Bionicle Movie Trilogy Remastering

KopakaFan116

Hey guys,

So recently I've been working on remastering the Bionicle Movie Trilogy from 2003-2005 by Miramax and Creative Capers. Here's a sample clip of how it looks

so far and there are more details in the video description. What do you all think? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ-8IrjL0bc&t=1s

Edited by KopakaFan116
  • Upvote 3

This is great, I love how good it looks. I just have one question that I've never gotten a proper answer for. Is Vakama's helper a Bohrok? Looking at it more closely in greater detail, the question dawned on me once again.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

This is great, I love how good it looks. I just have one question that I've never gotten a proper answer for. Is Vakama's helper a Bohrok? Looking at it more closely in greater detail, the question dawned on me once again.

No, his helper was a Fire Drone Though I agree that it does look like a Bohrok.

As for the footage, it does look really good. I would love to see how Webs of Shadows looks remastered like this.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Well, my personal opinion is that while it does look better than my DVD copy when scaled up to fullscreen, it still doesn't really look that better. Your work here is undoubtedly good, but the source material is not promising. the DVDs had quite poor quality (digitally speaking, especially with today's standards) and were riddled with heavy interlacing (except LoMN, which was only ghosted at some parts).

Upscaling than adding 'sharp filter' won't make this any better, only a true HD version released by miramax would look really better (I believe that they actually exist somewhere on their storage).

Sadly I find it hard to believe that we would every lay out hand on it tough, as the movies weren't popular enough for a licenced re-release (even not through a streaming service).

Anyway - I do appreciate your work, it never hurts to see such projects ;)

But seriously, leave the aspect ratio be. 

Sadly I find it hard to believe that we would every lay out hand on it tough, as the movies weren't popular enough for a licenced re-release (even not through a streaming service).

They were all on Netflix for a while, but it seems like the contract ran up and they didn't renew it. I never checked to see if those releases were HD - anyone else remember?

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I suggest not squishing it vertically.  Keep the source aspect ratio.

Well, my personal opinion is that while it does look better than my DVD copy when scaled up to fullscreen, it still doesn't really look that better. Your work here is undoubtedly good, but the source material is not promising. the DVDs had quite poor quality (digitally speaking, especially with today's standards) and were riddled with heavy interlacing (except LoMN, which was only ghosted at some parts).

Upscaling than adding 'sharp filter' won't make this any better, only a true HD version released by miramax would look really better (I believe that they actually exist somewhere on their storage).

Anyway - I do appreciate your work, it never hurts to see such projects ;)

But seriously, leave the aspect ratio be. 

Sorry about the aspect ratio change, guys. The original aspect ratios for all three movies each slightly differ, and there are some minor graphical errors on the right side because it's from a DVD rip.

I will most likely eventually post some clips on my channel with the original aspect ratio.

They were all on Netflix for a while, but it seems like the contract ran up and they didn't renew it. I never checked to see if those releases were HD - anyone else remember?

I watched Web of Shadows on Netflix this year in March, and I remember it said it was in SD and NOT HD sadly.

No, his helper was a Fire Drone Though I agree that it does look like a Bohrok.

As for the footage, it does look really good. I would love to see how Webs of Shadows looks remastered like this.

Thank you! The Remastered version of Web of Shadows will be posted in segments on my channel next week starting Monday thru Friday. Mask of Light will follow shorty after. I'm releasing them on the channel in Chronological order. :)

By the way, would anyone like me to post a high-quality video of the Deleted Scenes from MoL on my channel? I will if there's enough interest.

Edited by KopakaFan116

A remastered would be good if graphical details such as replacing the orange color on vakama's body with red for example and removing the yellow on lhikan's greatswords and stripes on mataus mask

Why do i speak about this, because i dislike some of the additions of colors Miramax did with blue on jaller and takua's bellies. Teridax also looked weird in rusted red and green. Dark silver or gunmetal with black mask would have been better.

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

A remastered would be good if graphical details such as replacing the orange color on vakama's body with red for example and removing the yellow on lhikan's greatswords and stripes on mataus mask

Why do i speak about this, because i dislike some of the additions of colors Miramax did with blue on jaller and takua's bellies. Teridax also looked weird in rusted red and green. Dark silver or gunmetal with black mask would have been better.

Generally remasters of films don't change colors on characters or textures from the original. Usually the video gets some color correction, sharpening, and other things but not that. While you can certainly have your own opinions on how the characters should've looked in the films, if they kept all the same colors on "body parts" or "pieces" from the sets, there would be no detail, like just making one of the Toa's legs all red instead of adding textures, silver pistons, and so forth.

If they kept all the same colors on "body parts" or "pieces" from the sets, there would be no detail, like just making one of the Toa's legs all red instead of adding textures, silver pistons, and so forth.

So look at how the legend reborn turned out, it was very fine with minor silver scratches as if the colorscheme was the paintjob on a car. But miramax added mouth modifications that look like a jaw for lewa instead of a folding part of the mask like mata nui did and color lines which matau never had.

Here is a example, i'm not a professional photoshopper but here's a example of how mataus mask would be miramax shaped but color correct as well

matau.jpg

Vakama is also a good example(orange is miramax version)

vakama.jpg

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

If they kept all the same colors on "body parts" or "pieces" from the sets, there would be no detail, like just making one of the Toa's legs all red instead of adding textures, silver pistons, and so forth.

So look at how the legend reborn turned out, it was very fine with minor silver scratches as if the colorscheme was the paintjob on a car. But miramax added mouth modifications that look like a jaw for lewa instead of a folding part of the mask like mata nui did and color lines which matau never had.

Here is a example, i'm not a professional photoshopper but here's a example of how mataus mask would be miramax shaped but color correct as well

Vakama is also a good example(orange is miramax version)

Meh, they'd look kinda bland with literally only one color in their color scheme. I've always liked how they looked more detailed. It made them feel more alive.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

• 2 weeks later...

So good! Keep it up!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

So good! Keep it up!

Thanks! Here are links to Mask of Light parts 1 and 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWTy3EZI7IY  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqS54TCwA54

My friend is binging all the ones you posted this weekend. He wanted me to tell you he said thank you.  ^_^

I'm glad that your friend is enjoying them. :)

Edited by KopakaFan116
  • Upvote 1