Bionicle Questions I Hope to get Greg Farshtey to Answer

So, I am sure we all have some unanswered questions about the original Bionicle line, and I hope that eventually Greg Farshtey could answer some questions himself. I will try to give official answers to questions in the mean time using information from Biosector.

My Question for Mr. Farshty is Whatever became of Tyrant?

• Upvote 1

My Epic: Ahkmou's Return and My story collection: Takanuva's Travels are my stories so far, look 'em up.

If you like, you can always ask Greg questions at the Chat with Greg Farshtey. Greg will personally answer the questions you posted there.

Hope this helps. :)

Does he even answer Bionicle G1 things anymore? I mean, he's said some pretty... Do NOT bypass the filer. -B6 things about it after it ended. Didn't he burn all the bridges to focus on his silly little ninjas and whatnot?

:kakama:

Edited by Black Six

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

If you like, you can always ask Greg questions at the Chat with Greg Farshtey. Greg will personally answer the questions you posted there.

Does he even answer Bionicle G1 things anymore? I mean, he's said some pretty... Do NOT bypass the filer. -B6 things about it after it ended. Didn't he burn all the bridges to focus on his silly little ninjas and whatnot?

Check the site. It's like filled with 800 pages nearly worth of G1 questions. (the rest is probably filled with spam and non-G1 related questions)

Although, he does keep his answers really short.

Edit:

I guess it's also worth pointing out that

a) Greg's username is ScribeGT6817

b) he can't answer questions that might lead to potential spoilers. (for obvious reasons)

...and I guess that's about it.

I think it's also best if you don't ask obvious questions that can easily be found on BS01 like "What is a Kanohi?, Is there such thing as a Toa of Vacuum?, Who is Makuta? etc..."

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 3

Check the site. It's like filled with 800 pages nearly worth of G1 questions. (the rest is probably filled with spam and non-G1 related questions)

Although, he does keep his answers really short.

True enough. Saltiness and prejudice got in the way of my better judgement. Apologies.

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 1

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

This is more for more obscure questions, and I recently looked at that chat with greg thing and Lego took that page down

Err... No. Last answer Greg provided was yesterday.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

Really, when I tried to go to the site my laptop told me that the page was taken down.

Same here.

Just checked it, it's still up. Did you get a "Server Not Found" sort of page or did you get an actual page on LEGO.com that said "this page isn't available"? Because if it's the former, it's just a problem with your browser/computer/internet connection.

• Upvote 2
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I'd like him to answer the last element he was going to introduce: Void.

Also anything about the Marrendar. Is it humanoid or a beast?

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I'm not sure where you heard this, but he was never planning to introduce Void. That was a fan-proposed element popular with some fans on BZP, but it never made it to Greg. Psionics was the first, last, and only element he canonized, and he's stated many times since then that he has no interest in introducing more elements.

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I'm not sure where you heard this, but he was never planning to introduce Void. That was a fan-proposed element popular with some fans on BZP, but it never made it to Greg. Psionics was the first, last, and only element he canonized, and he's stated many times since then that he has no interest in introducing more elements.

*leans into ear licking lips and whispering* kreeeeestal

• Upvote 1

"His" silly little ninjas? Greg's scarcely any more involved with Ninjago than he was with Hero Factory or Exo-Force. I believe his main job with LEGO is still as an editor for LEGO Club and the catalogs (which I believe was also his primary job during G1 as well, even if it isn't what we knew him for).

And I don't remember him saying any condemning things about Bionicle G1. As far as I'm aware, he loved his time working on it. It's just that between his actual paying job and personal life, he wasn't able to keep writing unpaid serials. And once G2 came along he felt like resuming Bionicle stories completely unrelated to the current canon would end up generating confusion.

He certainly still answers G1 questions to the best of his ability!

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 2

I'd be interested in getting that Marendar question answered. Let me know if it does.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

"His" silly little ninjas? Greg's scarcely any more involved with Ninjago than he was with Hero Factory or Exo-Force. I believe his main job with LEGO is still as an editor for LEGO Club and the catalogs (which I believe was also his primary job during G1 as well, even if it isn't what we knew him for).

And I don't remember him saying any condemning things about Bionicle G1. As far as I'm aware, he loved his time working on it. It's just that between his actual paying job and personal life, he wasn't able to keep writing unpaid serials. And once G2 came along he felt like resuming Bionicle stories completely unrelated to the current canon would end up generating confusion.

He certainly still answers G1 questions to the best of his ability!

I later realised the silliness of that comment, and how misinformed it was. I offered my apologies afterward.

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 1

*leans into ear licking lips and whispering* kreeeeestal

*turns into a chair with a mouth* kineeeeeeeeeeetikz

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Really, when I tried to go to the site my laptop told me that the page was taken down.

Same here.

Just checked it, it's still up. Did you get a "Server Not Found" sort of page or did you get an actual page on LEGO.com that said "this page isn't available"? Because if it's the former, it's just a problem with your browser/computer/internet connection.
A Lego page that said this page isn't available. I got picture of the guy holding the unplug extension cord.

That's never good to see on lego.com

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

If you like, you can always ask Greg questions at the Chat with Greg Farshtey. Greg will answer the questions you post there.

After some browsing, I just discovered that the inhabitants of Spherus Magna do have weddings.

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/td-p/6605180/highlight/true/page/869

• Upvote 1