Your Bionicle G2 Headcanons

All we know that LEGO haven't developed a plot very much, and second generation of the BIONICLE is full of mysteries and unanswered questions. Everyone has their own headcanons, theories and thoughts about G2 plot. Though a theme was closed several months ago, I suggest to discuss it once and for all.

Here are my thoughts about some unrevealed things:

1. The Beginning: origins of the G2, Vahi, everything

G2_Mask_of_Time.png
My theory is that during the Great Beings Civil War, the GBs decided to save the planet and prevent the catastrophe, because everything has gone too far and many innocent lives were lost. The GBs and Artakha created the second half of the mask(Vahi was something like a "Plan B" in case of unforeseen consequences, making it possible to fix everything, something like a panacea), and someone had used it. Unknown, if everything went according to plan or something really bad happened. Anyway, the Vahi reboots the universe(by creating a new G2 universe, like in the Back to the Future trilogy), and the second half of the mask remains in the G2 universe, alongside the G1 Toa Nuva(they're getting new equipment). So, there are two possible scenarios: if everything went well, and if something went wrong.
1st scenario: the universe is rebooted, so the NEW GBs began to create everything we saw, including a water planet, Okoto, Elemental Stars, etc. Unknown, if the GBs have created the Toa or not, but it's confirmed, that the Vahi and the Toa at least are the only things from the G1.
2nd scenario: a time anomaly happens, G2 is something like a "mix" of the universe, and all the things were taken from the original universe but in different times and forms. Water planet is the Aqua Magna before the Reformation, Toa are the Toa Nuva before the 2010 events, Okoto is the Mata Nui before its destruction, etc. This scenario doesn't imply the GBs' intervention, and everything occurs by itself. I think this scenario is more logical.

2. Scorpiokotans

Stone_Shrine.jpeg
I think Scorpiokotans are the ancient race native to Okoto. I'll say more: I think the Skull Slicer is one of them! That race was a peaceful nation lived in the Region of Stone alongside the Islanders. Some of them fought on the Arena in the Mask Makers' city, and the Slicer did. Maybe they even worshiped Ketar. Anyway, they extinct/hid underground after Makuta's Betrayal.

3. The Shadow Realm

800px-BJTO-Capital_in_the_Shadow_Realm.p
I think it's the Umarak's personal pocket dimension, like Zivon's Zone of Darkness. I think you got the idea. Umarak was sitting there for thousand years, but after Makuta's Betrayal, the whole city has been teleported to his dimension. Makuta met Umarak and hired him for the big quest. The Skull Creatures seen in TJO are actually dead bodies of the Skull Raiders, buried under the city a long time ago. After the teleportation of the whole city, Makuta used his dark powers to revive them. So, that's why there are Skull Warriors and Spiders in the SR.

4. Golden Mask of the Skull Spiders

600px-Golden_Mask_of_the_Skull_Spiders.p
That mask did not appeared in the storyline, however it is canon. I guess Makuta had created the mask sometime during his relationship with Kulta. It may be something like a "present" to make amends and get a leg in with the Skull Raiders. Also he could create it during his residence in the Shadow Realm, but then he should transfer it to Umarak, and Umarak should transfer it to LoSS(if it possible to take objects from the SR to the real world).
Also it can be something like an artifact, that Skull Raiders brought with them during the journey to Okoto. I like this theory much more.

5. Skull Creatures

800px-Skull_Creatures_Commercial.png
ALL of the Skull Creatures have came from the an unknown island(maybe the land to the right from Okoto. I'll call it a "Skull Island") with the Skull Raiders, even LoSS, Skull Spiders and Scorpions(the creature from the polybag). Maybe the Skull Raiders used the Scorpions as a torture, or these animals lived in the ship hold, and then got out on the island and bred.

• 2 weeks later...

I stick by one major headcanon with G2, and no one will ever take it from me.  Not even Greg Farshtey himself.

G2 takes place after G1 in the same universe, because Okoto and the G2 characters were built by Great Beings solely to satisfy their addiction to building things.  Whichever Great Being was in charge of the Okoto dev team was just horribly unoriginal, and probably feeling nostalgic for the days of building the Matoran Unvierse, so (s)he pretty much remade Mata Nui without actually calling it Mata Nui.  And this version probably doesn't have a giant robot hidden under it.

• Upvote 4

I like to headcanon that the battle between the Toa and Skull Basher went on longer than it did in the canon story. I like to think that one of Kulta's strongest lieutenants would put up more of a fight against the Toa than simply being beaten by them taking him out with a football charge.

• Upvote 3

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Somewhere on Okoto, there's a mask made from the element of Light and either a Villager is meant to wear it, or a Toa is summoned from the Temple of Time to claim it. There's no reason for it other than I liked Takanuva. 

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

My headcanon:

1. The Skull people were once living people who died and someone reanimated them, probably by the Great Beings. The Beings had tried to experiment that involves reviving dead people, but this experiment had gone wrong, so they turn evil. 

2. Ekimu and Makuta are created by the Great Beings. 

3. The Okotoans and Protecters are Agori. 

4. Inside each Elemental Star, where the Toa came from, there is a civilization of Toa of the same element. For example, Tahu, Vakama, and Jaller are in the Elemental Star of Fire. Plus, there could be more Stars housing Toa of more Elements, like Light, Electricity, Magnetism, etc. 

5. The Elemental Stars and Toa are created by the Great Beings just in case there is trouble in Okoto. When it's done, people in the Stars would notice and bring the Toa back into them. They would send the Toa to Okoto again when it has trouble again. 

6. Okoto is located on Aqua Magna and is created by the Great Beings, as they created the Elemental Creatures and Umarak at the same time. 

7. All of the Skull Villains should come back to get revenge on the Toa and Ekimu for their first defeat. 

8. Skull Basher could have made a tough boss fight for the Toa that could last a whole webisode, rather than being defeated with one hit by the Toa's football charge. 

9. The Toa can form Kaita and Nui fusions. They could've done that when doing more Unity-related actions. 

10. The Toa could have made time to fight against the Skull Warriors, Skull Scorpios, and Tahu and Gali's own Skull foes. These Skull foes would steal and drain Kopaka's, Pohatu's, Tahu's, and Gali's masks, respectively. 

11. The G2 Mask of Time is actually the top half of the G1 Mask. There is a history: In the G1 universe, when the Great Beings were creating the Great Spirit Robot, they were thinking about creating a completed Mask of Time, but they realized and afraid that if the Mask is damaged or destroyed, it could ruin the Matoran Universe's space-time continuum very much, so they decided to split a pile of materials for the Mask into two piles. This is to decrease the Mask's power and the risk of ruining the MU's space-time continuum. The Beings used the first pile to created the first half of the Mask. After that, they invented the Kanohi Olmak, the Mask of Dimensional Gates, so they would use it to go to the G2 universe. Once they got there, the Great Beings meet Ekimu and entrusted him to keep the top half of the Mask safe, so Ekimu made the Temple of Time to do so for thousands of years, and still does now. The Great Beings went back to the G1 dimension and then were about to start making the bottom half of the Mask, but Spherus Magna is getting destroyed, so they didn't have time and gave Artakha the materials for the bottom half to keep them safe in the MU. However, Artakha was concerned about the bottom half's power and the risk of ruining the MU's space-time continuum, too, so he decided to use the materials to make Great Disks instead and hid them in different places to lessen the risk. The Toa Metru found the Disks, and Vakama used the disks to create the bottom half of the Mask of Time, aka the G1 Mask of Time.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Here's my headcanon:

G2 is actually the precursor and idea that sparked and created the G1 world. This probably sounds more coherent in my head, so G2 served as a precursor/template for G1. I guess the best way to put is through comparing it to the many Beatrices of Umineko.

• Upvote 1

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Here's my headcanon:

G2 is actually the precursor and idea that sparked and created the G1 world. This probably sounds more coherent in my head, so G2 served as a precursor/template for G1. I guess the best way to put is through comparing it to the many Beatrices of Umineko.

Never thought of it that way.  I'm still sticking with my version, but that's a new one.

Though, didn't they establish that the Glatorian and Agori were the in-universe precursors/template for G1?  Where would G2 fit into that equation?  Would it be that the GBs took inspiration from both the G1 Glatorian/Agori AND from the G2 world to create their G1 world?

I'm placing the GBs into Purgatory and out of the equation for now since that would only further complicate things. I'm not sure if the GBs are interdimensional gods or just smart dudes in their own worlds. For now, my headcanon states that G1 was the product of G2. Kind of like how Nohr and Hoshido are considered mythical kingdoms in Ylisse.

The Toa, Protectors, and islanders of G2 served as a template for the Toa, Turaga, and Matoran, respectively. The world of G2 would eventually lead to the creation of G1. But before the Core war, the Elemental Lords served as a Toa/Protectors role, the remaining Glatorians were the extra man force, and the islanders were obviously filled in the roles of islanders.

Now G2 was a very simplistic world. Everything was CCBS after all, and so that simplicity gave birth to a more complex universe.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

http://ghost-mantis.tumblr.com/post/154344331584/campfire-story

This is basically what I said, but more fleshed-out such that it explains absolutely everything.

You, my good sir, just gave me an idea on how to revise my headcanon.

Lewa is telling this Mary Sue story around a campfire somewhere on Spherus Magna.  Some Great Beings get wind of this story (whether they were listening directly or just heard about it), and then to satisfy their addiction to building things, and to curb their nostalgia for the days when they built the Matoran universe, they build the G2 world using the names and characters from Lewa's story.  Coincidentally or not, the island's history actually ends up playing out as it did in Lewa's story.

New headcanon, there is a secret cult of villagers somewhere on Okoto who worship a mysterious idol that resembles G1 Lewa Nuva.  How they know about G1, let alone Lewa and his stories, is unknown.  Maybe a Great Being slipped the knowledge to them for whatever reason.  Or maybe one of the Okoto dev team GBs pulled a Velika and inhabited an Okoto villager body, and started this cult in honor of the Toa who inspired this new world.

EDIT: Found this glorious follow-up to your post, Keks.  Now, Hero Factory is a story that Tahu made up before, when it was his turn to tell the story around the campfire.

Edited by Hakura: Toa of Plasma

http://ghost-mantis.tumblr.com/post/154344331584/campfire-story

This is basically what I said, but more fleshed-out such that it explains absolutely everything.

EDIT: Found this glorious follow-up to your post, Keks.  Now, Hero Factory is a story that Tahu made up before, when it was his turn to tell the story around the campfire.

That is beautiful. Now I want to hear how the story would be told in Tahu's words, and what the other Toa would come up with.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"