Cool little Bohrok Va

banana92

So the Bohrok Va are some of my favorite sets released, I just love the idea of little scout/medic style villans who seek out fallen bohrok, and being sold right in the heart of my childhood, as well as their adorible compsure helps propel that opinion.

So I made a Bohrok Va MOC, Fehrok Va!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/banana92/Recolors/20161020_223738.jpg

The idea is that I wanted something with a bohrok shield not present on other bohrok va, dark gray as a secondary came to mind because I chose the dark orange color for the set, and it suited the iron feel, also the smoke eyes helped with that vibe, I also wanted to use a weapon not used for any other set, so my recent trident fit the bill perfectly here

Now I wanted to make him different, and so I chose the extended waist akin to Gahlok Va, the neck however was sort of a happy accident, as I had already used one of my 2 dark orange 1# connectors on Pewku and couldn't find the second, in using this, I noticed it gave him a hunched look and it grew on me fast. His krana in theory will be light grey since they exist in hard plastic

So far I love the little guy and I plan on making a medium blue/turquise Bohrok Va soon when I get kongu's mctoran feet, the hard part will be the weapons and krana holder, I will use the minifig katanas in teal if I must though. The eyes might be yellow? or medium green? Not sure yet

• Upvote 4

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Same here, can't wait to get Kongu's feet, surprised I don'the have them already, the colors for it were a difficult choice since turquoise didn't come to mind right away but now I love the idea, I think it will still be a water element though, haven't decided yet, and if I can find a way to give it Tahu's medium blue fire sword without it looking gaudy...

Of course my profile picture is the Nuhvok Va I drew way back when the drawings were popular, I may make one for Fehrok VA too!

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

It's a neat recolour, we need a few more photo's though.

More on the way, it was late and the lighting was awful, heading to a park now and I might be able to sneak in a few before sunset, with my phone though :/

Anyway here is another small gem, Wahrok Va?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/banana92/Recolors/20161021_170715.jpg

he isn't very special and I didn't really like the sand blue but it did offer the unique weapon so, compromise

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

It's a neat recolour, we need a few more photo's though.

More on the way, it was late and the lighting was awful, heading to a park now and I might be able to sneak in a few before sunset, with my phone though :/

Anyway here is another small gem, Wahrok Va?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/banana92/Recolors/20161021_170715.jpg

he isn't very special and I didn't really like the sand blue but it did offer the unique weapon so, compromise

That is so cute!

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Nice couple of sets dude; very believable. It is kinda lame that we only got six swarms of Bohrok and Va in the story given the additional elements, though I suppose we did get the Kal to kind of make up for it.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I have invisioned Kal-Va but the prospect kind of bored me :/ it's a neat concept but the silver makes them less believeable, still totally do able though, silver 3 liftarm, silver hand connectors (without the axle attached) in color arm, neck, and probably hip attachment piece, silver bohrok shields, they build themselves really

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Thank you, yeah, I like him top, wasn't too sure on the name and though I like tge sand blue/medium blue mix, it's not the most camera friendly, he is a little special in that he uses a 2003 matoran hip piece to connect his legs to the torso, which actually takes posibility, but I like it for that, and I'm getting used to the weapon

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Fehrok Va looks really good. I must say your first picture of it really didn't do it any justice. I love, love, love the way that shield looks on the Va build. My only complaint is that the secondary color distribution does't actually match the original Va, making the grey trident stand out a little in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Where exactly is that recolored bohrok kal shield from?

The Hewkii-orange Sonics Shield comes from the 2004(ish?) edition of the Millennium Falcon; the other is, if I'm correct, from the Technic Super Battle Droid.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Wow, clever! As a kid I enjoyed making my own creations like Matoran and Toa using the sets as a template, and also loved collecting palette swaps of Bionicle parts from other themes. But I never even thought about other Bohrok-Va colors being possible! I guess it really takes someone who loves the Bohrok-Va to realize that kind of potential.

I kind of wonder if another eye color like Tr. Fluorescent Blue (Trans-Medium Blue) or Tr. Bright Bluish Violet (Trans-Purple) might be better for this guy. One of the coolest things about the Bohrok in my opinion was how they all had eye colors that sharply contrasted with their primary and secondary colors. Then again, I guess Pahrak's Tr. Green eyes were sort of an exception to that. Your call!

• 2 weeks later...

It never really struck me how adorable the Va were until I saw this topic.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )