The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

Well perhaps but I would more relate it to calling them all Trains and thus saying train to refer to all of them.

As for the Stargate RP: I have never watched the show so I do not actually know to what effect this gate has or where it supposedly goes. The thought of fighting Aliens made me think of space travel...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well perhaps but I would more relate it to calling them all Trains and thus saying train to refer to all of them.

As for the Stargate RP: I have never watched the show so I do not actually know to what effect this gate has or where it supposedly goes. The thought of fighting Aliens made me think of space travel...

Yes, but trains don't all go the same distance. That's the point.

As for the Stargate, you punch in a 6-symbol code followed by a point of origin and it takes you to that "address" via a one-way wormhole. There's millions of combinations, but many of them don't work. Think of them as phone numbers.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Are all these places on earth or whatever planet they are on though? If not then I think it would still fit my purpose.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well the Travel and distance aspects could have simple solutions along the lines of both time skips and perhaps making a bridge of sorts to these different locations. Mind you intergalactic as you defined it would be overly pointless without the tech to achieve it. So if we were to attempt such a feat within an RP we would have to extend the logic of the people having such tech. I mean we are talking about a Stargate RP as well that has this very much perceived tech.

So well it seems illogical for a species to travel across their galaxy we can simply say there are ways. Several Syfi series have this tech from wormhole travel as seen in Star trek I believe to Reaching speeds above lightspeed via dropping into a different type of space. In star Wars it is Hyperspace. In the Animorphs series it is called Z-apace, in other media it is called a space bridge. Though I think the later is simply a form of wormhole travel.

On a related note I used the term intergalactic travel universally for all space travel even though I know there are smaller forms. Due to it being the largest known form of space travel. Though inter-universal could be even greater it is not actually solely space travel as one could travel between universes without even leaving their home planet.

Yes, well that would be great if I didn't have such high standards for scientific realism. That kind of logic might work great for George Lucas or Gene Roddenberry, but it would never be accepted by Arthur C. Clarke and it certainly doesn't work for me.

Anyway, I do have a few ideas for how we could theoretically get around this problem. If we were to send a small group of characters to say... Mars, and we succeeded, it would make sense that there would be more expeditions. Perhaps the first crew would want to build a base. We could use a time skip since we probably don't need to roleplay the construction of said base, but that would set a path for other players to travel to Mars as well, even if it is in small groups at a time. Then again, I suppose if we're going that route we could just make it even simpler and just make the whole RPG about a mission to Mars, then cut out the middle man. The only downside with that idea is that having the players be members of the crew of this mission would limit the number of people who could join.

In this hypothetical scenario, I do find myself wondering about a system whereby instead of creating one character, players instead create a small team of characters who would have to work together with other teams created by other players.

I am acutely aware of the irony of the timing for this, but Onarax and I finally finished the first draft of that mecha game. There will be a banner coming along eventually, both to use for the game and to put in sigs to help advertise it, as well as overall prettying up of the format, but here it is. 

Breaking Point

Rarely is progress, drastic progress, a linear and consistent process. It comes in fits and starts, inventions that spark a period of rapid advancement and revolution. The Industrial Revolution of the 19th century was one, the start of the Digital Age another. Progress, of course, continues after these revolutions; but they are the spark.

Thirty years ago was such a revolution. The establishment of the very first colony outside of our orbit. It wasn’t very far, just beyond the Moon, but it was groundbreaking. The first success, funded in large part by private entities, was the start of rapid expansion. Colonies were springing up further and further away, each one more populated than the last. Within fifteen years there were a dozen self-sustaining colonies between Earth and Mars. Some funded privately, some publicly, but all several days beyond easy reach. At the minimum. The furthest colony to date takes weeks to reach.

Once upon a time, it would have taken the better part of a year. Advancements in propulsion have cut that time down, but it still is a trip not to be taken lightly. This relative isolation, naturally, led the disparate colonies to band together. Eventually they sought recognition by the Earth Federation, the governing body established some seventy years ago, as an entity all their own. The Ark Union, as they called themselves, earned as much sovereignty as any member state of the Federation.

Not that everything was perfect. Even now some states refuse to join the Federation, and small-scale border skirmishes occur every few years, if not months. None are large enough, or united enough, to engage in outright warfare with the Federation but the sentiment is there. Some took advantage of the relative autonomy found in space to establish themselves as roving bandits, fueling even further the development of arms for the new age.

That field would experience its own revolution, however, when he Ark Union developed the Arsenal Walker. The term used to be just the project’s code name, but it was quickly adopted as the name of the new weapon system. A humanoid machine, roughly twenty five meters tall, controlled by a pilot seated in an interior cockpit. Multitudes of thrusters arrayed on its frame provided for exceptional maneuverability in space, and its humanoid design allowed for much more adaptability to situations. This machine, AW-001, was more a testbed than a true product. It lacked refinement, and it lacked for weaponry, but it was a powerful statement. The creator, the Dyson Foundation, had also funded the creation of the very first colony. AW-001 has its roots in equipment designed for heavy lifting and construction, both in and out of atmosphere, but one of their engineers saw its potential.

Notably, the Dyson Foundation sold the framework for the AW-001 to anyone willing to pay. Independent engineering propelled the system forward rapidly, multiple corporations tweaking and improving upon the design. After a time, even the Earth Federation, seeing the way the winds were blowing, purchased several frames.

Engineering them for use on Earth’s surface was a more difficult task, but one taken very seriously. For alongside the revolutions in engineering, news of certain other practices in the colonies was breaking.

An inspector from the Earth Federation found that multiple government-funded projects were undertaking illegal genetics research into cloning and gene manipulation, using the results as an easy labor force for the colonies. Despite sanctions by the Federation, the work continued. Eventually the practices became widespread, leading to mounting tensions between the Federation and its member entity.

Those tensions continue to this day, thirty years since the colonies were founded. The isolation of the Ark Union made investigations into its activities difficult, and its representatives, seeking space to expand upon the Earth itself, have become increasingly belligerent. As the sanctions mount, so too have tensions between the Federation and the Union. Tempers are running high.

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Summary:

To make a long story short, a wide range of colonies between here and Mars were established thirty years ago. The colonies invented Arsenal Walkers, the war machines currently in use by all factions, and began using cloning and genetic manipulation to both engineer their citizens and their work force. Tensions between the Federation and colonies are high, and may be approaching a breaking point.

You will play as a civilian or soldier of the Federation, stationed in (insert city name here). As these events unfold, you will have your part to play.

Setting:

Miles from where a continent was cut in two, one of half a dozen pipelines to space has become the nucleus to a thriving city of around four and a half million souls. Horizon is one of half a dozen such cities, cities that sprang up around the sites of the most critical pipelines to space: mass drivers. The massive complex used to bring people into space is situated in the outskirts of the city, connected by a major highway to the heart of the metropolis. The complex, in addition to the mass driver, houses docking for ships leaving and arriving on Earth.

In addition to the driver, Horizon plays host to a large harbor and airport, permitting travel across the globe as well as from it.

Given its nature as a hub of transportation, Horizon plays host to outposts of major corporations, tourist services, and more trade than anyone could fathom. Items shipped through the city inevitably drop part of their wares with its stores, taking advantage of the city’s constant traffic to make sales. The urban sprawl is set up remarkably well, with parks interspersed throughout the city and pedestrian-friendly bridges over major roads. The corporate side of things, be they offices or warehouses, are located near the outskirts of the city, leaving the center free for residence and smaller businesses. The beach is a frequent attraction, especially for those coming from space, as it is situated close to the mass driver facility.

A Federation Forces military base is located on the outskirts of the city, as well, with its diplomatic offices closer to the city center. The base is a surprisingly large one, possessing extensive facilities for Walker maintenance and launch, as well as a large Research and Development wing. The facility has its own shipyard, though its vessels are (primarily) docked near the mass driver when not on business to the base proper.

Horizon, situated within a Federation member state, is governed by its laws. With the cultural exchange of a largely open world, various regional cultures and traditions are intermixed under a fairly standard legal code.

Mecha and Technology:

The primary weapon of war, in this time period, is the Arsenal Walker. Though often supported by more traditional vehicles and soldiers, Walkers have revolutionized the battlefield. Standing, on average, about 20 meters tall, these mechanical humanoids possess roughly human proportions, though the details may vary. The average Walker is agile enough to outmaneuver the average main battle tank, and those not maneuverable enough are armored enough to take a shot from one and keep on ticking. Walkers are powered by miniature cold fusion reactors, usually secreted away in the torso, and piloted from a cockpit inside the machine. Primary sensor arrays are housed in head-like units on the top of the machine.

All Walkers, no matter how complex they become, all have their roots in the original AW-001 frame. As a result of this, and the Federation’s work in keeping things consistent, most technology used by them can with a little work be used in most other Walkers. A few noteworthy exceptions aside.

More information on individual units can be found in the Walkers tab.

Space travel, similarly, has advanced. Mass drivers are used to propel large, space-faring ships (be they military or civilian) out of Earth’s atmosphere, and most vessels are designed to be capable of re-entry under their own power, as well as flight in-atmosphere. Ships are propelled by EM Drives, first discovered in the 21st century and refined in the modern day. These engines run on minimal fuel, and are capable of traversing the distance to Mars in roughly seventy days. They can reach, provided an uninterrupted flight, the furthest permanent colony in roughly fifty six days.

Military ships are armored, and make use (primarily) of railguns and other projectile weaponry. Newer and larger ships brought out of drydock by the Federation are just starting to make use of focused beam weapons, and they are very much in the trial phase.

Colonies have been established between here and Mars, the nearest being a few cities of varying size on the Moon, and the furthest being most of the way to Mars. Colonies established in space, rather than on a planet or planetoid, take the form of O’Neil cylinders; vast cylindrical colonies with panels arranged around a center axis. The colony spins on this axis to generate artificial gravity by way of centrifugal force.

Arsenal Walkers:

All Federation Walkers are, as a rule, equipped with additional protection around the cockpit and an effective ejection mechanism for the pilot. Most weaponry used is, due to a shared base frame, compatible across all Walkers with some effort.

FAW-007[G] Warrior: One of the earliest functional designed still in service. While the machines are consistently upgraded to keep current, the base frame has not changed. 22 meters tall, slightly above average for a Walker, the Warrior is the workhorse of the Federation Forces. Something of a jack of all trades, the Warrior is reasonably armored and reasonably agile, excelling in neither area while performing adequately in both. The ground variant of the Warrior has been painted in every color from Federation Forces standard to camo variants for urban, desert, and jungle warfare. Possessing space for a number of additional systems and weapons, the baseline model is equipped with standard sensors and a combat rifle with shield. Cockpit is present inside the chest.

FAW-016 Gunner: Designed to fill the artillery role, the stocky, 25m Gunner is one of the heaviest machines on the battlefield. It sacrifices its mobility for unusually durable armor, and unusually high levels of firepower. The baseline model’s power supply feeds directly into a pair of downsized railguns that angle over its shoulders, propelling various slugs at high velocities towards their targets. Various other weapon systems are constantly present, outfitted and changed based both on pilot preference and mission requirements. Its benefits, however, come at a cost; the railguns require most of the power core’s output when fired, requiring the machine to be completely still for its operation. Its abundance of weapon systems, as well, reduces its short range sensor options and the multitude of controls necessary for a pilot to operate in order to use both weapons and other functions is immense. For this reason, the original FAW-016 has largely been phased out in favor of the FAW-016A, redesigned for two pilots; one to control the suit’s primary functions, and the other to act as a gunner. The original can still be found in use, however. Both variants have their cockpits in the chest, while the FAW-016A has a fighter jet style two-seater cockpit.

FAW-014 Scout: Roughly 17m tall, the Scout is one of the smallest, in height and mass, Walkers fielded by the Federation. Its design clearly echoes its purpose, with more thrusters and less armor than any other design currently in service. The Scout, as the name implies, is meant to be an advance recon unit, responding to (and performing reconnaissance on) potential threats before they arrive. Its speed and agility are second to none on the ground, but it comes at the cost of armor and heavier weapon systems. Some Scouts have been modified to carry more potent weapons without the reduction in speed, but such designs are uncommon; they require ever further reduction of the already comparably frail machine’s armor. Cockpit is located in the chest, standard sensor array,

FAW-022 Raptor: One of the newest models, the Raptor is one of the most effective transformable Walkers. At 19.6m the Raptor is around the average Walker size, and every meter has been optimized for aerial combat. First developed from flight capable backpacks for other Walkers, Raptors possess a large array of powerful thrusters, with the most powerful embedded in the back. Smaller thrusters can be found in the legs for added stability. These thrusters grant the Raptor unparalleled speed in the air, at the cost of armor. However the most unique feature of the Raptor is it’s ability to transform into a high speed aerial fighter form. Capable of achieving incredibly high speeds, the Raptor is able to easily outperform the fighters of old. In terms of armaments, the transformable nature of the Raptor means that only possesses a single gun in Walker mode and small machine guns built into its head. Combat knives can also be added into holsters built into the legs, a variant with a missile system installed does exist. However said variant comes at the cost of some speed, and the missiles are most effective in aerial combat. However the main drawback of the Raptor is the high strain it places on the body, as such only the most able of pilots are capable of flying a Raptor in combat. Cockpit is located in the chest in Walker mode but becomes the nose cone in Flight mode. A slightly upgraded sensor array is built into the Raptor to allow for greater ease during dog fighting.  

Profile:

The profile form is included below. If there are headings that are not there that you wish to use, feel free to add them; these ones, however, are absolutely necessary for a character’s approval. If your character possesses a Walker, you must also fill out a profile for their machine.

All military characters are part of the Federation Forces, and it is recommended that civilian characters have some kind of proximity, either socially or location-wise, to the military to avoid being too spread out to interact with the plot.

Name: Self explanatory.

Gender: I feel like I really don’t need to explain these first three headings; gender goes here.

Occupation: What does your character do for a living? If they’re military, please note rank here as well, bearing in mind that most of your characters aren’t going to be very high ranked.

Appearance: What does your character look like? Please be detailed. You don’t have to write a novel just about how your character looks, but please be more detailed than just jotting down a few characteristics.

Equipment: What does your character carry? Weapons, medical supplies, things of that nature go here. Also use this spot to denote possession of a Walker.

Skills: What is your character good at? Be reasonable, they’re not some unstoppable super-ace.

Personality: While I understand that personalities are hard to pin down at first, please include an overview of your character’s general behavior.

Bio: Every character has a history, and here is where you outline that. This can be incredibly detailed, or fairly basic; just please give a decent overview of their past, even if other characters will not know it.

Weakness: No one is perfect. What is your character’s weakness, be it a fatal flaw or an insufficient skill?

Profile for Arsenal Walkers:

Base Model: Even customized, all Walkers have a base frame. The ones that players can start with are outlined above. If you wish to use a custom one, that is permissible; but you have to give a fairly detailed overview, and be aware that it must fit in with other mass produced models.

Designation: Even mass produced machines need something to differentiate them. What is this specific unit called?

Appearance: Describe its appearance, with particular attention to how it differs from a stock model.

Armaments: What are its weapons? Be reasonable, and bear in mind what the model of your choice could feasibly use.

Weakness: All machines have some kind of flaw.

Pilot: Self explanatory. Who pilots it?

Rules:

1. Obey all BZPower rules.

2. Listen to the staff.

3. No godmodding; this includes, but is not limited to, autohitting, metagaming, and bunnying. I think most of you know what constitutes godmodding and what doesn’t, but if there is ever a question, err on the side of caution and take it to the staff.

4. Do not kill another player’s character without their permission.

1. If, however, a character is put in a position wherein their only option of survival is to godmod, that character will be killed.

5. All profiles must be approved by the staff. While there is no hard character cap, we do reserve the right to deny approval if your number of characters is getting unreasonable.

6. The staff will deal out punitive action as needed, though it will hopefully be unnecessary. Depending on the severity of the transgression, punishment may range from character injury to temporary or permanent ban of the player.

7. Please maintain a degree of realism; yes, your characters are piloting robots that should not, technically, exist, but please stick to what would be reasonable realistic.

8. Have fun.

• Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

It cannot. The Raptor's thrusters on its back and legs in Walker form permit it to maneuver quickly along the ground, or very, very briefly sustain trajectory when converting from fighter, but cannot hover. Maneuvering thrust only while in Walker form.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Hey, a quick question for everyone.

Is it actually still a rule that co-hosts are needed? Because I was just looking around the rules for RPGs for future planning in case I decide to make another RPG, and... That is nowhere to be seen. I know it used to be a thing, like long ago... But it seems to have vanished, and are we sure it's still a thing?

Hey, a quick question for everyone.

Is it actually still a rule that co-hosts are needed? Because I was just looking around the rules for RPGs for future planning in case I decide to make another RPG, and... That is nowhere to be seen. I know it used to be a thing, like long ago... But it seems to have vanished, and are we sure it's still a thing?

Like you said, there doesn't seem to be an official rule anywhere, but there's definitely an unspoken rule that an RPG will have at least two hosts. If there's only one host and he/she disappears, then that RPG is dead. It's just not a smart move. If such an RPG were presented for approval, I think the Judges would take issue with that, especially considering how difficult it is to keep an RPG afloat in OTC even when it has multiple hosts.

I believe it was instituted as a rule (like, an actual proper rule, written down and everything) on the old forums after one too many incidents of exactly what Eyru describes; a host vanishing and their RPG becoming dead in the water. It just hasn't made it to these forums because...well, none of the rules have. We've just got a couple of placeholder posts. Someone should really get working on that...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Well don't look at me I don't have the authority for such a move.

Onua.png

I believe it was instituted as a rule (like, an actual proper rule, written down and everything) on the old forums after one too many incidents of exactly what Eyru describes; a host vanishing and their RPG becoming dead in the water. It just hasn't made it to these forums because...well, none of the rules have. We've just got a couple of placeholder posts. Someone should really get working on that...

I'll see what I can do.

• Upvote 1

You know, it occurs to me now that most RPGs around here seem to be made with the intent of running for a long time, often months or even years, and few of them ever do (I've seen a couple of RPGs that never made it past the first page). I find myself wondering if perhaps it would be a good idea to start making more RPGs designed to run for shorter periods of time. For instance, maybe set it up to run for a month. I'd imagine there would be some different procedures (there would probably have to be a schedule for major developments), but it would give it a better chance of actually making it to the end.

A 1-month RPG is too short, sadly. You'd never get further than maybe a day IC.

Yeah, that occurred to me after I made the post. One month might be a bit too short, but setting a finite amount of time could still work. It would make it easier to commit to such an RPG if people knew how long they'd be taking part in it.

Edited by Atton Rand

The idea of RPGs with set beginnings and ends has been proposed, and with newer rules concerning probation periods and how many RPGs you can run at once we could see it attempted. I think that there's potential, but I'd need to see a fully fleshed out idea before saying anything on whether or not I could see it working.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Back in my day, we had the dreaded three month spotlight due to contest rounds being spaced at those intervals in the BRPG forum, it certainly forced people to either create a coherent game and execute it in a timely manner, or die trying.

I doubt it'd work here though, I think it's not so much that beginnings and ends are commonly whack so much so as the middle portion of basically every game, here and BRPG looks awful quarmire-y and never properly transitions to an ending, or even has an opportunity to do so.

• Upvote 5

...but close to it

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I don't want to make any promises just yet, but it seems my idea for a Mad Max RPG has been the best-received so if I'm going to start anything that would probably be the one to go for. I thought I might try making a draft but there's still some things I'd need to work out. I can get a description and the character form, but that's about it for the moment until we figure out some of these details. I guess here is what I've got so far:

Mad Max: The RPG*

Long ago, for reasons many people have forgotten, there was an apocalypse that happened. Society is gone and all that remains is the barren Australian deserts. Now it is a world of chaos for those who remain. Men and women are prepared to kill each other for fuel, violence is a solution for many problems, and there seems to be a lot of guys who look like Bruce Spence.  You are an individual trapped in this world, and it does not matter who you once were. Now there is only one objective: survive at all costs. How you plan to do it is up to you, but that is what you must do.

To join, you will have to fill out this form:

Name/Nickname:
Vehicle: (if applicable)

Prior Occupation:
Appearance:
Backstory:

Now there are a few things I think we'd need to figure out before this thing could get anywhere near a level to be approved and actually become a successful RPG. I'm just going to make a list of everything that comes to mind:

• Chronology: This is pretty straight forward, it's just a matter of deciding precisely how and to what extent this RPG, if I were to start it, would tie in with the four Mad Max films. The option that I think makes the most sense would be to set it after the events of Fury Road, since that way we can pick up where the films left off and do our own story. 
  • Official Characters: Basically, characters who were actually created by George Miller for the films, rather by any of the players for the RPG. I've been in a few licensed RPGs in the past, and usually the most common choice in this area was to cast official characters as NPCs who could be controlled by any player depending on the circumstances. There was also usually a rule protecting them from being killed off by players. Theoretically that system could work here, but I'm not 100% sure if it's the best choice. Of course, if we did allow official characters to get killed off, we'd probably have to have some kind of regulation in place to ensure that we didn't get everyone wiped out as soon as the RPG begins. Alternatively, some RPGs are able to cut out official characters entirely, though that depends on the franchise (Star Wars, for instance, has a distinct enough world that it can be recognized without Vader making an appearance), but then again it wouldn't really be Mad Max without...well... Max. 
  • Player vs. Player Confrontations: If we're going to make an RPG based on a franchise that centers around people killing each other for fuel, these kinds of situations would be inevitable. Normally there are rules against killing other players' characters, but in this case it would be a bit awkward for people to have to keep contriving some situation to get out of one of these confrontations when they do happen. At the same time, though, we'd want some degree of fairness to both players in this hypothetical situation. This would probably mean that certain confrontations would have to be moderated by another player to ensure both participants get a fair chance even if it is possible for one of them to get killed eventually.

"Something to do" would also be a good to consider. You just give players a big sandbox (literally, in this case) and expect them to do all the work for you then nothing's going to happen as they get bored of having no story. Got to have some form of hook or draw

That's true. If I were to start this game, there probably would be an emphasis on the constant clash between players, encouraging people to form alliances and work against others, but I suppose that alone would only work for so long. Obviously player survival would be the prime objective but would make sense to have some things people can do while not getting into confrontations double-crossing each other in some way. There would have to be the right sort of balance, something that gives people a clear goal (if only a short-term one) while simultaneously leaving room for players to do their own thing.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit of a strange idea, but then again it would somewhat fit the tone of Mad Max since to a degree since The Road WarriorBeyond Thunderdome, and Fury Road all center around trying to find someplace better. At the very least I could see the idea of rumors surrounding a land bridge being a good starting point. If we were to go this route, it might mean this probably wouldn't be a very long RPG but that's okay. Designing it with the intent of keeping it relatively short (I would imagine not going more than a few months) would help keep it simple and perhaps actually give it a chance of finishing for once (something that almost never happens, out of all the RPGs I've taken part in I've maybe played in two that actually managed to reach the end of their stories).

I think we'd also need a good starting point, something organized in such a way that everyone is in one place relatively close. I was thinking of maybe using a location from the films. The two possibilities that stand out for me are either Bartertown (from Beyond Thunderdome) or the Citadel (from Fury Road) but I'd be open to suggestions if anyone wants to recommend something else.

Edited by Atton Rand

• 2 weeks later...

OH GAWD NO!

Back to Fallout, I believe Obsidian had wanted to make another Fallout game taking place in New Orleans, so if I had someone more experienced than me helping me, then it could work.

Plus, it'll give me a chance to exhibit my intimate knowledge of old timey music.

The idea I have is that an offshoot of the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel goes into exile in the New Orleans area, setting up shop in a fortification they call "Maxsonville," just west of New Orleans. Meanwhile, some of the last surviving remnants of the Enclave set up shop in the ruins of Baton Rouge. Despite having differing ideals to the Enclave in California and D.C., they're still regard as hostile by the Brotherhood, and have been at war with each other for several years.

And, finally, remnants of the Master's army are wandering around the northeastern part of the region, attacking settlements for Lord knows why. Already, several towns have gone darks, worrying nearby cities and caravans.

All the while, New Orleans remains a center of knowledge and culture, extending it's influence across the wastes. Doctors, scientists, artists and writers flock from near and far to study at the University, while refugees from the city of Memphis flee to within the great walls, built before the war to get New Orleans protected from Communist fleets and marines.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that for a time there was a super hero based rpg called To Save the World.I myself found it very entertaining and well fleshed out,and was entertaining to just read what people had posted sometimes. I would seriously like one of those original, non popular comic series based, rpgs again, but it doesnt seem that there are any like that currently.while I myself would not be able to run one, I would gladly participate from time to time,as well as help produce the beginning idea for the backstory.

edit:edited in link to dedicated wiki site.

Edited by stargatestaticTH

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

So... I found this thing;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22r44p0eksc4aph/FalloutToA.pdf?dl=0

It's an old Fallout RP I wrote but never finished until now. It takes place in Arizona in 2299 after a Wild Card ending in Fallout: New Vegas. Arizona's a place I know pretty well (at least the White Mountains area) so I think putting an RP there would be pretty cool.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

I can confirm that literally everyone was in TSTW! at some point, including Richard Nixon himself.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

i think it would really benefit from a reboot.im planning on writing a superhero comic series, and it would be a great inspiraition.i have plenty of superheroes already made to populate the world and/or as "adoptables".

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

Superhero things getting reboots...

TSTW was very straightforward, good guys punching/being punched by bad guys, literally one of the main factions was named the Coalition of Corruption, so that's... well, that's definitely one way of approaching things. Keeps it simple.

Also, "adoptables"? Gotta admit, not totally clear on that one.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom