Set Review: 75120 K-2SO

75120_K-2SO_Review_teaser.jpg

There's still about two months until Rogue One: A Star Wars Story releases in theaters, but the toys are already here, leading the marketing charge. Of course there's a bunch LEGO sets to go along with it, and today we're looking at one of the buildable figures, 75120 K-2SO. Will this be the droid you're looking for, or is he better off getting thrown in a Jawa's trash heap? Come watch our video and check out the text and image review to find out!

View the full article

I have this set. Personally, I wish I had gotten the Death Trooper instead. K-2SO, while having a great unique build and being a goldmine for some cool technic parts, isn't really too fun. He doesn't pose well, and the way his hips are constructed limits the ways in which he can move his legs. The action feature is pretty fun, so for play purposes he's probably a blast, but I got him for display, and I just think his whole slender-man stick-insect vibe I get from him just doesn't look like the coolest thing on my bookshelf.

Score: 5.5/10. Great construction, great parts, but not as cool as I thought it would be.

Probably the most interesting figure of the wave, but still a bit underwhelming.  The punchfunction is still neat in theory but still floppy in practice, and the way his torso and shoulders are built can get in the way of it somewhat.  Definitely a figure that would benefit from a few modifications.

Still, not a bad parts pack, with some new colors for neat pieces like the saber handle and BIONICLE armor, plus the brand new thigh shell.

OpAXNpl.jpg

This is the first set throughout my entire Lego fandom that I genuinely would absolutely buy just for the parts. In the past, I was to some extent opposed to the concept of getting a set not because the set is cool, but just to grab the parts in it, but the goodies in this thing are good enough for me to ignore both my indifference towards Star Wars and my dislike of overpriced licensed products.

Dat black 2015 Bionicle add-on tho. I want, like, 20.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

This looks like a neat enough set, especially if you are fan of black Lego pieces. :)

I haven't decided if I'm going to get this set or not. It could make for a good item to put on a Christmas wish list, if I wanted to do that. Guess I'll see in time.

Thanks for the review!

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png