Chess Set (Mlcad)

Freddy Mallins

A Medieval-styled chess set which I built using MLCad.

1-title.png

1234 - Bishop5 - King6 - Knight7 - Pawn8 - Queen9 - Rook1011 - HD picture (using LDraw)12 - I recently changed all the white on the board to tan, giving it that antique look13 - HD picture of the tan board (using LDraw)See this topic for an explanation of MLCad, the program that I used.To my knowledge, none of the pieces have any non-real builds to them (except maybe the horse head on the knight, but it is physically possible to separate the head from the body of a horse figure, and I'm pretty certain that the size of tire I used in the digital model would also work in real life).I should note that because of how I've rigged this up in MLCad - that is, I made the models of all the pieces and the board separately and then imported them into one, big, multi-part file - it's possible to actually play chess directly in the program.However, I should also note that I absolutely suck at chess; I just like designing the boards and pieces and such. :sigh: