What does the Mask of Control from G2 do?

Hi, guys! :) I have a question that may make you wondering: What does the Mask of Control from G2 do specifically? 

We know what the Mask did in the story: it can be controlled by Makuta, Makuta used it to mutate and mind-controlled Umarak when Umarak is wearing it, Umarak used the mask to combine the Shadow Traps and elements from Okoto into the Elemental Beasts and control them, and perhaps summoning them.

Plus, we know about what the other Legendary Masks of Power can do, but the Mask of Control is something to be curious about. 

Also, when Umarak became the Destroyer, he suggested to Makuta that he would lead the Elemental Beasts to bring destruction on Okoto, but Makuta objected it and told Umarak to do a different task. Makuta may control Umarak's mind, but Umarak has his own opinions to please his master, even though that he has to do what Makuta say. 

According to BS01, it can mind-control people and has mind-bending powers. What does "mind-bending" mean, too? It seems to be G2's own Mask of Mind Control (from G1, Onewa's mask). Makuta once wore the Mask, but never used to mind-control people or mutate himself. What was the purpose of the mask for Okoto, too? In other words, why did Makuta wear it before he made the Mask of Ultimate Power? Was it meant prevent Okotoans from being mentally corrupted or thinking to cause harm on Okoto?

What else can the mask do? Control the elements like the Toa? 

What do you guys think about this? I think of the Mask of Control as the most mysterious of all the Masks of Power in G2 for what it can do.

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Probably just controls anything the user can think of, such as controlling someones mind or even assert control to make ingredients more malleable while making masks.

In short it controls anything as long as the user has enough strong willpower to exert enough mask power. Umarak was probably no match for Makuta's power and since it was directly on umarak's body it just made it easier for makuta to change it while in control of umarak's body

Edited by necross hordika
  • Upvote 4

qs3135.jpg

• 1 month later...

I always assumed both the Mask of Control and Mask of Creation manipulate matter. The Mask of Control allows the user to manipulate existing matter, molding it to their will, whereas the Mask of Creation can actually create matter in whatever form the users wills it - hence, Ekimu's masks being superior to Makuta's. While Makuta took existing materials and molded them into the masks he wanted to make, thus stressing the material and being limited by the physical properties of the material used, Ekimu could conjure up literally anything he could imagine, opening up infinitely more possibilities. 

Also explains why Umarak mutated when putting it on. The Mask of Control altered his body, as it manipulates matter.

:kakama:

Edited by Pohaturon
  • Upvote 4

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I always assumed both the Mask of Control and Mask of Creation manipulate matter. The Mask of Control allows the user to manipulate existing matter, molding it to their will, whereas the Mask of Creation can actually create matter in whatever form the users wills it - hence, Ekimu's masks being superior to Makuta's. While Makuta took existing materials and molded them into the masks he wanted to make, thus stressing the material and being limited by the physical properties of the material used, Ekimu could conjure up literally anything he could imagine, opening up infinitely more possibilities.

Also explains why Umarak mutated when putting it on. The Mask of Control altered his body, as it manipulates matter.

Good sounding theory. Reminds me of Metru Nui Legacy's Okoto Origins, in which the Mask of Ultimate Power was created to give Makuta the power to create AND control.

• Upvote 4

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

• 1 month later...

According to BS01, it's main power is 'Mind Bending'.

Yes, but would you consider mind-controlling someone and using your mind to bend and alter one's body 'mind-bending'. According to a dictionary, it is said to influence or alter one's mind, which kind of fits Umarak's condition with the Mask of Control. 

I always assumed both the Mask of Control and Mask of Creation manipulate matter. The Mask of Control allows the user to manipulate existing matter, molding it to their will, whereas the Mask of Creation can actually create matter in whatever form the users wills it - hence, Ekimu's masks being superior to Makuta's. While Makuta took existing materials and molded them into the masks he wanted to make, thus stressing the material and being limited by the physical properties of the material used, Ekimu could conjure up literally anything he could imagine, opening up infinitely more possibilities. 

Also explains why Umarak mutated when putting it on. The Mask of Control altered his body, as it manipulates matter.

Well, the 'manipulating matter' idea sounds like telekinesis, but good theory.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I have a theory pertaining to the whole "Umarak being mutated" thing.

What if the mask's power depends on the alignment of the user? When Makuta was still just the Mask Maker, the Mask of Control gave the ability to manipulate matter/mind in a moral way, like avoiding confrontations by using the mask to calm the mind of the target, effectively changing the targets will in a moral way. But when Makuta's disposition changed, the abilities of the Mask changed to allow Makuta to do more sinister things, like making Umarak a more loyal servant after his mutation through the Mask. It's kind of like Makuta manipulating the MoC's power to keep Umarak in check. But that doesn't really explain Umarak's mutation very well, unless it was more biological. Maybe Makuta, using the control power, flooded Umarak's endocrine system, (if BioMecs have those) sending hormones through his body, changing his physical appearance drastically.

I don't know, just a little theory I had ^_^

Edited by The Hordika

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

• 3 weeks later...