Skyrise

Nato G

IC: Saffina - Cliffside (The Crimson Takea)

Having retrieved the map she had procured from the strandees once again, the Vortixx continued to study it, all the while watching on as the Skakdi and the Matoran boarded the ship with their gear. Upon observing that they had completed their task, she rolled the parchment back up and proceeded to stuff it back into her armor before closing the cargo bay door and addressing the pair one final time before takeoff.

"Feel free to claim one of the Takea's empty cabins for yourselves should you feel the need to rest up during the journey. We'll be touching down again once we're within a few kio of the crash site, where I'll fill you both in on the rest of the details."

Taking her leave and heading back towards the cockpit, she eventually found herself inside and began reassembling key components of the pulley system, allowing the rest of the vehicle to actually respond to the input at the controls.

Minutes later, and the airship had lifted itself into the sky, slowly veering away from Cliffside as its interior filled with the familiar sound of Kanoka striking its massive frame.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Dessimus - it's a bird, it's a plane

As the large vehicle rose noisily into the air, Dessimus rubbed his forehead. This was not the most pleasant way to travel, nor was it comforting to know he was in a massive transport with no specification of where they were going.

At the least, if they crashed and died, he could be identified by his unique mask? no that wouldn't help. Well now he was stuck with the Skakdi and probably going to be forced into a conversation at some point...

"Lovely weather we're having."

IC: Armani - The Tower

She placed a hand on Bai Bai's comparatively tiny shoulder, and smiled. "I understand that confidence does not always come as easily to others as it does to me, but you have very good reason to be confident in your abilities and the quality of your work. I am sure His Spikiness will be very happy to see your report, whether he shows it or not."

She patted the shoulder under a massive hand scarred and weathered by the grip of a blade, and turned for the door, which she proceeded to walk through and salute to His Spikiness. "I am sorry for the slight delay. Hopefully no one has been waiting too long. But, I happened to run into my friend Bai Bai, who has brought her report for you!"

She gestured for Bai Bai to step forward, grinning in a way that radiated the feeling that everything was going to be fine.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

Kathok, plastered to the underside of a rapidly plummeting ship, had used the seconds he had to spare to tear up as much of it as possible. There wasn't much logical thought to it, it was mostly just out of spite and desperation. He ripped and gouged with one claw, shredding metal sheets, hacking and clawing, arm flailing wildly with desperate last-ditch intensity and violent strength.

But in the instants before impact, Kathok has a sudden moment of clarity. He sees Drukann's foot above him, resting neatly on the frame. With wild, time-slowed, mind-blank movement, Kathok's hand, surrounded by the hand spike, lunges upwards to grab Drukann's leg and pull himself up out of danger. Kathok, body almost shuddering from the duel, puts all the vicious effort into this he can muster: after all, it's life and death. This will either lift him up to finish off his opponent, or they'll both fall overboard and most probably die. Either way, the now-vandalised ship's impact with the ground will maul it. But Kathok doesn't think about any of this. He just wants it to end. He's in luck: however things turn out, it will.

OOC: clarification: if they both fall overboard there's still a good chance they'll survive, considering how close to the ground the ship is at this point.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

OOC: Drukann's ship is not so fragile that it falls apart at impact after some scratches from Kathok. It's re-enforced, after all, so it's stronger than you might think. Anyway, apparently we're rewinding time to before they hit the ground...

IC: Drukann - Finishing this

The moment Drukann felt Kathok's hand on his foot, he quickly kicked it to pin it against the ship's frame and hopefully loosen his grip. If Kathok fell down from under the ship, he'd most likely survive, albeit a bit bruised and broken, but if he stayed under there, he'd get crushed by the ship as it hit the ground.

GM IC: Hakkzan - The Tower.

"Ah, there you are," he greeted Armani, then focused his intention on Bai Bai. "What reports, dear?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Armani - Being Supportive

She gave Bai Bai a thumbs up with a grin and continued to believe in the small Skrall.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Oh yeah, I forgot that, soz

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

Aha! Drukann's kick sent his foot into Kathok's hand spike, and in the last moment Kathok pulls himself up and out of, at least temporary, harm's way. However, the jolt of the impact knocks Kathok back down again, leaving him hanging from the hand he used to stabilize himself for a moment. As the ship rises back up to a horizontal path, Kathok wedges his feet back into the frame. So he's hanging from the ship, partway between the underside and the side. Kathok is granted a split-second of reflection.

Despite all his vitriol, and despite how much he loathes the feeling, he is beginning to respect his opponent. He still hates him intensely, but respect - at least in Kathok's mind - is a separate sphere from that. His enemy may have attacked him out of the blue, but isn't that what Kathok did to his quarry earlier? No, no, no! Kathok tries to put these thoughts out of his mind, no matter how much they persist.

And that may be because the thought reminds Kathok, for the first time in a while, of his original goal. On the other hand, the situation's looking pretty grim...but all Kathok needs is hope. No, not hope - the word doesn't suit him. Stubbornness is better. With that in mind, Kathok clings on for dear life, muscles as poised as they can be with the pain.

Kathok

IC: Bai Bai - The Tower, New Atero, freaking out again

"S-sir," I started, "My name is B-Bai Bai."

Oh dear Angonce, stop stuttering-

"I've been researching the G-great beings and their origins f-for some time now,"

Okay, a little better,

"And this research,"

I looked down at my reports, only to remember their subject. My eyes widened. This was a terrible idea.

"A-and this is just a m-minor p-portion of my res-search," My voice began to taper out, "But it is ma-my duty to rep-p-port all of my f-findings."

I very unceremoniously stuck out the more interesting part of my notes, regarding more to the biology and theorized anatomy of the Great Beings, though still containing anecdotes regarding hygiene.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

GM IC: Hakkzan - The Tower. 

"Ah, thank you," he replied uncertainly, taking the pages and handing them to one of the guards, "Would you kindly take this down to Doctor K. I believe Great Being research is his area of expertise."

"D...Doc... Doctor K..." The Skrall blanched, "Do... do I have to?" 

"For karz's sake, he's not that scary." Hakkzan's voice took on a hard tone, "Just give it to him." Once the guard was gone, he turned to Bai Bai, "I apologise for that. Even the Skrall find Doctor K to be somewhat... unsettling, at times. I can have the servants offer you refreshments downstairs, if you wish, but I'm afraid this meeting is of a more private nature." He gestured to the waiting group. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Serka - Diving Bell (Aqua Magna)

"Save your singing for the deep creatures," Serka snapped. "I'm sure they'd appreciate dinner and a show."

IC: Fifteen - Capstone

After taking a moment to process what was going on, Fifteen lifted her head, her eyebrows furrowed at the Onu-Matoran.

IC: Mirror - Second Breath (Tesara Streets)

Mirror took another jerky step back, raising his arms higher. "P-please sir... there... there was an attack... I was simply assuring y-you were alright!"

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

Ailun didn't pause in his work as he answered. "This ship could always use more guns. Besides, it sounds like you know what you're doing. Why?"

IC: Armani - Denied Helping

"I would have gladly taken the report myself after this important meeting, had my fellow Skrall not been so keen to leave," said Armani. "The poor warrior looked very stressed."

It took a lot to rattle Armani, much more so to dissuade her from helping a being in distress. Delivering reports may have been considered by some to be below her station, but helping others was second nature to her.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

GM IC: Joe/Bloat - Diving Bell, Aqua Magna. 

A sharp knocking came from the outside of the bell, and Joe straightened, an excited glint in his eyes. "We're here!" 

A second later, the reason for his sudden upward swing in enthusiasm made itself clear. The bell's downward progress became smoother, faster, and as the porthole came into view, the water beyond it was crystalline and unclouded. The sea floor was clearly visible, and strewn with the wreckage of a once-majestic fortress. Shattered towers lay broken and sprawled across the sand, their ancient parapets encrusted with coral. 

The bell creaked to a stop, hanging a half-dozen bio above the ground.

Joe grinned up at the others, "I told you it was real."

IC: Bai Bai - The Tower, New Atero

"I understand, s-sir. Thank you for your time." I saluted, and left the room.

My bones felt like they were going to shake free of my body.

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

"I dunno, you just seem to be really accommodating."

She kept on at the engine's seams, wary of the moment it came free.

"You let me sleep in the captain's quarters, you didn't throw me out when I broke-"

Erm,

"Tampered with the deck console. A skakdi isn't used to things 'a that sort."

IC: Tveke - Second Breath

"An attack? Where?"
I took another look around.

"And for that matter, where are we? I don't recognize this place. Too much sand."

I hate sand. Got in my arm all the time, rubbed it the wrong way.

IC: Armani - Proud Of Bai Bai

She beamed at Bai Bai, lifting her hand to pat Bai Bai's shoulder as she went by. She was very happy for her friend. When she left, Armani stood at attention facing Hakkzan and the rest of the group once more.

GM IC: Hakkzan and co. - The Tower.

"So..." he glowered expectantly at Maldrakk, before addressing the group as a whole, "...that didn't exactly go as planned, did it?" 

IC: Armani - Tower Of Mistakes

She nodded. "It was incredibly tragic. Will you be needing someone to visit their next of kin? It is not often a task many people willingly take. I can do it myself to take that burden off another's hands, if need be."

A sharp knocking came from the outside of the bell, and Joe straightened, an excited glint in his eyes. "We're here!" 

A second later, the reason for his sudden upward swing in enthusiasm made itself clear. The bell's downward progress became smoother, faster, and as the porthole came into view, the water beyond it was crystalline and unclouded. The sea floor was clearly visible, and strewn with the wreckage of a once-majestic fortress. Shattered towers lay broken and sprawled across the sand, their ancient parapets encrusted with coral. 

The bell creaked to a stop, hanging a half-dozen bio above the ground.

Joe grinned up at the others, "I told you it was real."

OOC: SORRY

IC: Sutrox

What to do about these tin-suits - oh?

"... Well. Well, well, well. Here we are!"

Was this anything to be impressed about?

... YES.

"So, we go in, salvage what we can, and take care not to get eaten by the creeps from the deep?"

GM IC: Hakkzan and co. - The Tower.

"Thank you for the offer, but..." he glanced pointedly at Branar, "...there are others more suited to that task."

____________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Joe - Diving Bell, Aqua Magna.

"Well, when you put it like that, it sounds so easy," Joe's enthusiasm had waned somewhat, and if the other passengers were to follow his line of sight through the porthole, they'd glimpse several years-old corpses lying among the rest of the fortress wreckage. 

Corpses who, like Joe himself, wore the armour of the New Atero guard. 

IC: 042 - Outside New Atero

042 continued to trudge through the desert. Neither leg would last for much longer.

It would be nice to have an energy hound right now.

I stood at the top of the stairs, awkwardly. There wasn't much left to do, except to maybe find those refreshments.

My feet took to the steps slowly, and carefully. I didn't really want any food right now, that sandwich from a while ago was still sitting in my stomach. As was my heart, at the moment. Hakzann and Armani had both been very gracious, but I just knew that I'd made a fool of myself. I'll probably end up drowning myself in literature and tears come tonight.

Checking my progress out a window, I was still very high up. I grimaced. At this rate, I'd think myself into a weeping stupor.

OOC: Makin' her way downstairs, walkin' fast

042 is still open for interaction. If night falls and creatures attack, he's probably done for. Unless his hard drive is salvageable afterwards, idk

IC: Armani - Tower of Mistakes

"Very well." She caught his glance. Well, if he was implying what she thought he was, it was very kind of Branar to speak to the pilot's next of kin. She was no entry level guard herself, but the captain of the guard himself coming to give the news would be a very good gesture.

She continued, "No doubt most of us will know this, but I will say it for those who may not: if anyone here feels they were affected by the tragedy that occurred today, I would recommend seeking counselling. Of course, this was a secret test of a prototype and so you cannot speak of the intricacies of the event, but I am sure that we are all wise enough to be able to leave out details such as the nature of the craft, or the reason for being at the crash site. Seeking help is no crime, nor is it something to feel ashamed of; this was a very traumatic event to have witnessed, or even be in close proximity to."

GM IC: Hakkzan and co. - The Tower.

"Indeed," he cleared his throat, clearly having not thought about exactly what to say to everyone during the brief, "I'd like to think this goes without saying, but suffice to say, you are not to speak a word of what transpired today, outside of this room."

"If word gets out," Stronius spoke up, "We will know, and we will find you. New Atero's reach is longer than you might realise." 

"For your efforts today, you two have my thanks," Hakkzan turned his attention to Ezezko and Armani, "New Atero will remember your contributions, should you find yourselves in need of aid or favours in future. As for you..." his face fell as he turned to face Maldrakk, "...you know your punishment, and the consequences of trying to defy it." 

Evidently tired of standing, Hakkzan finally settled into his waiting chair, "You four are dismissed," he gestured to Branar, Armani, Maldrakk, and Ezezko, "Farewell." 

GM IC: Porangi - Aqua Magna.

Just like the diving bell's passengers during their descent, Porangi would find visibility in the murky water to be near-nonexistent. He could barely see the chain unless it was mere inches from his eyes, and every sluggish current carried the very real threat of separating it completely from his view. 

Of course, he could have simply grabbed onto the chain, but there was always the risk that those on or in the bell might notice the tugging and realise someone was climbing down after them. 

IC Maldrakk - the big whoops party

He kept the apathetic glare even as he snapped a very slight bow and exited the room before Armani could say something about how great New Atero was.

Well once again I'm off. This isn't the first job I've been royally dropped from, that's for sure.

Any other emotions beside acute annoyance had departed, although he was pondering just how he would find a way off of the forsaken city as he slowly marched down the stairs.

IC: Serka - Diving Bell (Aqua Magna)

Serka followed Joe's gaze, but the grisly sight earned only a smirk from her. She felt confident she wasn't going to meet the same fate.

After she finished strapping on her fins and adjusting her mask, she glanced at the others. "Well, what are we waiting for? The sea beasts'll eat canned food just as fast as otherwise." And with that, she dove down toward the parapets, pulling out her dagger on the way.

IC: Mirror - Second Breath (Tesara Streets)

"Th-the Tesara Marketplace!" Mirror stammered. "Y-you have a shop there!"

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

Ailun sighed and turned away from the scrap. "Look, I can put this ship together, but I need a few more hands on deck if you know what I mean. And... you said you were interested in the captain's position..."

Finally reaching the bottom, I was greeted by the secretary. Or... not.

"Um... Armani took care of my reports, just so you know. They weren't late."

IC: Tveke - Second Breath

"A shop? Really?" I said, no degree of sarcasm dripping from my mouth whatsoever.

None at all.

"What do I sell at this, 'shop', huh? Fancy shell necklaces?"

OOC: Threiaa coming soon

Joe followed Serka out into the open water, where he sunk quickly to the soft sand several bio below. 

"Each of you, take one of these," Bloat opened a compartment on the side of the bell, revealing an array of harpoon guns, one of which he passed down to Joe, "These are tipped with miniaturised Devastators. The explosion's powerful enough to take a decent-sized chunk out of pretty much anything, but it usually takes a few minutes for the harpoons to regenerate."

He glowered pointedly at each of them in turn, before concluding. 

"So don't miss, and do not shoot each other." 

Edited by Nato The Traveler
  • Upvote 1

IC: Sayana - Bottom of the ocean

"Aye aye...sir." the Vortixx made a mock salute as she grabbed the harpoon gun, slinging her own rifle over her shoulder.
"Okay then, team. Where to now?"

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Mirror - Second Breath (Tesara Streets)

"F-fruits!" Mirror exclaimed quickly, "F-from the old world!"

IC: Serka - Golden Being's Fortress (Aqua Magna)

Oh, well now he tells her. So much for getting an early start on the treasure hunt.

Still... that gun would definitely be better than her dagger and axes for fighting... whatever may be down there. And she could always get ahead with her fins later.

She snatched a gun from the water breather with a smirk. "Don't tempt me."

IC: Tveke - Second Breath

"Old world?" My brow furled at these words.

I didn't know why, but he was starting to make sense for some reason. And he was becoming oddly familiar... Against my better judgement, I lowered my arm, but still eyed the lad cautiously.

"Alright, I still don't trust you, but something about this is starting to make sense."

The landscape was becoming more familiar too. I recognized the mountain ranges in the distance, even if I couldn't name them.

"What exactly happened?"

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

Oh. Suddenly things started to make more sense.

Laughing nervously, Threiaa sought for some more clarification.

"Hah hah... when did that happen, again? Did we have some koind of agreement, or... what? Help me out here."

GM IC: From Skyrise to Nightfall.

As afternoon stretched into evening, and Solis Magna was lost from sight beyond the horizon, night began to fall across the Great Barren.

And with that darkness, came change.

Tesara.

The settlement of Tesara was in turmoil. Between the theft the previous night, the attack on the marketplace today, and the dozens of guards and bystanders killed between the two, a choking veil of uncertainty and suspicion had begun to stifle the populace.

Tesara was neutral. Tesara was safe. All across the Great Barren, it was known. And until today, it had been irrefutable fact. Sure, there’d been incidents in the past, but today’s events represented an unheralded disaster. The people were scared, and the increased guard patrols, while well-intentioned, weren’t helping to alleviate anyone’s fears.

Tesara’s stance in the eyes of the other settlements had been shaken, perhaps shattered entirely, and only time would tell what the consequences might be.

Sitting on the edge of her bunk, head in her hands, Jira pondered that exact question. What she couldn’t know, of course, was that across the village, in the council chambers, the two remaining members of the triumvirate were worrying along much the same lines as she was.

Fe.

As night descended, so too did the volume of smoke and noise that issued from Fe’s foundries and factories. The forge fires dwindled, the clanking conveyor belts creaked to a stop, and the assembly lines soon followed suit.

The mountain slowly descended into silence.

For the populace that evening, it was business as usual. Word of the market disaster in Tesara had not yet reached them, but rumours of another sort still swirled through the bars and restaurants of the upper levels. Low conversations buzzed about the manhunt in the archives, and the mysterious discovery in the depths of the mines, as well as the sudden and decidedly urgent departure of Xaril from the city earlier that day.

There was little in the way of concern or apprehension in reaction to these developments, though. By necessity, much of the business conducted in Fe was heavily compartmentalised. Mysteries were commonplace here, and its people were no strangers to secrecy.

There was one being, however, who was in the unique position of being privy to every secret that Fe possessed. And this night, even more than most, The Overseer had much to attend to.

Cliffside.

There was one settlement in the Great Barren that never slept.

Between the unpredictable quakes, harsh winds, and the clandestine dealings of its rambunctious citizenry, Cliffside was busy, to some extent or another, at all hours.  

On this particular evening, the mood was more subdued. Varim continued waiting for his contact to arrive, Barlow continued waiting to die, Xaril continued being grumpy, and the drunkards continued to be drunk.

In other words, all was well in Cliffside.

New Atero.

The city-state of New Atero was another story. As the sun began its descent, the guard presence began to increase. Curfew was still a few hours away, but many beings had already retreated to their homes, or were lingering close to their designated neighbourhoods.

The punishment for staying out past curfew wasn’t particularly steep; most offenders just got tossed in a cell for the night, maybe given a half-hearted interrogation if they were being problematic, but the people knew better than to test the guard’s patience. Especially on a day such as this one, after the disastrous incident in the canyon outside the city earlier that day. The guards tended to be in something of a foul mood whenever they lost one of their own.

While the puppet king Hakkzan settled in to enjoy a hearty dinner before bed, another being, who resided in a secret room above the His Spikiness’ own chambers, gazed out a window, watching the tiny figures of New Atero’s populace scurrying about below.

This being was New Atero’s True Ruler, the one who held the strings, the master behind the puppet. He had already been informed of the disastrous outcome of the Strider test earlier that day, and while displeased, he knew there was little he could do about it. It wasn’t an insurmountable obstacle; the engineers would rebuild, and the operation would continue in spite of the setback.

He’d waited many, many long years for a chance to exact his revenge on Fe. He could afford to wait a few more weeks.

The Wastes.

On the dust-strewn surface of a distant plateau, a small swarm of scavenger rahi picked through the wreckage of a downed airship – the same airship that had purportedly been shot down by Vorox a little over a day earlier.

There came a sudden, harsh buzzing sound, and the rahi scattered in fright as a jagged shadow passed by overhead.

Elsewhere, a twisted, misshapen amalgamation of muscle and malice began its journey towards New Atero, heaving its glistening girth across the sandy ground with the aid of an impossible multitude of mismatched, multijointed legs.

Its advance went unchallenged, the rahi and creatures of the desert scurrying from the unnatural thing shuffling through their homes.

Death was coming to New Atero, and nothing was going to stand in its path.

The Arena

In the very same moment that the last rays of sunlight dipped below the horizon, a profound change came across The Arena. A glaring light began to emanate from the newly-emerged dais in its centre, reflecting off the sheeny metallic surfaces of the not-quite-rock surrounding it.

The result was an iridescent column of light that lanced upwards from the structure’s centre.

It was a beacon, one that was visible for dozens of kio in every direction.

OOC: Just a general note - time is fairly flexible in these games, so by all means, if you don’t want it to be night time for your character yet, that’s fine. This post is just to give an indication of what’s going on in different regions of the Great Barren once the sun goes down. 

OOC: I was halfway through this when Nato posted so I'm gonna do a timeskip midway through my post

IC: Armani - Tower of Mistakes

She saluted smartly once more. "It was an honour to meet you, Your Spikiness, and an honour to serve New Atero on this endeavour. If you have any need of me again, please do not hesitate to contact me. I hope to see you again."

She turned, and headed out the door and down the stairs, greeting the being at the door and Bai Bai as she passed.

~

IC: Armani - It's Night Now

After her departure from The Tower, she had decided to go for a ride. The night air was cool and crisp, and it was good to get out to the openness of the desert every now and again. She was about to head back from her impromptu patrol when she saw something- a figure, limping towards the city. She immediately went to land beside them- it could be a trap, she was aware, but she was also aware she was close to the city and also a giant woman with equally giant fists with which to wield weapons. Or become weapons. Either was fine by her.

OOC: She's landed beside 042. I couldn't just leave him out there! D:

IC: Taurek - In Tesara (at night)

I snapped awake. I had fallen asleep inside the Deliverance , having no place to sleep for the night. I lowered my feet down from the dashboard, the scars and imperfections of my legs ever so clear in the moonlit night.

Getting up, I stretched my arms.

Finding a Tesara guard was my first goal, so I set off to the entrance to the city, 2 guards standing outside.

Edited by Aussie Bane