The Playlist

So I mentioned this in the Video Game You Last Played topic but I figured I'd create its own thread.  What's a game you love that you think everybody should play, at least once?  Post it here and why you like it.  The idea is to get a list of cool games, then when you're looking for something new to play, check out the list of what other people posted.  Hence it shall be named the Playlist.

I'm gonna cheat and post three to start.

Numbers 1 and 2: Doom (the old one) and Doom 2.  Two of the best first-person shooters ever.  What I like about these is that you can play them at whatever pace you want.  You can go slow and clear out the levels room by room, or you can just dash through them holding down the mouse button like a maniac.  It never forces you to go faster or slower than you want.  The controls are simple, you have all the guns you need, there's a ton of mods... there's not much bad you can say about them.  Doom 2 is pretty much the same as Doom 1 with a few new monsters and a bigger shotgun.

Number 3: Myst.  I don't know why this game gets so much hate.  The worlds are beautiful, the story's actually pretty good albeit awkwardly told.  You wake up on a desert island with a magic library.  There's no pressure or goal, just you exploring.  If you buy a copy, make sure to get one of the remastered versions, it takes like three minutes to load your game in the original.

So what are your favorites?

• Upvote 1

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Number 4.  Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

Number 5. Oddworld: Abe's Exodus

These two are some of my favorite games ever, and in my opinion some of the best games ever made. A platformer with both technology and mystic powers (as well as dark humor), its no wonder I fell in love with both the first game and Bionicle at the same time. Like Bionicle, i was heartbroken when the game company was shut down (or went on hiatus), because both make up a core part of who I am. With Abe's Oddysee, it was remade recently under the title of New 'n Tasty, i however recommend the original version because it has a darker and more atmospheric feel whereas the remake feels more goofy (still a great game with great visuals).

You play as a mudokon, a green servile race utilized by technologically advanced race of corporate owners and slave owners called glukkons, your character being Abe, who is the only blue mudokon at a meat-processing plant called Rupture Farms, the largest one on the planet of Oddworld. You learn a terrible secret about the company and you run, run run run-run-run. Along his journey's Abe comes across many monsters and enemies, who he cannot fight and must either avoid, run away from, or take advantage of. He also finds himself, rediscovers the identity of his people, and learns his destiny.

Abe's Exodus is a direct sequel to Oddysee, the story being as good and the game-play being a large improvement.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Number 6. UNDERTALE

Though it may be overhyped by the internet at large, UNDERTALE for all that it is worth is one of, if not my most favorite game of all time, and the music certainly does not fall short when it comes to such a placement. The game itself in an RPG of sorts with a large emphasis on morality and understanding if you wish to go down such a path. This of course interests me, because though we did see some morality based things in BIONICLE, to my knowledge it was never emphasized.

The game's music is a more so simply yet awesome mix of songs ranging from wacky, to heartfelt, to epic, to just straight up emotional, almost depressing in a way if not totally so. And with such awesome music of course people would come to make remixes and what have you, but personally the original soundtrack stands tall above them all, simply because it keeps the base of it all, the base of the mood, and unfortunately some fan made remixes/remakes don't do this. Though I do fancy a few metal covers of my favorite songs from the game once and a while, the original songs like I said IMO are absolutely fantastic.

There is also a fan-made sequel in the works right now called OVERTALE, and the music from. That game is just as, if not better than the original game's music. There are some freaking great composers, voice actors, and illustraitors in that community, though more so the first two. Just thought I'd give that a mention. The game isn't done yet, of course, but I feel as if its deserving of at least this much.

Edited by Spoopy Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png