Does Killing Zyglak Count as Breaking Toa Code?

for those of you who need a Refresher, the Toa Code basically prevents Toa from killing their enemies, or allowing a person to die if it can be prevented. However, Zyglak have an intense hatred for anyone even remotely related to Mata Nui. so, in my opinion, killing Zyglak wouldn't beak Code as your doing them a favor by ending their miserable existance. what do you think? feel free to expand and edit this.

Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, because THEMESONG:

Honestly, I don't think there are such convenient loopholes in the Toa Code. The "no kill" rule seems to be kind of like a set-in-stone dogma with no fine print.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Probably the more ethical thing would be to sit the Zyglak down and give them some intense counselling.  We already know of the existence of Toa of Psionics, the Mask of Charisma, and the Mask of Light (which can "spread understanding to others, generating peace and trust"), so there are absolutely magical solutions to a very human problem.  I mean, it's not like we hunt down racists and exterminate all of them.

I think the real question is why do Toa resort to violence when they have all these nonviolent solutions at their disposal.  Perhaps the Toa are the real villains!

• Upvote 6

I think the real question is why do Toa resort to violence when they have all these nonviolent solutions at their disposal. 

Well firstly these abilities are not available to most individuals (at least on such short notice).  But perhaps some beliefs are just too strong to be swayed by these 'shortcuts'.   -_-

Probably the more ethical thing would be to sit the Zyglak down and give them some intense counselling.  We already know of the existence of Toa of Psionics, the Mask of Charisma, and the Mask of Light (which can "spread understanding to others, generating peace and trust"), so there are absolutely magical solutions to a very human problem.  I mean, it's not like we hunt down racists and exterminate all of them.

I think the real question is why do Toa resort to violence when they have all these nonviolent solutions at their disposal.  Perhaps the Toa are the real villains!

I really wanna read this fanfic now about a Toa whose entire MO is counseling and therapy. Psychoanalyzing Vezon and refusing to say the word 'Piraka.'

Edited by Ta-metru_defender
  • Upvote 2

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I think the real question is why do Toa resort to violence when they have all these nonviolent solutions at their disposal.

Si vis pacem, para bellum; if you want peace, prepare for war.

Seeing as the Zyglak hated other beings inside of the MU to the point where they would attack them on sight, trying to put someone through counseling while they're immediately attempting to disintegrate you or kill you in any other manner that allows them to feast on your corpse seems just a tad bit ridiculous. And yes, they actively ate people, according to Vezon, which would make them the cannibals of the Bionicle universe. Reason doesn't help you out much when faced with an enemy that both hates your guts and simultaneously wants to stuff their face with them.

For the record, however, the Toa Code really only forbids needless killing, not killing in general. It was perfectly acceptable to do so if there was literally no other way to defeat an enemy, if it was a life or death situation, or if it had to be done to save the life of another.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

And yes, they actively ate people, according to Vezon, which would make them the cannibals of the Bionicle universe.

Actual Cannibal Zyglak LeBeouf.

• Upvote 6

Seeing as the Zyglak hated other beings inside of the MU to the point where they would attack them on sight, trying to put someone through counseling while they're immediately attempting to disintegrate you or kill you in any other manner that allows them to feast on your corpse seems just a tad bit ridiculous. And yes, they actively ate people, according to Vezon, which would make them the cannibals of the Bionicle universe. Reason doesn't help you out much when faced with an enemy that both hates your guts and simultaneously wants to stuff their face with them.

For the record, however, the Toa Code really only forbids needless killing, not killing in general. It was perfectly acceptable to do so if there was literally no other way to defeat an enemy, if it was a life or death situation, or if it had to be done to save the life of another.

Obviously you incapacitate and restrain them first; it would be like working with any human in the grip of a psychotic break.  It is complicated that Zyglak cannot be touched and are invulnerable to elemental powers, but that still leaves Kanohi whose powers include telekinesis, mind control, and forcefields.

I mean, there is precedence for what I'm talking about.  Orde's original job was to use his elemental powers to placate the Zyglak.

Obviously you incapacitate and restrain them first; it would be like working with any human in the grip of a psychotic break.  It is complicated that Zyglak cannot be touched and are invulnerable to elemental powers, but that still leaves Kanohi whose powers include telekinesis, mind control, and forcefields.

I mean, there is precedence for what I'm talking about.  Orde's original job was to use his elemental powers to placate the Zyglak.

That would also likely involve capturing a large majority of the remaining Zyglak population formerly trapped inside the Matoran Universe, which, given the fact that mostly everyone of importance were tied up in some way or another due to Makuta Teridax's shenanigans, not to mention that the entire species migrated to Spherus Magna after its reformation, would've been virtually impossible to do. Not only did Toa lack the necessary time required for them to even attempt this, but they'd also be severely outnumbered in the long run as there's currently only around forty of them left alive; seeing as to how the Zyglak were an unwanted byproduct from the process that created Krana, it would probably be safe to assume that their numbers started off at less than half of the combined total of Bohrok the Great Beings originally produced for the GSR before they gave the task to the Bahrag, and for all we know, that means there could be hundreds (if not thousands) more of them running around than the one's we've actually physically seen in the story.

As for Orde, I also seem to recall that he royally screwed up said job, which happened in the presence of the Great Beings themselves (likely the only time in their history that all Zyglak were concentrated in one specific place) and could've very well have been part of the reason why nobody has ever attempted to do it again since.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

That would also likely involve capturing a large majority of the remaining Zyglak population formerly trapped inside the Matoran Universe, which, given the fact that mostly everyone of importance were tied up in some way or another due to Makuta Teridax's shenanigans, not to mention that the entire species migrated to Spherus Magna after its reformation, would've been virtually impossible to do. Not only did Toa lack the necessary time required for them to even attempt this, but they'd also be severely outnumbered in the long run as there's currently only around forty of them left alive; seeing as to how the Zyglak were an unwanted byproduct from the process that created Krana, it would probably be safe to assume that their numbers started off at less than half of the combined total of Bohrok the Great Beings originally produced for the GSR before they gave the task to the Bahrag, and for all we know, that means there could be hundreds (if not thousands) more of them running around than the one's we've actually physically seen in the story.

As for Orde, I also seem to recall that he royally screwed up said job, which happened in the presence of the Great Beings themselves (likely the only time in their history that all Zyglak were concentrated in one specific place) and could've very well have been part of the reason why nobody has ever attempted to do it again since.

I was referring more to the Toa during the golden age of Metru Nui, when there weren't really fighting for the fate of the world and had nothing but time to kill.  Largely my argument is facetious.  Like the people who say that Bruce Wayne would be better off just hiring the thugs that work for Gotham's supervillains than just beating them up as Batman.  Of course it makes more sense to do that, but it makes for a rather dull tale.

Wasn't a Toa of Psionics the reason​ Zyglak are so hateful?

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

Wasn't a Toa of Psionics the reason​ Zyglak are so hateful?

He contributed it, certainly, but the Zyglak were never really fond of the rest of the Matoran Universe.  Surely if you got a whole bunch of Toa of Psionics who were properly trained in peacemaking you would have much different results.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it depends on which particular Toa you want to focus on: Helryx, Lesovikk and Tuyet wouldn't have a problem with it if the Zyglak interfered in their goals. It's fair to asume that Lessovikk might had some resentment over the dead of his team. Most other Toa would attempt to subdue them and only kill them as a last resource. Kind of what they do with Rahi.

After millenia of attacks on anyone associated with the Matoran culture, I doubt most cultures in the MU would see them as sentinent, regardless of what Orde tried to do. It's not like he did it in the Metru Nui Colisseum after months of advertising.

The only somewhat positive interactions with the Zyglak were when both Karzahni and  Makua Spiriah made alliances with them, and even then thay acted more like pawns. 

• 1 month later...

The Zyglak page on BS01 states that Kopaka once actually managed to take on and defeat 36 of them all by himself.

So the answer to that question is yes.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

The Zyglak page on BS01 states that Kopaka once actually managed to take on and defeat 36 of them all by himself.

So the answer to that question is yes.

But like, that's what Solek said, and Solek is the biggest Kopaka fanboy ever. I wouldn't be surprised if he made this up or it was just a rumor.

• Upvote 1

Either way, it still doesn't change the fact that the Piraka managed to kill off an entire tribe of them down in The Cord.

Seeing as to how the group itself was more than capable of tangling with both the Toa Nuva and the Inika, it's a fair assumption that these two likely possessed a similar potential for success. And aside from the organic masks, the non-elemental lightning, and the immunity to Antidermis due to said lightning, the Inika pretty much possessed the exact same powers/power levels of a standard Toa.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: