Skyrise

Nato G

IC: Ennanas

By the time she had gotten back into the Ahab and aimed her harpoon, the shambling Rockoh had already taken off. She muttered angrily to herself, well aware it had flown outside her range. There was no reason to chase it down, unfortunately.

With a grunt, she jumped out of her craft and returned to the Moa. Her eyes locked onto the ruined robot, and she spoke. "Robot. Why?" There was an accusatory tone in her voice, pointed directly at 042. Once again, she repeated herself, pointing at the fleeing Rockoh, then to the slightly scratched Moa. "Why?"

IC: Karanta

It felt like an eternity and a half, but they finally made it to Cliffside. Karanta stood and stretched, leaving the ship a few seconds after Xaril stormed out. She stood and waited for Rorohiko to leave the ship. After all, she needed someone to guard.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Drukann - Impending Collision

Drukann smiled. The fool was going for a head on collision. Or, well, that's what it was going to be. Being that Drukann's ship had been modified to more readily handle ramming other ships, he was interested to see how it would fare against a ship of the same type, yet obviously not with the same kind of modifications. In the nick of time, he steered his ship a bit upward, turning what would have been a scrape of one ship over the cockpit of the other into a direct collision if the opponent didn't chicken out.

IC: Porangi - Tailing the Treasure Crew

Porangi fortunately had noticed the Makuta Killer leaving New Atero, and followed the ship in his vessel to see where it was headed. As they drew closer to the beach, he began to think up ideas of what they could be doing out here.

Edited by Oko the Matoran

IC: Mirror - Tesara Marketplace

"My, uh... 'fix?'" Mirror replied nervously, slowly approaching.

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

"Hey!" He jumped to snatch the device from her hand, hanging it back in its place before returning to the broken throttle. "When it's your ship, you can make the rules. Until then..." The ship rocked slightly, weathered plates and rusty rivets grinding in a haunting moan. The lever tilted and fell again as Ailun's head snapped around back toward the door. "Oh come on!" He ran out without another word.

IC: Fifteen - Iron Fist (Capstone)

It took her a moment to realize they had arrived, having been so engrossed in her project the sudden halt in motion hardly phased her. So when she did come to her senses, she hurried to her feet and scrambled out of the hold with a miserable display of the proper march. The sun assaulted her eyes from every angle, making even the dull gangplank a vicious scar across her retinas after the long, dark journey. She nearly teetered off the edge once or twice.

IC: Sekra - Makuta Killer

Sekra sat near a window facing the ocean, once again sharpening her axes for peak performance in the coming struggle. She hoped she wouldn't need her Thornatus to drive those beasts off. Speaking of which...

"Hey rustbucket, what kind of things have you seen out there before?"

GM IC: Slimy Joe - The Makuta Killer.

Assuming that 'rustbucket' was some kind of flattering nickname, Joe glanced in Sekra's direction, "They don't got names, the things what live down there," he replied grimly, "Monsters, all of 'em."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Armani - Main Man Hakkzan's Party Bus of Anger and Disappointment

She gave Maldrakk a puzzled look. "As large and impressive as I am, citizen, I am not in charge of this operation, and as such it would be more appropriate to issue such pleas to our higher-ranking companions."

~

IC: Rorohiko - Nerd Ship

He finished the line of code he was on and clicked his armour over the arm booper. The first time he went to Cliffside, he'd been stopped by one of the guards as he tried to wander off the ship tapping at it. Apparently, it wasn't all that wise to flout rare and experimental Fe tech around a city known for being full of thieves, among other criminals. When Rorohiko had said it was attached to his arm, he had been told that it wouldn't matter, the implications of which had solidified the advice in his sleepy, absent-minded head.

There was also the fact that it was experimental and secret Fe tech. He typically avoided using it outside Fe, but it slipped his mind on occasion if he was particularly riveted by what he was doing. Guards accompanying convoys often corrected him; Cliffside, he recalled, was just the place where there were no qualms about taking things immediately by force.

He followed the others off the ship, and gave a thumbs up to the talkative guard apparently waiting for him.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM IC: Xaril - Cliffside.

"Keep an eye on them," he absently spoke to the guards, his eyes still on Capstone, "Make sure they don't go do anything too stupid. It'd be a shame for Fe to lose some of its finest minds." 

With that, he began walking in the direction of Capstone.

GM IC: Hakkzan - Transport, Canyon. 

"And what do you think your punishment should be?" Hakkzan inquired, smiling quietly. "One being is dead, and a one-of-a-kind prototype has been reduced to wreckage." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes, heading for Cliffside

Kathok doesn't chicken out - he never would - he just keeps his eyes on the pilot. Still moving backwards at high velocity, he nudges Sunmaker upwards in the split second before the impact Its rocket jets and armoured underside just skim the other ship. The damage could be anywhere between a few cockpit spokes being ripped off to the entire pilot's area being gouged out of the enemy fighter, Kathok reckons. In any case, Kathok feels a jolt - but of course that might just be the turbulence. Sunmaker continues falling past its opponent. At last, in the moment before it seems Kathok's harebrained maneuver will send him plummeting to the fractured ground, Kathok fires up the main engines. But he does wait till the last moment - the feeling of distilled exhilaration is truly priceless. With a lurch, Drukann's ship comes back into view - now in front of him. Kathok primes his weapons as his eyes glance up to see whether his enemy is falling from the sky or just inconvenienced. Honestly, Kathok hopes it's the latter. It'll be more fun that way.

Kathok

IC: Drukann - Laughing all the way to Cliffside

Drukann rolled his eyes. The idiot had decided at the last minute to fly over him, apparently trying to break away the cockpit while doing so. How unfortunate for that plan that the entire ship had been re-enforced, meaning it was a fruitless endeavor that only lead to disappointment for Drukann. Oh well. While his foolish opponent had taken the time to pull of a stunt and then turn around, Drukann had already made it far ahead, and was now flying low alongside Silvana.

"Hey! You need a ride? I can't say there's any space in the cockpit, but if you hold on real tight to the outside of it, I'm sure it wouldn't be too uncomfortable!"

GM IC: Silvana - Plateau. 

She glanced back towards Kathok - still armed, still airborne, and probably angry now, too. 

"Thanks, but I think I'll take my chances on the ground." 

IC: Rorohiko - Cliffside

He was oddly flattered Xaril had offhandedly referred to him as one of Fe's finest minds. He smiled a little as he fumbled in his bag for his shaded visor, finally managing to find it and slip it on. It was still to bright, even with them. He tried not to wince.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Onaku, Kathok didn't need to turn round; he never changed the way he was facing...

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

His opponent seemed to have sustained no damage whatsoever despite the fact that Sunmaker had brushed against his cockpit with extreme velocity. Something like this should have ripped the cockpit clean off, Kathok remarked. Oh well. Must have miscalculated.

Now Kathok glanced at his opponent. Contrary to what his enemy seemed to think, he had not made it 'far ahead'. He had not even got ten seconds worth of space away. So while he appeared to aimlessly skim the ground where Silvana was standing - maybe having a little chat, and apparently oblivious to the jetrax moments away from him - Sunmaker lunged towards the maggot. In the space of a heartbeat, the jagged spear of iron death had screamed towards the drunkard's ship, a inescapable barrage of shrieking, devastating, roaring, dooming death hammering down at him. Kathok, heart leaping at the imminent victory, had released a storm, a barrage of force bolts at his slow, dull-witted opponent. His opponent, who even now didn't see him coming. His opponent, so arrogant and self-assured that he wandered above the ground like a fat, lazy fly. His pompous opponent, whose death was predetermined by this howling, shuddering monsoon of projectiles. His opponent, who would not, could not escape. 

In the millionth-of-a-moment before the bolts make their final descent, smothering and drowning his enemy in an infernal tsunami of unavoidable oblivion, Kathok feels it. He feels the feeling he always gets before he wins. Deeper than delight, subtler than satisfaction. The sublime consciousness of supremacy. This storm of attacks on the unwitting fool truly is unpreventable. His ship will be slaughtered in fire, maybe he will be shredded too. In the nanosecond that remains, Kathok debates whether he will let him hobble back to a settlement or not.

And then it happens.

Kathok

IC: 042 - The Moa

042 lifted it's torso from the rather comfortable position on the ground. A machine with emotional capacity can get mentally exhausted, after all.

"'Robot' is inaccurate. I am an Android."

The "Android" pulled itself to stand, slouching from the concentrated weight on one leg.

"The Zyglak is currently a fugitive of New Atero law, having violated standard parking procedures, damaging government property, and attempted manslaughter. I was in pursuit to detain the target."

IC Maldrakk

He turned sharply round at his superior.

"I am currently without transportation off of New Atero, and it will cost a pretty penny to have anything like my old vehicle." He said. "I will also have Varim clawing at my neck next time I bring in a report on Fe, specifically more detailed versions of the papers I showed to you. And I'm probably going to vomit in my sleep on top of that."

"The prototype may be... Repainted to a degree... And more fit to be a can opener at this point, but I'm sure Your Spikiness made blueprints of the components for mass production purposes. After all, this was a test for military prowess."

She glances up for a precious second. "Oh, I know about the monsters. I was hoping you could be more specific with all of your experience in this matter."

IC: Fifteen - Capstone

After blinking hard a few times, the Capstone begins to rise from the horizon before her eyes. She pulls out her stun staff and straightens, trying to make up for her display by keeping a close eye on her surroundings.

"What the Karz happened out here?" Ailun came charging out of the hold, brandishing his pistol.

The skakdi known as Hakkzan wasn't a particularly worldly being, nor was he a harsh one, but Maldrakk's insolence, and his bizarre insistence on deferring to Varim was seriously beginning to irk him. "Varim has nothing to do with any of this," he growled, "He answers to me. You answer to me."

He glanced at Branar and Stronius, who were watching on with a mix of curiosity and concern, "A pilot in New Atero's service, a loyal soldier with friends, and a family, is dead. A one-of-a-kind military vehicle, the culmination of several days of our engineers time, effort, and hard work, has been destroyed. A simple testing exercise has been turned into a disaster because you decided to sacrifice your own vehicle to destroy our prototype." He could feel the familiar creep of anger building up inside of him, "And you honestly believe the only punishment you deserve for all that bloodshed and destruction is not having your vehicle replaced?" 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Slimy Joe - The Makuta Killer.

"I'd rather not talk 'bout it," Joe slurred, suppressing an involuntary shudder. 

IC Maldrakk

He glared with absolute boredom towards the raging Skakdi apparently only addressed as His Spikiness. "And what exactly am I supposed to say, 'shoot me in the head?'"

"Your details of this prototype's capabilities, its size, shape, prowess, agility, movement speed, and above all the skill of the pilot were so incredibly vague that no-one could have predicted its capabilities and the amount of power to hit at it with. You also specifically stated that ramming the intended target was allowed, forcing us to suppose that it was quick enough to out-maneuver anything we could throw at it. In return, I put all this information to the test and we have two destroyed vehicles and a dead pilot. The only information you have conveyed that has been deemed truthful was the output level of the vehicle's weapons and the Hau."

Now to try and calm the tempest he had helped create. "If I have judged you correctly this will be but a minor setback, or you would not have called us in at all for a test as open as this. What has been gained from this test? everything you went out to achieve. Despite the casualty you have gained information that can save a hundred lives. I am not deeming the pilot unimportant or forgetful, but you have information you would have never learned otherwise."

"Now do with me what you wish. I have stated my opinions of the matter, and if you have other intents or purposes then put them into action at your will. This standing about and arguing brings us absolutely nowhere; let action be taken as you wish it to be."

He blinked, confused. He couldn't understand where this other skakdi was drawing all of his conclusions from, or why Varim would put any measure of trust in a being with such little regard for consequences. "Well, I...uh..."

"The only information we've gained from this is that you should have never been granted a pilot's licence," Branar interjected, "Or did it escape your notice that there was solid rock above, beside, and behind the Strider when you attempted to crash yourself into it? Did you somehow fail to realise that your own aircraft wasn't designed for ramming in the first place?" 

"How exactly could the Strider have evaded an attack like that?" Stronius pressed, "And even if it had avoided you, how would you in turn have avoided crashing into the cliff-face?" 

"Please excuse my interjection," Armani said. "But I would like to point out that it was stated, not that the Strider could withstand a ram, but that they had preparations in place for the driver's safety in the case of a ram; that is, in the case of a ram performed by a pilot trained for the task, in a ship suited for ramming. As Stronius and Captain Branar have said, your ship was not designed for a ram, and the situation made a ramming extremely inadvisable, as one trained for that sort of thing would know. It is extremely dangerous to attempt a ram in a vehicle not designed for the task, with no training beforehand. You are very lucky to be alive, citizen."

She placed her hands on her hips to improve her authoritative stance. "Despite all this, there is no reason to blame His Spikiness for the terrible incident that occurred. I understand you may be in emotional turmoil over your role in the incident, but lashing out at authoritive figures will not help the guilt that has no doubt been tearing at you inside. There is no changing the past. What is done is done, and hopefully, you now know the risks of performing such dangerous manoeuvres without training and careful consideration. If it was an accident, I am sure that His Spikiness will show leniency."

She bent to his height and raised a hand to the side of her face to murmur in his ear, soft enough to not deafen him with her booming voice but not quite soft enough to be inaudible to the others, "And, a sincere apology may be in order."

She straightened back into attention, and despite the very sombre incident that had occurred, she felt very happy to have helped assist a troubled citizen.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 2

IC Maldrakk - Main Man Hakkzan's Party Bus of Anger and Disappointment, sure why not

"It was not directly into the cliff face," He retorted. "And even if-"

Then Armani cut in again and tried to calm the matter down. Despite his height, she was still a little ways taller than him, and she seemed at times like a flag-post or a pillar than an actual living being. Her attempt at calming him unfortunately left him with an immediate answer to provide to his superiors, as they were no doubt staring him down in expectation of a reaction.

He stared off into the space in front of Armani, with what appeared to be some regret and struggle on his features, or perhaps he was rethinking the entire occurrence. With a final saddening glance towards the scene of the tragedy he looked back at the trio. "I've already said everything I could say now. Repeating it would be pointless and time-consuming. You hate this whole thing as much as I do, but it's not my choice here."

"What will you have me do?"

GM IC: Xaril/Barlow/Varim - Cliffside, Capstone. 

"Karz." Xaril had barely stepped through Capstone's entrance when his eyes settled on the purple-black figure lounging back behind his seat, at one of the tables nearest to the door. 

"Xaril, what a pleasant surprise!" Varim's ever-present smile widened a little, "Please, take a seat!" He extended his foot, nudging one of the empty chairs towards Xaril, "What brings you here, of all places?" 

"Same thing that's brought you here, I imagine," Xaril sighed, gesturing for the guards who'd accompanied him to go outside, before sitting down across from the Ba-Turaga. "A Steltian Bruiser by the name of Barlow. Sound familiar?" 

"Why, of course it does," Varim's smiled wavered slightly, despite his nonchalant attitude, "I spoke to him only a few minutes ago. Alas, whatever horrible things you have in mind for him will have to wait. He's under my protection."

Xaril sighed again. "So it was you."

"I can neither confirm nor deny whatever it is you're attempting to accuse me of," Varim replied innocently, "I'm sure you understand. After all, plausible deniability is the cornerstone of our line of work." 

"You've gone too far this time," spat Xaril, rising to his feet.

"On the contrary," Varim replied, "I haven't gone far enough. Not yet." 

Xaril didn't stick around to listen to whatever else the demented Turaga had to say. He stormed out of Capstone without another word.

Once he was gone, Barlow quietly approached Varim. "I heard ma name. Wha' was that all about?"

"That humourless gentleman is here from Fe, to torture and kill you," Varim explained, as casually as he could manage,  "I'd recommend that you remain here in Capstone for the time being, for your own safety. And so I can keep an eye on you."  

GM IC: Hakkzan/Branar - Transport, Canyon.

Hakkzan pondered that last question for several long moments, before turning to Branar. The two beings walked a short way from the rest of the group, leaving Stronius to watch over Maldrakk and Armani. 

As they spoke in muffled tones, the occasional snippets of words and phrases could be heard.

"Execution?" 

"...said it was an accident."

"... take responsibility... consequences..."

"What about Varim?" 

"...still need to set an example..." 

"...maybe something... a little harsh..."

Finally, Hakkzan turned away from his adviser, and approached Maldrakk, "I've come to a decision. Your citizenship and associated privileges are hereby revoked. While you aren't formally exiled from the city, we will not be responsible for replacing your lost aircraft, nor will you receive employment from any branch of New Atero's government. Whatever arrangement you had with Varim is, obviously, over as well. This transport will take you back to New Atero, but once there, you will receive no further assistance from us."

GM IC: The Overseer - Fe, Lower Levels (Slave Mines). 

The barebones elevator creaked to a stop at the very lowest level of Fe's deepest mineshaft. It was a recent development, work only having begun a few days prior. The air was still heavy with dust and the reek of miner's sweat. The Overseer stepped out of the framework cage, this time not carrying any of her characteristic staffs. 

There was something else down here, too... another scent... 

Blood. Fear. Death.

The Overseer sniffed deeply as she followed her rock Agori guide deeper into the tunnel. An iron gate barred their passage, hastily bolted in place less than an hour earlier, and the Agori unlocked it with no small amount of hesitation. The Overseer pushed past him, stepping out into the massive cavern that lay beyond. It was naturally formed, littered with rubble and lit only by the flickering light of a half-dozen dying torches. 

It was also strewn with corpses, the source of the blood she'd smelled earlier.

"They actually found it," she breathed, striding towards the edge of the circle of light to peer out into the cavern. Having been besieged and partially disassembled by the united Agori villages, and then lost to a chasm early on in the decade of earthquakes that had lashed the Great Barren, there'd been many in Fe who'd thought no one would ever manage to find this place. But here it was - Roxtus, the ancient city of the Skrall. At least, what little was left of it.

The buildings were crushed and dilapidated, interspersed by the occasional ancient skeleton, with rusted armour and weapons scattered among them. The city was beyond salvage, but it wasn't the city she was interested in. 

"You're sure the gate was put up in time?" She turned back to the Agori, who was staring with unbidden trepidation at the bodies of the Skrall miners who'd met their ends in the cavern. "None of them got out?"

"We're sure." The Agori answered, straightening. He'd closed the gate behind him the moment he'd entered the chamber. "We were very thorough in checking the tunnel and elevator. Nothing made it out of this cavern." 

"And you're sure they're down here?" The Overseer pressed, "I don't see them anywhere."

"They're shapeshifters," the Agori protested, "You're not supposed to see them. Besides, what do you think did this?" He gestured to the bodies. The Skrall had gone down fighting, it seemed, as their pickaxes and shovels were just as broken as their bodies. 

"They could have done this to themselves," she replied curtly, "I need proof." She threw back her hood, meeting the startled Agori's eyes. Too slow to look away, he was swiftly entrapped by her hypnotic stare. "Now, pick up one of those shovels, try to hit me with it."

The Agori did exactly that, snatching up one of the snapped shovels and beginning to raise it. Behind him, what had looked like another chunk of rubble suddenly unfolded, reshaping itself into a hunched, metallic form. The Baterra struck the Agori from behind, slicing across his back with saw-edged limbs, and he crumpled with a muffled cry. 

"Hello there, beautiful," The Overseer watched the killing machine as it returned to the spot it had emerged from, shifting in colour and texture until it was once again indistinguishable from the rock face behind it. "We finally found you." 

GM IC: Jira - Tesara, Marketplace. 

As morning slowly dwindled into evening, and Solis Magna drifted by overhead, Jira's situation showed no signs of improvement. It was just just past midday, and the markets were still in full swing. Tesara was at its busiest, and although the extra guards on patrol had kept the usual arguments and brawls from escalating too much, Jira was still no closer to figuring out who'd broken into the elder's library the night before.

Cursing, she started off towards one of the food vendors... only to be knocked flat by an explosion that ripped across the busy trade hub. When she sat up, ears ringing, vision blurry, the central marketplace was in flames. 

Tesara was under attack. 

GM IC: Bloat/Slimy Joe - The Makuta Killer, Aqua Magna. 

After a few more minute's flight, the airship creaked to a stop over an utterly unremarkable stretch of beach. One of the hatches slid open, and Bloat reentered the hangar, once more wearing his breathing helmet. Joe lurched to his feet, his filthy face taking on an expression of puppy-like excitement. 

"We're here." 

"Finally." 

GM IC: The Arena - Plateau, Near The Chasm. 

As the vicious winds of the Great Barren whipped at the smoke drifting upwards from The Chasm, the plateau upon which The Arena was perched rumbled ominously. Were anyone there to witness it, they might've initially mistaken the shaking to be the precursor of an oncoming earthquake. But this was no earthquake. It was steady. Almost... mechanical.

As quickly as it had begun, it stopped, leaving The Arena standing firm, as it always did.

Except now, a circular dais engraved with the symbol of the Three Virtues stood in its centre. A dais that hadn't been there before. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Ennanas - Outside the Moa

Her eyes bored into 042 for a few seconds, before Aliun came storming out. She shifted her eyes back to the Matoran, and said, "Ship fled. Robot injured. No external damage on ship."

IC: Karanta - Cliffside, near the Iron Fist

"...So, Rorohiko, what d'ya need again? Me and Fifteen can probably help ya look for whatever it is," she asked the Matoran. "After all, we're here to help and protect ya."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC Maldrakk - Momentarily entering the unemployment line

For a sliver of a moment he had the racing thought of the loss to Varim, of the potential gap, of the sudden plans being handed to the highest bidder, whoever could hire a mind reader. And then he remembered something else far more important.

He really, really shouldn't be caring about this.

If Varim wanted him back, he'd get him back. If he wanted him dead, well, he could probably beat Varim to Fe or Cliffside and vanish if need be. And if Fe wanted news about their prototype, he was not opposed to extra cash. Besides, now Hakkzan had booted him, he was finally free from whatever it was that kept him and his city so, so stupid.

At least execution wasn't the final opinion. He remained with an expression of indecision, and a little sadness.

IC: Rorohiko - Capstone

"Hm?" He turned to Karanta, having been squinting at his surroundings. It was better in Capstone, not as bright. "Oh. Thanks. It's actually kind of hard to explain in detail, just anything that looks like old tech. Buttons, glass, wires coming off... there's a lot of different kinds. Just anything that looks like it might be a gizmo or doodad."

He thought for a moment. "And I think I need some more solder. Yeah, come to think of it, I used the last of it reconnecting some parts in an old screen. Turns out one of the glass chips in it needed repairing anyway. Go figure."

~

"Fret not, citizen!" Armani said, in her most supportive and admirable tone. "The situation may seem dire, but the world is full of possibilities! And not all of them are dying in a terrible way! Though it must be terrible to leave such a great and admirable city as New Atero, I am sure you will be able to settle somewhere else. Perhaps your second favourite city, whichever it may be. Just not this one, in case it was not clear and you consider New Atero both your first and second favourite city."

She knew how it felt to have to leave one's homeland. She had done it several times. Sometimes, she wondered to herself if this home was permanent, or if New Atero would be taken from her, too. But, dwelling on such things would not erase them, or change them.

Sekra raised an eyebrow before looking back down to her axes. If the others hadn't been so insistent that he not return here, she would be wondering if he left the ship... or even made this journey before... unless it was all a ploy. The gearbags outnumbered her now... there would be no help coming, and her poor ship was left all alone.

Well, I'll be hanged if I don't go down fighting.

One minute, everything was normal. He was just a few steps from the cart, pondering what dinner items he could pair with a delicious madu fruit. The next, panic and fire engulfed the marketplace. Mirror was blasted to the ground, the screams of those around him indistinguishable from the ringing in his ears. He wasn't sure if he wanted to get up. Fight or flight was kicking in, and he wasn't even sure how to make that choice.

IC: Fifteen - Capstone

She looks over and nods on mention of her name, indicating her agreement to Karanta's proposal with as few words as possible. Perhaps she could find something for herself as well.

Ailun stalked up to the machine, completely undeterred by the massive difference in height as he craned his neck upward. "And what gives you the right to battle near a civilian ship, bot?"

Edited by Click

IC: Porangi - Aqua Magna

Remarkably, the Clanka-Clunk had functioned even better than before, not breaking down once during the flight behind the Makuta Killer. Porangi now carefully set the ship down, lowering it until a characteristic thud signified its controlled impact with the ground. Porangi jumped up and out of his ship and looked up at the airship he'd been tailing. 

IC: Drukann - Laughing all the way to Cliffside

The unmistakable sound of multiple weapons firing a massive barrage of force bolts alerted Drukann to the 'storm' of projectiles heading his way. Fortunately, he was skilled enough to roll his ship away, leaving the force bolts to fly past and fortunately not cause any harm to Silvana. "Alright, you crazy son of a twig! Have some of your own medicine!"

Drukann had swiftly turned his ship around and was now flying straight at his opponent, firing a barrage of fire bolts and force bolts at point blank range while simultaneously attempting a ram. If his opponent dodged his ram, he'd fly into one of the projectiles. If he didn't fly away he'd get rammed. Either way, Kathok wasn't getting out of this one so easily. 

GM IC: Silvana - Plateau. 

Although Drukann had managed to evade the worst of Kathok's fire, the same couldn't be said for Silvana. The volley of searing lances and blasts raked the unstable surface of the plateau, splintering the rocky ground around her.

A crevasse exploded open before her, and she stumbled, barely managing to right herself before she would've fallen in. Karz... Circling around the growing crater, she broke into a run again, hoping to put some distance between herself and the other two pilots. 

IC: Parii - Capstone, observing Varim and Barlow

He discretely watched the Ba-Turaga scolding Barlow. At some point he stopped watching, deciding to rely on his good hearing.

He could hear a stranger coming in and, judging by the way he spoke to the Turaga, he wasn't very pleased. Parii heard every bit of their conversation and as it progressed he clunched the glass in his hands even tighter than before.

He was screwed, completely and utterly screwed. He hasn't felt so ruined since his first day in Cliffside.

He forced his body to relax but it refused. Instead, his muscles tensed and his eyes widened a bit. Somebody end my suffering before they do it, he thought, staring at his drink miserably.

OOC: Parii's OFI as always.

Again, with the "bot" thing. 042 hardly felt the need to explain again though, this one's vocabulary denoted higher intelligence, so he was using "bot" as a derogatory term deliberately. How wonderful.

"My right is my duty," 042 acknowledged the diminuitive being, "I will carry out my orders to the best of my abilities. If this requires active combat near civilian vessels then so be it. Any damages would be regrettable, but not outside of the state's reimbursement of damages."

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

"Hey now! Don't go leaving me alone again!" She came barreling out of the hold, losing her footing on the sand and collapsing to the ground.

IC: Tv - Tesara, Central Marketplace

In an instant, I was thrown to the ground, hacking up dirt and smoke. Fumes stung at my eyes. Old nerves flared into ghost pains. Surroundings turned into that karzish nightmare that I've known so familiarly. I had to fight to remember where I was, and not back on the ground with Kakeva, or Tupotua, or Wegawe, Tchepoh....... Geva.

Through the smog, just next to me, I swear I could hear Tchepoh next to me. Breathing. Gasping. Crying.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

GM IC: Jira - Tesara Marketplace.

Caught up in a haze of smoke and panic, Jira stumbled towards the source of the blast. Although it was hard to be sure through the fire and crowd, it looked like one of the airships docked near the far corner of the marketplace had exploded. Judging by the size of the blast, the ship must've been packed with combustibles and fuel. Debris had showered all across the market square, shredding the flimsier stalls and setting many of the trade goods aflame. 

A deliberate detonation? Or just an accident? 

Guards were already converging on the site of the explosion, and Jira's first instinct was to follow. She was Captain of the Guard, after all. It was her job to lead the protectors of Tesara. But... something about this wasn't right... That corner of the market was largely devoted to artwork and books; there was no reason a ship docked near that part of the square should've been carrying so much explosive material... 

As it turned out, her hesitation saved her life.

From the opposite side of the marketplace, a volley of miniaturised Cordak blasts streaked through the air, falling among those who'd been moving towards the original blast site. Following the line of fire, Jira could see a second, smaller airship circling towards the opposite side of the square, jetpack wearing Matoran and Agori leaping from its railings and flying down towards the ships docked there. Already, a few of those airships were taking off, with new pilots at the helms. 

This wasn't an attack. It was a heist. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

OOC: For the time being, Tv is going to be calling Mirror, 'Tchepoh'. His mistake.

Couldn't stay here. Couldn't die here, not after so long. There was still so much work to do.

I grabbed Tchepoh by the shoulder. We needed to get back to Second Breath.

"Get up," I rasped, gathering strength, "Get up! We can't stay here, not anymore,"

Time trickles by. Kathok leers as the bolts rush in an unstoppable torrent towards this scum. He lets the feeling fill him: the utter, self-assured satisfaction of getting this irritating fool out of his way, removing this slug of a pilot from the fight, eliminating this annoying variable from the equation. It's nothing personal, Kathok gloats. Of course maybe he'll let Drukann live, maybe not. He supposes he could let this miscreant scamper back to the sands, maybe even spread the word of his immortal enemy: Kathok Hann, pirate-king of the skies, the crimson hunter. Kathok lets his eyes go wide, taking in every detail of the scene brushed in the scathing desert light. He wants to remember this.

Then the pilot dodges.

It's like having a slap in the face: Kathok's conscious mind is sent reeling with the absolute shock. Only his deep-etched reflex muscle-memory drags him up in time to avoid the sand strewn jagged plateaus below. If Kathok had time for self reflection he would see himself shaking: but I'm sure he'd tell himself it was with rage. That isn't to say he isn't angry. He's furious. He's screaming, shouting, roaring, matching the wasp-whir of the engines, facing his opponent head on, teeth gritted hard enough to cut diamond. This fool has wasted time turning ahead of him, the primal subconscious Kathok hisses. This fool.

Kathok's body shudders with the adrenaline. If he keeps on like this he'll die on his own. But that isn't important. Doesn't matter. Doesn't matter if this body dies, doesn't matter if everyone here dies. All that matters is the chase. All that matters is removing this infection. All that maters is killing him! Killing him! Killing him! "Die, die, die, die, die!"

Sunmaker lunges towards the other ship. In the moments before the two ships rip past each other, the pilot of the Irnakk's Inferno shoots at point blank range. Fire bolts rip into the Sunmaker, gouging smoking craters into its surface and detonating to release lingering flames that, while whipped by the wind, remain. The pilot doesn't care though. He's occupied with more important matters.

From Drukann's perspective, this is what happens. He rolls to the side, evades the hail of fire from the ship above him. After a brief maneuver he's facing Kathok, speeding towards Sunmaker, preparing to fire at point blank range. There's no way the other pilot will escape. He can either be engulfed by the all-round storm of fire or be rammed by a ship with much thicker armour. In the last millisecond before Sunmaker speeds past, a pilot sitting in the cockpit would be able see the ship as a blur of venom-green motion. As the pilot unleashes the volley of fire bombs, they might even allow themselves a small amount of satisfaction, who knows. And when they finally see their opponent plummeting to the ground behind them, strands of fire streaming from their ship, when they see that poor sod going into a nosedive which might save the ship but will leave the pilot shattered, they could conceivably feel smug. Yes, indeed, they might feel all those things, they might even feel joyous. They might smile or grimly chuckle. They might do a fist pump. They might feel happy for a job well done.

That is until they see the figure hanging on next to them. 

Now this is what happened from Kathok's perspective. As the two ships sped towards each other, he - or the primal part of him - had known that they would fire. It was obvious, but this fight was already lost on obvious terms. So he had got out of his seat, hung on with a grip of steel and, when the time was perfectly right, when the window of opportunity sped towards him, when every instinct, every nerve, every atom of his body screamed at him to, he jumped. As Sunmaker slid away, he used the forwards momentum to swing through the air towards his opponent. And the very thrill of the motion brought him back to reality, he had thought. As the wind whipped through him and he became a very part of it, he used his Power, and became untouched by the force that was about to be unleashed. While Drukann's eyes would understandably follow the ship he still believed Kathok to be on, Kathok himself broke from his ecstatic dive, speeding into the Inferno. His hand spikes and climbing talons, tipped with protosteel, bit deep into the metal of that ship's hull. He had held fast for a moment, as he had practiced in the past. Then, before even Drukann could realise, he pulled himself upwards and swiped down at the pilot with one of those razor-sharp tools, hanging on tightly with the other. He intended to kill.

And behind him Sunmaker dived towards the ground. He could spare a thought for it later.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC: Drukann - Surprised all the way to Cliffside

"WHAT THE-?!!!" Drukann just barely managed to block Kathok's maniacal attack, taking the sharp tool to his arm instead, roaring with pain as the sharp fangs buried into the limb. Wearing his brass knuckles, Drukann threw the fist attached to his unscathed arm in a heavy punch aimed directly at his assailant's face.

IC: Antaine - Tesara

​What what what what what?????

​What was going on?

Explosions, smoke, fire, and then some suspicious Matoran taking - wait, vehicular theft?

​Ugh, what the...

​Running back to his ship (and glad to see it was still there), Antaine revved up and began to take off after the burglars.

All of this, for that?!

Kathok swipes his razor-spiked arm across his body to block the punch. The motion is swift and fluid, and there's force in there to slam back against his opponent. Hanging on with this other arm and spiked feet, Kathok displays a look of manic glee about his jagged features. His eyes are wide and focused with a terrible, inevitable certainty.

Kathok

GM IC: Jira - Market Square, Tesara. 

As she ran, Jira contemplated the situation. Raids and theft weren't entirely uncommon around Tesara, but this was the first time someone had attempted something as audacious as this: bombing and bombarding the marketplace, on market day, when the entirety of Tesara's garrison was on high alert patrolling the plateau. Judging my their meagre outfit, these pirates were probably just a desperate band from Cliffside or one of the more temporary fringe settlements. 

Still, they'd picked the perfect day for it. After the theft and murder last night, all of Tesara's guards were looking inwards; they hadn't been prepared for a raid from the air. Still, they'd been quick to respond. Already, she could see Tesaran aircraft taking to the air and moving off to intercept the hijacked airships, and AA turrets mounted on the guardpost rooftops had become opening fire on the attacking vessel. 

Jira's aircraft was off being repaired elsewhere in the city; there was no way she'd get to it in time, and no guarantee that it would be in any condition to fly if she did, so she focused instead on helping the wounded, and preventing any other ships from being stolen. It would be up to others to take back what had been stolen. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: The Overseer - Inner Sanctum, Fe. 

"I will admit, when you first brought us word of this... project, of yours, we didn't think it had any merit." The eldest of Fe's elders mused, leering imperiously from behind his overly ornate desk. "It's sometimes pleasing to be proven wrong."

The Overseer did her best not to let the comment ruffle her. She was, as she always had been, unwaveringly loyal to Fe and its cause, but karz, the old men running the place could be vexingly condescending at times. As she stopped in front of the desk, the four Maxilos guards behind her deposited their cargo - a large crate with thick panes of semi-translucent protodermis - one the ground. 

Inside the crate, appearing even more insect-like than usual in the way it scratched and clawed at the seamless surface of its prison, was a lone Baterra. 

"We've secured the entrance to the Roxtus ruins so that these things can't spread into the mines."

"It's beautiful." One of the other elders said distractedly, his faded eyes gazing admiringly at the mechanical monstrosity writhing in the cage before him. "How many more of them are down there?" 

"It's impossible to be sure. Most of them were dormant, disguised as rocks and wreckage." The Overseer replied. "The ruins are huge, and we saw evidence of other tunnels and caverns that they might have spread into. There might only be a few dozen, or there could be hundreds."

"Very well. Leave the ruins sealed and their entrance well guarded, for now." The eldest commanded, "No one goes in, and nothing more comes out. The specimen here will be handed over to a team for analysis, and in time, we shall arrange a formal expedition to explore the ruins." 

"Of course," The Overseer bowed slightly, hiding her smile beneath her cowl. Let's see Xaril one-up me this time...

IC: Karanta - Outside the Iron Fist

She nodded. "Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Though I'm gonna be sticking close to ya, so chances are you'll see stuff before I do."

IC: Ennanas - Outside The Moa

Her hardened gaze bored into 042. Her voice was gruff as she addressed him again. "Leave, then. Rockoh fled. Fell your quarry. Do not disgrace hunters." Her eyes swept towards the other being who had ungracefully stumbled out of the Moa. She shook her head in some vague form of disappointment.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Maxilos 042 - The Moa

The various visual devices on maxilos' face clicked and narrowed.

"My means of travel have been destroyed by the criminal," It indicated toward the vehicle with a crushed cockpit, "Additionally, my left leg is completely nonoperational, the other will likely be soon."

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

"I moight," she dusted off her armored legs as she stood, "Be able to help in that regard. For a proice, of course. And if Ailun has any extra parts laying around."

"And just who is giving your orders? I might have a few choice words to say to them."

Mirror looked up with a dazed expression, then squints through the smoke in the direction of the explosion and sees the attacking airship taking off. "I... I should help..."

Once again, 042 narrowed its "eyes", though towards Ailun this time. These civilians were proving to be quite irritating themselves.

"My 'orders' are from the New Atero government. If you would like to file a complaint, file it with the inner defense and regulations offices."

Threiaa was ignored, though her offer was made note of by the machine.

"Help? Come on, get your head together and stand up! We need to get to Second Breath!"

I pushed off the grassy ground, pulling Tchepoh up by the shoulder. The makuta would do us in soon if we didn't keep moving.