Arna, Visk, & the Mogont

Chro

Lovely! Clever spear design (where is that blade piece from??), and an overall excellent combination of CCBS and old parts. The Mogont is the best of the three, cool colour scheme. Does it have no eyes?

Thanks! The blade is from a Technic helicopter set, I believe. The Mogont is indeed eyeless.

• Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I very much like the colours you've used here. The hero factory and bionicle parts have been blended wonderfully. I'm not too fond of the feet for the toa and pac-hunter though.

Yeah the feet are a bit weird. I can see what you were trying to do but it still strikes me as odd. Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I very much like the colours you've used here. The hero factory and bionicle parts have been blended wonderfully. I'm not too fond of the feet for the toa and pack-hunter though.

I very much like the colours you've used here. The hero factory and bionicle parts have been blended wonderfully. I'm not too fond of the feet for the toa and pac-hunter though.

Yeah the feet are a bit weird. I can see what you were trying to do but it still strikes me as odd.

Thanks for the feedback. Still working on techniques for small feet that don't look out of place.

but their spirits

I very much like the colours you've used here. The hero factory and bionicle parts have been blended wonderfully. I'm not too fond of the feet for the toa and pack-hunter though.

Yeah the feet are a bit weird. I can see what you were trying to do but it still strikes me as odd.

Thanks for the feedback. Still working on techniques for small feet that don't look out of place.
Try a hero factory foot or a protector foot.

Try a hero factory foot or a protector foot.

Alas the only HF 1.0 feet I own are white, and still straddle the line of what's unreasonably large, in terms of this MOC's proportions... and the Protector feet (which were actually used as the base for Arna's anyway) are what I was referring to when I said "looks out of place". Edited by Reinhardt Wilhelm

but their spirits

The color scheme and the build of the "Apex Predator" is fantastic.

Thank you!

Try a brick built foot?

Maybe black Borak feet?

Bohrok feet have literally the same issue as the Protector feet. Might work if they came in orange but obviously that's not the case. Unfortunately I don't have enough orange bricks to make feet that'd actually look like feet, but good suggestion.

but their spirits

Thank you!

Try a brick built foot?

Maybe black Borak feet?

Bohrok feet have literally the same issue as the Protector feet. Might work if they came in orange but obviously that's not the case. Unfortunately I don't have enough orange bricks to make feet that'd actually look like feet, but good suggestion.
Hey trying to help as much as I can.

Still really cool MOCs none the least.

Sorry if my tone came across negatively – I appreciate the feedback very much! Thank you :)

• Upvote 1

but their spirits

Sorry if my tone came across negatively – I appreciate the feedback very much! Thank you :)
No hard feelings.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how these guys are exactly seasonal, but I like them!  The spear design is really neat, and I like the use of the Whenua Hordika mask as the back of the Visk's head.  The Mogont has a really nice general look to it, but its forelimbs look a bit off in their proportions.  Arna's feet have been talked about already, of course- do you maybe have any Metru feet in Keetorange?  I think they came in at least two sets- they could work reasonably well.  If not, black feet might work decently too.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Thank you!

Try a brick built foot?

Maybe black Borak feet?

i'd just switch the orange parts for black in the feet actually xp

TheSkeletonMan939, Twister92, SPIRIT and Gatanui are awesome for uploading soundtracks and games and stuff.

The return of a legend.

MOCs look great as always, I just have a bit of a technical note: the first of the four lower photos has the wrong link, it goes to the same gallery as the third photo.

Also, is the head of the Visk a backwards Whenua Hordika mask? If so, great use of it.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Thanks to the staff for featuring this post! 

Not sure how these guys are exactly seasonal, but I like them!  The spear design is really neat, and I like the use of the Whenua Hordika mask as the back of the Visk's head.  The Mogont has a really nice general look to it, but its forelimbs look a bit off in their proportions.  Arna's feet have been talked about already, of course- do you maybe have any Metru feet in Keetorange?  I think they came in at least two sets- they could work reasonably well.  If not, black feet might work decently too.

Arna is orange, not Keet, but Metru feet would probably work in terms of proportions. The Mogont is deliberately ultra-lanky, kinda Xenomorph inspired I guess? Thank you!

And regarding "seasonal" – I was thinking Halloween, but posted them a little late. :P

Wonderfully done! :D The color schemes of all three, when viewed together, have quite the aesthetic beauty in them.

Thanks! I really enjoy making pairs of builds that fit together not just from a story perspective, but also visually.

These are just beautiful, dude! 10/10 bananas

WOW!! AMAZING mocs!!

Thanks guys!

i'd just switch the orange parts for black in the feet actually xp

Eh... xd

The return of a legend.

MOCs look great as always, I just have a bit of a technical note: the first of the four lower photos has the wrong link, it goes to the same gallery as the third photo.

Also, is the head of the Visk a backwards Whenua Hordika mask? If so, great use of it.

Awww too kind.  

Thanks for the tip on the link, I'll fix that ASAP.

Yes it is! Thanks. :) 

but their spirits

Nice work! Arna looks very shapely, striking, and powerful despite being a fairly average-sized humanoid build with a simple color scheme. The only parts of their build that particularly bother me are the knee joints and the length difference between the upper and lower legs, which together make the legs feel a lot less natural.

Visk has wonderful wolf-like proportions, albeit with a somewhat less striking color scheme. While I love Transparent Bright Bluish Violet, I feel like on a primarily black model it can sometimes blend in a little too much. Of course, I understand that your color choices were limited by the Toa Hordika Whenua face/mask piece, which only comes in one color.

The Mogont has the most striking color scheme and the most alien-looking build of these three figures. I especially love the Sand Yellow accents you used for the mandibles, spines, and oversized hands. It contrasts beautifully with the blue parts.

Together, the three make a wonderfully unconventional team, and really feel like they'd have a lot of great adventures together.

• Upvote 2

Nice work! Arna looks very shapely, striking, and powerful despite being a fairly average-sized humanoid build with a simple color scheme. The only parts of their build that particularly bother me are the knee joints and the length difference between the upper and lower legs, which together make the legs feel a lot less natural.

Visk has wonderful wolf-like proportions, albeit with a somewhat less striking color scheme. While I love Transparent Bright Bluish Violet, I feel like on a primarily black model it can sometimes blend in a little too much. Of course, I understand that your color choices were limited by the Toa Hordika Whenua face/mask piece, which only comes in one color.

The Mogont has the most striking color scheme and the most alien-looking build of these three figures. I especially love the Sand Yellow accents you used for the mandibles, spines, and oversized hands. It contrasts beautifully with the blue parts.

Together, the three make a wonderfully unconventional team, and really feel like they'd have a lot of great adventures together.

You're definitely right, the Visk's colors are bland – I wanted to round out the colors of the trio but it could've done with more purple than black, rather than vice versa. The Mogont was definitely the most fun to build, and I think the best of the three. Thanks Aanch!

• Upvote 1

but their spirits

I figured out a foot design that mit work!

You need these parts for 1 foot.

2. 2M CROSS AXLE

1. BALL CUP 3M Ø10.2

1. CATCH W. CROSS HOLE

2. TECHNIC LEVER 2M

Use one axle to connect the catch to the ball cup.

Slide the other axle to into the cross hole of the catch.

Put your two technic levers on the bits of axle sticking out to make it flush to the ball cup.

I used this on my protector child MOC today.

I got the idea from this.

bionicle_moc___matoran_niyyan_by_starbug

• Upvote 1

I figured out a foot design that mit work!

Thanks for the suggestion! Nice MOC
It's not my MOC but I based mine off of this one.

I wish I knew who made it to give them the credit for it.

My bad, I misread "I used this on my child protector MOC, I got the idea from this" as "I used this on my child protector MOC, here it is"

Google reverse search says it's by Starbugs on DeviantArt

but their spirits