, I want to make a squad of Bullfrog-esque (jetpack using) ODSTs. But I don't want to manage so many characters, so if someone wants to go in halvesies with me I have ideas for three characters. Send me a PM and we can have ideas at one another. Edit: I just spotted a mild error in the Halo RPG. I'm pretty sure Zealots rank higher than Generals. Also the rank of Ultra is missing.

Generals are considered part of the overall Zealot "Archetype" of the covenant, more of an officers position than combat. And while they appear to be higher ranked, the common concensus is that Generals are field combat and Zealots are Special Operations - Generals rank higher. Easiest way to think it is the order you unlock stuff in reach - Zealot, Then General. Least that's just my take. Rank of ultra being gone... well there's lots of ranks missing. General, Field Marshal, etc etc... Better not to think too much Bunda.

The worlds have now learned

Of the worst yet to come

On the brink of an end, a Boy learns to crawl

{/BZPRPG Profiles\}  :.: {/COMIC: Eljay: The Becoming\} :.: {/EPIC: Danger Close\} :.: {/EPIC: Wings\}

[There is Invisible Text here]
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

{/Seven Lives, Two Faces\}

Don't pass up this chance, oh go tear down the walls

No gods will watching, no one cares enough at all

These worlds need now an ending, as they did at the start

But I'll keep on pretending, I won't

Go...

#89 Offline Lord Kaitan de Storms

Lord Kaitan de Storms
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 20-December 06
  • 1,670 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 07:21 PM

...Okay, so UTCS! has been approved, but now I can't remember what the last step was, and it's not in any of the topics. I know Than needs to approve, but will he stop by the request topic or do I need to PM it to him?
Posted Image
If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.
QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!
Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

#90 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 23-August 06
  • 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 07:52 PM

Well, I can update a map, but I'm not sure I have the software to create one.... If you can give me a picture, I'll put the little dots for the systems. How many clusters will we have?

Two Clusters, like in IL. Also, First Draft's done.
Spoiler
Note, I kept it so you can mostly copy and paste your old stuff from IL.

Edited by Your Friend Doctor Robert, Oct 19 2011 - 08:21 PM.

-Rover

#91 Offline Vak Il Mio Amore

Vak Il Mio Amore
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 27-November 05
  • 395 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 08:52 PM

In regards to the Halo RPG up for approval, I want to make a squad of Bullfrog-esque (jetpack using) ODSTs. But I don't want to manage so many characters, so if someone wants to go in halvesies with me I have ideas for three characters. Send me a PM and we can have ideas at one another. Edit: I just spotted a mild error in the Halo RPG. I'm pretty sure Zealots rank higher than Generals. Also the rank of Ultra is missing.

Generals are considered part of the overall Zealot "Archetype" of the covenant, more of an officers position than combat. And while they appear to be higher ranked, the common concensus is that Generals are field combat and Zealots are Special Operations - Generals rank higher. Easiest way to think it is the order you unlock stuff in reach - Zealot, Then General. Least that's just my take. Rank of ultra being gone... well there's lots of ranks missing. General, Field Marshal, etc etc... Better not to think too much Bunda.

I'll have to look again at the ranks to ascertain things: I was in such a rush to get it up ahead of other RPGs that I didn't totally review the Ranks section in particular. However, Kini's assessment of Generals-V-Zealots is correct; there's a lot of confusion around the Zealot archetype that Bungie/343's set up, but we believe General is a higher ranking Zealot, while a Ship Master/Field Marshall are generally the highest up. Plus, Kini, Field Marshall IS in the rankings :P Concerning Ultra- I'll be sure to look into that. A lot of this is the exact same from the original Halo RPG, with appropriate additions made in the basic information of races/planets/ranks/vehicles/what have you. The only significant changes between this RPG and the original are the Plot, Setting, and a few of the Ex-Covenant races' standing in power and representation. Either way, as we go I'll be sure to clean that up ^_^

#92 Offline Necro

Necro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Ice Warrior

• 17-June 06
  • 1,910 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 09:01 PM

Well, my buddy who I was going to have cohost Concerto isn't responding when I try to contact him, so I'm going to start looking for a backup. If any of you are interested, drop me a PM . It's not going to be a first-come-first-serve kind of thing, it'd be based on how well I know you, what I've seen of your RPing capabilities, and your musical knowledge. The guy you're replacing was a buddy, ran two RPGs, and was as good if not a better musician than I am, so it's big shoes to fill, but I'm confident someone here can.
Spoiler
Naturally they'll be added to the staff list, and their NPC profile to the NPC list.

Posted Image

#93 Offline Kothra

Kothra
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 06-June 04
  • 1,977 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 09:01 PM

@xom: Since the corvettes/frigates cost 0.25 IPCs (Industrial Production Certificates, borrowing for Axis & Allies for sake of saving time/space), and are the only things that cost less than one, just require players to buy them in fours.@necro: for whatever reason it makes more sense to me than it used to. Also, second mention of th IHRF (5th paragraph), you said IHMF.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra, Oct 18 2011 - 09:12 PM.

Posted Image

#94 Offline Toast of Awesomeness

Toast of Awesomeness
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 02-February 07
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 10:33 PM

Hey Xom... I don't think starbases should count for points. Because, really, a defense platform doesn't require many resources to field. Especially if its automated.

Posted Image

I'm a piece of toast.

#95 Offline Lord Kini Hawkeye

Lord Kini Hawkeye
  • Members

• 08-November 08
  • 3,513 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 10:43 PM

Um... On the subject of Restarting Interstellar Line (or at least, somethign similar) the only true complaint/hesitation i have in agreeing with it is... well, you Xom. I mean no offence when i say this, i just remember you not being quite so... agreeable to thing when Wrack was running things... It makes me hesitate, because i really havn't seen you RP since and from the few times i have you really havn't changed all that much. Just me throwing that out there - I'd gladly retract this opinion if you were planning or willing to have multiple helpers who're able to overrule things where they deem necessary - a sort of democratic system, if you will. Just my two cents.

Of the worst yet to come

{/BZPRPG Profiles\}  :.: {/COMIC: Eljay: The Becoming\} :.: {/EPIC: Danger Close\} :.: {/EPIC: Wings\}

Go...

#96 Offline Necro

Necro
  • Premier Member
  • Ice Warrior

• 17-June 06
  • 1,910 posts

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 10:44 PM

I butted heads with him a lot, and normally I'd agree, but I'm willing to give him a shot with this - he's seemed a lot more mature, probably owing to it being literally years later, and since he's going to be sitting back running it instead of playing it, I don't really think he's going to have the chance to try and tear anyone's head off.

Posted Image

#97 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 23-August 06
  • 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 10:48 PM

I had the same reservations myself, actually, which was why I initially held off on putting this together. Who'd be willing to help me run this/keep me from going crazy?

-Rover

#98 Offline Toast of Awesomeness

Toast of Awesomeness
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 02-February 07
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 10:50 PM

I'd have the same problem I think, and I want to play... but I can approve profiles and update the map, if that would help?

Posted Image

I'm a piece of toast.

#99 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 23-August 06
  • 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 10:51 PM

That'd be wonderful

-Rover

#100 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 10:51 PM

I mean no offence when i say this, i just remember you not being quite so... agreeable to thing when Wrack was running things...

i dont know who xom is, i dont know who wrack is, i dont know what interstellar live is (kinda assuming xom is dr robert, IL is an old rpg, and wrack was its GM), but if this even comes up means the RPG is probably doomed.

Pokemon Y

Super Smash Bros

3711-9364-3152

#101 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 23-August 06
  • 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 10:55 PM

I was always agreeable to Wrack, just not everyone else. Since I was thirteen and all...

-Rover

#102 Offline Lord Kini Hawkeye

Lord Kini Hawkeye
  • Members

• 08-November 08
  • 3,513 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 10:59 PM

I mean no offence when i say this, i just remember you not being quite so... agreeable to thing when Wrack was running things...

i dont know who xom is, i dont know who wrack is, i dont know what interstellar live is (kinda assuming xom is dr robert, IL is an old rpg, and wrack was its GM), but if this even comes up means the RPG is probably doomed.

Xom is Dr. Robert, Interstellar Line is an old RPG that Xom's planning to bring back, And Wrack was it's GM. However, i wouldn't say the RPG is doomed... just more... in danger. Besides it's hard to comment on something like that when even i must admit that it was a long time ago.

I had the same reservations myself, actually, which was why I initially held off on putting this together. Who'd be willing to help me run this/keep me from going crazy?

I'm glad that you're at least willing to admit it this time around =P

I butted heads with him a lot, and normally I'd agree, but I'm willing to give him a shot with this - he's seemed a lot more mature, probably owing to it being literally years later, and since he's going to be sitting back running it instead of playing it, I don't really think he's going to have the chance to try and tear anyone's head off.

For myself, while i can see he's matured simply due to the fact that he's admitted that there was a problem... I think my problem was back then, even with my limited involvement with IL, he went against every single one of the (rare) Rulings that Wrack made, or at the very least, argued them and the other points or problems players brought up, unnecessarily. I also recall him being quite the... egomaniac - and i don't use that word lightly. That's the main problem i have. Put him in a position where he's not in control, and he'll argue it. Put him in a position where he is... Unless i'm proven wrong, i shudder to think what may happen. Sorry Xom, but it's the truth :/ Of course, it's also from what i remember.

Edited by Kini Hawkeye, Oct 18 2011 - 11:00 PM.

Of the worst yet to come

Go...

#103 Offline Comment Expired

Comment Expired
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 06-May 07
  • 1,925 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 10:59 PM

Frankly speaking? I let him do it because I want to see how he's grown. Bro, just wait and see.

Edited by Am I Poplar Yet?, Oct 18 2011 - 11:00 PM.

Tumblr: Where facts and logic go to die.

#104 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 23-August 06
  • 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 11:02 PM

Honestly, I was hoping to play it. My plan for this is get the setting and rules set up, start playing it, hope it goes without needing rulings. Your confidence is reassuring, everyone. Sure, the Telepath RPG from right before The Fall was terrible, but I GMed it well...

-Rover

#105 Offline Lord Kini Hawkeye

Lord Kini Hawkeye
  • Members

• 08-November 08
  • 3,513 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 11:02 PM

I was always agreeable to Wrack, just not everyone else. Since I was thirteen and all...

I'm only 14 now =P

Frankly speaking? I let him do it because I want to see how he's grown. Bro, just wait and see.

It's not a question of your judgement... I'm just speaking my own reservations. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened to someone over the years.

Of the worst yet to come

Go...

#106 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 23-August 06
  • 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 11:04 PM

But besides the lack of the map, does anyone have reservations about that RPG I posted up there?

-Rover

#107 Offline Akaku: Master of Flight

Akaku: Master of Flight
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 11-January 08
  • 2,664 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 11:13 PM

If I wasnt going to be a main staffie in Vak's RPG, I would Volunteer on helping you keep yer sanity, Xom' :P I -may- be able to help with a map; although expierience has shown me drawings usually dont serve as well as photographs as far as galaxies n' such, so I could maybe whip something decent up using Pictures off of Google Space or somethin` like that xD I dunno if i`d join the RPG itself; I would have to wait a bit to see if i have the time, to see how busy your RPG turns out, and to see if I like your style of GM'ing ^^ --Akaku: Master of Flight

This message was brought to you by:

Jibs.

that is all.

#108 Offline Toast of Awesomeness

Toast of Awesomeness
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 02-February 07
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 11:17 PM

I'll work on a map when I have time, I'll let you know what I got. My advice? Get Necro or Rover to co-host, if they will. I'm not sure if Rover's still around, but Necro is.

Posted Image

I'm a piece of toast.

#109 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 23-August 06
  • 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 01:53 AM

Looks like Necro's willing to Co-Host. Yay!

-Rover

#110 Offline Jimothy

Jimothy
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16-July 09
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 05:21 AM

There was an idea thrown around awhile back about a time travel RPG sandbox style, how much of a following do you think it would draw? I remember at the time it was quite the popular idea but never came to fruition
Lonliness echoes through my mind like the reaper's footsteps,
Creeping, crawling until every reverberation of it fills my thoughts,
As the inky blackness of night overwhelms me and I begin to despair,
His hand, the One, will always be there to pull me through.

Don't you just love it when you lose all your BZPower info as well as your email info and are forced to use an old alt? I know I do!

#111 Offline Kothra

Kothra
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 06-June 04
  • 1,977 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 05:26 AM

Yay... I'll probably be bringing the Kalarii back, but aside from the fact that they're Kalarii, I'm reworking the civilisation on at least some level.
Posted Image

#112 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 18-February 06
  • 14,727 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 05:28 AM

I never thought the problem with IL was any single member, but rather the lack of control. If things got a bit out of hand there was no ultimate authority figure stepping in to say 'no this is wrong' or to mediate. So really we're all to blame

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#113 Offline Vak Il Mio Amore

Vak Il Mio Amore
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 27-November 05
  • 395 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 07:42 AM

Your, sir, have scored yourself one of the best Co-Hosts I've ever had ^_^ Necro and Spink have both done some incredible work with me, and I fully endorse Necro's partnering up with you :3

#114 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 23-August 06
  • 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 09:58 AM

Your, sir, have scored yourself one of the best Co-Hosts I've ever had ^_^ Necro and Spink have both done some incredible work with me, and I fully endorse Necro's partnering up with you :3

Considering I just plain can't work with Spink, this is perfect. Anyway, I'm pretty much waiting on the map now, since I seem to have everything else I need.

-Rover

#115 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 07-June 07
  • 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 02:02 PM

Xom, I have but one thing to say regarding IL mark II. If you actually manage to pull it off, it'll be awesome. If you don't and we get ToA-style gmodding, well, that's not going be fun for anyone except ToA. So yeah. I want to totally get a species that is some utterly horrible Lovecraftian monster who communicate with other species via hologram. Also, give me a week and I'll make up an epic looking star map. Also, if we should, say, attempt to make our ships realistic, can there be something in there that encourages that instead of 'har har you're such a nerd you tried to make it realistic and now I can curbstomp you with MY SCI-FI DOOM LASERS.' Because I want ships that are like real life naval ships; massive, expensive, but can take a ton of hits and dish out punishment. And you might want to put something in there about build time.

Edited by Alex Humva, Oct 19 2011 - 02:08 PM.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#116 Offline Kothra

Kothra
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 06-June 04
  • 1,977 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 02:24 PM

Also, if we should, say, attempt to make our ships realistic, can there be something in there that encourages that instead of 'har har you're such a nerd you tried to make it realistic and now I can curbstomp you with MY SCI-FI DOOM LASERS.' Because I want ships that are like real life naval ships; massive, expensive, but can take a ton of hits and dish out punishment. And you might want to put something in there about build time.

Wouldn't mind this, assuming you don't go for the hyper-realistic stuff that takes the fun out of it. Also yes build times. Also what amount of weaponry is reasonable on what sizes?

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra, Oct 19 2011 - 02:31 PM.

Posted Image

#117 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 07-June 07
  • 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 03:36 PM

Come to think of it, Lovecraftian monsters would be a poor choice for diplomacy. Ugly people find it hard to make friends; Lovecraftian horrors typically have no friends. So yeah, my only suggestions are build times and semi-realism. Oh, and something about technology development; with the Sryjassa I had them making civilization changing breakthroughs on a daily basis, something that isn't that realistic but also kinda required when everyone else is doing the same. And something for newbs; like, some way so they don't get completely destroyed/turned to slaves by the elder races.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#118 Offline Lord Kini Hawkeye

Lord Kini Hawkeye
  • Members

• 08-November 08
  • 3,513 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 04:48 PM

My resignations are No longer valid and i fully support an IL reboot as of nao. Good luck =D

Of the worst yet to come

Go...

#119 Offline Necro

Necro
  • Premier Member
  • Ice Warrior

• 17-June 06
  • 1,910 posts

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 04:59 PM

How realistic are we talking when we say semi-realism? I know that when we threw it out the window for the sake of entertainment, we got insane in the old RPG, but I don't want to go from one extreme to the other - it was just as bad in the beginning when everything needed a completely factual, scientific basis and anything that relied even the slightest bit on player imagination was cut down in a heartbeat as it was later on when we had asteroid belts turned minefields and ships the size of planets.

Posted Image

#120 Offline Xomeron

Xomeron
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 23-August 06
  • 2,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 06:48 PM

Okay, if you're familiar with the Halo series, the humans from that are a good guide of the tech level I want. Railguns, missiles, typical projectile weapons, lasers, and the like. Except no energy shields in here. Naturally as time goes on, the technology will slowly advance, but we'll never even approach the tech level IL ended at, when there were Dyson Spheres, Tachyon Guns, stuff like that. Working on a a weapon size guide... Adding something about build times...

Edited by Your Friend Doctor Robert, Oct 19 2011 - 06:54 PM.

-Rover

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users