Skyrise

Nato G

IC: Ezezko - The Tower

Bai Bai?

He had certainly heard more ridiculous names in his time, but this one in combination with it's owner's demeanor was rather flabbergasting. Of course, he avoided snickering about it. Or really doing, saying or expressing anything at all. He was for all intents and purposes wearing emotional flecktarn for the proceedings. Maybe he'd loosen up after this whole stupid thing was over.

Do I still get paid?

A slight frown, as he entered the Tower behind Armani and her leech like friend.

...but close to it

IC: Mirror - Second Breath (Tesara Streets)

"Do I have... wait, Check-O? Who's that?" The merchant's behavior was bringing to mind all kinds of questions about what exactly he thought he was doing. Mirror finally decided to... well, try to put a stop to it. He plants his feet firmly, pulling back on his arm with considerable strength... though perhaps not as much as the beefy being before him. He stares at TV, waiting for an answer.

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

Ailun walks up to take a closer look. Amidst the tangle of crush metal and wiring, he could make out an Impact Crystal Launcher, a Thornax Launcher, and some type of laser weapon, all of which had a decent supply of ammunition. It was as good as any salvage he had ever picked up. With a sharp rap on the engines and a rustle of cloth and metal from his toolbelt, Ailun declares, "Let's get to work."

IC: Fifteen - Capstone

She staggers as Xaril practically shoves them toward a table, but even as she finds her way over and takes a seat, her eyes are only diligently watching her feet. She hardly hears the conversation going on around her over her own internal argument.

I blew it...

IC: Sekra - The Makuta Killer (Aqua Magna)

Sekra was feeling smug as the bell lowered to the familiar embrace of the ocean. Here she was, on her way to a beautiful treasure and all the recognition that would follow it. No longer did the filthy tin cans outnumber the purer race; ditching the rust buckets and running off with the treasure was becoming more and more viable an option. She glanced over to her companion, searching for some sign he was thinking the same.

Almost as an afterthought, she grabs a mask and fits it in place of her helmet, pushing hair out of the way to let her gills catch the dim light of the portholes. Sure she could survive down here without the protection, but swimming in this filthy sea the mechanicals brought with them always left her filling a little sick.

IC: Armani - The Tower

She ascended the stairs Bai Bai still on her shoulders. "So, where do you go to leave your reports, Bai Bai?"

~

IC: Rorohiko - Capstone, Time Out Table

He couldn't help but ask, in a small but attempting to be jovial voice, "I guess this means we're not checking out the markets this trip...?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM IC: Xaril - Capstone. 

"You can still do that," he sighed, cursing the conscience that prevented him from simply abandoning these over-eager idiots to their fate, "Just try not to do anything else stupid while you're at it." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Rorohiko - Capstone, Time Out Table

"Oh! Yeah, sure. Sure. Easy." He nodded. "No more waving tasers around."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Sayana

Sayana had slipped onto the diving bell quietly, and not because the player was inactive. She held her rifle in one hand, although as it descended she considered the idea that a full-length rifle might be what some call cumbersome underwater. At the same time, simple physics told her water tended to kill projectile speed so she needed power.
And promptly detached the stock, attaching it to her belt. At Joe's suggestion she fitted the mask to her face, although how not-exactly-pleasant it was made her suggest to herself that it wasn't wholly made for Vortixx. Maybe a one-size-fits-all matter.
"Once...unto the breach? Once more, maybe?"

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

GM IC: Bloat/Joe - Diving Bell, Aqua Magna. 

"You don' realise how right you are," Joe snickered, sealing his own helmet just as the bell began to descend below the waves. The view out the porthole was... practically nonexistent, so murky and polluted that even the figure of Bloat himself, clinging to the side of the craft, was nigh-indiscernible. 

"Let's just hope nothin' tries takin' a chomp out of us on our way down." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC: Various - Aqua Magna. 

If one were to speak to the meagre handful of fishermen who were willing to work on Aqua Magna's shores, they would tell you that only the strongest of creatures could survive there. What most beings they speak to don't realise, however, is that the fishermen mean that quite literally. Not only do the chemicals and detritus that pollute Aqua Magna make it difficult for all but the hardiest of creatures to survive, they also render the water thick and soupy, meaning that only creatures with great physical strength can move and navigate below the surface. 

The beings in Bloat's diving bell would notice this soon enough, as their descent slowed to a sticky crawl. Porangi, too, would soon come to realise that even for a Zyglak, trying to swim several kio through a body of fetid water with the consistency of quicksand was going to be an extremely exhausting experience, particularly given the lack of visibility below the surface. 

Heedless of the flounderings and flailings of the unfortunate landlubbers, great sea beasts roamed the murky waters, seeking prey. They avoided the area above which Bloat's airship hovered, though. Formidable though they were, the denizens of Aqua Magna were not entirely insurmountable. There were things lurking in that area of the ocean that even they feared.

Creatures that truly were the stuff of nightmares. 

IC: Bai Bai - New Atero, The Tower, riding atop a smaller tower

"O-oh... I usually just, give them to the secretary...but we're already here, so..."

I trailed off, feeling more than a little silly that I was still riding Armani and had missed my usual stop.

IC: Tveke - Tesara, Second Breath

I stopped, feeling Tchepoh's resistance.

"What's wrong?" I said.

Maybe he was in shock? Or emotional trauma? I gave another tug at his arm, as a reminder of the urgency of the situation.

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

"Roight then," Her vision fuzzed and blurred as the thermal sensors in her eyes activated, overlaying normal sight with hues of red and blue. The engines of the Jetrax were still slightly warmer than the rest of the ship, but they had cooled as much as they could in the evening sun, and were continuing to do so in the shelter of The Moa.

"She looks loike she'll come apart easy enough, without havin' to worry about blowin' up at least." She inspected the seams of the engine as she said, "I say we take off the engines first, get the real good stuff out of the way."

IC: 042 - Outside New Atero

Progress, so far, was abysmal. The sun continued to near it's rest, the red shape teasing at the edges where it neared the horizon. 042 was still more than a mio away from the walls of the city, wherein lie help, and safety. Out here, when night overtook the desert, the guard would be exposed to the creatures of night and terror. It seemed doubtful that it would be ignored for having no meat or flesh. Movement always denoted life to the wild, and right now, 042 could not afford to stop.

It hobbled as hastily as it could.

OOC: 042 OFI

IC Dessimus - New Atero, Caps off for Capstone

He jolted in uncontrollable surprise when Xaril's form became present. He had hoped the sinister collection of flesh had decided to move along to Tesara or some place more friendly, some place that actually deserved vehicles. However, Xaril wasn't the dictator of his being, so if he wanted to do business in Capstone he had no restrictions.

Deciding not to head in right now, he went to the notice board and read off the list.

. . .

Walking up to the one ship parked in the middle of the city, specifically The Crimson Takea, he stood slightly behind the Skakdi Ektana, the gleaming metal enough of an indicator that he was there.

OOC: Let's get this hodgepodge started!

--IC: Tolo: Tesara--

A huge ruckus distracted Tolo from her intense drinking.  She got out of her chair and stormed out of the bar, ignoring the waiter's cries of "Wait, you need to come back and pay!"

The marketplace was a mess.  Rubble was everywhere.  People were distraught.

Tolo strode through the streets, taking in the entire mess of things.  Looking up, she managed to glimpse a few vehicles flying away; she guessed that they might be the ones who had caused this.  She went up to the notice board and removed the ad that she had place up there before returning to the Initial Disappointment.

Once inside her trusty airship, Tolo attempted to start it up, only to find that it wouldn't.  One of the readout screens flashed "ERROR!"

"Karz, what's wrong with it now?" she muttered angrily, exiting the ship and opening it up again.  Smoke began to pour from the power couplings that connected the propulsion units with the main engine.  She sighed.  "And I just fixed those..."

She suddenly felt very stressed.  Maybe it was all the booze, or maybe she was just starting to realize how serious the situation was.  Either way, she needed a sleep.  She decided to put off fixing the power couplings until tomorrow, went back inside, and flopped down into her hammock.

Edited by capMARVELOUS

IC: Mirror - Second Breath (Tesara Streets)

Mirror tugged back again, watching TV with an earnest stare. "Please, sir," he said in a quiet voice. "I n-need you to calm down..."

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

"Good call," Ailun said as he clambered atop one of them to get at the bolts. This new captain was working out better than he thought.

IC: Serka - Diving Bell (Aqua Magna)

She quickly adverts her gaze as she realizes there was another member of the crew who had managed to slip in at the last second. Another one of them. This would make her plan a bit trickier... but what was three tin cans against the greatest warrior of Tajun? Oh, and her companion.

Instead, she looked out through the dim porthole, trying to avoid looking at any of them. "It's quiet..."

She paused in her stride. "I am very sorry, Bai Bai! I should have asked sooner. Would you like me to bring you back downstairs?"

IC: Saffina - Cliffside (The Crimson Takea)

Noticing the Matoran's reflection on the side of her ship, the Vortixx simply gazed back down at the remainder of her drink before proceeding to stir it around a bit with her straw.

"Seems like someone else has decided to join in on the fun," she said, allowing the Skakdi to make her own first impression.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Soz, I think I missed your post Onaku

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

What's this fool doing? Kathok clings on with both hands for stability, muscles still pointed to lunge if need be. The ground races ever closer. It crosses Kathok's mind that his opponent might be planning to crash and teleport away, in which case Kathok needs to get into the pilot's seat or smash the teleport centre, forcing the other Skakdi to avoid a collision. Or just kill him, of course. Most of Kathok's mind, however, is taken up by the feeling of utter adrenaline-joy as the wind whips past him. This is what life is meant for.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

OOC: apologies for the lack of posting, oops.

IC: Karanta

Karants awkwardly sat down, unsure of what to say. She had just...silently gone along with what had happened, somewhat frightened to say anything. Xaril was pretty scary, after all. She reached out an awkward hand, and patted Fifteen on the head.

"Uh...there there, everything'll be fine. Never been here before, you didn't know what to expect. We're all right and all, so no reason to worry...uh, too much." Karanta whispered to Fifteen.

She really, really didn't know what to do aside from awkwardly attempt to comfort the distressed Matoran. Maybe she shouldn't have zoned out so hard.

IC: Ennanas

Ennanas had returned to her ship, and sat there. She wasn't quite sure if she should leave or not. Part of her felt compelled to stay, while the rest of her demanded she resume her patrol. Others may be around who had seen creatures, perhaps. Or maybe she could return to New Atero and ask there...

Or she could sit in her ship and do nothing but rest.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

GM IC: Slimy Joe - Diving Bell.

"Well, we are un'erwater. Tha's probably why it's quiet." 

GM IC: Jira - Tesara, Marketplace.

The battle was officially over. Aside from the three stolen airships that had managed to flee, the attackers had all been captured or killed. "Help the wounded," more troops had arrived from elsewhere on the plateau, and she was quick to put them to work.

GM IC: Silvana - Plateau.

Having long since lost sight of the dueling aircraft, she'd reluctantly returned to her own downed vessel. With a bit of work, she hoped she could convince it to limp back to Cliffside, and get repairs from her contacts there. 

Right now, though, she was just thirsty, and she'd left her water on board when she'd started running. 

GM IC: Hakkzan and co. - The Tower.

Reaching his chambers, Hakkzan took a seat, and gestured for the others to make themselves comfortable. All that was left to do was wait for Armani and Ezezko to arrive. 

IC: Bai Bai - New Atero, The tower

Oh gosh no-

I can't make her late! Especially after she carried me to the tower, and all the way up here.

"No no no, you're fine! You're just.... fine. I'm sure a great hero like yourself has more important things to do, and I'd hate to make you late."

In all serious, this was a pathetic excuse. She was much too genuine and kind to take that as a legitimate reason not to take me downstairs. I really don't like to fib...

...But I don't like feeling like garbage even more, so that rules that out.

"Plus, as long as the information gets to Hakkzan, it should be fine. It all goes to him anyway... right?"

"Oi, wait. Maybe you should take care of the guns whoile I work on this." She rapped the casing with her wrench. "Wouldn't want them to go off whoile we're working, roight?"

IC: Tveke - Tesara, Second Breath

"What're you talkin' about, we're under attack! We've got to make a... break... what did you just call me?"

Sir? Tchepoh never calls me 'sir'. Captain, sure. Tv, definitely. Sir? Karzing sir?

"Tchepoh never calls me sir."

The day melted around me, old times blending into the new. Dusk took over the sky. And in place of Tchepoh, there was a stranger.

"Tchepoh never called me sir..." My voice cracked, as struggling memory recovered more of my past.

Whatever confusion clouded my eyes quickly snapped into cold survivalist instinct. I let go of him, and raised my prosthetic arm in a defensive stance. Sparks laced between my fingers.

"Who're you, and what're you doing on my ship?"

OOC: Tv's gonna take a second to get back up to speed with the present, so he doesn't remember Mirror yet.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Drukann - Falling

There was a calm moment when only the wind and the feeling of acceleration indicated where they were going. The sky was directly in front of him, after all, he'd been flying the ship up into the sky for a large portion of this fight. Ignoring the gnawing pain in his mauled arm and hand, Drukann felt something of a peace up here, falling... he felt weightless.

And then a cloud wisp raced past. And another one. Soon Drukann could see clouds racing past all around him. It was now or never. Drukann's gambit would either pay off now, or the two of them would die. He focused. He had a very small window of opportunity to make this work. Glaring at Kathok, right at his center of mass, Drukann prayed... and then tried to fire his impact vision.

IC: Rorohiko - With NERD CREW, Time Out Table

He looked up at Xaril, standing above them, and slowly eased out of his seat. "Uh, yeah. Lesson learned. We're gonna head over to the market real quick now, so you can do what you came to do and stuff."

~

Armani frowned slightly. "Helping others is the most important thing I do! A momentary detour downstairs would be no trouble. But, I am sure His Spikiness would appreciate some less dire news delivered to his person today. I think he would be very pleased to receive your report in person, Bai Bai!"

She resumed her pace, reaching the top of the stairs, and paused to let Bai Bai off her shoulders. She said, "Just so you are not surprised, you may be asked to leave rather quickly. It's not because of any offence on your part; we are simply to recieve a top secret debriefing. I am sure, on any other day, His Spikiness would be incredibly keen to discuss your work with you!"

IC: Mirror - Second Breath (Tesara Streets)

Mirror leapt back in panic with arms raised as the merchant turned on him. "P-please sir, I... I... I was o-only trying to h-help!" The last word came out with a bit of a squeak of fear.

IC: Fifteen - Capstone

She sat motionless except for a quick flinch as Karanta patted her head, even as Rorohiko started slipping from his chair.

IC: Serka - Diving Bell (Aqua Magna)

She glared at the Matoran with obvious enmity. "It's too quiet. Something should have come to investigate us by now, yet everything is still as the grave. What have you brought us into?"

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

Ailun paused with his wrench still wrapped around a bolt. "Oh, okay." He hopped down again and started looking for the gun connections. That's what he was after anyway.

Well, now... Isn't this amusing...

"Word of advice? Watching your tongue might be for the best, little one," she said rather neutrally to the Matoran. "Especially when around individuals who wouldn't think twice about removing it for you, in a settlement in which violence is not only encouraged, but is also the primary way of life."

Whether or not she was actually imagining the scene to play out that way, however, was something left up for debate.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC: Slimy Joe - Diving Bell.

"Not even the big ol' sea beasts come here," Joe replied cryptically, "You'll see." 

The bell continued its slow descent. 

IC: Rorohiko - With NERD CREW

Unsure of what else to do, he patted Fifteen's back awkwardly.

OOC: If we get enough people patting Fifteen then she has to feel better

OOC: Guess that's everybody, then. Here we go!

If you want, you can all apply a relatively minor timeskip just to keep things moving; we've waited long enough as it is.

Taking note of the position of the suns and making sure there wasn't anyone else lined up behind Ektana and "Velmes," Saffina lazily stretched one final time before simply returning to her feet. Towering over them as most members of her species often did, she continued to sip at what remained of her beverage before finally addressing the rest of her motley crew.

"You tell me; I'm the one being kept waiting," she smiled, sparing one more brief glance at her surroundings and seeing a distinct lack of any personal vehicles besides her own. "Make your preparations, gather your belongings, and load them all into the cargo bay. We depart within the hour."

And with that, the Vortixx folded up her cot and sauntered back onto her ship, ready to set off on what appeared to be yet another fruitful endeavor.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Ektana - preparing for the flight

Ektana nodded at the Vortixx and walked away, heading for one of the smaller plateaus where she had parked The Machete. She made all the necessary adjustments and, as Saffina had ordered, loaded it into the mentioned cargo bay. Ektana glared at Capstone one more time as she remembered that that scoundrel of a Ba-Matoran was probably still sitting there comfortably chugging on beer bought for the money he stole.

Once she was done and packed up, she waited for the take-off.

IC Dessimus - here we go again

Now we're getting someplace.

He made the specific preparations he needed, eventually moving his ship over to the cargo bay, unwilling to move from it being in his line of sight until it was evident that the take-off was about to happen.

Edited by Ghidora131

OOC: So we can use our powers in-vehicle? Is the restriction just between vehicles? cos if so Kathok shoulda been able to use his vision power earlier, not that it made much difference to the situation...

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

Kathok is caught off-guard, or at least partially off-guard. The blow knocks him backwards with enough force to rip out three of his four connection points in a terrifying instant, leaving him hanging on by one metal claw. The momentum of the attack sends him swinging out over empty space. His heart skips a beat. They're falling so steeply now that gravity almost doesn't take over, but the air rushing past aids in swinging Kathok back in and under the ship's chassis. His other claw scrabbles desperately for a hold for a moment, but then both his 'hands' are lodged fast. He's freezing with the shock of the event, but manages to swing his torso up. Another second passes and his feet are attached, at least for the moment. He curses despite his drumming heart. Now he can't reach his foe. 

Kathok

OOC: So we can use our powers in-vehicle? Is the restriction just between vehicles? cos if so Kathok shoulda been able to use his vision power earlier, not that it made much difference to the situation...

OOC: As established in the first post of the topic, the energies that power the Axalara, Jetrax, and Rockoh render the pilot unable to use any powers they might have. However, in this particular situation, Drukann has turned off his engines and his aircraft has been in freefall for about a minute, allowing the engines to cool down enough for him to regain use of his powers.

IC: Bai Bai - New Atero, The Tower

"I understand..." I said as my feet tapped the ground. My voice was quiet, but still audible. I was already beginning to regret taking Armani up on the offer of a free ride.

IC: Tveke - Second Breath

My eyes narrowed, but I didn't move. Instead, I stood still, leering out at the scenery behind the stranger. There was plenty of garbage on the ground, that was sure, but only half of it was recognizable. The landscape beyond that was populated by buildings in styles I'd never seen before. Beyond even that, from what I could glimpse of the horizon, all I could see was the sky.

My focus re-asserted itself on the stranger in front of me. Aside from the ship around me, he was the only thing somewhat recognizable. I couldn't remember the island his species was from, but I knew of it.

"Why are you here?" I asked, "I'm trying my best not to blow a hole through your head right now, so pick some good words and say 'em."

This guy sure was compliant, Threiaa could give him that much. That was a little bizarre. Maybe he had some kind of inferiority complex, needed someone to tell him what to do. Come to think of it, she was sure he'd called her 'captain' at one point.

...Wait a second.

She pulled her riveter from her side, and casually brought it up to rest on the engine hull.

"Sure were quick to go for those guns there... any particular reason why?"

No reason being too hasty right now, but Threiaa knew that hospitality always came at a price, one way or another. And really, she hated to start suspecting him of any ulterior motives, but growing up in capstone does that to a person.

IC: Drukann - Free falling

Drukann blasted his impact vision straight at Kathok again in an effort to get him off. Before even bothering to wait to see if he'd managed to hit his opponent, though, he quickly re-ignited the ship's engines. The ship was in free fall. This was going to be a hard manoeuvre to pull off, but he had to, or else he'd lose his ship. Anxious about his teleporter going off any second, he quickly began curving the ship's path, having turned it to face the ground before turning its nose upward more and more and increasing his vertical speed.

Yet more energy went into flying sideways, but he still wasn't out of danger yet. He adjusted the flaps on the ship's wings, translating yet more of his vertical speed into horizontal speed. Finally, just about as the ship hit the ground, he'd translated enough falling speed into horizontal speed that instead of crashing, the ship skidded along the ground before taking off again, only slightly worse for wear. He'd have to have the chassis checked out when this was over, but for now, he looked onto the side of the ship again to see if Kathok was still there.