2016 is Bionicle's best year

JoeSmith

That's right, you heard me. This year is the best year for the fandom. For once in the ENTIRE history of Bionicle, a full-length CGI fan film is coming close to completion.

So stop saying Bionicle is dead!! It's not!

I am sick and tired of hearing everyone get out their drums and BLINDLY marching together out of the forums, crying out about Bionicle's "end". Stop lamenting the end of Bionicle!!

It's not gone! Bionicle is coming back, and it's stronger than ever before!

Unless you guys rely on lego to feed you "professionally made animations and story" well, guess what?

We have so many talented animators that are getting IGNORED because people are too busy saying Bionicle is dead.

Holy Gadunka, people need to read these forums more...

• Upvote 2

Well, I agree with people should read the forums more (mine has few responses, too).

Anyway, Bionicle may be cancelled, but we still have it in our hearts and we are going to keep it and our fan community alive.:) That's the least we can do.

Plus, we don't know when will a Bionicle come back, but we'll hope that it will in at least a couple or few years.:)

By the way, I appreciate your spirit for Bionicle.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Well, I agree with people should read the forums more (mine has few responses, too).

Anyway, Bionicle may be cancelled, but we still have it in our hearts and we are going to keep it and our fan community alive. :) That's the least we can do.

Plus, we don't know when will a Bionicle come back, but we'll hope that it will in at least a couple or few years. :)

By the way, I appreciate your spirit for Bionicle. :)

I think Lego just need to leave Bionicle now. Enough screw-ups already.

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Sure, but will the fan film actually be good? I personally don't think it does, though it has plenty of potential and the amount of work put into it is admirable and amazing. And also, a fan film is a fan film. As good and great as it could be, it doesn't change all the dumb stuff that's happened all year to Bionicle, and it's not quite the same as actual canon.

Even if the fan film comes out and is amazing, fan works are usually never enough to fuel life back into the fandom. Only LEGO can really do that. Bionicle is dead only when the fandom is, and an unofficial, unpolished fan film isn't enough to get people talking again.

And the release of a small fan film hardly feels like the cause for the literal BEST year in all of Bionicle. In 2003, '04, '05, and '10 we got full length OFFICIAL Bionicle films with higher-end animation (not really great, but for the time it was pretty cool), and many would argue those weren't even the best years despite that. Your post is optimistic, but also feels like click-bait and thinking through it I personally feel there is far more to go against 2016 being even close to Bionicle's best year, at least for me.

Well if we are going to discuss official Lego content; this was also the year we got an official Bionicle TV show (which was ended after only a few episodes...)

But I still think declaring that this is the best year ever for the theme despite it being the same year it got cancelled seems very contradictory, and I don't agree with that opinion at all. With that said, I still wish you guys luck with your fan film. 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Bionicle the brand? Not exactly. Bionicle for the fandom? Maybe.

I hadn't heard about this fan-film before now, though, I'll have to check it out.

You know what would make it the best year for Bionicle's fandom? JEVIK PT 3

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I mean, no.

How on earth would a full-length fan-film suddenly turn the year that killed off the theme into the best year in the franchise? You'd think that the official full-length films would have had such an impact (well, maybe not TLR). Overall, picking any year of G1 would place it above 2016.

Now, hold up, I'm no G2 hater. I've been among the most vehement defenders of G2 on this site, especially during the whole "will it be cancelled" debate (granted, I was wrong in the end). I really liked G2 and didn't want it to end, and I really liked the 2016 sets, JtO and such, but I don't consider 2016 the best year, and I most definitely won't change that opinion just because of a fan-film, regardless of quality. 

If one fan project is enough for you to declare any given year 'the best', 2016 still wouldn't apply, since at the height of Bionicle fandom near the middle of G1, much more was going on.

I'm not meaning to discredit the fan film in question - I'm sure it's great and the author put much work into it - however it is hardly enough to declare any given year the best, especially if said year marks the cancellation of the line.

That said, as for the sentiments conveyed by the OP, I've said before in another thread that Bionicle only dies when no one cares about it anymore. Still not the best year though.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki: