Taito - Matoran/Toa of Fire

Pohaturon

Taito was an adventurous if clumsy Ta-Matoran living in a remote village somewhere in the southern isles. His adventuring was considered odd by his fellow villagers, and thus he became something of an outcast. On one of his travels, he encountered a Toa stone. He vowed to look for the Matoran for whom it was intended and help him fulfill his destiny. Little did Taito suspect that he was the intended recipient of the stone. During one of his travels, he encountered an old, abandoned Suva, and upon inserting the stone into a receptacle, a beam of energy turned him into a Toa. 

224d0492b3.jpg

Taito became one of the Undestined - Toa who, lacking a concrete destiny to be fulfilled, were tasked with travelling throughout the various islands of the Matoran universe, seeking evil wherever it may preside. Around the time Taito became a Toa, a number of other Matoran - five, to be precise - also became Toa. All were without Toa teams, and eventually drifted together to form an unofficial team, called the Toa Voya (meaning "voyage", to signify that they are not assigned to any one island).

Taito wears the Kanohi Arai, the Great Mask of Fortification in the shape of a Hau. The Arai combines the powers of other masks, such as the Hau and Pakari in smaller doses, allowing the user to more effectively hold their ground against an overwhelming force.

Taito is unlike most other Ta-Matoran or Toa of Fire. Though his element is characterized by brashness, hotheadedness and arrogance, Taito is curious, adventurous, and well mannered. 

This moc started out when I wanted to come up with my own Matoran build. Then once I was done, I thought I might as well build a Toa version, and then I thought I might as well add him to the new Toa team I was putting together. Further members coming soon!

:kakama:

• Upvote 4

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I really like these build as they have a lot of unique aspects plus a lot of character. Speaking of character I love the character and back story you have created.

Great job!

-Onvermel- :pakari:

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

I really like these build as they have a lot of unique aspects plus a lot of character. Speaking of character I love the character and back story you have created.

Great job!

-Onvermel- :pakari:

Thanks for the kind words!

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I applaud a creative use of the vahkki heads as shoulders on the Toa, but I don't think they look the best. You might try a different piece or trying to add a little more armor there because on top of looking odd, it just looks empty for a toa's shoulder.

Other than that, I have nothing but praise; the body builds on both models are fantastic, the backpacks are creative and well executed, and the detail put into the designs are great! Keep it up :)

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica