Skyrise

Nato G

GM IC: Barkeep - Capstone. 

The bartender rolled their eyes, and turned away from Vanox to prepare the order.

When they turned back around, they cradled in their gnarled hands a grimy mug that looked like it hadn't ever been washed, containing a viscous, oily liquid that almost certainly hadn't come from a Madu, and didn't even remotely resemble gin. 

Given that this was Cliffside, it was also probably poisoned. 

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Saffina - Cliffside (Capstone Bar and Market)

Shrugging slightly and noting that the duo weren't exactly as stranded as they were previously making themselves out to be, the Vortixx simply produced a fairly bulky pouch of widgets before emptying it of all the smaller ones on the inside, in addition to a map that had been previously tucked away inside of her armor. Granted, this wasn't all of her wealth (she was savvy enough to stash the rest of it within the various hidden compartments scattered around the interior of her ship, mostly in order to seem like less of a target to thieves and the occasional pickpocket), but it was certainly enough to purchase a week's worth of supplies at the very least, and to put a very sizeable dent in her current finances.

This better be worth it, or your lives are about to become much more miserable... and shorter.

"I trust that you'll find this to be more than satisfactory...?," she asked, forking the items over as she proceeded to wait for a response.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The bartender made an ambiguous grunting noise, gulping down the drink in its hand while fixing Vanox's order. It returned a few moments later proffering a slightly cleaner glass of something that was vaguely reminiscent of water. 

GM IC: Stranded Skakdi - Capstone. 

"Thank you kindly," one of the skakdi grinned, hurriedly snatching pocketing the coins. The other skakdi spat on her fingertip, before rubbing at a splotch of dried blood smeared on her armour, and using the resulting 'paint' to dab two markers onto the map, "That first spot, over the canyon, is where our ship came under fire. The second spot is the plateau where we finally crashed." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Vanox - Capstone Bar

Vanox downed the water in one gulp. It tasted funny. But it at least probably wouldn't kill him...hopefully.

"Thank you, barkeep," he said, his smile still somewhat strained.

Edited by Ehksidian

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

"You won't be thankin' me later," the bartender snickered cryptically, moving on down the bar to serve another customer. 

"Much obliged," she said simply, rolling the map back up as it once again disappeared from view. "Is there anything else I should know about before heading out there?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC: Stranded Skakdi - Capstone.

"No," she lied, doubting that they'd be able to get any more money out of the Vortixx, and doubting even more that Saffina would even believe the... other piece of information. 

Saffina didn't know why, but for whatever reason, something about the Skakdi's answer just didn't sit right with her.

Either way, the pair seemed fairly satisfied with the amount they had already obtained, and seeing as to how they weren't looking for more in exchange for any further information, she felt it safe to assume that their business had concluded. Aside from assembling a decent crew and trying to avoid as many pitfalls as possible through proper planning and tactics, there wasn't much else to be done here.

"Very well, then," the Vortixx responded abruptly, almost as if to avoid suspicion. "Enjoy them while they last."

Taking her leave and stepping out through the doorway once again, she then proceeded to make her way back towards The Crimson Takea, intending to stash the map someplace safe before setting her mind towards the current task at hand.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Rorohiko - Ship

"'Wow' is right!" He had not noticed his companion's confusion, instead focusing entirely on his device. "It's slow work, but every time someone finds a sandy monitor or a broken box of weird doodads, that's another jump forwards."

~

IC: Armani - Skies Above New Atero

Armani climbed into her own vehicle, a behemoth for its model. She quickly yet diligently checked her systems were in full repair, and then started the engines proper. Her craft lifted from the ground, in a very proud lift that allowed everyone present to check out THESE Guns, and soared for the area she had been shown on the map. She had been last to take off, and thus ideally she could ensure her teammates would not get lost or have any trouble from her spot behind them.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Katana - Capstone Bar

Tap tap tap tap tap tap...

Katana waited impatiently for the bartender to come back.

Tap tap tap tap tap tap...

Again, he took another look around the bar, scanning the other customers around him. It took a moment for him to notice a Matoran staring at him.

Tap...tap...tap

He quickly examined the Matoran from his seat. He wore black and purple armor, which would mean he was a Ba-Matoran. He also wore a rug around his neck like a scarf, which in Katana's opinion, was a poor fashion choice. Ugh, it could be covered in sweat and-wait do Matoran even sweat? he thought.

Tap......tap......

"Uh, hi?" Katana finally said, breaking the silence between them.

​IC: Skrall

"Really? What's down there? I might be crazy enough to believe you - after all, I was crazy enough to believe him."

IC: Serka - New Atero (Parking District)

She scoffs and twirls her axes. "Some of us can take care of ourselves."

GM IC: Joe/Bloat - Parking District, New Atero.

"See? These guys know what they're doing," Joe grinned, "Come on, buddy, help me out one last time."

"Your last team 'knew what they're doing', too, and it didn't end too well for them now, did it?"

Joe grimaced, "That's my problem. All you gotta do is fly us out there, an' operate the divin' bell." 

"And watch you all die. And miss out on being paid. Again.

"Urgh! Can you guys help me talk some sense in'a him?" Joe finally turned to the rest of the group, looking desperate. 

​IC: Skrall

"Really? What's down there? I might be crazy enough to believe you - after all, I was crazy enough to believe him."

She scoffs and twirls her axes. "Some of us can take care of ourselves."

"See? These guys know what they're doing," Joe grinned, "Come on, buddy, help me out one last time."

"Your last team 'knew what they're doing', too, and it didn't end too well for them now, did it?"

Joe grimaced, "That's my problem. All you gotta do is fly us out there, an' operate the divin' bell."

"And watch you all die. And miss out on being paid. Again."

"Urgh! Can you guys help me talk some sense in'a him?" Joe finally turned to the rest of the group, looking desperate.

IC: Skrall

"You still haven't told me what's down there."

IC: Armani - Open Skies

She could see one of the ships... waiting there? It was hard to tell from this distance, but the size of the craft suggested it was likely to be the Skakdi. Was he lost? She decided to take the lead instead. She could show them where to go, that way. She set a course for the rendezvous point, making sure to keep the other two in view behind her.

OOC: Maldrakk's post sounds like he's waiting there, but I'm not sure.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC Maldrakk

With a thunderous roar, the large vehicle cracked into the air, before he dropped the engine noise and practically disappeared. Looking back from where he left, he could see the Skrall was keeping pace very well, but she suddenly burst forward and took the lead. If it floats your boat.

IC: Saffina - Cliffside (The Crimson Takea)

Pleased to see that her ship had not been vandalised during her absence and that it was still in the mostly-intact state she had left it in, the Vortixx continued her way around to the vessel's port, unlocking the cargo door beneath it's fin, only for the ramp to descend a moment later and allow her access to the vehicle's interior before subsequently closing behind her. After a quick glance of her surroundings, just to confirm that everything was indeed exactly as it was when she departed, she soon found herself within her own personal cabin, placing the newly acquired map in a drawer alongside the rest of its brethren, only to brandish her own blank scrap of parchment as she began to go to work. After a few minutes of furiously scribbling across its surface, repeatedly dipping her quill into its respective vial of ink, and one unfortunate mishap that had forced her to restart the entire process again from scratch, she had finally finished her latest masterpiece, intending to head further back inside the settlement itself in order to post it where it was more likely to be seen.

Looking over her handiwork one last time, she eventually folded it up and tucked it away for safe keeping, along with another small sack of widgets as a bribe, and soon departed in order to put the word out to potential applicants.

Later on, the patrons of Capstone might've noticed said scrap of parchment, now being pinned to the surface of a wall near the bar by the blade of a dagger. It read:

Now Hiring

Who: Fellow pirates, marauders, thieves, and those with an overall penchant for banditry and the like.

What To Bring: Yourself and your weapons, obviously. Smaller craft preferred, but larger ones are also acceptable. Those who become squeamish at the sight of blood or are unwilling to spill a bit of it themselves need not apply, and acts of treachery and/or mutiny will not be tolerated.

When: Departure from Cliffside is at the Captain's discretion. If you want in, then get moving.

Where: Details regarding the destination of this little expedition are need-to-know only... which means that you don't until we've already taken off.

Why: Standard salvage and recovery operation with expected resistance from the locals, who may turn out to be potential bounty opportunities themselves as well.

How To Inquire: Speak to Saffina for more information, at her ship, The Crimson Takea, located just outside of Capstone.

As for the Vortixx in question, however, she could be found lounging on a nearby cot that she had previously set up next to the cargo ramp, enjoying the shade provided by her ship's fin and lazily sipping away at another drink through a straw as she waited for people to eventually start showing up.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

GM IC: Hakkzan - Canyons. 

The skakdi paced excitedly, pausing to peer out the reinforced viewports every few moments. He was rarely able to leave The Tower these days, let alone go on a trip outside of New Atero, so today was a big day for him. 

As he watched, the transport began crawling down the canyon wall, the arrangement of Kanoka integrated into the bottom of the vehicle maintaining its personal gravity, allowing him and other occupants to remain upright. Once the transport reached the canyon floor, the driver yanked open a panel on the roof to fire a flare up into the air. 

The flare was a signal. The test had officially begun.

GM IC: Xaril - The Iron Fist of Fe.

The Iron Fist had cleared the last of the mountains, finally leaving Fe territory behind. The wind remained at their back, although it would still be hours before they reached Cliffside.  

GM IC: Jira - Tesara Marketplace. 

Jira stood near the edge of the marketplace, thinking things over. She'd done everything she could think of to figure out what had happened the night before, but even after speaking to dozens of eyewitnesses that her guards had tracked down, she had nothing of use. No one had gotten a clear look at the thief who'd escaped.

All Jira had to go on was that the escapee was a perfectly generic Vortixx, who'd fled in an utterly unremarkable Jetrax, and she couldn't put out a bounty with such a barebones description.

Cursing softly, she pushed off and joined the other guards in patrolling the marketplace. 

IC: 042 - New Atero. Parking District Airspace

The sun was high above the great wastes, showering it's heat on the whole of civilization. Most members of the populace were busying themselves with work, finishing and beginning their individual duties and obligations. If they were not actively working, then they were engaging in obtaining new work. Some were forgers, technicians, respected warriors or peacekeepers. Some were traders, scavengers, and scoundrels with mixed reputations. All were busy working, drinking, and moving forward in life.

042, was doing nothing.

The machine turned sophont lay integrated into it's very own Red Hydraxon, awaiting any indication of suspicious activity or pressing threats. Within the range of 042's detection equipment was nearly the entire parking district. Nearly. As such, 042 continued to slowly circle about the district.

IC: TV - Tesara, Central Marketplace

Karz, all the military activity was driving away customers. Spineless bottom-feeders.

"Hey," I called to the closest guard, "What's all this about? All the guards?"

OOC: That would be Jira that TV is talking to. I needed to throw 042 in here somewhere. May as well have him on patrol.

"That's need to know," Jira sighed, turning towards the being who'd spoken, "I know it's annoying, but it's also necessary." 

IC: Karanta - Iron Fist

She nodded. "Hey, even if it's slow it's still going forwards. And that's good at least, right? Especially for something as interesting as that...wrist...beeper...booper...thing. What do you even call it?" Karanta asked Rorohiko. "I mean, I'm sure you have some sort of name for it you can tell me, just so I don't need to call it a wrist-mounted beeper-booper."

---

IC: Vanox - Capstone Bar

His smile remained strained. He glanced over to the Matoran who stared at him earlier. He gave a small wave, though his face was still pulled into a strained, scared grin.

Really hope that it wasn't poisoned. Might need to talk to someone to carry me outta here, just in case it was...and that Matoran did stare at me...

---

IC: Ennanas - Outside New Atero

The ground was bare. No tracks. Nothing. It seemed as if no beasts had moved through where she was flying in the past night...or, if they had, their tracks had already been covered. She let out a sigh, before heading back towards New Atero. Perhaps this night, she would go hunting after a solid rest.

She turned the Ahab around, and began flying back towards New Atero. As she flew, something caught her eye. A ship. There looked to be a stranded ship on the ground. Perhaps they were stranded by some great beast the night before? O, perhaps, they may have heard or seen a beast. She lowered her throttle, and directed her ship downwards, towards the grounded ship. Perhaps there would be useful information.

Or useful corpses.

OOC: That grounded ship would be the Moa.

Edited by Ehksidian

1Ydp0mg.jpg

"I'm sorry, but your customer-base is the least of my problems right now." 

"They're my problems," she frowned, considering the second question, "Since... always? Everywhere has its secrets." 

IC: Erland

"... I could help with the crew part."

IC: Ailun - Moa (New Atero)

Ailun looks up at her hopefully. "You could?"

He pauses as he hears engines outside. "Huh. Looks like you aren't the only one." He slips past, running with practiced ease through the maze of pipes and corridors.

IC: Fifteen - Iron Fist

She hardly noticed the passing of distance, nor even what was going on around her as she tinkered, something new taking shape from the scraps.

She stalks up closer to the fish. "Listen pal, we can do this with or without your cooperation. If you aren't going to help, make our job easy and step out of the way." She raises an axe, a single stroke away from his neck. "Capiche?"

IC: Mirror - Tesara Marketplace

Mirror steps up behind Jira with a respectful nod. "Captain Jira? Is... is everything alright?"

GM IC: Bloat - Parking District, New Atero. 

"Bad things," Bloat gurgled, "That's what's down there," he reached up with a steely claw, carefully brushing the axe away from his face, "But if you're all in such a hurry to die, I guess there's not much I can do stop you." 

"Everything's fine, Mirror," she assured the other guard, "This gentleman is simply worried that the presence of a few extra guards is going to scare off all of his customers." 

IC: Armani - Rendezvous Point

She led the way to the rendezvous point and saw the flare when it went up. She flew for it immediately and circled above the craft, close enough to the ground to scan the canyons for trouble, determined to see the craft to safety.

~

IC: Rorohiko - Nerd Ship

"That's close, actually. I call it NecroBooper: The Infinite. Booper for short. I like to give all my machines hardcore names."

She smirks and hooks one of the axes on her back. "See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" she says as she pushes past toward the ship.

Mirror looks up at the gentleman in question and smiles. "Hey, I know you. You're that... uh, fruity guy!"

IC: Akita - Tesara

Akita returned to wandering town. Not a lot to do, and her vehicle likely hadn't refueled yet. The number of guards was causing her some concern, though.

IC: Sayana - New Atero Parking District

She smiled, huffing.

"Well, lets not waste sunlight." she pushed off the wall, towards the ship.

OOC: Akita OFI

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

OOC: I have too many blue characters...

IC: Ailun - Moa (Outside New Atero)

He steps outside, blinking in the sunlight, to see a Jetrax with... a most unusual pilot. "Can I help you?"

Mirror laughs. "You don't need to worry about him, Captain. He's the one who sold me those Bula Berries last week!"

IC: Ennanas - Outside the Moa

The Ahab settled down a short distance away from the grounded aircraft. Ennanas stepped out of it, onto the dusty ground she had rarely touched. Someone had come out. Not salvageable craft. Might have info. Perhaps stationed here for some bizarre reason. Ask.

"Can I help you?"

Ennanas stared at the small person - a Matoran, they were called - with mild curiosity. She cleared her throat, and replied, "Yes. I have question."

Edited by Ehksidian

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

Air whistles through Kathok's fangs as the plasma bolts stab down past him. When the blast erupts below him, he knows he has to get up as quickly as possible - Sunmaker crawls upwards towards its moving targets, but Kathok knows he hasn't completely outrun fate when he hears the detonation below him, a shock wave rippling through Sunmaker's hull. A conflagration of hot grit and glass dust billows upwards, streaming and scraping over Sunmaker like a dense, abrasive whirlwind.

Though his vision is mostly obscured, Kathok traces the enemy ships' movements in his minds eye, continuing on his course blindly: it all adds to the excitement, you see. When the thick dirt has cleared, its bitterly hostile passage scratching both Kathok and his vehicle, the sellsword skakdi can once again see his quarry. Unfortunately they are ahead again.

Kathok is done messing around. This chase is reaching his end game, and there'll only be one victor. Sunmaker draws level with the other two ships.

Kathok

"I wasn't worried," she assured Mirror. 

"If something goes wrong this time around, and these people get killed," Bloat glowered at Joe, as he opened the hatch and gestured for the group to clamber aboard, "I'm leaving you down there to die with them."

Once they got on board, the would-be treasure hunters would probably realise quite quickly that Bloat's airship was far from normal. A partition of thick, crystalline protodermis separated a fairly standard cargo hold from the rest of the ship, and through the translucent surface, one was able to make out the shape of dozens of small aquatic rahi and animals swimming freely in the flooded interior beyond. There were two doors on opposite sides of the partition, with small portholes in their thickened metal surfaces. One looked like it led into a simple storage room, while the other looked like it led into a small unflooded room, with another door at its end. 

"As ya can see," Joe chuckled, taking a seat, "my buddy 'ere's the best when it comes to un'erwater stuff."

Bloat just sighed. 

GM IC: The Test - Canyon, Near New Atero.

For several minutes, nothing happened. The transport trundled languidly along the sand, keeping its distance from the long shadows cast by the jagged outcroppings of the canyon walls. Those shadows would serve as the perfect hiding places for all manner of predators, if they weren't waiting there already.

If the pilots above were watching carefully, they'd soon notice disturbances just beneath the sand, moving in the direction of the transport - the tell-tale signs of Vorox and Zesk moving in for an attack...  

GM IC: Silvanna - Canyon. 

The Whisper continued forwards, its pilot glancing back every few moments to monitor the movements of her attackers. What the karz is wrong with these people? The canyon's edge was close now. Once she reached it, she could lose her pursuers in any one of the crevasses and offshoots hidden among the shattered fragments of the unstable plateaus. Just a few more minutes...