Possible Character Crossover Battles?

Toa Imrukii

So it just dawned on me, but what characters would you like to see face off against each other in a fictional crossover battle? After watching a Mugen Fighter mod face off as a demonstration (said character being Toriel, though TBH it wasn't as accurate as I expected it to be) it got me thinking this, what characters would be good candidates to battle one another fairly.

Personally I can see my two idol characters face off against each other, those being Tahu Mata and Toriel (speak of the devil), grant it with a bit of stretched margin, i.e Toriel having illusionary based magic attacks, and being able to do things like summon fire rain or something of the sort. And Tahu Mata of course having all his powers, such as great strength, being able to summon fireballs and throw fire akin to a flamethrower for a duration of time. And Toriel being able to do much the same, hence why I think they'd be good opponents to fight one another. They both have the same basic powers, and personally I'd think they'd both be quite strong.

To extend this, we know that Toa of Fire all have the same base powers, that being damaging Fireballs, and Knockback Fireballs, as well as the ability to throw fire.

Toriel in-canon is shown doing the former two, not so much the latter though, but I think it is something she'd have in her grasp of power. She is a very powerful character, and she is known to not let on about much in-canon.

In short, they both have the same base attacks, but have differing special abilities, they are potentially good opponents to face off against each other. Tahu having combo abilities such as maybe an in-air fireslash ability, a small novablast ability, and being able to use his Kanohi to aid him in battle. Toriel having some illusionary based abilities, such as being able to summon static clones of herself akin to one of Zaktan's abilities, which said ability was demonstrated in BIONICLE Heroes GBA, it essentially leaves a static copy which you have to guess or watch carefully to see which one is the real one, I could see her being able to summon two of these static copies, and having the ability to maybe teleport around or turn invisible and leaving a static copy in the players way akin to the last power described, also having the ability to heal herself momentarily. Hey, if Tahu can have cheep abilities, why not her have one?

So what other character crossover battles do you think would work?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Matoran Nuparu against Tails from the Sonic universe.  I can imagine them having some silly one-upping game going on where Nuparu brings out a Vahki, Tails brings out the Tornado mech, then Nuparu gets the Boxor and Tails brings out a crazier mech... something like that.

Also I wonder if you pitted a Nui-Jaga up against a Drapion from Pokemon, I wonder just who would win.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Stars Tahu (Golden Armor) vs Superman. With all of the powers Tahu gained from using the armor to fight Rahkshi, I'm honestly curious to see how he would square up against the Man of Steel.

Toa Hagah Kualus vs Strider Hiryu (2014). For starters, both have ice-based weapons (so long as Hiryu has his Cypher sword on the 'ice' setting) and can control some form of animal, Kualus being able to control surrounding wildlife and Hiryu being able to command special robotic animals. I think Hiryu's resume alone could make him a worthy foe for Kualus and I'd love to see how a warrior such as the Strider would go up against a Toa.

Toa Nikila vs Kakashi Hatake. A battle of strategy and tons of lightning would be quite the show. Kakashi would be at a disadvantage due to Nikila's Mask of Possibilities, but all he has to do is crack it, then he can let his speed and arsenal of jutsus do the rest. If Nikila were to end up beating Kakashi, though, I'd be interested in seeing how she'd do it. Also, they both control lightning, so that's another similarity.

Hahli Inika vs Zabuza Momochi. Yet another Naruto-related match-up. A fledgling Toa up against a skilled, capable killer who was called a demon even during his childhood would be a scary match for BIONICLE fans. While they both control water and wield bladed weapons, I feel that they have enough differences to spice up the battle, what with Hahli's lightning powers from the Red Star and Zabuza's remarkable melee capabilities.

Pohatu Mata vs Chun-Li. This could end up being a very stupid match-up, so keep that in mind. Both are fast characters and rely on their legs to fight, but if Pohatu uses his Kakama, I don't see Chun-Li lasting too long. However, if they were to have a friendly sparring match, I'm sure Chun-Li might give Pohatu some trouble.

mindeth the cobwebs

Also I wonder if you pitted a Nui-Jaga up against a Drapion from Pokemon, I wonder just who would win.

I'm inclined to say Drapion, mainly since Pokemon are generally portrayed as more intelligent than your average Rahi and also have the edge in fantastical powers. (Well, in this instance at least.  Pokemon moves vs "A scorpion that's also a robot".) A Nui-Jaga would probably be immune to Drapion's poison (being biomechanical could approximate Steel typing), but Drapion has Pokedex entries stating that it doesn't need to rely on poison, so that point doesn't go as far as the Nui-Jaga would need it to.

As for other possibilities...well, I was just watching Dragon Ball Super and find myself thinking Zamasu and Teridax would make interesting foes, but that battle would be difficult to figure out.  I guess it'd make a nice kaiju fight if we had the Rahi Nui fight some giant Heartless like a Behemoth or Dark Hide.  Hm...I can't think of much off the top of my head right now.

Edited by Pahrak #0579

Stars Tahu (Golden Armor) vs Superman. With all of the powers Tahu gained from using the armor to fight Rahkshi, I'm honestly curious to see how he would square up against the Man of Steel.

Toa Hagah Kualus vs Strider Hiryu (2014). For starters, both have ice-based weapons (so long as Hiryu has his Cypher sword on the 'ice' setting) and can control some form of animal, Kualus being able to control surrounding wildlife and Hiryu being able to command special robotic animals. I think Hiryu's resume alone could make him a worthy foe for Kualus and I'd love to see how a warrior such as the Strider would go up against a Toa.

Toa Nikila vs Kakashi Hatake. A battle of strategy and tons of lightning would be quite the show. Kakashi would be at a disadvantage due to Nikila's Mask of Possibilities, but all he has to do is crack it, then he can let his speed and arsenal of jutsus do the rest. If Nikila were to end up beating Kakashi, though, I'd be interested in seeing how she'd do it. Also, they both control lightning, so that's another similarity.

Hahli Inika vs Zabuza Momochi. Yet another Naruto-related match-up. A fledgling Toa up against a skilled, capable killer who was called a demon even during his childhood would be a scary match for BIONICLE fans. While they both control water and wield bladed weapons, I feel that they have enough differences to spice up the battle, what with Hahli's lightning powers from the Red Star and Zabuza's remarkable melee capabilities.

Pohatu Mata vs Chun-Li. This could end up being a very stupid match-up, so keep that in mind. Both are fast characters and rely on their legs to fight, but if Pohatu uses his Kakama, I don't see Chun-Li lasting too long. However, if they were to have a friendly sparring match, I'm sure Chun-Li might give Pohatu some trouble.

Superman would demolish Tahu 10/10. He's far too fast for the Toa of Fire to keep up and waaaaaaay more durable than any Toa. 

I don't know much about the ones in the middle but I'm a bit more knowledgeable on the last one.

Pohatu Mata would win 8/10. He is very durable and very strong. Even without the Kakama or stone powers, Pohatu would take this fairly easily. However, in a friendly sparring match Chun-Li could certainly give him trouble with her skill and fighting style. She wouldn't be able to inflict much damage, but Pohatu wouldn't be wiping the floor with her.

Edited by Pohatu: Uniter of Stone

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Superman would demolish Tahu 10/10. He's far too fast for the Toa of Fire to keep up and waaaaaaay more durable than any Toa. 

I don't know much about the ones in the middle but I'm a bit more knowledgeable on the last one.

Pohatu Mata would win 8/10. He is very durable and very strong. Even without the Kakama or stone powers, Pohatu would take this fairly easily. However, in a friendly sparring match Chun-Li could certainly give him trouble with her skill and fighting style. She wouldn't be able to inflict much damage, but Pohatu wouldn't be wiping the floor with her.

What about with all the Kraata powers Tahu could have? Or does that only work on other BIONICLE characters? If so, then yeah, stupid idea on my part.

Concerning the Kualus vs Hiryu fight, I forgot to mention that Hiryu has no problem fighting out in the cold. In the 2014 Strider game, he fights extremely well out in the (supposedly) Russian winter and he fights a tough robotic boss out in the cold twice, one of the fights being in the sky. I'm not sure how well Kakashi would do, but he's a strategic fighter and has squared up against strategic opponents, but considering he was outsmarted by the same kids more than once in a training match, I doubt he's the best at what he does. As for Zabuza, if he were to lose in the end, he'd put up an alarmingly tough fight.

Yeah, thought so. At least Chun-Li would have a shot in some friendly sparring. :P

mindeth the cobwebs